Charles Martinet stepping down from voicing Mario characters

T-man
(Oct 17, 2023 at 2:49 AM)Elyk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinAfghani/status/...0218181648
Many of his voice clips from Super Mario Bros. Wonder have been leaked from early copies and he sounds great. His Mario sounds a little off at first but he really captures the exuberance of the character, and his Luigi is pretty much spot on. I'm curious who's voicing Wario in the upcoming WarioWare game
Spritanium
They straight up just did a casting call in LA? For Mario and Luigi? How do you advertise for that role without a line around the block
Spritanium
I like the new voices. They kinda just sound like the Mario Bros. went through speech therapy
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Oct 17, 2023 at 4:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I like the new voices. They kinda just sound like the Mario Bros. went through speech therapy
mamma mia
Spritanium
Honestly I think 64 -> Sunshine was a bigger evolution of the voice compared to Odyssey -> Wonder

Now I'm wondering if this is even "the new Mario guy" or if the idea is more to just turn Mario into a Ronald McDonald type who can be performed by a lot of different actors.
Spritanium
OK I was joking before, but I'm pretty sure I can actually do a more accurate Mario voice than this

His little grunts and yippees are pretty much perfect, but when he actually starts talking it gets into "my friend who does a pretty good Mario voice" territory
Spritanium
But this is the guy, he actually did the thing. What a vulnerable moment to do such a necessarily-stupid performance. Get me in a vocal booth with 6 beers and I will be the next voice of Mario
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
"Mario number one!" *sobbing*