Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 4:07 AM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: Until I get my thoughts together regarding useful investigation of the body/area around it, if the camera I took from Lasagna Cat is still in the 2nd floor south hallway, share anythingit captured.

Might as well put down a note to play this welcome video I found, too, but since it's lore-related, it's no problem if it gets saved for after the phase ends or whenever works best.
You put on the camera video. You see the following things.
-Makoto walking away from the camera and to the far end of the hallway, going right.
-Hurderer coming from the far right and going to the far left.
-Rubber Duck coming from the near left and going to the near right.
-Makoto coming from the far left and going to the far right.
-Gregg coming from the middle left and going to the middle right.
-Hannibal coming from the middle left and going to the far right.

Then the camera runs out of juice.

As for the welcome video, you pop it in at screening and start to watch. An unfamiliar chef is onscreen, excitedly standing in what looks a lot like the Burned Room, except not burned. She has a pot bubbling on the stove.

"Hello, and welcome! If you're seeing this video, it's because your potential has been recognized, and you've been welcomed into the ranks of the Organization for Culinary and Gastronomic Advancement! First off, congratulations on surviving your final assessment. I hope it wasn't too painful, newcomer!

Now, as an official OCGA member, there's a few rights and responsibilities you have. First, any OCGA-affiliated restaurant will now allow you to cook in their kitchen. Just show them your badge if you feel like trying something new, and they're honor-bound to provide you help! Make sure NOT to show your badge to unaffiliated restaurants. We're a growing group, and it's not safe for us to go public yet. Once we do, though, your badge will provide even better access!

Second, you are now required to contribute a new recipe once per year. We'd like it if you could try to focus on experimental recipes, but if you have to settle for a current recipe, it's fine as long as it's something not already in the OCGA Cookbooks. Theoretical recipes are allowed and encouraged, as long as you can back up the proposal with plausible plans!

Finally, you can now request access to the OCGA Experimental Building. With eight kitchens and several ingredients you can get nowhere else, this little building disguised as a filming complex is the impending birthplace of future cuisine! Make sure to bring your best and brightest ideas whenever you come here. Keep in mind that access shouldn't be taken lightly - it's a privilege to cook with the most advanced cooking equipment there is yet!

That's the basics! Your OCGA Recruiter will explain more as you learn about our great organization. I look forward to your contributions, for the future of food!"
Makoto Ohno
Okay, for some final investigations from me for the night, that unusual lump in the Offices, does it smell particularly strongly of anything? If I taste it, does it taste like anything recognizable, or is it too charred to tell?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 5:04 AM)Makoto Ohno Wrote: Okay, for some final investigations from me for the night, that unusual lump in the Offices, does it smell particularly strongly of anything? If I taste it, does it taste like anything recognizable, or is it too charred to tell?
It smells and tastes of cooking oil, along with fire.
Solus zos Galvus
Fetch me a bottle of cooking oil from the Kitchen of your choosing. I'd like to empty it, set it alight, and compare the resulting mass to the lump. Are they similar?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 5:43 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Fetch me a bottle of cooking oil from the Kitchen of your choosing. I'd like to empty it, set it alight, and compare the resulting mass to the lump. Are they similar?
You ignite the bottle and compare the results.

Absolutely nothing alike. The lump is soft and has a lot of give, whereas the bottle's remains are hard and incredibly firm.
Solus zos Galvus
Fine, fine. Cut the bloody lump open, what in the seven hells is it?
Immortal Tatsu
I'd like to throw a bottle of cooking oil into a freezer until it solidifies and compare it to the lump.
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 5:53 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Fine, fine. Cut the bloody lump open, what in the seven hells is it?
It looks like a sponge.

(Feb 28, 2022 at 6:04 AM)Immortal Tatsu Wrote: I'd like to throw a bottle of cooking oil into a freezer until it solidifies and compare it to the lump.
Nope.
Immortal Tatsu
How about Gordon's Office? Anything amiss in there?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 7:21 AM)Immortal Tatsu Wrote: How about Gordon's Office? Anything amiss in there?
Gordon lets you into his office. Nothing seems to be out of place.
Solus zos Galvus
Cover King Radical in oil as he lies on the ground outside and set him on fire. Do the burn marks and pattern look like Nemechef?
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 7:29 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Cover King Radical in oil as he lies on the ground outside and set him on fire. Do the burn marks and pattern look like Nemechef?
Pretty much, yes. It's harder to tell due to him being burnt from the execution, but it's clear that part of a body being flush with the ground will protect that part from being burned.

However, while the body's burns look the same, pouring oil created a large puddle around Radical that also ignited. There is no similar pattern around Nemechef.
Gordon Ramsay
Upon further examination of Nemechef's body, you realize that the thumb and pinky finger of his left hand are both missing. You're really not sure how you missed that.

Looking closely, you can tell that there are no burns on the cut cross-sections of those two fingers.
Immortal Tatsu
Like I said, I'm a man who pays his debts. I didn't exchange a single word with that Nemechef guy, but he vouched for my innocence in the last case before anyone else. Would've liked to try one of his hot dogs, but all I can do now is catch his killer.

