DAY 6 - Burning Night, Holy Night

Solus zos Galvus
What about the duck? Do the candle holder wounds look similar?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 7:15 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: What about the duck? Do the candle holder wounds look similar?
Not really. Too light to replicate the head injury.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
What do each body smell of?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 7:16 PM)Dr. Hannibal Lecter Wrote: What do each body smell of?
Fire, and in Makoto's case, oil.
Solus zos Galvus
Does anything in the Chapel look like it could have caused Duck's wounds?

For that matter, does the dent in her head even look fatal or does it appear as though she burned to death?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 7:20 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Does anything in the Chapel look like it could have caused Duck's wounds?

For that matter, does the dent in her head even look fatal or does it appear as though she burned to death?
Hypothetically, it seems like one of the large decorative symbols could have done it. The ones that are both heavy and dense.

The dent is definitely severe, enough to knock her out. It is possible she died directly of it, but also possible she burned to death. You can't entirely tell.

Also, examining the Duck again shows you a large bruise on her face. You're surprised you missed that. Someone must have been really overlooking things.
Immortal Tatsu
Hey Angie, you give her that bruise? You'd know where you hit her and how hard.
Solus zos Galvus
I would like to perform an autopsy on the Duck if I am able. Specifically I wish to examine her lungs for signs of smoke.

If she died before the fire, she shouldn't have inhaled any, after all.
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 7:42 PM)Immortal Tatsu Wrote: Hey Angie, you give her that bruise? You'd know where you hit her and how hard.
"Yep! That one is Angie thwacking her with a shovel!"

(Mar 18, 2022 at 7:45 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: I would like to perform an autopsy on the Duck if I am able. Specifically I wish to examine her lungs for signs of smoke.

If she died before the fire, she shouldn't have inhaled any, after all.
You slice open the Duck's lungs. Brutal.

There's signs of smoke in there.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
After I take a picture of my own head bruise, I examine the bruise on Saul's head. Comparing these two, as well as the bruise on Rubber Duck, are there any similarities?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 9:06 PM)Dr. Hannibal Lecter Wrote: After I take a picture of my own head bruise, I examine the bruise on Saul's head. Comparing these two, as well as the bruise on Rubber Duck, are there any similarities?
Your head bruise looks a lot like that of Saul Goodman's. It does not resemble Rubber Duck's.
Solus zos Galvus
Tonight was a "mixed bag" as they say. On one hand of course, I made great headway in my exploration of the belowground levels, yet the health department thwarted the majority of my plans. Good riddance, I say, even if it frees the Goose for further tampering with the Utilities.

When I awoke, I banged Ainsley atop the head with my gun and stole his clothing - not that dreadful pizza armor, but what lay beneath. I then proceeded to change into it and meet up with Angie Yonaga. While I must admit her cult seems rather strange on the outside, I was rather curious about her beliefs, so we made ourselves a deal. Provided she knock someone out and retrieve a keycard, I too would join her in worship of Atua, if only for a while.

At that point I left to the Offices to murder that lowly troglodyte that dare call himself a chef: Gordon Ramsay. Sadly, that pathetic duck had blocked off the area, and I was unable to enact my plan. A pity too, it would have been quite interesting, involving all sorts of costumes and clothing swaps and such shenanigans. Instead, we are stuck investigating a tedious burning case for the second and third times concurrently. How exciting.

Disgrunted, I went to Broadcasting to once again put my dance moves on display, then headed off to the Library to research the OCGA, passing Lasagna Cat. Perhaps unsurprisingly, that foul feline almost surely attempted to kill me with a trap! As soon as I began browsing the shelves, one of them tipped over and almost crushed me! Thankfully, as you may have come to know, it will take much more than that to kill me with any sort of permanence, so I did not care.

I left to reunite with Angie, after fleeing a verbal assault by the Cleaning Room from Ainsley, evidently upset with me. Saul Goodman was inside, knocked out. Outside, I met with Angie and she revealed to me that she had secured a keycard from the duck, though she did not murder him. We explored the basement together, along with Luthier apparently, though she seemed confused that the duck was not present down there where she left it.

At the end of my night, I broke off from Angie and... I was assaulted in the main hall of the staff basement by someone hiding in one of the rooms! Whatever I was hit with, it knocked me out cold.

