Spooks?
music:

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

Testimony... Yeah, sure, you've got it! Better to smoke this killer out while we can, right?

Y'know, I'm in a particularly great mood tonight, so count your blessings while you can. Kyahaha, I'm rich, all thanks to Phenera and her research grants!

I don't see Astrid pulling in the fat stacks like I am with her research, now do I?

Well, I should explain.

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

I was in the Killing Game Lab most of the night, but I did some work in the morgue too. Early on I ran into Jack of Spades, a fellow researcher. We walked to the Anomaly Lab and talked for a second, before I left her to her task and returned.

I started talking to uh... What was her name... Whatever that ninja chick is called. Much like my earlier guest, she too had an interest in the Anomalies, though especially that weirdo 2101 guy. I took her to the Anomaly Lab too, then walked back and ran into Phenera, who decided that I was worthy of a very generous Research Grant

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

She was tossing me cash non-stop, it was like Christmas morning, if I didn't think Santa Claus was a bunch of nonsense pesudoscience. I'm just glad that I'm finally getting the recognition I deserve. The reporter girl came through, then came Pea, who was all like... hunched over like he was trying to hide under something. He wasn't though, or at least nothing I could see. They both went to the Anomaly Lab - and around then is when I noticed something!

[Image: what_zpvj9s.png]

My files! All gone! It must've happened while I was walking someone over! I searched everywhere, but nothing! I was cleaned out! Bradimir! I'm gonna kill you!

Anyway... Jack of Spades came back in, then Phenera left, I suppose having dried up her financial resources. We talked for a moment, and I decided to go examine some bodies in the Morgue for a bit. Revy was watching me for a second, but I GUESS autopsies aren't exciting enough for her, because she ditched me!

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

...Then I went back out to the lab and... Ugh, as if the file theft wasn't enough. Just as we lose the janitor too! There was a huge mess everywhere! I started mopping up the Anomaly Lab, and that's when I found Pea knocked out. He got outta there pretty quick after coming too though, and then when I finished mopping in there, I went out to the Killing Game Lab, because apparently trailing that gunk everywhere in one room wasn't enough for someone.

Thankfully I had Momoyo to help me mop up the rest, by which I mean she very enthusiastically volunteered to do all the work in my stead.

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

Well, now I just have to figure out how to spend all this research money! If you'll excuse me, I'll be back in my lab, browsing my equipment order catalog.
Morgan
So, Trip. Did Roxie actually hang out with you the whole night? Didn't even leave for a few minutes?
Morgan
Posting a deleted comment from Lyra since it helps

[Image: deleted.png]
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 10:48 PM)Lita Wrote: For someone who actually works here, where else are there first aid kits? Could we check the rest for any missing pairs of tweezers?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 10:49 PM)Columbo Wrote: Tweezers from a first aid kit, now we're getting somewhere. Any other places to get first aid kits in this place? Obviously kits with that kind of tweezers.

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]
You can find a First Aid Kit in the Chem Lab, the Kitchen, the Control Department, the Security Office, and Gate #2.

Proper compliance can prevent the need for First Aid.

Your other investigation is too broad. Please be more specific.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 10:54 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Are there any more first aid kits in the Chem Lab? If so are any of them missing anything?
Does it appear like any of the first aid kits in the Chem Lab are missing?
There is only one kit in the Chem Lab. It contains tweezers.

