DAY 6 - Burning Night, Holy Night

Luthier
I feel I'm on the verge of a breakthrough with my research! I've finally made headway with these so-called spectral ingredients!

...Oh, the murders. I'll update you on those at a later point. For now, allow me to craft a short list of my basement perusings. By the by, I didn't run into any of my targets while I was alone tonight. The Goose, Angie, and Hannibal, the final one of which I did not see at all. Though I'm sure Chef Ramsay and Solus would have gotten a kick out of my attempts on the first two, correct?

Quote:* Past the Underground Passage, one of the doors is conventionally locked but impossible to pick, as the knob is electrified. The rest, I must say, are locked by other ID cards than the one I currently possess. No luck there.

* The center left door contains information on the OCGA's experiments and their recipe logs. In fact, that salsa with spiritual properties that I mentioned the other night -- it actually works! ...According to them, anyway.

* The upper right door unlocked through my ID card, and it is there that tonight's crown jewel resides: an "Ingredient Modification Facility"! It turns out it's possible to convert ordinary vegetables into their ectoplasmatized versions with these machines, and there's even a back room that allows you to do the reverse. For what reason, I'm not quite certain, but I suppose food supplies may have been in question for our OCGA friends.

* Later on, Gordon and I destroyed the brickwork to the south of the Set Utilities -- it leads into the hallway of the Set Basement. The rest of the Utilities are unremarkable.

* Lastly, the Cargo Lift extends down to the Basement. There is another ID card scanner near the lift door, as it were.
Angie Yonaga
"Wow, Angie's really impressed by the initiative! You just keep killing and killing and she doesn't have to lift a finger! But she did tonight.

The first thing Angie did was go outside, to commune with Atua. To her absolute delight, though, someone else wanted to speak about Atuaism! Willingly! How fantatic! Solus was not lying - he did indeed ask Angie to knock someone out and take an ID card. And she happily agreed! So she went to the Underground Passage and lurked there... and soon enough, Rubber Duck showed up! Angie knocked her out in a single blow, and lifted the card!

After that, she climbed out by the east exit, and got King Radical's body. Angie carried it up to the Skybridge, and she made some art! Ahhh, Angie's proud of it. It depicts a person reaching for Atua's light, even if they can't see it yet... Anyway! Once Angie was finished with her art, she went back down and found Solus. Angie and Solus went together into the basement! We found that Research Archive, and an Observation Room with a Testing Room. It looks like they did live experiments! And Gordon tried to say Angie was bad!

After that, Angie got ready to go back to bed, but Solus had something else he wanted to explore. So Angie went back on her own, climbing out the east side of the Staff Building, going into her dorm, and going back to bed!"
Gordon Ramsay
"Alright, from what everyone's saying, I think I figured out what the Basement looks like in full."

Spoiler:
Solus zos Galvus
How close together are the two bodies? Does it appear like Makoto was used to light Rubber Duck on fire?

How burned is the Chapel in general? Are there spread out scorch marks across the floor or just around the bodies?

Take a closer look at Makoto's face and throat. Does it look like she was strangled to death?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 2:55 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: How close together are the two bodies? Does it appear like Makoto was used to light Rubber Duck on fire?

How burned is the Chapel in general? Are there spread out scorch marks across the floor or just around the bodies?

Take a closer look at Makoto's face and throat. Does it look like she was strangled to death?
They're relatively separate, there's a sizable gap between them.

There's a slight trail of scorching around Makoto, that leads to a moderately sized scorch mark in the middle of the carpet. Beyond that, just around the bodies. Rubber Duck is pretty far from said scorch mark as well.

