Columbo
Real quick, does a pickaxe match the wound? Not my first thought for tearin', but the chief's a stickler for this kind of stuff.
Dodo
(Jan 3, 2024 at 6:43 AM)Monokuma Wrote: You present the Geology Memo

Quote:ATTENTION:

Samples 9-C, 4-S, and 2-B have been transported to the ______ ___ for further analysis and ________ readings.

If determined to be successful candidates for [REDACTED], samples will not be returned. Please adjust inventory accordingly.

You are doing good work

I would like to examine this note, specifically the inconsistent censoring. Why are some of the words blanked, but others REDACTED? What is the nature of the censoring? Are the blanks typed out in the document, or scribbled out, or torn off, or anything? Or is it wear and tear from age?
Izumi Konata
Hey, Dr Lyra, or Spooks, or anyone else that might know. Is the Sleep Lab supposed to change to weird libraries or whatever when someone sleeps in it?
Columbo
One more thing, I'd like to look around the Locker Rooms and Break Room. Hunting for any sort of tool or utensil that might match the wound, or any general disturbances.
And, how easy would it be to hide on those stairs?
Pea
I think we could ask some of the staff here for some help. Nancy, 23, mind telling us how your night's been? No suspicions, it's just that both of you are the most involved in this situation, as far as I know.
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 7:39 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Maybe checking out the Geology lab or Archeologist Office for any tools that might fit the puncture wound?
The Geology Lab has some tweezers that kind of similar. A different sort than the Bathroom tweezers tested with earlier. They seem a bit too big in comparison though. The closest thing the Archaeologist's Office would have is a staple puller from his desk, but the puncture would have be distinct were that the case.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 2:23 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: ...Anyway, I'd like to inspect the Armory, Dispatch, and underground Bathrooms for clues.
You investigate the Armory first, and notice a surprising amount of missing guns. Lots of shotguns, a riot shield, and many bulletproof vests are missing from here. There's also a missing handgun, AK-47, and some kind of energy rifle.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 4:37 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: I would like to just investigate the Leisure Center in general. There's no signs of a struggle but does any of the equipment seem burnt? Do any parts of the floor seem burnt? Is there any blood or anything else over the floor?
None of the equipment seems to be burnt at all. There are burn marks on the stairs coming down, and underneath the blood pool at the bottom of the stairs however. The only blood in the Leisure Center itself is a trail leading from the stairway pool to the bench press, and a small amount around the body itself. You notice as well that it appears an equipment storage locker has been rummaged through.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 4:42 PM)Columbo Wrote: Better get the silly sounding questions out of the way. There a trail of soot, or other burnt stuff, from the Patio to the Staircase? We can double check around those areas for any other similar trails.
That hole in Gus' neck, it's not from some kind of bird, is it? For the sake of example, Dodo's beak. If he don't wanna showcase, we can just speculate, of course. He'd look real silly with blood all over his beak, anyway. Actually, we'll look into teeth in general, just to be thorough.
Oh, and check the Leisure Center for tweezers. The pool and its intake filters, maybe? The trash? Quick look around the stairs for any weapons, 'specially under the stairs, and check Gus' pockets for anything fishy.
(Jan 3, 2024 at 4:43 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: Compare the Dodo's... beak tips(?) to the jugular wound.
You get down to business, walking from the Patio downstairs and examining the trails left behind. It appears that an oily, stained soot trail starts at the top of the staircase, where some remains of burned plant matter sit as well. It descends down the stairs and ends at the bottom, where the large pool of blood is.

You look at Dodo, then the hole on the victim's throat. You then turn to look at Dr. Niles Crane as he searches the Leisure Center. You look back at the victim's throat. You feel real silly even thinking of making this comparison. Dodo beak or regular teeth, neither one would even come close on the best of days.