(Jan 4, 2024 at 1:04 AM)Rookie Journalist Wrote: If we are looking for tweezers - lets take a look at the Morgue also.
I'm sure they gotta have some there with the autopsy table / tools
You check the Morgue. There are indeed some very similar tweezers to those in the First Aid Kit among the tools, however as Lyra notes upon you examining them, they are all present and just as she left them after working.
Columbo
There only one First Aid Kit in each of those spots? Either way, we better check them all. Checking for missing tweezers in the kits in the Kitchen, the Control Department, the Security Office, and Gate #2. Or missing kits, for that matter.
Any of those could turn this case around.
Izumi Konata
Gonna go investigate the Security Office's first aid kit myself
Tinkaton
Tinkaton's account, provided on her behalf by her trainer or something
-Head down the elevator to Hustler's seminar immediately after waking up, Riki and Hustler are already there. Revy, Lita, Dexter, Giffany, Lily, an unknown person, and Jonsohn all show up in about that order
-The seminar starts shortly after Jonsohn's arrival; Riki leaves for the elevator early on
-Gus and Morgan pass through at some point and go toward the director's office
-Sometime after that Lily jumps on the desk and promotes NFTs, followed by Gus throwing Morgan at her at full force, KOing both
-Liz's corpse suddenly appears and shoots Gus in the shoulder, he runs down the hall and she shoots again then heads into station 1. The seminar is pretty much over at this point
-Tinkaton and Dexter take the shuttle to the lounge, she grabs a meat tenderizer from the kitchen (closest thing she could find) while Niles comes and talks to Dexter - Niles offers wine to Tinkaton but she does not drink
-Head upstairs, through the cafeteria and down into the historical society building, passing by Columbo in Whisper Valley Archives
-Notice that the bottom beer bottle, one way cloak, and two things from 3143 are all missing
-Try to sing Christmas songs in the lobby, Lita passes by into the museum hall
-There's suddenly screaming in the museum hall but when she goes to check, she finds nothing
-Enter the chapel for a moment, there's a laundry hamper, oil, and some book about cans
-Head to the sleep lab to see how that's going but instead end up in some massive library. Look at one of the books but it's gibberish. Wander around and eventually wind up back in the museum hall
-Back to the lobby, hang out for Nancy and BPI-2300 for a while, 2300 believes that Gus is dead but they haven't found the body. They (Nancy and 2300) head to checkpoint after the talk
-Go back to the dorms for the night, around the same time as Raregold
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: notice.png]

Gods forfend, the janitor is DEAD! This is...

[Image: confused.png]

...not very surprising? N-Nevertheless, it's a mystery, which means Nashu's on the case. Murder with a relatable motive is still murder, even if nobody misses the dead guy!

Unlike the previous investigation, it looks like I'm one of the suspects myself this time, as are all of us. In that case, you'll need my testimony. Luckily, I have my handy Nashu Notes™ to help me!

[Image: drawing2.png]

[Image: day1note1.png]

I woke up to the sound of the intercom playing some manner of Crimson Eye broadcast; something about taking a more peaceful approach to their goals? They must've really turned over a new leaf! Though I suppose it makes sense, given how poor they are at getting away with murder.

I left my dorm and ran into our cat-shaped mammet friend, but he seemed to be under the weather, so I left him alone. I made my way to Counter-Terrorism to learn more about our questionably-competent foe, and I found a relevant poster while I was there. Could I show that off to everyone?

Back in the Control Department, I saw Nancy and 23 scolding Morgan, who wanted to speak with Gus. I also saw Dodo leaving the Armory with a hamper full of goods.

[Image: day1note2.png]

I pulled 23 aside and talked to him for a while, about the Crimson Cantalouper and magicked beasts. It sounds like I kept him from his job because of that, though. I'm sorry, 23! He told me he needed to go to the Chapel, which was a neat coincidence, because so did I! I had an appointment with...a secret admirer. We walked through the Lobby past DxHustler, whose seminar didn't look to be in session yet. The Goose was drinking something in the Leisure Center, and Niles Crane was reading his newspaper on the Patio.

[Image: day1note3.png]

When 23 and I got to the Chapel, we were shocked to see Dodo out cold on the floor! The culprit appeared to be a heavy book titled The History of Cans. I didn't realize that can lore was so extensive! We shook him awake, and I had to tell him the cold, hard truth...

[Image: blushsigh.png]

You're very sweet, and I'm flattered, but...I-I just don't think that things would work out between a mi'qote and a dodo!

Luckily, he took it pretty well, and we hung out for a while as the Goose and Riki came in to join us. Nothing revolutionary happened.

After that, 23 and I left and returned downstairs the way we came. Niles was still on the Patio, and after I said goodnight to 23 and went to my dorm, I noticed he started to speak with Alan Wake.

[Image: paper.png]

And that's more or less my night. With the Twelve as my witness, I swear it to be the truth. So what do you think? Not bad for a self-taught artiste, hmm? Now, let's find this killer and thank them! Err, spank them!
Spooks?
(Jan 4, 2024 at 2:13 AM)Bradimir Votvodk Wrote: Can we have spooks go look around in the lake to see if they spot a Giant Jellyfish?

Also, do I have signs of being stung by something all over my body? I still fucking hurt like hell.
[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Ah. My context sensors indicate that you have had a run-in with BPI-1011. My apologies - I had thought the clear warning signs and threat level would prevent interaction. I suppose I should lower my algorithmic threshold for stubbornness to a more appropriate level to prevent similar occurrences.