You wrap your hands around Makoto's throat. Nope, these are insanely different from strangle marks.
Solus zos Galvus
Light Diona on fire and put Hurderer in the oven. Which one looks closer to the burns on Rubber Duck?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 3:05 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Light Diona on fire and put Hurderer in the oven. Which one looks closer to the burns on Rubber Duck?
Diona. It looks about the same.
Draku
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Solus zos Galvus
Is there any sign of any accelerant used to burn Rubber Duck? Alcohol maybe?
Guy Fieri
The Empire has collapsed....time for some female intuition to solve this case!
For tonight! I am GAL FIERI (like Guy Fieri, but with more womanly charm~)

Unfortunately tonight was slow one for me, I looked to costumingto get my hair looking nice BUT like toast in a broken toaster it was all burnt up.... Though as they say 'We woman make due' and using my wits, charm, and a mop ...I doll myself up and head out!

Now as a 'Chef' you might be amazed to know I wanted to do some COOKING for the night, so I made my way to the Staff Kitchen for a little excitement. To my disappointment it's already in use and I watch Luthier and Tsumugi cooking up a storm.

Maybe it was the wig and the power of womanly empathy that filled my heart, but as I watched Tsumugi cry deeply into the sushi she was making I had a funny feeling she might have been sad for some reason...

Then again! She might have also been using her tears to act as the ultimate tool to make the FRESHEST SUSHI you might ever see. After all, what is the ocean if not salt and water.... much like tears!! Unfortunately this was NOT the case and it mostly tasted like watery sushi, but hey... that's life.

Leaving Luthier behind, Tsumgi and myself head to the pool. We enjoy a nice walk when BAM we are IN the POOL. Before I can see what is happening, pool furniture is thrown our direction.

Now that...was not ideal!

From here I head to bed with nothing but the cold wet mop wig of Gal Fieri to remember the night by...
Guy Fieri
You mention Makoto smells like oil - can we tell if it's more of a cooking oil, or like a flammable oil from the garage?

Then checking the busing on Makoto, can we tell if its more focused in the few areas (as if hit by an object), more general but organic looking (like a kick / punch if fighting back or something), or just overall general big bruise as if falling down something.
Lasagna Cat
[Image: fTi1M9J.png]

I didn't achieve much last night - I spent most of it trying to get the one-up on that hack Chef Ramsay. He's the reason we're stuck here, and the only thing standing between me and TV stardom, baby!

Anyway, I was rudely awakened this morning by a kick to the crotch. Perhaps it was a delayed case of the Mondays, or maybe it was Tsumugi who scurried away shortly after. Either way that took a bit out of me.

Anyway, I look around for Ramsay and see if I can introduce him to a little friend of mine, called a 'knife'. I pass by Solus in Broadcasting, who leaves as I enter. I then happen upon Gordon cooking in the cafeteria. I stake out the area a bit to make sure no one else is around, so I head down to the Competition Kitchen to retrieve another knife.

I then head back upstairs and that lawyer is there talking to him... what a buzzkill. That guy's more annoying than Nermal, and I don't say that lightly. I decide it's not worthwhile trying to kill Ramsay, so the next best thing is hurting his kitchen. I trek back to the kitchen, deposit the knife I had, and open up all the freezers. I'm then suddenly struck by a wave of creativity, and what's the best way to express that? Creating a spaghetti replica of Gregg Wallace, of course! It took me a while to create a perfect representation, but it was perfect. It was also the perfect platform to announce our GREGG WALLACE MAKE A GREGG WALLACE CAKE (GREGG WALLACE MUST PARTICIPATE) COMPETITION. Me and Gordon have had that one in the works for a long time! Hope to see you all there tomorrow - especially you, Jon!

After that I decide to check out the new basement that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Nobody else seems to be around. I head into the comms room and look round for some kind of tannoy, or at the very least some way of communicating with the bigwigs in charge of this whole kitchen nightmare. I send out the message anyway - that Gordon Ramsay’s dumb ass programme has been imminently cancelled due to an outbreak of unsolved murders, and is to be replaced immediately by Breakfast with Garfield, and that Gordon is to immediately hand his office over to me.

And they respond and give me their full approval! So, hey! @Gordon Ramsay. I'll be taking over my office now. Thanks.

Oh, after that I go through the secret passageway to the chapel. Just to, y'know, scope the area. And there I find a burnt Makoto and a burning Rubber Duck! What a horrid surprise. But I just kinda shrug it off and head to bed.

