Indiana Jones (Old)
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:54 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:42 AM)Morgan Wrote: Alright, first thing's first. What does the note on the body say?
You pick up the note on the body, examining it in your hand. It appears to be a book page, scrawled over and crossed out in various places.

[Image: content_g9jwxw.jpg]

Well that's not ominous at all.

Back in my day this is what we had instead of what you kids call "Youtube Poops".
Mr. Scratch
Let's cut to the chase; I'm sure my better half had something sharp on him - I want to see what's bulging in the bird's throat.
Columbo
Looks like I'm a material witness, and so's anybody who's seen the Goose. Better keep setting a good example.

Lets see, I was preparing for the trade with Indy, when I got chatting with Spooks again. Felt bad for the cute fella, so I helped him clean up Dodo's... I believe the term the boys use is "fecal matter". Ended up taking the Shuttle to Station 1 and back, 'cause it distracted me from my personal business.

And speaking of distractions, there's a dog in the Receiving Bay! Friendly fella, looked like a yellow lab to me. Shoulda brought my dog, but hey, whatcha gonna do? Anyway, I checked out that Maintenance Room again. Nothing new to report in there, 'cept when I went to climb back out, somebody tried to throw a sheet over me! You dastardly kids, such jokesters.
Yeah, I know a murder attempt when I see one. Trying to kill a cop... what did cops ever do to you?
...What, why's everybody looking at me like that? I say somethin' funny?

Where was I... oh yeah, the dog had run over to the Facility Lobby by the time I got out of the shaft. And I noticed BPI-3550's door closing as I walked through that hall there. Put it in bold, as a tip for future detectives. 'Ssuming you believe me, of course.
And then I went upstairs for our little trade, wasn't exactly subtle about doing that. Apologizes for my tardiness, Dr. Jones. You can just grab it whenever.

Rest of my night was mostly looking into that unmarked room. Somebody or something must be in there, because I heard some kinda humming. And Riki and Spooks chatting it up in the regular Lobby.

And the most important part of my night, as part of my investigation, I saw the Goose in the Boiler Room! It had that metal mask on, and it honked at me. And pilfered a crowbar, the little thief.

Lets see... Tinkaton was leaving that Stairway to Heaven, Jack was sleeping in the lab... Lily and that Pegasus fella were outside as I was headin' out myself. If you can't tell, I'm being a bit extra thorough to try to rule out who could've entered BPI-3550's room.

Rest of my night's not really interesting, I was checking out the Observatory, bumped into Astrid. I picked a bad night though, kinda forgot it was raining. Silly me. Momoyo was digging a ditch outside when I decided to pack it in for the night. Such a character, that Momoyo.

Oh, and I happened to poke my head into BPI-3550's room as I was going to bed. Goose was definitely dead by then, if you have to ask.
Columbo
Look over Goose's stomach wound real close, compare it to our array of possible knives. Scalpels, kitchen knives, any sort of weird military knife from the armory, the Dagger from when we first arrived...
Maybe get a chemist to tell us what the heck is that stuff comin' out of it?
Tinkaton
Tinkaton presents the newspaper clipping she found in the archives.
Izumi Konata
I guess, also show off my own newspaper clippings I got from the archive.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:38 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Is there any sort of evidence that the goose was moved after it was killed, or did it get killed in the containment room?

Also, check out all the different wounds individually
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:07 AM)Mr. Scratch Wrote: Let's cut to the chase; I'm sure my better half had something sharp on him - I want to see what's bulging in the bird's throat.
There is no trail of blood or the fluids coming out of his stomach hole, though it is difficult to tell whether the strangulation marks on his throat were made in the room.

You check out each wound individually. The bruising on his throat looks kind of uneven, and not like it was done with rope or anything.

The cut on his stomach is wide and deep, though quite clean, as though done with a thin sharp blade. There are a lot of chemical burn marks around the hole, and the smell burns your nose badly.

You then check the bulge in his throat, squeezing it out like toothpaste. You notice that he has a lot of chemical burn marks around his throat and mouth too. You reach in once the lump is close enough to his mouth, and pull out... The badly melted and burned shards of a DVD. You can't tell what it is, and it is unlikely to ever play again based on the damage.