BPI-1011 is not defined as a "Giant Jellyfish", in strict terms, however it is most definitely present in Mirror Lake. Please do not attempt to engage further without use of a proper vessel.

You then lift up your shirt to present your body and wounds. Your body is covered with long, slender welts, burning a bright red.

(Jan 4, 2024 at 4:03 AM)Columbo Wrote: There only one First Aid Kit in each of those spots? Either way, we better check them all. Checking for missing tweezers in the kits in the Kitchen, the Control Department, the Security Office, and Gate #2. Or missing kits, for that matter.
Any of those could turn this case around.
(Jan 4, 2024 at 4:03 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Gonna go investigate the Security Office's first aid kit myself
You first check the First-Aid Kit in the Kitchen. No dice, looks like everything's here. Likewise for the Control Department and Security Office.

Gate #2 however contains a large array of emergency supplies, including several First-Aid Kits. You notice while you investigate that an emergency knife is missing, but your focus is on the kits. One appears to have been rummaged through, and is missing tweezers.
Columbo
Hey, how loud is that metal detector in the Checkpoint room, and how much metal does it take to set it off? Would a little pair of tweezers from a kit do it? Somebody other than me test that, I'm sure I've got a few too many metal things.

And, random question, not related to the case, does Spooks trigger the detector?
Riki

Mechon checky have log? Pass through, make ding-ding noise. Riki wonder if record somewhere.

Heropon also explore Elevator service room side door, Receiving Bay, scary tunnel near second Gate for weird stuff. Riki always climb big big tree, so Hom Homs no worry about height!
Columbo
Oh, can we check out that "service room" in the Elevator Shaft? I'm sure Spooks can make sure we don't fall.
Spooks?
(Jan 4, 2024 at 6:05 AM)Columbo Wrote: Hey, how loud is that metal detector in the Checkpoint room, and how much metal does it take to set it off? Would a little pair of tweezers from a kit do it? Somebody other than me test that, I'm sure I've got a few too many metal things.

And, random question, not related to the case, does Spooks trigger the detector?
The metal detector is not particularly loud, only being audible from adjacent rooms. It seems like it is mostly meant to alert the security staff in the office. Or Spooks, in this case. You get Riki to walk through the detector holding tweezers, and it doesn't look like that small amount of metal crosses the trigger threshold. Maybe if you had the tweezers and more metal as well, or maybe a lot of tweezers.

Spooks does not seem to trigger it. It appears as though the detectors are programmed to ignore him, probably due to some wireless communication or another.

(Jan 4, 2024 at 6:16 AM)Riki Wrote:

Mechon checky have log? Pass through, make ding-ding noise. Riki wonder if record somewhere.

Heropon also explore Elevator service room side door, Receiving Bay, scary tunnel near second Gate for weird stuff. Riki always climb big big tree, so Hom Homs no worry about height!
(Jan 4, 2024 at 6:16 AM)Columbo Wrote: Oh, can we check out that "service room" in the Elevator Shaft? I'm sure Spooks can make sure we don't fall.
First, you ask Spooks if there's logs for the metal detector. He shakes his head, or monitor, or whatever. It looks like it's just there to alert security. You decide to head outside from here to examine that tunnel. It looks like the tunnel is largely empty, save for a few traces of a dark liquid on the ground. The same goes for the Receiving Bay.

Next, you and Columbo return to the Elevator.

[Image: elevatorshaft_frifaz.png]

You once again stare down into a yawning abyss, cables descending from above into sheer darkness. You spy what looks like a small door to some kind of service room along the side of the shaft, down some rungs. There is no sign of an elevator however, nor is there any sign of damage to anything.

Spooks equips you with a safety harness and ties you down with a rope to ensure you don't fall. This is awfully nice of him, though you figure it's better not to question where he got this stuff. You begin climbing down to the service room, entering it.

[Image: powerroom1_pav5fl.png]

You find yourself in a small room overlooking the elevator shaft. There is a desk chair in front of a control panel with a computer, though the computer appears dusty and kind of old. Looks like this place hasn't seen much use, probably because the elevator's out of service. A red button labeled "POWER" sits front and center.
Columbo
Don't suppose we can look over the computer and piece of paper while we're looking at the shaft?
Though, I'm guessing pressing that big power button would be a step too far.
Spooks?
(Jan 4, 2024 at 6:52 AM)Columbo Wrote: Don't suppose we can look over the computer and piece of paper while we're looking at the shaft?
Though, I'm guessing pressing that big power button would be a step too far.
You look at the computer. It's an old PC running Windows XP. You reach the login screen and the two accounts registered on the thing appear to be named "maintenance" and "lg". It sadly requires a password for both accounts.