You decide to sift through the pool filter and the trash, looking around the Leisure Center in general. Doesn't look like there's any tweezers in plain sight, or in any of those places. Nothing under the stairs either. Checking Gus' pockets reveals... a stick of gum and his pocket knife. His own pocket knife does not match the wound, before you ask.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 4:58 PM)Lita Wrote: Investigate the area around where the body was found specifically, is there anything other than uh, blood?
There is nothing of note around where the body was found.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 5:09 PM)Dodo Wrote: I'll also show the note I found near the chapel.
You fish the strange note out, and show it to the other investigators.

][Image: fwAU2N9.png]
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Sorry for the late testimony guys you know how it is being a hardcore raider and all. Busy busy busy. I don't think there's gonna be much useful for this whole dead janitor situation, but then again he was working what appears to be the most dangerous profession in the world from what I hear. Idk about that tho' lol he should try being an ultimate raider.

Anyways I woke up in my room in the History dorms and headed out to the Meeting Room to check for a computer. Raider's gotta raid you know how it is. I found a laptop in the meeting room and managed to get logged in cause some absolute noob left the password written on the bottom of the damn thing. Nice. Tried installing the greatest game of all time and of course my life is great I got hit with a nice giant [ERROR: CONNECTION BLOCKED BY FIREWALL] I love it here kill me. Now I'm sad. Stupid firewall. I decide to leave as Ciel enters.

May as well try to keep myself entertained, I head to the library to find a book on... I dunno "how to disable firewalls" or "how to have fun in a world without FFXIV" or something. Maybe something on those anomalies we've got hanging about. I remember playing a couple games with anomalies. Super fun, but if it's anything like those then I definitely would like to know what's lurking around sooner rather than later. I walk in and see Astrid. We chat for a bit, I bring up FFXIV because everyone should play it, but she hasn't before. Sadge. While we're talking I look through the books and find a few about anomalies that might be interesting. I grab them and leave the library as Columbo enters.

I then wanted to hit the chapel to pray to our lord and savior Yoshi P for continued good parses and no nerfs to my jobs. I headed there through the museum hall and on my way I found Spooks. I stopped to chat with the little mobile computer for a bit and asked if I could run FFXIV on his face. Apparently that's also not going to happen but hey at least it was due to a technical reason, not just a denial. I've got a sympathetic homie out here at least, you a real one Spooks. I continued onto the Chapel and begin my prayers to almighty Yoshi P when some yelling outside starts up and interrupts me. No one has any respect around here smh. I grab my books and sit down to read them before deciding to head to bed, crossing the Lobby and returning to the History dorms to go to bedge.

And that's about it. Play FFXIV thanks. Just don't shit up my roulette queues by being a noob I don't want to stay in there long just go fast wall to wall everything and speedkill bosses thanks.
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 5:15 PM)Columbo Wrote: Real quick, does a pickaxe match the wound? Not my first thought for tearin', but the chief's a stickler for this kind of stuff.
You grab a pickaxe from the Geology Lab. Oh god, not even close. A pickaxe would have done far more damage to his throat than the current wound. A full force swing could almost decapitate the guy.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 5:43 PM)Dodo Wrote:
(Jan 3, 2024 at 6:43 AM)Monokuma Wrote: You present the Geology Memo

Quote:ATTENTION:

Samples 9-C, 4-S, and 2-B have been transported to the ______ ___ for further analysis and ________ readings.

If determined to be successful candidates for [REDACTED], samples will not be returned. Please adjust inventory accordingly.

You are doing good work

I would like to examine this note, specifically the inconsistent censoring. Why are some of the words blanked, but others REDACTED? What is the nature of the censoring? Are the blanks typed out in the document, or scribbled out, or torn off, or anything? Or is it wear and tear from age?
You examine Alan Wake's note.