The only thing you can make out the disc after all the damage is the letter "C", written in a blue font.
Izumi Konata
Well, time to compare the cut to different blades. First thing. Gonna check if the cut is similar to a scalpel cut, if there are any scalpels in like, the morgue or something
Mr. Scratch
Just to make sure - are any shards seemingly missing from this DVD?

Past that, I guess I'll throw the writer a bone, and compare his chisel to the wound.
Mr. Scratch
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:54 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:48 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton decides to look at the loose panel in the lobby.
You look at the loose panel in the lobby. It's right behind the tapestry with the Bureau logo. You push it aside to find what looks like a vault door. It seems to require a three-number passcode, inputted via a big dial.

Passcodes? Most dimwits use their birthday as their PIN, so let's try a random one. May 29th - 5-2-9.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:45 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Well, time to compare the cut to different blades. First thing. Gonna check if the cut is similar to a scalpel cut, if there are any scalpels in like, the morgue or something
You compare a scalpel to them. The scalpel is actually too fine to have made the cut. The cut is somewhat rougher than the scalpel.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:51 AM)Mr. Scratch Wrote: Just to make sure - are any shards seemingly missing from this DVD?

Past that, I guess I'll throw the writer a bone, and compare his chisel to the wound.
You try to assemble the DVD. It is very damaged but it looks like it's all there. You still can't tell what it is though, the label is way too damaged.

Your chisel isn't even sharp, let alone sharp enough to match.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:33 AM)Columbo Wrote: Look over Goose's stomach wound real close, compare it to our array of possible knives. Scalpels, kitchen knives, any sort of weird military knife from the armory, the Dagger from when we first arrived...
Maybe get a chemist to tell us what the heck is that stuff comin' out of it?
As checked before, the Scalpel is too fine. The kitchen knives and armory knives are far too big though to have made the slice.

The emerald dagger from Day 0 is missing.
Maximillion Pegasus
I found myself buried in work tonight, almost literally, as someone tried to murder me!

I began by going to the Geology Lab to acquire the necessary hardware for a more extensive archeological dig. I managed to grab a jackhammer. As I put it into my kit, I saw Riki outside, walking toward the Cafeteria.

I climbed up the treacherous slope to the Observatory, where Astrid and Konata were reading some sort of large book, presumably a Shonen Jump. I pulled out my jackhammer and started working inside, which they were not pleased about, and they forced me out into the rain.

I cordoned off an area to safely dig outside the Observatory, so nobody would accidentally stumble in once my new shaft was constructed. I broke through the stone and tied off a rope and began to explore the newly exposed mineshaft.

I found a lot of old disused mining equipment, unsurprisingly, and some sort of shadowy figure that ran when I looked at it. I heard a rhythmic clanging in the distance, as well- perhaps another miner?

I did some further excavation and found an old knife, which I decided to hold on to for further examination later. Mere moments after I found the object, I found myself being assailed by a most horrific figure! Some sort of unnaturally posed thing with piercing red eyes tried to shoot me! Needless to say I scurried off hastily. In my escape I saw someone else in the tunnels but I could not identify them due to my more pressing concern of living through the night. I eventually reached the main exit and safely departed, no longer in imminent danger. I went to the Patio to relax and get my wits together. As I calmed down and sat for a while, I saw Bradimir go downstairs. Shortly after I got up and left, and witnessed Lily enter the Sleep Lab as I returned to my dorm.
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]
Columbo
Nobody actually did it, so I'll compare the DVD shards to the wound at various angles. The book page too, but I highly doubt it. That'd be one hell of a paper cut.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:15 AM)Columbo Wrote: Nobody actually did it, so I'll compare the DVD shards to the wound at various angles. The book page too, but I highly doubt it. That'd be one hell of a paper cut.
You compare the book page first. Yeah, you're right - the very thought is completely absurd. This could never have made that kind of wound, on account of the fact that it's... paper.

You compare the DVD shards next, but they are far too rough and jagged, even before the damage done to them.
Columbo
Check the cleaning supplies in the Boiler Room. Any chemicals missing? Take stock of the Chem Lab, too.