I swear, the nerve of you people.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Does Solus's bruise match up with mine and Saul's?
Ainsley Harriott
Whoever's hitting me in the fucking face while I'm sleeping, hit me hard enough to wake me up at least.

Get up, apparently my clothes have been stolen but whatever I'm wearing my pizza armor still. I go to the staff kitchen, my pizza forge, and make my pizza armaments and a new helmet since that got stolen too. Head downstairs after that and begin patrolling. I get to the kitchen set, nothing going on here, then in the competition kitchen I find Lita who grabs me and pulls me over to the oven. Gregg Wallace the weird bastard jumps out of it and lita shoves me at him and runs off. He tries to hit me in the head with a rolling pin, but my helmet took the brunt of the damage. Well made, that helmet. I push him back in the oven and leave, having secured the area well enough and continue my patrol.

I headed through the store set, cleaning room, infirmary, nothing really of note. I went back toward the dorms and found Draku, laying on the bed of our former Nemechef. He's having a moment, I'll leave him be. Next was the offices, wasn't gonna go in there but I did see there was a closed by the health department sign again so I figured they were secured enough. I made the same round again and found Saul in the cleaning room as I went into the infirmary again. I took a look around and saw someone coming down the stairs wearing my clothes? and a dragon mask? I brandish my pizza sword and prepare for combat, ready for a duel, buuuut they ran. Coward. I followed behind them.

In the cleaning room again whoever it was is now laying there KO'd. I pulled off the mask and uh. Okay. It's Saul. Bastard. I kicked him for his troubles and continued my patrol. I have no need for those clothes anymore anyways, my armor is all I need. Through Pizza, I am strong.

Nothing else really happened after that, I went back to the staff building and did a quick sweep, finding Hannibal and Tsumugi who is crying in the bar but that was all. I went back to my room and to bed.
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 9:45 PM)Dr. Hannibal Lecter Wrote: Does Solus's bruise match up with mine and Saul's?
Nope.
Solus zos Galvus
Are there any firestarting materials in the Chapel besides the candle? How melted is the candle?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 18, 2022 at 10:38 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Are there any firestarting materials in the Chapel besides the candle? How melted is the candle?
There's other candles, but otherwise, no. No matches or lighters or anything.

The candle next to Rubber Duck is pretty heavily melted. The wax is visibly puddled around it.
Tsumugi Shirogane
I'm fine! I swear I'm fine! I really am. Everything is FINE!

I woke up, and immediately gave LASAGNA CAT a little payback for his actions last night, before heading into the breakroom. HANNIBAL was leaving as I went to talk to GORDON to get my key back, and to see what he needed me to do tonight. He gave me permission to enter his office and do something in there, so I went outside, where I suddenly started crying. I still went over to the offices, but what I was supposed to do doesn't matter, as the entire place was shut down by the health department. Great. It's fine. I ran back to the other building to let Gordon know, and then I...

You know what, no. It's NOT fine. Everyone is dying, I keep getting accused of murders I can't have possibly committed, we keep executing innocent people, and now I can't even help Gordon. I'm so sick of this! Everything really hit me at once, and I just dropped to the ground and started sobbing all over the floor. Gordon awkwardly left, and I don't blame him. I took off my cow costume and put on my "I HAVE GIVEN UP" shirt, and I was so mentally done that I forgot to put on pants. Don't look down there. I went upstairs after that, and I'll note now that I never stopped crying all night.

I walked into the laundry room, where I left a little proof I was in here. I figured the kill would happen in the other building so I stayed in this one, don't try me. I went into the pizza kitchen afterwards. LUTHIER was in here cooking, and I began making some sushi, with a little pastry on the side. While I was cooking, GUY FIERI came in to hover around the kitchen. Once I finished cooking, I realized that it was covered in my tears. I'm still crying right now. It's FINE. Both Luthier and Fieri ate some of it, which is mildly concerning, and me and Fieri went into the pool.

As I began screaming in the pain at the animals, THE GOOSE suddenly ran in and used a WHOLE SEVERED ARM to whack me and Fieri into the pool. He then began throwing all the pool furniture on top of us, as I just floated in there and cried. Eventually I got up, and left my mark in the sauna and the staff bathroom, before heading up to the staff roof to scream at the sky.