The [REDACTED]s are just that, typed out redactions that someone appears to have applied before the memo was even printed. The blanked-out words, however, appear to be done with some kind of marker. The ink is thick and black, seeming to absorb all light that touches it. Even holding it up to a bulb or attempting to make pressure rubbings don't seem to be of any use when it comes to trying to figure out what's been crossed out.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 5:57 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Hey, Dr Lyra, or Spooks, or anyone else that might know. Is the Sleep Lab supposed to change to weird libraries or whatever when someone sleeps in it?
[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

A... weird library? No, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. There's the regular library down the hall, but if the Sleep Lab turned into 'weird rooms' when someone sleeps there, there's no way that crimson chump could've snatched my keycard, right?

(Jan 3, 2024 at 6:00 PM)Columbo Wrote: One more thing, I'd like to look around the Locker Rooms and Break Room. Hunting for any sort of tool or utensil that might match the wound, or any general disturbances.
And, how easy would it be to hide on those stairs?
You look around the Locker Rooms. Some of the empty lockers appear to have been opened and promptly closed, and the locked lockers are still locked. A laundry hamper is missing from here, but that's about it. The Break Room is mostly untouched, save for some missing knives.
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 5:02 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello there, everyone! It looks like Gus has become deceased. That is a shame. I wished to know him more before his passing. He seemed like a bad man, but everyone has layers beneath the surface!

I will be happy to discuss my "night account" soon! I am interested in discussing a "Nadare Report", though! Can you help me define "Nadare Report"? Would showing you my "Nadare Report" help?
You present a file, slightly beaten up as though it was hastily dropped.

Quote:[OBSERVATIONAL REPORT - NADARE INCIDENT]

As expected, observations of the Killing Game initiated at the facility known as Nadare have confirmed certain beliefs about the nature of [REDACTED] in the presence of these ritualistic events. It is believed that [REDACTED] can frequently manifest during a Killing Game, and that [REDACTED] is related to heightened levels of [REDACTED] in the environment as a result of a Killing Game, an observation consistent with prior reports on experimentation from the OCGA.

While the Nadare Incident was a success from an experimental standpoint, and did not require any __________ intervention, [TARGET REDACTED] does not appear to have been eliminated during the observational process as expected. Furthermore, the Crimson Eye also survived the ordeal, and escaped with a sample of [REDACTED]. Thanks to the willingness of one ___________ to cooperate on a contract basis with his newfound pharmaceutical company however, this threat appears to be largely negated at lower levels.
Izumi Konata
Gonna investigate the stairs near the leisure room, see if there's a way to hide near there, or really anything that could help.
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 7:43 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Gonna investigate the stairs near the leisure room, see if there's a way to hide near there, or really anything that could help.
It does look like it is possible to hide behind or under the stairs if you really wanted, but there's nothing there beyond cobwebs and a thick layer of dust on the ground.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Hey I wanna share the contents of the book I found regarding BPI-3999
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 7:51 PM)Walmart John Finalfantasy14 Wrote: Hey I wanna share the contents of the book I found regarding BPI-3999
You present the book titled Simple Anomalous Objects. Inside, are two files regarding Anomalies that seem to be present in this very building.

Code:
[CODE]BPI-3999-A [One-Way Cloak]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]
[DESCRIPTION]: This display appears to display nothing, or something invisible.

[INFORMATION]: BPI-3999-A is a cloak approximately the correct size to fit most adult humans, with a black coloration on the inside of the cloak. The outside of the cloak, meanwhile, is completely invisible, allowing one to see perfectly through it as though the cloak itself did not exist. The cloak itself, despite its anomalous traits, seems to be composed of ordinary cotton, and is quite warm, if heavy.

"I understand that 3999-A is comfortable, but it is NOT to be used as a bathrobe, for obvious reasons."

Code:
BPI-3999-C [VHS Receiver]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]
[DESCRIPTION]: A regular VHS player. May or may not contain a tape.

