Morgan
Gus, we haven't... met before? Have we?

Regardless, I think I'd like to check out the Archaeologist's Office. Plenty of fun to be had in there.
I'll show you a real dance....
DxHustler3000
Hold on. I have some competent advice stockpiled for this kind of situation.

[Image: 1pjmbnA.png]

[Image: o3d5HPz.png]

... To be clear, I already remembered this, but I take pride in my work. I am a good artist.

Recall what I said about freely distributing business tips. The most strategic action I can take is working to inspire the best business mindsets from all of you, here. And some of you, I trust, will grow into the greatest traders this side of the equator. It will take time, and demand much from you. But I believe in all of you, by necessity, and will guide you through your hero's journey. You will have big wins.

As per my advice, I wish to visit the Climate Control room and investigate exactly what kind of environments it can conjure. This will be important later.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Riki
(Dec 12, 2023 at 12:11 AM)Chibi Ruby Rose Wrote: Aggressively shake hands with everyone here.

!
Hom Hom said name was Ruby? Meet Riki!

Riki is Legendary Heropon from Frontier Village, big big tree full of Nopon and pollen. Heropon chosen by village chief every year!
Riki happy happy to shake hands! Meet new Hom Hom friends, make Bureau better place, solve mysteries around facility together! Riki sees lots of Hom Homs around Bureau, and very nice Mechon... Riki surprised Spooks friend to Hom Homs. Usually cause bad things to Hom Homs, Nopon, and Bird People where Riki from. Riki will need to tell friends all about Astrid, Spooks, and Gusgus when back home!

Astrid and Spooks so close, make Riki remember mamapon and littlepon! When littlepon eat many pollen cakes and Riki have to pay village chief, wifeypon say things like "Oka figure out how to ditch Riki" too, because Heropon good hero, but not as good a hubbypon as should be. Must go on masked Hom Hom's Heropon's Journey to manage debts...

But, now Facility Grounds open. Looots of fresh air all around Bureau, like Heropon hometown. Riki really want to see Cafeteria while Hom Homs check pretty Arboretum and Botany Lab! Heropon knows that trees and flowers in Hom Hom building, so need to see if pollen wheel nearby to make Riki yum yum snacks. Gusgus no worry - once Riki full, gunshots not scary at all! Bounce right off Riki fur, absorb like ether!

(Riki remember Bird People different on Bionis. Bird People here nothing like Hom Hom and Bird Lady Melly... Goose more like Dinobeast...)
Roxie Richter
I'd like to check out the dorms themselves if we can. What are they like? What do they come with? How big are they? Am I gonna have a roommate?
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Momoyo Himemushi
Huh. I like this guy's style. Hey Gus, you want a rock? Baked it fresh this morning. Tasty stuff.

Lemme see that Decontamination. Cleaning is nice.
Tinkaton
After seeing that no one appears to have checked it yet, Tinkaton decides to go to the Chem Lab.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
bro any dorm is fine as long as I can raid idc gotta keep those fflogs up you know what I mean

(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:59 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: The Mine Shaft, Boathouse, and Mirror Lake are all marked with purple just like the Black Forest. Is it safe to assume they're also off limits for now?

ayo nice 14 cosplay you a pentalegend too?
Giffany
Hello, Mr. Gus! I like your mustache! I think it suits you! How long have you been the janitor here? Is it a fun job? I have heard that custodial tasks can be... Taxing. Would you like to take a break and walk by the fountain together sometime?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Okay, now it's time to check out the Observatory!
You head up the small mountain path to the Observatory. Opening the door to the small building, you notice a large telescope protruding out the side, pointed skyward. It's a bit too bright out to use right now though, still being daytime.

The building itself contains a couple desks and shelves, as well as the viewing end of the telescope. The desks and shelves are covered in star charts, and photos of various celestial bodies.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

...Can you leave those alone, please? They're kind of important...

(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:31 AM)Pea Wrote: Mind if I check out the Arboretum?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:39 AM)Columbo Wrote: Hey, Spooks, what's with that room to the left of the Arboretum there? Your map doesn't show any entrances, so I thought I should ask. No point in a room if you can't get in it.
You walk into the Arboretum. It appears to be a spacious greenhouse with a variety of plants both familiar and unfamiliar. There is an earthy smell in the air. You see three doors inside, two to the south and one to the west.

Collumbo notices that the western door seems to align with the mystery room and goes to investigate, only to be yanked back by Spooks as thrashing, thorny vines erupt from the ground to cover the door, preventing access.

