Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 1:02 AM)Lita Wrote: Do the keys I found in the burned room go to the metal door in the ground? Can I open it that way?
They sure do. You open the door, finding a ladder.

Climbing down, you find... another door! This one leads into a hallway. It seems the Staff Building also has a basement.

"Oh, hey, so that's what Angie was digging at!"
Solus zos Galvus
Check the basement for the murderer.
Lita
I unlock and open the Staff Basement too. I mean it says keys (plural) so I should have one right?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 1:04 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Check the basement for the murderer.
It's clear from the dust that nobody has been down here in a long time.

(Mar 2, 2022 at 1:05 AM)Lita Wrote: I unlock and open the Staff Basement too. I mean it says keys (plural) so I should have one right?
The Staff Basement consists of several rooms. You decide to make careful use of your time, and approach this later.
Immortal Tatsu
I show off my burner again.
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 2:12 AM)Immortal Tatsu Wrote: I show off my burner again.
Still unused.
Lita
I split the rooms in the Staff Basement in half with Luthier and explore them!
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 3:59 AM)Lita Wrote: I split the rooms in the Staff Basement in half with Luthier and explore them!
You search the north three doors in the Staff Basement.

The northmost door is set into a heavy wall. You find it difficult to open, but inside appears to be some sort of heavily fortified bunker.

The second door from the north is locked. However, it has the same lock as the Utilities. Gordon opens it with the master key, and finds that these are the Utilities for the Staff Building. He makes a face of concern.

The third door from the north opens into what appears to be some sort of communications center. Lots of radio equipment, transmitters, codes, etc.
Solus zos Galvus
Investigate that third room, use my password whenever possible.
Tsumugi Shirogane
Quote:The second door from the north is locked. However, it has the same lock as the Utilities. Gordon opens it with the master key, and finds that these are the Utilities for the Staff Building. He makes a face of concern.

Don't even think about it, Goose.
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 4:06 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Investigate that third room, use my password whenever possible.
You investigate the third room. By using the password, you're able to open the records, though you can't seem to actually make any of the equipment work. Closer inspection shows most of it is out of order.

Looking through the records shows this was a communications hub for the OCGA. It lists various incoming and outgoing calls and communications made.

Notably, about two years prior to the Killing Game, all outgoing calls are listed with an emergency signal. There are then a couple more outgoing calls made, and nothing after that but a barrage of incoming calls until one week before everyone arrived here.
Goose
(Mar 2, 2022 at 4:08 AM)Tsumugi Shirogane Wrote:
Quote:The second door from the north is locked. However, it has the same lock as the Utilities. Gordon opens it with the master key, and finds that these are the Utilities for the Staff Building. He makes a face of concern.

Don't even think about it, Goose.
honk.
Luthier
I'd like to investigate the first room, the bunker, if it's possible.
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 4:19 AM)Luthier Wrote: I'd like to investigate the first room, the bunker, if it's possible.
You investigate the bunker.

It appears to be a fully fitted emergency bunker. Judging by the walls, it's designed to absorb anything up to and including a point-blank nuclear explosion. There's several ripped up diagrams and plans in here.

There's also a note. You read it.

"I knew it! I KNEW IT! I knew Project Flavor wasn't safe! I'm just glad I panicked... couldn't save them, but maybe I can save everyone else.

I'll hide it all. I can't make this building disappear, but if I can just... hide enough, then nobody will know how to make it again. And we can't have another disaster.

Food needs to be safe! Not lethal! If the OCGA tries to rebuild after THIS... well, I don't know what I'll do."
Luthier
Oh, my apologies, Chef Ramsay & Lita. Well, it's my turn.

Let's search the south half of the hallway... though I have a bad feeling about this.
Solus zos Galvus
Anything out of the ordinary in the Staff Utilities?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 4:41 AM)Luthier Wrote: Oh, my apologies, Chef Ramsay & Lita. Well, it's my turn.

Let's search the south half of the hallway... though I have a bad feeling about this.
You search the south half of the hallway.

The southmost door opens into a room that appears to be some kind of repair room. There's lots of half-working kitchen equipment scattered around, including kitchen equipment that doesn't seem like any you've ever seen before.

The second door from the south is a locker room. It mostly has hazard suits and other protective gear, but still has a few chef uniforms as well.

The third door from the south is locked. Gordon tries the master key, but that doesn't work.

You now have a map of the Staff Basement as a result, however.

[Image: Staff_B1.png]
Luthier
I suppose I'll follow up on the Repair Room and Locker Room, then. Is there much of interest in there after taking a closer look?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 2, 2022 at 5:09 AM)Luthier Wrote: I suppose I'll follow up on the Repair Room and Locker Room, then. Is there much of interest in there after taking a closer look?
The Locker Room has a lot of individual lockers. You'll have to try them with more time.

The Repair Room has a list of work orders. They end on the same day the communication logs end.