Does the laptop in the Meeting Room have a DVD drive? And can anybody tell me if any DVDs in it went missing?
And check the Whisper Valley Archives for any more of that anime that blue haired high schooler was talking about. Especially if it's on DVD.
Oh, Spooks, how does the CCTV system work? It ain't conventional, but it's plausible for the storage medium to be DVDs as well.
Izumi Konata
Is there any bladed weapons in the armory that might have made the cut?
Revy
First an old fart, and now a goose....maybe that Newton guy was on to something with that "survival of the fittest" garbage.

There are three things a woman has a god-given right to have: the power to take shit from no one, a gorgeous set of tits, and cigarettes. And when I woke up, I had a nasty hankering for that third one. I remember Lyra saying before I left her last night that there's not a single pack in the entire facility, the cheap fucks, so it looked like these hands of destruction would have to create something for a change: I'd make my own smokes. I went from the Archives to the Arboretum, where John...Final....Whateverthefuck was lying in a pool of his blood, knocked clean out. Damn fool probably bit his own tongue trying to say his own name. I picked some tobacco leaves, why they have this but drugs are apparently a no-no is beyond me, and went to the Botany Lab to grind it up with a mulcher. All there was to roll them up in were some random documents lying around. Not ideal, but I wouldn't care if it's fucking sandpaper, as long as it's functional. After I put them together, all I needed was a flame. I went all the way through the Waiting Room to the Cafeteria, forcing myself to not demolish the cake that was suddenly there, and I found a lighter behind the buffet table. Yippee-ki-yay. There was probably some kind of hi-tech anti-smoking system inside that would send the catbot up my ass if I tried lighting up, so I went over to around the Boathouse. Standing out there, raindrops thrumming against my umbrella like liquid bullets slamming against a barricade, taking a drag of my cig one minute at a time.....really makes a gal nostalgic for the simpler days.

[Image: image.png?ex=65b7024d&is=65a48d4d&hm=c90...height=662]

Of course, who the hell am I to deserve simpler days?

The Pea guy was chatting with Dexter and Lyra nearby, about what I couldn't tell or care. Jack of Spades went into the Boathouse, and soon after, Pea left, and Dex shot me a nice, dirty scowl that just screamed "fuck me" before heading over towards the Fountain. Lyra, on the other hand.....I just had to pick her brain. Our conversation wasn't anything for you to alert the paparazzi about. She didn't seem to have an inch of fear about being stuck in one of these murder games, though considering all she's ever done was read about them, I wouldn't be surprised if she was lying through her teeth. I break off eventually, there's only so much of a scientist's breath I could stand at a time, and went off to look for Giffany, since I had business with her as well.....except I had no friggin' clue where she would be. I'm out of touch when it comes to knowing where little tykes these days hang out, especially if they have pink hair and....pixels.....I was heading into the Cafeteria when some cocksucker came out of the bathrooms and threw a beer bottle towards my head. By the time I ducked and tried to find my attacker, they went back inside. Goddamn coward, if you want to have a drink with me, say it to my face. I run into that raw piece of meat Dex when I head down into the Lounge, and I search all the way over to the Control Department, where the blonde slut and her crow-masked boytoy were bowing down at Morgan's feet. Embarrassing. As I get out, seeing the Hustler come in at the same time, I decided I had enough and gave up searching for the schoolgirl. For some reason, when I came back to the Facility Lobby, I had to get jumped by a mutt. Not even a killer one, it was just a normal golden retriever. Weird, he reminded me of the dog I had as a kid, back when...

...Anyway.

[Image: image.png?ex=65b9f4b8&is=65a77fb8&hm=a1b...height=662]

I went all the way up to the Library, because surely, even if this place was too high and mighty to have smokes in the vicinity, surely it had to have at least some smut. But no, I couldn't even have that much. If you were to tell me all of these researchers were Mormons, I wouldn't be surprised in the fuckin' slightest. The best I could find was lousy romance novels about buff, shirtless pirates, the kind of stories 45-year-old wine drinkers are chronically addicted to. It was entertaining tripe, but tripe, all the same. I'd sure love to get in the head of the writers who thought piracy had more swashbuckling adventure than it actually does, but at least losing my pearly whites to scurvy's off the cards isn't a risk anymore. Oh, and that Astrid chick came by to get some books while I was reading, or whatever. And then, I pretty much went to bed right after. Christ in a handbasket, I'm bored....
Ciel
here's a quick account to get our facts straight. remember, only by working together can we succeed