[INFORMATION]: BPI-3999-C is a VHS player and recording device of the sort typically found in the 1990s to 2000s. It plays tapes without issue, however despite being hooked up to no input or power source, it occasionally is known to produce a new tape. These tapes typically contain entirely new movies, often based on past events or existing media. The movies tend to be of mediocre quality, and after screening, are often transferred to digital formats and sold in bargain bins and to streaming services to raise funds.

"The only 'analog horror' here is trying to digitize these fucking things."
Columbo
We've been using the tweezers in the Bathrooms for a few tests, but can we tell if any of 'em actually went missing last night?
Phenera
(Jan 3, 2024 at 2:13 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: First and final reminder - I do not subscribe to your labels. To succeed, you must rid yourself of the hierarchies that restrict you. So-called "Sigma Males" attempt to bypass certain social structures but do not reach their full potential. In that sense, I am simply Sigma.

[Image: ListeningAndLearning_cd4pca.png]

Since we seem to have a read on tweezers/needlenose pliers or something similar being the murder implement, let's get some longshot ideas out of the way. Do any forceps appear to have been disturbed in the Killing Game Lab or Anomaly Lab?

Since we've got the soot trail and soot on his body, just to be safe, closely inspect the wound where Gus' jugular is missing specifically for any residue. This should help establish it as after the burning, and might help rule out some dumb possibility like his wound being caused by some plucking tool fashioned out of wood and burned up due to him being on fire.
Phenera
Also go ahead and present the blowtorch I have
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Columbo
Hey, what about scissors? We probably got a few pairs of 'em kickin' around. That match the wound any better?
Dodo
Are there any forensic/embalming/whatever tools in the morgue that could be a match?
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 7:58 PM)Columbo Wrote: We've been using the tweezers in the Bathrooms for a few tests, but can we tell if any of 'em actually went missing last night?
You check the Bathrooms, both upstairs and downstairs, for tweezers. It looks like you're using the ones from downstairs, and the ones in the upstairs bathroom are still there and undisturbed.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 8:06 PM)Phenera Wrote:
(Jan 3, 2024 at 2:13 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: First and final reminder - I do not subscribe to your labels. To succeed, you must rid yourself of the hierarchies that restrict you. So-called "Sigma Males" attempt to bypass certain social structures but do not reach their full potential. In that sense, I am simply Sigma.

[Image: ListeningAndLearning_cd4pca.png]

Since we seem to have a read on tweezers/needlenose pliers or something similar being the murder implement, let's get some longshot ideas out of the way. Do any forceps appear to have been disturbed in the Killing Game Lab or Anomaly Lab?

Since we've got the soot trail and soot on his body, just to be safe, closely inspect the wound where Gus' jugular is missing specifically for any residue. This should help establish it as after the burning, and might help rule out some dumb possibility like his wound being caused by some plucking tool fashioned out of wood and burned up due to him being on fire.
There don't appear to be any missing forceps, though forceps are also, similarly to the tweezers, a very good match. As you test forceps, you examine the throat wound closely. It does not appear to have any kind of residue on it. Though the skin around the wound is crispy, the inside of the wound is not burned. As you probe around closely in his throat, you feel something in his esophagus.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 8:09 PM)Phenera Wrote: Also go ahead and present the blowtorch I have
You present your blowtorch. It appears to be a standard culinary model.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 8:10 PM)Columbo Wrote: Hey, what about scissors? We probably got a few pairs of 'em kickin' around. That match the wound any better?
You compare scissors to the wound. They do not match. Too big, and too sharp. His jugular was torn out, not cut.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 8:11 PM)Dodo Wrote: Are there any forensic/embalming/whatever tools in the morgue that could be a match?
Similarly to the Killing Game and Anomaly Labs, you find forceps to be a pretty close match like the tweezers.
Columbo
(Jan 3, 2024 at 8:18 PM)Monokuma Wrote: As you probe around closely in his throat, you feel something in his esophagus.
Any chance we can get out whatever that is without disturbing the wound too much? Really need one of those forensics boys.