(Mar 18, 2022 at 9:36 PM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Disgrunted, I went to Broadcasting to once again put my dance moves on display, then headed off to the Library to research the OCGA, passing Lasagna Cat. Perhaps unsurprisingly, that foul feline almost surely attempted to kill me with a trap! As soon as I began browsing the shelves, one of them tipped over and almost crushed me! Thankfully, as you may have come to know, it will take much more than that to kill me with any sort of permanence, so I did not care.

[Image: ZWbr53C.png]

Huh? I didn't do that. I only tried to kill Gordon, and maaaaybe Makoto if I ran into her. But by the time I did, she was already dead! What a drag.
[Image: RvGUrtv.png]
Tributes to Jim Davis
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 5:40 AM)Solus zos Galvus Wrote: Is there any sign of any accelerant used to burn Rubber Duck? Alcohol maybe?
Doesn't seem like it.

(Mar 19, 2022 at 7:45 AM)Guy Fieri Wrote: You mention Makoto smells like oil - can we tell if it's more of a cooking oil, or like a flammable oil from the garage?

Then checking the busing on Makoto, can we tell if its more focused in the few areas (as if hit by an object), more general but organic looking (like a kick / punch if fighting back or something), or just overall general big bruise as if falling down something.
You bring out both cooking oil and garage oil. To your surprise, neither one matches Makoto.

The bruising on Makoto seems more like the second category than anything else.
Reeb
Crossposting from Discord to make sure things stay consolidated. Will delete if Luthier posts testimony personally later.

TESTIMONY FROM LUTHIER

equip gear
go to staff kitchen. tatsu leaves lita arrives
i make crepes
lita leaves after putting pot on her head
a lot later on tsumugi and guy fieri come in
tsumugi cooks while sobbing and fieri metaphorically does nothing but t pose
i eat tsumugis food it tastes of lysozyme
her and fieri leave to the north and i grab a knife
downstairs -> east -> basement
i cross the underground passage, rubber duck is unconscious at the foot of the stairs
I fuck around and find out in the set basement hallway but the one lock just shocks my knife and most others don't work with my card
Lita is wandering around the halls too
I check that recipe room shit that's open
Then I check that ingredient conversion room shit that I opened with my card
I leave for the tunnel again, solus and angie are loitering around, dubious little creatures that they are
Rubber duck is gone now
I go to the other building and call Gordon
We head down to minecraft the utilities brickwork and break a path into the full set basement
Afterward, we see the goose is unconscious at the set utilities entrance
We go to bed
Gordon Ramsay
"God damn. So several of you were after my fucking head? Fuckers. Bloody morons. Trust me, that's not a good idea.

Anyhow. Decided I'd just try and have a calm night. Got one of those forbidden actions, but I'm way beyond giving a shit.

I woke up and I met Hannibal, and he immediately decided to get my blood pressure up by asking me if he could go into my Office. No, of course he fucking couldn't, he's the one who killed someone there! Jesus! At least Tsumugi's still cooperative. It was annoying to learn my office was closed, but at least nobody else would be going in and wrecking it.

I just hope she stops crying soon.

After that, I went to the Cafeteria. Decided to cook for a while to get my mind off things. Goodman asked me about legal representation, and you know what? Yeah, I could probably use it. So I took him up on his offer. Lasagna Cat showed up during that, but just wandered through. Now, of course, I know he wanted to kill me. I should kick him down some bloody stairs.

Goodman took off after a while, and I just kept cooking, until Luthier called me on his walkie-talkie and told me he wanted my help with the basement. I joined him at the Kitchen Set, and we went downstairs to the Set Utilities. Finally got a good look at that place when I wasn't having to turn it all back on, and it turned out there was a bricked up doorframe in there.

So we tore it down. It leads into the rest of the basment. I'm wondering who bothered to hide all of that so effectively... anyway, after that, I saw the Goose unconscious by the door. And that was it."
Lita
This is a stupid idea, but does Makoto's body smell like fish oil...? Do they even make fish oil in accelerant form? I guess they would for KG.

