DAY 3 - Violent Demise, Italian Style

Solus zos Galvus
I'd like to grab some black pudding and stab King Radical in the side with a knife. I'd then like to slip the black pudding inside and ignite it. How similar is the end result to Pizza's wound?
Draku
I splash some of my fresh knife wound's blood on a surface and attempt to burn it up. Does it leave residue? Does the result smell similar to Pizza's blood smell, or does the burning make it smell different?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Gregg Wallace
I try my hardest to make a truly accurate cake knife and then stab myself with it!
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:15 PM)The King of Town Wrote: I taste Pizza's fatal injury!
And Annie's, for fairness of course.
You taste Pizza's fatal injury. Damn, that's coppery.

You taste Annie's fatal injury. Salty, for some reason.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:21 PM)Lita Wrote: Is there any sort of residue or discoloration around Pizza's wound that might be foodborne?
Doesn't look like it.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:23 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: I'd like to grab some black pudding and stab King Radical in the side with a knife. I'd then like to slip the black pudding inside and ignite it. How similar is the end result to Pizza's wound?
Beyond just the existence of the burns, no, not really. Much thicker in terms of burned substance.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:24 PM)Draku Wrote: I splash some of my fresh knife wound's blood on a surface and attempt to burn it up. Does it leave residue? Does the result smell similar to Pizza's blood smell, or does the burning make it smell different?
It leaves residue when burnt. It smells different from the Pizza blood smell though.
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:30 PM)Gregg Wallace Wrote: I try my hardest to make a truly accurate cake knife and then stab myself with it!
You make a fully accurate cake knife. Then you stab yourself.

It hurts like a goddamn bitch and actually goes in. It also leaves obvious cake residue in the wound.
The King of Town
Can we get a closer look at that there lobster tank? And the area around it? Looking for gore or, whatever.
Luthier
Chef Gordon, would you please unlock Utilities for us? I've heard there may be evidence there.

...I can make a pastry as a reward for you, if you so wish. Delthea was quite fond of them back at home, after all.
Lita
Can I pretty please get Gordon to open the Utilities room so we can investigate in there for anything out of place?
The King of Town
Can I take a quick look around the food lab for the 'secret ingredient' that Kaga mentions in his account?
Makoto Ohno
Just for the heck of it, let me see the freezer. Anything out of place here? Why was it frozen shut?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:39 PM)The King of Town Wrote: Can we get a closer look at that there lobster tank? And the area around it? Looking for gore or, whatever.
You take a look at the lobster tank. For some reason, the water is pitch black. You hear lobster noises from inside, so apparently they're fine.

Aside from the variety of missing animals, nothing else is out of place.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:42 PM)Luthier Wrote: Chef Gordon, would you please unlock Utilities for us? I've heard there may be evidence there.

...I can make a pastry as a reward for you, if you so wish. Delthea was quite fond of them back at home, after all.
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:42 PM)Lita Wrote: Can I pretty please get Gordon to open the Utilities room so we can investigate in there for anything out of place?
"Sure, sure. No problem."

Gordon unlocks Utilities, and you look inside. Besides the fact that all four utilities are off right now, nothing seems abnormal or out of place.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:45 PM)The King of Town Wrote: Can I take a quick look around the food lab for the 'secret ingredient' that Kaga mentions in his account?
You look around the food lab, and find an empty bottle in the chemical cupboard. It's labeled as containing baking soda.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:47 PM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: Just for the heck of it, let me see the freezer. Anything out of place here? Why was it frozen shut?
You look at the freezer door. It seems to be frozen shut from the outside, by several layers of ice.

On the inside, beyond missing ingredients nothing seems to be out of place.
The King of Town
Check out each lobster individually for any shenanigans!
Wear gloves, I don't need my blood ruining everything.
Makoto Ohno
Taste the black water in the lobster tank.
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:52 PM)The King of Town Wrote: Check out each lobster individually for any shenanigans!
Wear gloves, I don't need my blood ruining everything.
You fish out the lobsters and look them over. Most of them seem totally normal. One of them has a few scratches on its shell.

Otherwise, nothing strange about the lobsters.

(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:53 PM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: Taste the black water in the lobster tank.
It tastes very fishy.
Makoto Ohno
Scratch one of the unharmed lobsters really hard with my fingernails. Do human nails leave marks like on the scratched lobster?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:55 PM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: Scratch one of the unharmed lobsters really hard with my fingernails. Do human nails leave marks like on the scratched lobster?
You leave a similar mark as on the shell. Cruel.
Lita
does the food lab have anything in it we can use to investigate the black lobster tank stuff (like a microscope or a thing that separates blood?) if so please investigate that

i was going to post this in discord at first which is why it's lazy typing
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 18, 2022 at 10:57 PM)Lita Wrote: does the food lab have anything in it we can use to investigate the black lobster tank stuff (like a microscope or a thing that separates blood?) if so please investigate that

i was going to post this in discord at first which is why it's lazy typing
You use the real ultimate powers of SCIENCE to determine the black coloring of the water is... from some sort of ink. Can't get more distinct than that.
The King of Town
Does my discerning palette taste anything different in the black water?
Also, filter the water through a mesh into a bucket or something so we can see if there's anything in it, or the tank itself. Water's gotta be changed anyway, this is a humane cooking show!
The King of Town
I'll taste test every food at the potluck to see if it makes me suddenly crave lobster!
I swear, this is a real investigative matter!