DAY 3 - Violent Demise, Italian Style

Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 2:54 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Is it possible to investigate the Competition Kitchen now? Hopefully the health inspection has concluded itself.
You try opening the door of the Competition Kitchen, and find it opens easily. It seems whatever order closed it has been lifted.

You investigate the Competition Kitchen, but find nothing has changed overnight.
Solus zos Galvus
Hm. Fine then.

Investigate the Library. Specifically I'd like to take a look at that mysterious cookbook that was mentioned, but if there's some horrible mangled throat-ripping murder weapon in there as well, do feel free to show it to me.
The King of Town
How is that Annie girl's throat ripped, anyway? How big of a wound are we talking here? Is it something you could do with your bare hands, or teeth, if you were some kinda freak that eats human flesh?
Gordon Ramsay
Right. Seems like I'll need to help get this whole bloody mess sorted.

I woke up, and first thing I did was fix that blasted nonsense with the power. Gotta thank Tsumugi for helping me out. At least a couple people around here have sense. "Makoto"... I don't think you know who you're dealing with, but trust me, I'll be the one walking away with everything I want by the end of this.

Anyhow. Once I had the power on, I had a dish to make. I went up to the Food Laboratory, long before anyone else decided to mess around there, and made a risotto. A pretty simple one, really. I hope you all enjoyed. Please tell me what you thought and what it tasted like.

Took that down to the potluck and hovered around for a bit. Other people covered the entire time I was there, so that's not important. I met with Luthier after that, and he volunteered to cover me while I looked for a few things. We checked a few rooms, but no luck, so I locked up my office and went back to bed for the night.
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:07 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Hm. Fine then.

Investigate the Library. Specifically I'd like to take a look at that mysterious cookbook that was mentioned, but if there's some horrible mangled throat-ripping murder weapon in there as well, do feel free to show it to me.
You look in the library. You don't find any weapons or traces thereof.

Checking around, you find a book labeled the OCGA Experimental Cookbook. You flip through the recipes. Most of them seem to demand impossible requirements, such as pineapple aged via temporal warp, spices put through a particle accelerator, or singularity-thin pasta; however, the cookbook is written as if these are normal, easily-accessible ingredients. There is a very nice and normal salsa recipe on page 32, though. You copy that one for later.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:24 AM)The King of Town Wrote: How is that Annie girl's throat ripped, anyway? How big of a wound are we talking here? Is it something you could do with your bare hands, or teeth, if you were some kinda freak that eats human flesh?
You take a look at Annie's throat. The wound is basically the entire front of her throat, leaving it a ripped mess - very large, relative to the surface area.

Judging by the nature of some of the cuts, this doesn't work for either hands or teeth.
Solus zos Galvus
Let's take a walk around the courtyard. Any sign of a bloody weapon yet?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:40 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Let's take a walk around the courtyard. Any sign of a bloody weapon yet?
No weapons. The only things in the courtyard are King Radical's body, the burned sugar body, a cooked chicken by the exterior stairs, and a skateboard by the exterior stairs. A very radical one at that.
The King of Town
Is there any funny stuff on the roofs?
Or inside that sugar body!
Solus zos Galvus
That sugar corpse, I grow tired of looking at it. I'll smash it apart with a large mallet, or a meat tenderizer should do.

Anything inside of it? Or is it merely an unpleasant object?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:42 AM)The King of Town Wrote: Is there any funny stuff on the roofs?
Or inside that sugar body!
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:43 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: That sugar corpse, I grow tired of looking at it. I'll smash it apart with a large mallet, or a meat tenderizer should do.

Anything inside of it? Or is it merely an unpleasant object?
The roofs don't seem out of place or disturbed.

You cut open the sugar body. There is more sugar.

It's sugar all the way down.
The King of Town
Erm, better check all the kitchens for any bloody or missing objects that could've torn a hole in ol' Annie.
Rubber Duck
[Image: CookingKGDay3-1.png]

[Image: CookingKGDay3-2.png]

[Image: CookingKGDay3-3.png]
Makoto Ohno
I'd like to get a meat claw, like you would use for pulled pork, from a kitchen, and if I can use a corpse for this, try to tear someone's throat with it. Are the results similar to Annie's wounds?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:48 AM)The King of Town Wrote: Erm, better check all the kitchens for any bloody or missing objects that could've torn a hole in ol' Annie.
You look through the Staff Kitchen, Competition Kitchen, Cafeteria, Food Laboratory, and Kitchen Set.

There's no notable bloody or missing objects that could inflict similar damage to what happened to Annie's throat.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:50 AM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: I'd like to get a meat claw, like you would use for pulled pork, from a kitchen, and if I can use a corpse for this, try to tear someone's throat with it. Are the results similar to Annie's wounds?
You grab a meat claw and rip out King Radical's throat with it, leaving only two throats available to destroy. Taking a look, it appears slashing repeatedly with the meat claw produces results that are reasonably similar, though you can't be sure if this was the specific weapon or not.
Tsumugi Shirogane
Not sure it's relevant to the deaths, but I might as well pick something to look at - what's the aftermath of the potluck, if that hasn't been investigated yet?
Solus zos Galvus
Investigate the Food Laboratory.

Besides the regular search... things, does it smell at all of gas in here? If the knife used to dispatch Pizza was heated up, perhaps it occurred in here nearby? Certainly would be difficult to carry around a hot knife for a large span of time, or at least tedious.

The ventilation was shut off, so one would think a trace may remain.
Lita
Has the costuming and makeup room been investigated yet? Is there anything there that might prove useful? Blood drops, bloody clothes, a hidden weapon...?
The King of Town
Anything in the garage that could've caused Annie's demise?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:51 AM)Tsumugi Shirogane Wrote: Not sure it's relevant to the deaths, but I might as well pick something to look at - what's the aftermath of the potluck, if that hasn't been investigated yet?
You look at the potluck. It's very nice! There's a bunch of dishes remaining:
*Crown Roast of Pork
*Stuffed Peppers
*Loco Moco
*Jerk Chicken
*Chicken and Shrimp Pallela
*Chicken with Hyacinth
*Gordon's Risotto
*Fish and Chips
*Deviled Eggs
*Boiled Lobster
*Whole Roasted Pig
*A completely empty plate

"Angie thinks the jerk chicken was the best! Ainsley gets a prize later."

(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:51 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Investigate the Food Laboratory.

Besides the regular search... things, does it smell at all of gas in here? If the knife used to dispatch Pizza was heated up, perhaps it occurred in here nearby? Certainly would be difficult to carry around a hot knife for a large span of time, or at least tedious.

The ventilation was shut off, so one would think a trace may remain.
It doesn't seem like there's any noticeable gas smells. There's several traces of cooking, though. Dishes in the sink, burnt scraps in the garbage, a pot left on the stove, all that good stuff.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:52 AM)Lita Wrote: Has the costuming and makeup room been investigated yet? Is there anything there that might prove useful? Blood drops, bloody clothes, a hidden weapon...?
You look through the costuming and makeup room. There's several costumes that have been removed, but no weapons or bloody clothes to find.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 3:52 AM)The King of Town Wrote: Anything in the garage that could've caused Annie's demise?
A couple of the bladed tools look like they could have done it if one really hacked at her neck.
Solus zos Galvus
Is there any residue in the pot? Or does it appear to be the just water? Perhaps the knife was boiled.