[Image: plantdoor_s9iu4o.png]

[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

!RESTRICTED AREA! - ALL ROOM DATA EXPUNGED.

ACCESS FORBIDDEN BY EXECUTIVE ORDER FROM THE DIRECTOR. DO NOT ENTER.

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

So don't go in there, okay?
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:59 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: The Mine Shaft, Boathouse, and Mirror Lake are all marked with purple just like the Black Forest. Is it safe to assume they're also off limits for now?

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

That Mineshaft is over 100 years old, it is advisable to avoid it, as it has been out of service for almost as long.

While it is occasionally used for Bureau activities, entrance is prohibited without proper precautions and completion of Training Module 33-A (Safely Spelunking).

[Image: gus1_drntma.png]

As for the ol' boathouse... Thing's locked up tighter than some o' these Anomaly things are. None o' these new-fangled 'access levels' either. Regular key, regular lock. Don't even have the key on my own keyring, either. Haven't been in there myself.

[Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

Can't imagine how dusty it's gettin', sittin' all abandoned... Still, you can talk a walk 'round the outside if you want. On the lakeshore too. Ain't nothing stoppin' that.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM)Chibi Ruby Rose Wrote: Let's see the Botany Lab! Botany sure is a funny word, isn't it?
You suppose that Botany is a funny word, and walk into the Botany Lab while some others are distracted by the Arboretum.

It is not as fun as the name would suggest. There is more plant life growing in here, along with many soil samples and some supplies of seeds. There also appears to be some strange equipment, that looks like it is meant to genetically engineer plants. Maybe you can grow your own?
Izumi Konata
(Dec 12, 2023 at 3:41 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Okay, now it's time to check out the Observatory!
You head up the small mountain path to the Observatory. Opening the door to the small building, you notice a large telescope protruding out the side, pointed skyward. It's a bit too bright out to use right now though, still being daytime.

The building itself contains a couple desks and shelves, as well as the viewing end of the telescope. The desks and shelves are covered in star charts, and photos of various celestial bodies.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

...Can you leave those alone, please? They're kind of important...

Yep, no touching here, don't worry! Just wanted to look around. Stars are fun.
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: Gus, we haven't... met before? Have we?

Regardless, I think I'd like to check out the Archaeologist's Office. Plenty of fun to be had in there.
[Image: gus3_l1fd8d.png]

Hm? Don't think so. I reckon I'd remember a sharp dressed young man like yourself, ho ho.

You shrug. Must be thinking of a different guy, maybe. Oh well. On to the Archaeologist's Office.

The office is relatively large, and mostly taken up by a big desk. There's a computer at the desk, and it looks like there's a couple drawers full of files. Similar to the Museum Hall, the walls are covered with various artifacts and articles.

There is a fossil sitting on the desk, half of it still encased in stone. A small pick and chisel nearby the computer indicate that someone was probably working with it.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 10:24 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: Hold on. I have some competent advice stockpiled for this kind of situation.

[Image: 1pjmbnA.png]

[Image: o3d5HPz.png]

... To be clear, I already remembered this, but I take pride in my work. I am a good artist.

Recall what I said about freely distributing business tips. The most strategic action I can take is working to inspire the best business mindsets from all of you, here. And some of you, I trust, will grow into the greatest traders this side of the equator. It will take time, and demand much from you. But I believe in all of you, by necessity, and will guide you through your hero's journey. You will have big wins.

As per my advice, I wish to visit the Climate Control room and investigate exactly what kind of environments it can conjure. This will be important later.

[Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

Yeah, yeah, you can look at th' Climate Controls. Just quit yer blabbin', would you? Got no patience for salesman talk.

You take a look into the Climate Controls. If you were expecting some kind of weather machine, you would be mostly disappointed. It looks like it controls the temperature of the Arboretum, as well as the irrigation.

Seems like you can crank the heat up to near boiling, or dangerously freezing. Looks like a way to test the durability of plants in various environments. Right now, it is vaguely hot and humid.

You can turn on the water systems for the Arboretum in here too, and it looks like there are small tanks where you can add pesticides, fertilizer, and herbicides respectively to be dispensed with the water. The sprinklers seem to simulate rain, not being particularly high powered.
Columbo
Oh, pardon me, ain't I a careless one. Thanks for the rescue, Spooks. Sure as hell makes somebody curious what might be behind that door, though...