Do the bruises look like Makoto was strangled or something before she died?
Gregg Wallace
[Image: xifO0c4.png]

After yesterday's shake-up, I'm more motivated than ever to keep myself healthy... and alive! But with a few tricks up my sleeve, and mates in all the right places, my work isn't exactly cut out for me if I want to make it through this Kitchen Getaway. Coming up...

[Image: cs1Gsvs.png]

"Mate, come look at this! Talk about a bun in the oven, wahey!"

I'm Gregg Wallace, and I've been busy working hard to impress world-famous chef Gordon Ramsay and celebrity taste tester Angie Yonaga, and getting to know all kinds of people from around the world. What did I get up to in this secluded canyon kitchen?

The stakes were high tonight... and I'm not talking about the ones I like medium rare! With two poor people surely to meet their end in this world, I wanted to ensure I wouldn't be a target to anyone. They say to be a truly good chef, surround yourself with your work. So that's just what I did! After a quick session refining my body even further, I crafted a new kind of oven. One that could fit a human inside. Don't tell Hannibal!

[Image: FXDXl5A.png]

"Hello viewers. Make sure you keep this a secret, but if you ever see an oven out in the open, it might just be me hiding inside. This portable prop should keep me safe from anyone with less than stellar morals. I'll see you on the other side."

So, Oven-Former: Greggs in disguise! What do you think? That rascal Lita had some thoughts as she watched me in the Competition Kitchen, but I didn't get the chance to hear her. You see, when a bloke like me suffers an attempt on his life, you know what we do? Seek revenge! I disengaged my new suit and made ground towards her, rolling pin at the ready. Unfortunately, she got the upper hand, throwing a strange pizza man at me.

My pin meets parmesan as I clobber the fella in the dough, and the recoil sends me back into the oven. No bother - I've got better things to do than eat the evidence of a crime!

[Image: PVnOpej.png]

"I'll tell you what, dear viewers. I really do think I'll be safe and sound in this cage of mine. Maybe I'll try and sell it as an OCGA product!"

Disguised and dormant, I make my way through this Kitchen Getaway, managing to feast my eyes on the Kitchen Set, Dining Room, Offices, and Cleaning Room - where that poor Mr Goodman was lying unconscious. Must have been another victim of that hound, Lita. Then, through the Infirmary, Garage, and Cafeteria, where I found no activity at all. Maybe the party's gone somewhere else?

[Image: Pl9QjyQ.png]

"Now, I'm heading out towards the Staff Building, as I haven't found much luck in the main set. I can't help but notice how much cleaner the whole establishment looks, though - if there's a cleaner around here, maybe I can get them to take a look at Lita's remains once I'm through with her, oi-oi!

...Hang on, is that a Goose?"

Now, I know I said I had committed to ridding the world of Lita. But I haven't experienced the pleasures of a tasty fillet of fish sautéed with goose fat in so long. With unstoppable hunger, I make my move, but am met with a hearty high five... in the noggin! That goose whacked me with the arm of the one and only Draku, and I was knocked out for the night. What a silly goose!

[Image: L5ypuYa.png]

"Until next time, chefs. I'll see you next week on..."

[Image: xztBq57.png]
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM)Lita Wrote: This is a stupid idea, but does Makoto's body smell like fish oil...? Do they even make fish oil in accelerant form? I guess they would for KG.

Do the bruises look like Makoto was strangled or something before she died?
Nope. In fact, the smell is way more present in the chapel than one corpse would provide.

Nah, definitely not strangled.
Lita
Okay... Huh.

I don't think anyone looked at the altar cloth yet, did they? Can we examine that? Does it reek of oil?
Gordon Ramsay
(Mar 19, 2022 at 3:16 PM)Lita Wrote: Okay... Huh.

I don't think anyone looked at the altar cloth yet, did they? Can we examine that? Does it reek of oil?
It does. Smells pretty strongly of it.