I woke up and headed to the Bar to pick up a weapon I dropped off there earlier, spotting Draku and Solus in the Breakroom on my way up. Hannibal tried to make small talk with me as I left the bar, but I wasn't in the mood for his rambling. I crossed the roof to the set building and headed down to Costuming, where I saw Luthier as I geared up for my new security gig.

[Image: h5pIaWJ.jpg?1]

Let's fuckin' go.

I headed down and passed Tsumugi in the Store Set, then entered the Kitchen where - the fuck? Who skinned ol' Sheamus? Some messed up shit, fellas. Anyway, I went down to the basement to stand guard outside of Utilities and keep any troublemakers out. Ain't nobody pissing off the big man on my watch.
[Image: 8UmbEnT.png]

While I kept watch, I saw poor Nemechef leaving the Wine Cellar. Still had his cart with him at the time. The other Lecter - Hurderer? - showed up at some point and popped into the Cellar too before going back up. Honestly, it was a pretty dull shift. Guess nobody wanted a piece of me. Eventually Tsumugi came by to relieve me of my duty and took it over for herself, which was fine by me.

I went back up and left the Kitchen to the Dining Set, where "Detective Fieri" started interrogating me. Something about the "Mystery of the Utilities". Can ya believe it? I just spent half my night guarding the damn place. Ain't a suspicious bone in my body.

[Image: hNi1733.jpg?1]

After he was done with me, I headed up the stairs and saw Hannibal in the Library with his nose in a book. I continued to Awards and up to the roof, where I came across an odd book lyin' around. "OCGA Emergency Escape Procedures" or something. Sounded relevant to my interests, but I couldn't open the damn thing - seemed to be sealed shut somehow. I left it and headed to the staff building's Sauna for an endurance contest, but no one else showed, so I just steamed on my own.

On my way back through the Bar I saw Diona, manning the counter as usual. Still don't approve of a brat serving alcohol but at least she's dedicated. I headed downstairs from there and saw Draku and Solus in the Breakroom again - only this time, they were knocked out and taped to the wall. Ain't my business so I went to bed.
Lasagna Cat
[Image: MNJjX7c.png]

*Yawn* Ahh... so nice to wake up in my own bed for once. As opposed to at the bottom of a cold staircase, narrowly avoiding a broken neck. It's fun when I do it to Odie or Nermal, because they deserve it. But to me? Death! You should all be put to death!

Speaking of "death", that's what I hoped to give Takeshi Kaga tonight.

I get up and shuffle over to the staff kitchen, spotting Draku and Solus leaving the breakroom. My good pal Hurderer is in the kitchen, not sure what he's doing. I grab some supplies for tonight's mega-lasagna. We're best buds since I chased him around threatening to kill him.

I then head over the roof and into equipment, where I start working on a... secret project. I grab a few things from costuming as well, then hide it in recording under a sheet. Then, I head over to the competition kitchen (Luthier leaves as I enter) and get to work on my massive dish, a huge sheet of lasagna. Once it's done, I offer Tsumugi (how are there STILL people in this place I've never met before?) a bite, she seems content and heads off into the Kitchen Set. Soon, Hurderer exits the same doorway and takes a bite. He loves it too!! After he leave to the Store Set, I wait here a while but nobody seems to be coming through.

[Image: fTi1M9J.png]

As I start to leave, I hear a massive roar - and spot a dragon, spouting flames and running from the hallway to the Dining Room. I sure as heck don't want any trouble from that guy, so I run into the Store Set and back upstairs. I decide to check out the security room, see if anything interesting's happening on the cameras. Tatsu and Tsumugi are in Food Storage, the former heading back upstairs, and Angie's in the Break Room KOing Solus and Draku. Glad those guys got their just desserts, bet they were up to something really stupid. Anyway, as I go to leave, who arrives?

Takeshi. Kaga. Unfortunately, he's a bit early for my plan to go off, so I leave him be for now. As he enters, I head off to Recording and decide, as it's such a nice day, to stand on the exterior stairs taking in the sun. Hurderer passes me by, then much later Makoto. And then, right after Makoto... Kaga. I taunt him and he THROWS an ICE PICK straight THROUGH MY HEAD and KILLS ME...

[Image: ZWbr53C.png]

...or SO HE THINKS!! The truth is, that was just a decoy Garfield. The real Garfield - me - was under the stairs, waiting to strike and knock him down the stairs after his fumbled kick sends him off balance. Except, uh, I guess none of that ended up happening. I don't want to mess with a guy with an ice pick so I just cut my losses and - for the first time in four nights - go to bed unkicked. Oh, and I spot those two dorks from earlier taped to the wall. Serves them right!

