Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 5:41 PM)Columbo Wrote: Oh, pardon me, ain't I a careless one. Thanks for the rescue, Spooks. Sure as hell makes somebody curious what might be behind that door, though...

Let's not worry 'bout that though. Was that 4119? Otherwise, I better go find that one. Might as well go down the list too, lets see here... 3999, 1650, and- oh, that's a red fella right there. Mind keeping me safe while I see what's up with 1011, Spooks?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

I am happy to be of assistance. Please rate my services from one-to-five stars at the next available moment, and let me know how your experience could be improved!

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

And you are correct. That was BPI-4119, designated name "Wall of Thorns". While not actively aggressive, it is very prone to causing environmental damage. Please be cautious.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

It's something they made in the Botany Lab.

There's not a whole lot of "artificial anomalies" out there, but they exist. More now than ever, as more people start to look into what makes them tick. I think that kind of thing defeats the entire point though.

Code:
BPI-4119 [Wall of Thorns]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: YELLOW]
[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

You head into the Auxiliary Building after that, and walk into that little hallway in the back. You squint, reading the label on 3999's door. That number... that sounds familiar, doesn't it? You've already seen it, right?

Inside the Containment Room, appears to be a set of three podiums, each displaying the same thing as the Anomalies in the Anomaly Hall back inside the main building. The VHS Receiver, the Bloody Face, and the One-Way Cloak.

Huh, well fancy that. Just a duplicate of the other ones, some normal anomalies.

Code:
BPI-3999 [Normal Anomalies]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]
[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

You move onto the containment room next door, peering through the small glass window to see what's in 1650. A large plant sits inside, motionless. It looks to resemble a Venus Flytrap, though it is several feet tall, with a maw big enough to snap your leg, if it really tried.

It doesn't look like it's trying though. It isn't doing much of anything.

Code:
BPI-1650[Venus Guy-Trap]
[ACCESS LEVEL: III]
[THREAT LEVEL: YELLOW]
[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

(Dec 12, 2023 at 7:29 PM)Lita Wrote: I'd like to take a walk along the shores of lovely Mirror Lake and the Boathouse. Look inside, see if I can spot anything or find anything, you know.

You take a walk along the shores of Mirror Lake, accompanied by Columbo, who seems like he has an ulterior motive for being here.

[Image: lakeside_q275p5.png]

In front of you sits a small dock with a single motorboat floating nearby, idly bobbing in the water. You squint out onto the lake, and notice an island in the distance, with some kind of small building on it. A radio tower blinks red, somewhere out on the mountains. You turn your attention to the boathouse itself as Columbo and Spooks head over to a strange terminal sticking out of the ground near the dock.

Spooks stands watch while Columbo examines the terminal.

Code:
BPI-1011[Thousand Tendrils]
[ACCESS LEVEL: ?]
[THREAT LEVEL: RED]
[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

Meanwhile, you look at the boathouse. The building is wooden, and looks kind of old. It's locked with a regular key, just like the custodian said. The windows are covered in a layer of dust, but a faint light flickers through. You can't see anything else though.

You notice Columbo still staring out at the lake as you leave, his keen eyes detecting a white glow in the depths of the lake for an instant, before it fades away.
Revy
Thousand tendrils....huh, I wonder. Maybe if I were to throw some random Library book into the lake...
Dodo
(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: Gus, we haven't... met before? Have we?

[Image: 032ea0f8568df5f55c67341b673c83950bfe8396.gifv]

[Image: 42534bd98fd632ec10dcc10bbf084cc9f5a21350.pnj]

" ... "

(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: It is not as fun as the name would suggest. There is more plant life growing in here, along with many soil samples and some supplies of seeds. There also appears to be some strange equipment, that looks like it is meant to genetically engineer plants. Maybe you can grow your own?

