King Piranha Plant
The movie made Toad look haunted because the skin on his face had depth and his beady little eyes had like, shading and curvature around them

He was mostly stomachable but at least 10% had some Globglogabgalab shit going on
T-man
every mario movie design is like 10% uncanny, i dunno why miyamoto made it a point to say that this was the first time donkey kong had been redesigned since going 3D since he's not really that different, no more so than the other characters at least
[Image: 4069547-dk-front.jpg]
Spritanium
Man I remember when I thought they'd just use the official promo render models for the movie. I'm so glad they actually have film-specific designs, it makes it feel like a separate and slightly-different world from the games
[Image: supercorrect.png]
King Piranha Plant
the
d a r k
c i r c l e s
around
his
eyes

[Image: G80XPJf.jpg]

the
straight
perfect
r e t r a c t a b l e
t e e t h
Spritanium
D. K.
Donkey Kong
He hasn't slept in months
T-man
[Image: Adobe-20231001-143417.jpg]
neat
Yrrzy
(Oct 1, 2023 at 6:35 PM)T-man Wrote: [Image: Adobe-20231001-143417.jpg]
neat

I'd fug it
Spritanium
I like how they finally figured out how to go "off-model" in 3D, but I wish it looked even crazier. I'd love if he went full dot-eyes during this
T-man
game good funny elephant :)
Spritanium
I'm the guy who still buys cartridges so I have to wait for it to show up
T-man
Completed World 1 then turned on the Online Ghosts thing and replayed a couple levels with randoms, it's just as delightful as I thought it would be. I've been a big fan of these online interactions with limited communication since playing games like Journey on PS3. It's just neat seeing people wait at checkpoints for other players to catch up and revive them when the die, very pleasant vibes.
Two_Finger
(Oct 20, 2023 at 9:21 PM)T-man Wrote: Completed World 1 then turned on the Online Ghosts thing and replayed a couple levels with randoms, it's just as delightful as I thought it would be. I've been a big fan of these online interactions with limited communication since playing games like Journey on PS3. It's just neat seeing people wait at checkpoints for other players to catch up and revive them when the die, very pleasant vibes.

You would love the first Strand type game, Death Stranding! Give it a try!
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]
Spritanium
Luigi's new voice actor is doing a great job

[Image: Johnny-5.jpg]
T-man
dude was 100% hired for his wahoos and yippees which are pretty much perfect, anything more subdued sounds weird as hell

im sure he'll settle into the roles quite nicely with a few more games under his belt
Elyk
I'm enjoying it so far. The search party levels are godawful though.

Also I agree the normal wahoos sound okay but anything past that is a bad impression.
Spritanium
(Oct 21, 2023 at 2:26 PM)T-man Wrote: dude was 100% hired for his wahoos and yippees which are pretty much perfect, anything more subdued sounds weird as hell

im sure he'll settle into the roles quite nicely with a few more games under his belt

There's one particular "All right!" reading where he straight up just sounds like a regular guy shouting with no accent. It makes me laugh so hard whenever that one plays because it just sounds like it's not Luigi all of a sudden
T-man
I love this guy

[Image: 20231021-152533.jpg]

Favorite new enemy so far mechanically
King Piranha Plant
You guys were right about Wonder I'm really digging it, only one world in so far though. Was a little let down by the boring Bowser Jr. at the end of the first castle, but the absurd "cloud piranhas" around "CASTLE bowser" kinda made up for it

So far this feels like the first Mario 2D sidescroller (not counting 3D World or anything like that) in like, over a decade or more, that actually recaptures some of that SMW-era unpredictability and creative fun
Yrrzy
it sounds like the kind of mario game i wanted nintendo to be making when i played mario games
T-man
was surprised to hear the secret course music from sunshine in a bonus level in the desert world