DAY 3 - Violent Demise, Italian Style

Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 19, 2022 at 2:05 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Feel free to answer this after the night concludes, I doubt it is relevant.

But... Are there any books in the library that contain info on this so-called "OCGA"? I'm curious, having never heard of such a group before.
You look through the books in the library. Angie and Gordon follow behind you, both curious.

"The Organization of Culinary and Gastronomic Advancement... their secrets are here. I know it."

You find three books in the Library besides the Cookbook that are marked with the OCGA's logo.

[Image: OCGA.png]

The first one is a "list of potential recruits". You flip through it, and realize it's a printed evaluation of nearly every chef of any significant reputation out there, and whether or not they would be good recruits for the OCGA. Some names jump out at you as you go. Gordon Ramsay, Takeshi Kaga, Ainsley Herriot, Gregg Wallace, Solus zos Galvus... oddly, the evaluation often touches less on cooking skills and more on other factors. Even Gordon is ruled as an unlikely choice.

The next book you find is labeled OCGA Suggested Procedures. This is mostly incomprehensible gobbledygook and diagrams. The suggestion for how to create "warp-aged pineapple", for example, spreads across ten pages, and at one point you need to unfold one of these pages to get a proper sense of the machinery it's asking for. A lot of this seems impossible by current scientific procedures.

The final book you find is labeled History and Mission Statement.

You open it. Every page except one has been torn out. The remaining page is the mission statement.

"We understand that nothing can limit the expansion of the culinary arts. Nothing SHOULD limit the boundaries of true gastronomy. It is our duty to pursue whatever means we can to break the restraints that bind the hands of all chefs, to achieve the heights of cuisine. We will not rest until every person on Earth understands the true beauty inherent in dining.

No matter the work.

No matter the time.

No matter the cost.

For the future of food."

(Feb 19, 2022 at 2:05 AM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: You do find an odd note taped to the wall behind one book. You look at it and realize it's clearly a Lore Item, so you put it back to revisit when you have more time.
You read the note.

"I'm worried about Project Flavor. Last night, when I checked Experimental Kitchen Zero, it was glowing while still in the oven. While the oven was off. It shouldn't be reacting like that as a stable compound, right?

I know the food introduction test works. So why am I worried about cooking with it as a central ingredient? Something about the idea of using the whole thing at once scares me.

I'm starting to think maybe food should have limits."

-Chef Scientist Jacinto Pereira
Draku
MORE LIKE GASTROINTESTINAL ADVANCEMENT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT
[Image: s2n7oi.png]