Dodo decides to steer clear of the botany lab for now. The accidental creation of a bird-plant hybrid would benefit no one.
Pea
(Dec 13, 2023 at 1:41 AM)Revy Wrote: Thousand tendrils....huh, I wonder. Maybe if I were to throw some random Library book into the lake...

throw the mario sketch instead
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 4:25 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 3:41 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 8:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Okay, now it's time to check out the Observatory!
You head up the small mountain path to the Observatory. Opening the door to the small building, you notice a large telescope protruding out the side, pointed skyward. It's a bit too bright out to use right now though, still being daytime.

The building itself contains a couple desks and shelves, as well as the viewing end of the telescope. The desks and shelves are covered in star charts, and photos of various celestial bodies.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

...Can you leave those alone, please? They're kind of important...

Yep, no touching here, don't worry! Just wanted to look around. Stars are fun.

[Image: aw_uiy7ny.png]

Heh... For once, I agree.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 11:29 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 5:28 PM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

Yeah, yeah, you can look at th' Climate Controls. Just quit yer blabbin', would you? Got no patience for salesman talk.

[Image: 4ifw6Qy.png]

...Whatever, laborer. I can see your worth for what it is - you seem keenly familiar with the site and her resources. This will be useful. All of my instincts are telling me to sniff out rare luxury truffles in the nearby woods, so I ask you - do you know what occupies the forest? Are they of sound mind? Can they be reasoned with, or emotionally manipulated?

[Image: gus2_odqrpr.png]

Hmph. At least someone does, I 'spose.

Truffles though... You lost yer mind? What are ya under that mask, a damned hog? You ain't gonna find no truffles out in those woods. They're deep. Real dark, too. Don't rightly know what you're gonna find in there, only that you ain't gonna like it. Couple o' researchers, they could navigate it just fine. Must be some kinda trick to it.

[Image: gus4_rdoemj.png]

Outside o' them, can't say I know if anythin's living in those woods. I've seen somethin' in there though, a few times. Movin' around. Might just be an animal, though. Bear, maybe...
Dodo
(Dec 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM)Pea Wrote: throw the mario sketch instead

[Image: d1a73b64e90a6db9af50c1aa290245c7f12b0934.gifv]

This course of action is inadvisable.
Spooks?
(Dec 13, 2023 at 1:41 AM)Revy Wrote: Thousand tendrils....huh, I wonder. Maybe if I were to throw some random Library book into the lake...
You pick up a random book from the Library. Hm, it's titled Departure.

You toss it into the lake. It hits the surface with a blunt plunk, and floats there for a short time before sinking beneath the gentle waves.

You watch the lake carefully. You see a white glow deep beneath the waves, something undulating. The glow vanishes as soon as it began.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 3:15 AM)Dodo Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: Gus, we haven't... met before? Have we?

[Image: 032ea0f8568df5f55c67341b673c83950bfe8396.gifv]

[Image: 42534bd98fd632ec10dcc10bbf084cc9f5a21350.pnj]

" ... "

(Dec 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: It is not as fun as the name would suggest. There is more plant life growing in here, along with many soil samples and some supplies of seeds. There also appears to be some strange equipment, that looks like it is meant to genetically engineer plants. Maybe you can grow your own?

Dodo decides to steer clear of the botany lab for now. The accidental creation of a bird-plant hybrid would benefit no one.

[Image: gus3_l1fd8d.png]

Ho ho, quite the artist, aren't ya? Think you've got the wrong mustache though, turkey. I ain't much for jumpin'...

[Image: gus1_drntma.png]

...Hurts my back.

(Dec 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM)Pea Wrote:

You snatch the Mario Sketch, and toss it into the lake. SImilarly to the book, it slowly sinks beneath the waves.

You see more undulations, the white glow returning briefly before vanishing again. You just ruined this guy's sketchbook, for no reason.
Columbo
You boys might want to try some kind of meat. Might be more appetizing if you're looking for a show.
(Dec 13, 2023 at 1:25 AM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

I am happy to be of assistance. Please rate my services from one-to-five stars at the next available moment, and let me know how your experience could be improved!
Is that one of those things where anything less than a five is treated like a one? Ah, we'll just say five, considerin' nobody's gotten hurt yet.
Indiana Jones (Old)
I wish to speak to the fishmen within the lake.
Dodo
(Dec 12, 2023 at 4:14 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM)Pea Wrote:

You snatch the Mario Sketch, and toss it into the lake. SImilarly to the book, it slowly sinks beneath the waves.