You pick up the paper.

[Image: mineshaftmap_zi7kxp.png]

Hm. Well, that might come in handy.

Spooks doesn't stop you from trying the power button, but upon pressing it, it simply makes a buzzing noise and text flashes on the computer monitor:

[MAINTENANCE OVERRIDE REQUIRED]
Riki
Riki look more around Patio. Patio doors too!

Goopy goopy tunnel liquid same as Liz liquid? Heropon forget where scary ghost Liz go...

Riki last check how Gus Lake metal break. Cut with stabby knife from Gate #2? Strong friend break in pieces?
Spooks?
(Jan 4, 2024 at 7:42 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki look more around Patio. Patio doors too!

Goopy goopy tunnel liquid same as Liz liquid? Heropon forget where scary ghost Liz go...

Riki last check how Gus Lake metal break. Cut with stabby knife from Gate #2? Strong friend break in pieces?
You look around the Patio. One of the chairs appears to be moved as though it was sat in. There's burn marks around the stairs, and some burned up plant matter. There's nothing particularly remarkable about any of the Patio's doors or the exit down to the Black Forest.

The liquid in the tunnel appears to match the same liquid as in the Receiving Bay.

Taking the pieces of what you now know to be the tweezers in your hands, you examine the breakage. It looks as if they have been broken apart with some force, being somewhat bent. They certainly are not cut. It does look as though it was done by someone strong, but you get the sense that with time or leverage, most people could probably eventually bend the thin instrument into pieces.
Bradimir Votvodk
(Jan 4, 2024 at 5:52 AM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Jan 4, 2024 at 2:13 AM)Bradimir Votvodk Wrote: Can we have spooks go look around in the lake to see if they spot a Giant Jellyfish?

Also, do I have signs of being stung by something all over my body? I still fucking hurt like hell.
[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Ah. My context sensors indicate that you have had a run-in with BPI-1011. My apologies - I had thought the clear warning signs and threat level would prevent interaction. I suppose I should lower my algorithmic threshold for stubbornness to a more appropriate level to prevent similar occurrences.

BPI-1011 is not defined as a "Giant Jellyfish", in strict terms, however it is most definitely present in Mirror Lake. Please do not attempt to engage further without use of a proper vessel.

You then lift up your shirt to present your body and wounds. Your body is covered with long, slender welts, burning a bright red.
Well it wasn't like I was looking to go for a swim with the thing. Didn't exactly have a choice in that matter. I was quite content with investigating things regarding the lake on the dry side of shore.

Any suggestions on how to treat the injuries that BPI-1011 caused?
Jack of Spades
Well, that guy and his prison sentence didn't last long.

If anyone's wondering how my night went, here's what I can say.

[Image: 4ceeb077a47a8b090be72383063da96a84de2f29.pnj]

I met Lyra in the Killing Game Lab right after getting up. She had me doing some work. Happy to help with her research. After I was done, I saw Roxie visit BPI-2101. When I got back to the Anomaly Lab, I saw Phenera flinging cash around. Does this mean you can afford to give me a raise?

[Image: 6e60c6a3307f1bd7348eb6fcc03a9f9fa8b02e7c.pnj]

I gave my report to Lyra and headed off to the Whisper Valley Archives. Didn't see anything of interest, so I went to check if we were ready for the Sleep Lab procedure. Turns out Konata had already gone to sleep and the whole lab was unavailable. Fantastic.

[Image: 3f17b93dc974385dac29d6e5fcf7705dc7f3b945.pnj]

One last task I had planned for tonight was in the Arboretum. While I was in there, I may have put the place through a range of temperatures and possibly given Morgan heatstroke. Someone with a medical background should look into that.

As I was headed back, I did notice someone messing with the path stones outside. When I got in the building, I walked by the Archives, and just my luck, Columbo was there to get the door. What a gentleman. You should cut back on the smoking, though. That's when Raregold came in from outside. Was that you screwing around with the stones? Anyway, I headed down the elevator, Columbo went to the Lobby. On my way to the dorm, I saw someone was in the Leisure Center. That's about it.
Jack of Spades
I'm gonna go check the path stones outside just in case someone left a piece of metal tweezers under there or something.