DAY 6 - Burning Night, Holy Night

Guy Fieri
Looking around the church is there any oil hidden around that could have been used then? I.e. Catechumens oil

For rubber duck - Is there any any traces of powder on the floor anywhere that could have been Flammable? I.e. flour, corn starch, sugar?
[Image: tumblr_p6hpcmMGRH1rypm6mo1_1280.jpg]
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 3:56 PM)Guy Fieri Wrote: Looking around the church is there any oil hidden around that could have been used then? I.e. Catechumens oil

For rubber duck - Is there any any traces of powder on the floor anywhere that could have been Flammable? I.e. flour, corn starch, sugar?
You take a look. Some looking around finds a bowl of anointing oil in the Chapel. A warning label says "DANGER: Highly flammable!"

Nope. Beyond the wax from the candle that's on the Duck itself, there's no other foreign substances.
Guy Fieri
It's mentioned the floor is singed around rubber ducks body - checking under the body / around the body is there anything there that she would have been thrown on top of?
Solus zos Galvus
You mentioned some symbols in the Chapel that could cause the wound on Duck's head. Are any of them near the duck?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 4:09 PM)Guy Fieri Wrote: It's mentioned the floor is singed around rubber ducks body - checking under the body / around the body is there anything there that she would have been thrown on top of?
Nope. The only thing out of place around the Duck is the candle on her body.

(Mar 19, 2022 at 4:42 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: You mentioned some symbols in the Chapel that could cause the wound on Duck's head. Are any of them near the duck?
They're all currently in their proper locations, none of them near the duck.
Solus zos Galvus
Is Rubber Duck's head bloody? Is there blood around?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 5:07 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Is Rubber Duck's head bloody? Is there blood around?
there's a small amount of blood, all trailing from the scalp wound.
Solus zos Galvus
Is there any bloody, heavy object outside or in the rooms lining the basement passage?

Does a frying pan match the wound on duck's head? How about a noose and Makoto's neck?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 6:03 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Is there any bloody, heavy object outside or in the rooms lining the basement passage?

Does a frying pan match the wound on duck's head? How about a noose and Makoto's neck?
the answers to all three of these questions are no.
Lita
I use a nearby person/fleshy object/whatever to wrap the altar cloth I found earlier and strangle them, does the marks created from that kind of match the bruises on Makoto's neck?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 6:22 PM)Lita Wrote: I use a nearby person/fleshy object/whatever to wrap the altar cloth I found earlier and strangle them, does the marks created from that kind of match the bruises on Makoto's neck?
Not in the slightest!
Lasagna Cat
(Mar 18, 2022 at 2:00 AM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: Oh, after that I go through the secret passageway to the chapel. Just to, y'know, scope the area. And there I find a burnt Makoto and a burning Rubber Duck! What a horrid surprise. But I just kinda shrug it off and head to bed.

I memory checked this so for a bit more clarification: Rubber Duck was only just starting to burn when I saw her, with the flames spreading from the candle on top of her. She wasn't moving or struggling in any way. Just goes to show, you should always handle fire with care.
[Image: RvGUrtv.png]
Tributes to Jim Davis
Immortal Tatsu
I compare a rolling pin and a meat mallet to Duck's head wound and Makoto's bruises. Any similarities?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 7:36 PM)Immortal Tatsu Wrote: I compare a rolling pin and a meat mallet to Duck's head wound and Makoto's bruises. Any similarities?
Not really to either one. It's closer to Makoto's bruises than any strangulation or fall would be, but it's still not similar to the actual result.
Lasagna Cat
Alright, time to test a few things.

Is there any candle wax deposited anywhere in the chapel? Specifically on the trapdoor leading to the underground passage. If you place a candle on the trapdoor and open it from below, does it fall onto where Rubber Duck's body would have been?

Drop a dead body onto the ground into the staff basement as if I had knocked it out. Are there any clear signs of assault?

Check the locker room, comms room and emergency bunker, if nobody has done so already.
Tributes to Jim Davis
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 8:08 PM)Lasagna Cat Wrote: Alright, time to test a few things.

Is there any candle wax deposited anywhere in the chapel? Specifically on the trapdoor leading to the underground passage. If you place a candle on the trapdoor and open it from below, does it fall onto where Rubber Duck's body would have been?

Drop a dead body onto the ground into the staff basement as if I had knocked it out. Are there any clear signs of assault?

Check the locker room, comms room and emergency bunker, if nobody has done so already.
Not beyond the wax sitting on top of Rubber Duck, and a bit of wax next to the altar cloth lying on the ground. Beyond those cases, no wax is outside in the chapel. If you were to drop it on the trapdoor... your memory will have to take care of this one.

You shove a body through the trapdoor. There's clear signs of injury on the body, but they do not match the injuries on the two bodies.

You check those three rooms. Nothing seems out of place since the last time you checekd.
Lasagna Cat
(Mar 19, 2022 at 8:32 PM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: You shove a body through the trapdoor. There's clear signs of injury on the body, but they do not match the injuries on the two bodies.

Think I might've worded that wrong - just wanted to check as you said earlier there were no "signs of assault" in the staff basement hallway. If I were to say drop a dead body as if it had been KO'd (as two people were apparently) in that room, would it leave any signs in the room itself?

@ Angie - Can you present the shovel you KO'd Rubber Duck with? Is there a corresponding bruise on her head that matches it? Did you move her anywhere once you'd done that?

Also lastly because that last investigation did give me an idea check if the neck bruises on Makoto would line up wtih her head being slammed in the trapdoor.
Tributes to Jim Davis
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 8:44 PM)Lasagna Cat Wrote:
(Mar 19, 2022 at 8:32 PM)Gordon Ramsay Wrote: You shove a body through the trapdoor. There's clear signs of injury on the body, but they do not match the injuries on the two bodies.

Think I might've worded that wrong - just wanted to check as you said earlier there were no "signs of assault" in the staff basement hallway. If I were to say drop a dead body as if it had been KO'd (as two people were apparently) in that room, would it leave any signs in the room itself?

@ Angie - Can you present the shovel you KO'd Rubber Duck with? Is there a corresponding bruise on her head that matches it? Did you move her anywhere once you'd done that?

Also lastly because that last investigation did give me an idea check if the neck bruises on Makoto would line up wtih her head being slammed in the trapdoor.
Ah. You grab a dead body and simply shove it through the trapdoor. It doesn't leave any special marks in the room.

"Nyahaha, sure!" Angie presents her shovel. You compare it to the bruise on Rubber Duck's face. It's a match.

"Nah. Angie just left her alone after stealing the keycard."

You check the bruises. No luck there.
Lasagna Cat
Does the uhh arm match the neck wounds?

Is the goose around? If so, uh... any ideas man?
Tributes to Jim Davis
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 8:51 PM)Lasagna Cat Wrote: Does the uhh arm match the neck wounds?

Is the goose around? If so, uh... any ideas man?
The arm actually... does! Specifically, the fist.