- hang out with npc in the meeting room again
- learn some spicy info about qstia, and somethings called the "world historical foundation" and "sinclair solutions"
- head out to the boathouse, passing by alan wake heading from the fountain to the lake at the time
- wake, dexter, morgan, indy, and giffany are hanging around the dock
- momoya and lyra appear, seemingly everyone present board the boat, and we department
- my moment of taking in the peaceful mountain lake sceenery is inturrupted by a backlit diver emerging from the depths
- after the diver manages to thwack momoyo in the chest, indy utilizes the spatula shaped anomaly to flip said diver a neat 180 degrees
- tentacles emerge and both momoyo and the diver are lost to the lake, though momoyo seems to just float to shore later
- the remainder of us make landfall, enter the sole building present, and come upon a glass elevator that asks for an "aquatic lab keycard" for access
- we all take the boat back, only to realize late that indy was left behind
- momoyo unconscious on the shore
- from the dock, everybody splits up. morgan and I enter the sleep lab
- jack of spades in sleeping in one of the beds, lily is pouring gasoline, lily becomes unconscious, konata arrives at some point and starts sleeping, seemingly a good chunk of time later phenera does the same as konata
- phenera seemed incredibly out of it and smelled fishy when coming in
- all three participants doing their duties, I begin to do mine as I watch the monitoring equipment increment it's somatic energy counter to 100%
- upon reaching 100%, the monitoring equipment displays the text "somatic seal chamber manifesting" while a pink doorway simultaneously appears on the east wall of the room
- satisfied that my job has been completed, I hurry off to chat up astrid. she's developed quite an interest in mysteries and solving them

I hope this has served to further our common cause
Dodo
[Image: c593420b94736549a88b876210f21f59475b4679.gifv]

" .................. "

[Image: 6e139ae98697f2bd764c6da6ba80ade703031ce9.gifv]

tap tap, tap tap, tap tap,

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

ENCOUNTERED GIFFANY IN FRONT OF PRISONER 3550'S ENCLOSURE. SHE WALKS WITH ME TO CONTROL DEPARTMENT, WHERE WE ENCOUNTER NASHU AND MORGAN.

WE PART WAYS. I ENTER COUNTER TERRORISM. ARTIFACT 2003 IS MISSING FROM ITS COMPARTMENT. ALARMING, SINCE ITS ABSENCE ONLY BENEFITS THE CRIMSON INTERLOPERS. JACK OF SPADES MAKES A STOP HERE. LEAVES. THEN I LEAVE TOO.

I WAIT IN THE BATHROOM, TO AVOID INCURRING YOUR BIGOTED, HOMOMORPHIC JUDGMENT UPON MY AVIAN BIOLOGY. SOMEONE PASSES BY, I ATTEMPT TO INITIATE COMBAT, BUT THEY DO NOT FACE ME. THEY RUN INSTEAD.

I HUNGER, SO I GO TO THE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE TO PARTAKE IN THE GIFTS OF THE AQUARIUM. A LABRADOR PATROLS THE LOBBY.

I WALK TOWARDS THE ANOMALY LAB, FINDING PHENERA LYING ON THE FLOOR IN THE LAB PASSAGE, HER FORM DESTROYED BY MORE HOMOMORPHIC CONDEMNATION. I CHECK ON THE ANOMALIES HERE. THEY LOOK HEALTHY.

I WALK BACK, BUT ON THE WAY FEEL A PANG OF DREAD AND DECIDE TO VISIT THE CONTROL DEPARTMENT ONCE MORE. THE VENERABLE HUNTER SOMBERLY INFORMS ME OF THE MURDER. WE ARE ONE IN GRIEF AND INDIGNATION.

I RETURN TO MY BED; THE FALLEN BELLWETHER SUFFERING ITS UNJUST REST

[Image: c593420b94736549a88b876210f21f59475b4679.gifv]

SANCTA REGINA, PARCE MIHI.