Let's not worry 'bout that though. Was that 4119? Otherwise, I better go find that one. Might as well go down the list too, lets see here... 3999, 1650, and- oh, that's a red fella right there. Mind keeping me safe while I see what's up with 1011, Spooks?
Momoyo Himemushi
Adjust one of the star charts by an imperceptible amount.
Nashu Mhakaracca
Could we check out the Geology Lab? There must be all kinds of shiny rocks in there! Better keep the spriggans away.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 11:08 AM)Riki Wrote:

[Image: happy.png]

Cor! What a funny-looking moogle! Pleased to meet you, kupo. Did I say that right?

(Dec 12, 2023 at 2:27 PM)Walmart John Finalfantasy14 Wrote: ayo nice 14 cosplay you a pentalegend too?

[Image: confused.png]

Pent-up...edger? I think you should keep that kind of thing to yourself.
Izumi Konata
I'll go and check out the geology lab now
Lita
I'd like to take a walk along the shores of lovely Mirror Lake and the Boathouse. Look inside, see if I can spot anything or find anything, you know.
Alan Wake
I think I'll pass on looking at the lake, personally.

I'd like to go take a look at the Cafeteria, however.
DxHustler3000
(Dec 12, 2023 at 5:28 PM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

Yeah, yeah, you can look at th' Climate Controls. Just quit yer blabbin', would you? Got no patience for salesman talk.

[Image: 4ifw6Qy.png]

...Whatever, laborer. I can see your worth for what it is - you seem keenly familiar with the site and her resources. This will be useful. All of my instincts are telling me to sniff out rare luxury truffles in the nearby woods, so I ask you - do you know what occupies the forest? Are they of sound mind? Can they be reasoned with, or emotionally manipulated?
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 11:08 AM)Riki Wrote: But, now Facility Grounds open. Looots of fresh air all around Bureau, like Heropon hometown. Riki really want to see Cafeteria while Hom Homs check pretty Arboretum and Botany Lab! Heropon knows that trees and flowers in Hom Hom building, so need to see if pollen wheel nearby to make Riki yum yum snacks. Gusgus no worry - once Riki full, gunshots not scary at all! Bounce right off Riki fur, absorb like ether!
You decide to head out to the Cafeteria, seeing as you are a slowpon and others have already given the other two areas a once-over. Unfortunately, you're met with a relatively ordinary workplace cafeteria, with a few tables and a buffet-style counter with a couple dishes sitting in trays - soups, sandwiches, roast potatoes, and some meats. Definitely not anything close to a pollen wheel, whatever that is.

You can also see into the bathrooms, but what you seek is definitely not going to be in there.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 11:38 AM)Roxie Richter Wrote: I'd like to check out the dorms themselves if we can. What are they like? What do they come with? How big are they? Am I gonna have a roommate?
You walk into the Survey Team dorms. It's a well-kept dormitory, with several small one-person rooms, each one presumably housing a resident. You won't be sharing a room, at least, even if you have to share the building.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 1:17 PM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: Huh. I like this guy's style. Hey Gus, you want a rock? Baked it fresh this morning. Tasty stuff.

Lemme see that Decontamination. Cleaning is nice.
[Image: gus3_l1fd8d.png]

Nope. Can't say I do.

Rather than cope with his rather blunt refusal, you head in to Decontamination. The room seems to have a few shower heads fixed to the walls, a touch panel beneath them. You touch the panel, and a strange mist begins to seep from the showerheads. You panic momentarily, expecting to have accidentally gassed yourself, but you find yourself instead suddenly perfectly cleaned.

Text on the panel you touched now reads "Decontamination Complete. Usage logged." Huh.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 3:38 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Mr. Gus! I like your mustache! I think it suits you! How long have you been the janitor here? Is it a fun job? I have heard that custodial tasks can be... Taxing. Would you like to take a break and walk by the fountain together sometime?
[Image: gus5_gfx2ro.png]

Ho ho, why thank you, young lady. It is a nice mustache, isn't it?

[Image: gus4_rdoemj.png]

I've been workin' here for... a couple 'a years now. Their old custodian, heard he fell in the lake. Real shame, that. When the opportunity came though, I just felt like I couldn't pass it up. It's a good job, far as they come though. I like workin' with my hands, and the pay is good enough to keep me comin' back for more, even with all these lab coats runnin' around talkin' their nonsense.

[Image: gus1_drntma.png]

There's no time for breaks though, ho ho. Always work to do 'round here. Besides, the Fountain's in a poor state anyway, I reckon.