I climbed back down and went straight to the bar, where HANNIBAL showed up to serve me. I was entirely spent, and just began drinking. And drinking. And drinking. He eventually cut me off, and I drunkenly went back downstairs into my bed. I did not sleep. I cried all night long. I'm still crying right now. Given some of my actions before coming here, I don't think I really deserve happiness anyway...

Oh, and no one ever believes me, but I didn't attempt tonight. I can never cover my head again. If you want to test me, throw stuff on top of me tonight. Actually, no, please don't do that, it will literally kill me. You can still check me for anything otherwise because I have nothing to hide, and nothing to lose except for what's left of my dignity.
Immortal Tatsu
[Image: vkxPjDM.png?1]

Ain't one of you allowed in my house if we make it out of here. None of you are free of sin.

First thing I did after waking up was head to the Staff Kitchen to pick something up. Luthier and Lita were both coming in as I was leaving. I saw Draku as I went down to the Breakroom, minus one arm. I dunno whose thugs he pissed off, but I bet he'll think twice next time he thinks he doesn't gotta flush. Hopefully someone teaches that cosplayer a lesson about doing her business where she pleases next, otherwise I might start missing that Diona girl's drinks.

I went out to the entrance to the staff basement, passing by some sorta pizza knight as they went into the Breakroom. I wanted to explore the new area that Luthier unlocked yesterday, but I didn't realize the door would lock itself again. Rubber Duck was also lying by the ladder to the Chapel, knocked out but otherwise not in bad shape. Luckily I checked the Emergency Bunker and found a key to one of the lockers, so I headed to the Locker Room next and tried a couple lockers until I found an ID card along with somebody's name tag. Some "Jacinto Pereira" fellow. I'm pretty sure we came across his name before; probably some sucker who kicked the bucket in this place.

I returned to the locked door, and the ID card got me in so I started nosing around. There were six rooms in the new hallway, but three required an access level my card didn't have, and one had a regular ol' lock on it. Around this time I saw Lita wandering around down there too, but I dunno if she got there before or after me.

I was able to get into an unlocked room called the Research Archives that had a whole buncha info on these OCGA guys, and the final room had a card reader that actually took my card. It was some sorta Hypertech Kitchen, with a whole shitload of cooking equipment I've never seen in any catalogue. There was also a Paranormal Pantry in the back with all sorts of wacky goods. After I finished lookin' around I headed back out and noticed that the Duck was gone. Pretty morbid to know now that she was cookin' right above me, and not the way most of us are cookin' around here. I went to bed after that.
Lita
Knowing tonight was murder night and that I have not exactly made a lot of friends here, I left my room and headed to the Staff Kitchen to get some armor in the form of a pot that is still currently on my head. I passed Tatsu on my way in and saw Luthier making something or other while I was gearing up.

Now properly dressed for war, I left the Staff Kitchen and went downstairs and across to the Competition Kitchen. I saw the Pizza Knight and decided he had the right idea, pizza sounds pretty good. I opened an oven to make some but it was one of the goddamn cake traps and Gregg Wallace was there. I won't lie, I was terrified of getting Amsterdam'd so I used the Pizza Knight as a sacrifice to the Gregg God and shoved him into it and ran the fuck away.

From here I went outdoors and down into the basement -- I had a third key on my special lore-ring and wanted to try it out. On my way in I passed Rubber Duck's unconscious body (rip). Most of them had key cards and I saw Tatsu trying his keycard on a couple of them but I didn't have one and he handled that lore. Instead I found the Research Archives, with a ton of info on OCGA, and a room with a lot of hazardous cooking materials. Also a whole ass fucking airlock leading to a "Hazardous Kitchen", probably designed for cooking time dimensional recipes or whatever from the cookbooks in the library. Oh, and Luthier was there too doing basically what Tatsu and I were doing if I had to hazard a guess -- wandering aimlessly trying to find interesting stuff to report.

Not to repeat myself, but I left the same way I came and went back to the dorms. On my way back, I stopped by the pantry and grabbed some tasty popcorn to enjoy in bed. I also saw Gregg passed out in his cake oven, so I guess we now know who won that battle.