You see more undulations, the white glow returning briefly before vanishing again. You just ruined this guy's sketchbook, for no reason.

[Image: 8beb13e714be469c05c64bd0d483da29a5fc07bd.gifv]

On that day it became clear.

Dodo and Pea...
Neither of them would be able to escape this mission while the other lives.
Alan Wake
(Dec 13, 2023 at 3:59 AM)Monokuma Wrote:
You pick up a random book from the Library. Hm, it's titled Departure.

You toss it into the lake. It hits the surface with a blunt plunk, and floats there for a short time before sinking beneath the gentle waves.

You watch the lake carefully. You see a white glow deep beneath the waves, something undulating. The glow vanishes as soon as it began.

[Image: NFG4R2n.png]
Goose
(Dec 12, 2023 at 7:48 AM)Dodo Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2023 at 5:20 AM)Goose Wrote: honk.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

" ! "
[Image: ik6gZl5.jpeg]
Spooks?
(Dec 12, 2023 at 6:26 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Could we check out the Geology Lab? There must be all kinds of shiny rocks in there! Better keep the spriggans away.
(Dec 12, 2023 at 7:16 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I'll go and check out the geology lab now
You head into the Geology Lab. You expected it to be dirtier, considering the subject matter, but it is a fairly clean room, with several rock and crystal samples neatly categorized. Each workstation has a couple tools, such as hammers and drills.

(Dec 12, 2023 at 1:27 PM)Tinkaton Wrote: After seeing that no one appears to have checked it yet, Tinkaton decides to go to the Chem Lab.
You check out the Chem Lab.. Similar to the other labs so far, it is well-organized, though this time it seems to contain all sorts of chemicals, both hazardous or not. You could probably mix all sorts of wacky things in here, if you had the time and a recipe. There is a secondary room in the corner, which appears to be locked to Access Level IV. It is covered in radiation stickers.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

It appears as though this floor has been sufficiently surveyed. Please continue underground via the nearby staircase. Thank you!

[Image: B1F_pchlfk.png]

You can now explore B1F - Underground Facility.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: test2_dt2y6r.png]

room descriptions:

Dodo
(Dec 13, 2023 at 5:19 AM)Goose Wrote:
[Image: ik6gZl5.jpeg]

[Image: 4457cf71d4426895377ea07b18f31fdb1f6914cf.gifv]
Chibi Ruby Rose
What's in the Break Room? And is there anything to eat or drink in there??
Revy
[Image: image.png?ex=658bcc59&is=65795759&hm=3a5...height=490]

An armory, you say....You can't even imagine how sloppy the head I would give to the man who came up with an idea as genius as a room of nothing but pure gun would be. Fuckin' A.

I think I'll go and mosey on over there.
Columbo
Something wrong with the Service Elevator?
And of course, there's that locked door in Station 2.
Dodo
Upon reading the word "Counter-Terrorism", vivid memories begin flooding into Dodo's mind... From apathetic receptionists demanding convoluted paperwork to irate store clerks turning people away at check-out for being two cents short... Counters were foul places, and those occupying the space behind them their cruel masters.

It may be a good idea to get oneself acquainted, before terror begets error.
Alan Wake
The basement - the writer's best friend, whether that be the lair of some sadistic serial killer chaining their victims up to bleed them dry, the illegal meth lab ran by an illicit crime syndicate, or the entrance to some monstrous cryptid's nest.

A common plot element in any story - and one that I had used on occasion in writing for Night Springs. I found myself considering the possibilities of what we would find down here, as we descended the stairs.

I'm going to head straight to the Facility Lobby - perhaps someone there can tell us about the gunshots Gus spoke of.
Morgan
I've been meaning to check out the Holding Cell. Could be useful later on.
I'll show you a real dance....