[Image: l67APxb.png]
Lasagna Cat
Also, I, uh, taste the lump. I haven't been keeping up with things as much but I've seen at least one person asking me to "taste the lump". Hope this isn't a prank, or else someone's eyes are getting clawed out tonight.
[Image: RvGUrtv.png]
Tributes to Jim Davis
Gordon Ramsay
(Feb 28, 2022 at 4:28 PM)Lasagna Cat Wrote: Also, I, uh, taste the lump. I haven't been keeping up with things as much but I've seen at least one person asking me to "taste the lump". Hope this isn't a prank, or else someone's eyes are getting clawed out tonight.
tastes like char.
Makoto Ohno
[Image: GREGG.jpg]

Gregg Wallace, you bastard, you’ve made a mistake, mate. You can’t see an opportunity when it’s in front of your bloody eyes, can you? You’ve wasted the rest of your life, mate. Step out of this canyon and you’ll be a disgrace. Even the biggest stars implode when they start burning iron; you’re about to learn how crushing the weight gets when you deal with burning gold.

I’ll shove it down for now, and deal with that bastard later. Getting out of this canyon takes us solving these murders, and you blokes can’t do that if I don’t tell you about what I spent the night doing.

There’s not enough hours in the night to waste it playing around. I spent the night finding out everything there is to know about these OCGA cowards who gave up on the cusp of their culinary empire. There’s nothing that’ll come from this venture if we all make like Solus and Draku, who were sitting in the Breakroom when I marched over to the Laundry Room to root through some pockets. I scored some two-bit bobs from the trousers. You can’t call it filthy lucre when it’s been through the wash!

I couldn’t find anything else in there. I went into that Staff Kitchen next, to see if I could make one of the recipes from that OCGA book. Maybe the bastard Gregg and Ainsley had the same idea, because Gregg came in not long after I started, and Ainsley came in to make some pizzas as I was leaving. Whatever those boffins were doing, I can’t do it myself yet, but neither can those two, so where’s a reason to worry?

I went downstairs, saw Solus and Draku still faffing off down here like a pair o’ vagabonds, and went across to the main building. All I needed to do here was pass through the Infirmary. Simple plan, ain’t it, mate? Not everything comes with strings attached. Every once and a while, it pays to be honest, but…

[Image: AngryLaura.jpg]

…the bloody bastard Gregg didn’t get the memo! He passed by me and turned around and stabbed me in the back. Ya shouldn’t have done that, mate. It’s the silver rule that you always have enough on you to crush the bloody idiot who thinks they’re going to turn around on you and stab you in the back! I fought that bastard off with a weapon I had been carrying for self-defense, and he ran off, the coward. If it wouldn’t have me executed, I’d finish the job.

After he ran off, I went up to the Show Archives to have a right proper look ‘round. You saw one of the videos I found. Least interesting of the bunch, that tape. The story this OCGA has is really only for those in the know. There’s only a few copies of these records, and not just anyone can have them. They separate the haves from the have-nots. The lousy lot that most people belong to can’t get their hands on these.

Once I had some tapes, I stepped out into the south hallway on the second floor. I set down the camera that I fished up from the cat. You blokes have already seen what it captured. Going down the hall to the Awards Gallery, that imitator Hurderer passed me by, leaving the Awards Gallery.

I struck gold tonight, mates. That OCGA left all kinds of hints about who they were, but I can’t go giving away the whole mine for free. What I’ll tell you is that I found out some about that chef Pereira, and that I saw that Diona and a Rubber Duck come through at one point to push a food cart up the stairs.

Tsumugi, you’ve got to ask for some payment for services rendered. Guarding the Utilities from that bird was only a waste of your night if you get nothing in return for it, and you were the only one here doing any kind of work while these blokes all slacked off with food carts and tape.

After those two went upstairs, I tried to get back to bed with tonight’s treasures, but that health department had closed down the Cafeteria. I went the long way around and had to pass through Recording to get to the Exterior Stairs. Lasagna Cat was sitting on them as I went down.

[Image: NotLauraBusiness.jpg]

The last thing I saw in the night on my way to sleep was Solus and Draku taped up against the wall. Your business is your business, you couple o’ blokes, but it looks to me like you don’t have much of business being here at all.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Psychologist's Log
February 28, 20XX

I step out of the dorms, noticing Draku and Solus loitering in the Break Room, and proceed to the Bar. My previous attempts at offering counsel hadn't beared many fruits, so I thought a change of venue would be in order. Tatsu is sitting when I arrive, though he seems to ignore my presence as he gets up to leave. Gregg Wallace did happen to stumble in, but he only utters nonsense before quickly leaving. Nevertheless, I managed a meaningful chat out of Kaga, who came by to collect an ice pick, and during my therapy, Ainsley came by for a drink.

After I finished up, I went towards the Animal Pen, noticing movement in the Burned Room on the way. Once I arrived, I snatched a fresh salmon as preparation for my next dish. I witness several sights on my way downstairs, such as Lita in the Burned Room with a pool cue, some indescribable thing covered in a sheet in the Recording Room, and Angie going down the Exterior Stairs.

And now, as there are several pressing matters at hand, a brief overview over the rest of my actions:

>grabbed a camera and tripod for Equipment, placed them both in the Competition Kitchen so my next recipe crafting could be filmed for a change

>went through the Kitchen Set where Finweather had been skinned, collected some ingredients for my dish

>cooked my salad in the kitchen, presented it to Hurderer in the Offices, saw Fieri as I passed through the Dining Room

>read in the library for a bit, went to sleep

Solus zos Galvus
Investigate the skin more. What shape is it in?