DxHustler3000
(A Golden Canine... how... wonderful...)

[Image: VerFT18.png]

All my life living in a doggie dog world, and I am finally graced with the presence of a true scholar. Is that wise pooch still in the lobby? I have to inspect its health.

...Also, it seems fortuitous to make sure it has a healthy meal. A hungry dog is a sad dog, after all. Let's cook the little guy some turkey and rice, and see how he takes to it.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Dr. Niles Crane
[Image: N9aO9jN.png]

Gooooood morning! I suppose I shouldn't be so chipper, but I for one am pleased to see the back of that pugnacious little troublemaker. I've been running on adrenaline ever since I fought it last night. Shamethe body isn't in better condition, though - I've been craving foie gras ever since my last visit to L’Escalier.

I took a brief stroll outside to start my night, despite the rain - just from the Archives to the Sleep Lab. As soon as I got back inside, I spotted that hideous Goose entering the Chapel. I made my way into BPI-2610 (or, 'The Stairway to Heaven') and met with DxHustler3000. I must've been the first to arrive.

And who should walk in next? The Goose, in a drunken stupor. I'm not sure what came over me, but I just flew off the handle. I took my umbrella and taught that damn bird a lesson - not realising it was armed with a shotgun. We exchanged blows briefly - but then a strange, unsettling figure wearing a metal mask and robes entered. A metal mask that prys the wearer's eyelids open... I must remember to bring one of these next time Maris drags me to a Mahler concert.

The third figure joined in the fray, also armed with a shotgun with a crowbar. They seemed more concerned with attacking the Goose than me. Eventually, I got the upper hand and - with a well-timed swing - knocked the Goose out, and off the staircase.

[Image: 5JgMtkF.png]

However, I couldn't bask in my victory for long - the masked figure then turned on me, and with the swing of a crowbar, I too was out cold.

When I came to, the seminar appeared to be underway. Riki (soaked in blood, good heavens), Tinkaton and Jonsohn Smithy all stood around DxHustler, so I got up and joined. We all had to join hands and ascend the staircase - something Mr. Smithy seemed to enjoy a little too much, if you ask me. At some point, Dex came in, and I felt a little embarrassed I had got sucked into this obvious scam.

I entertained their nonsense as long as I could, but eventually exchanged some firm and cutting words with the host, who promptly asked me to leave. I did so, followed by Riki.

After this, I spotted Dex near the Pipe and took a stroll outside with him. We chatted a little about the supernatural and the team on the boat, before he took his leave with Lyra at the Boathouse.

Following this, I made my way to the Cafeteria and made myself a coffee, intending to spend the rest of my night relaxing in the Library.

Unfortunately, on my way back, someone who I didn't recognise, covered in blood stabbed me in the side with a knife. A while later, I managed to regain consciousness and crawl back to my room.
Momoyo Himemushi
Well, that coulda gone better. Next time I'm skipping the lake invite. See, it was nice at first, y'know? Good time. Fun exploration with my pals, like Indy and Ciel. And all those uninvited guests. That was rude of them, but okay.

So we go in the boat. It's cramped. And then I got stabbed and tossed over the side like people talked about. That was very rude! I saw a blinding figure under the sea, and then... well, woke up on shore. Ouch. Those welts still sting. Maybe there's an anomaly for that.

And then when I was heading back from the shore, someone with a knife and a costume showed up. Guess this wasn't my day. Oh well, there's tomorrow. Someone went to Gus's dorm, by the way - saw that when I went to mine.

Anyhow. I got the owl coat from my place, and some ingredients. Went down to the kitchen, and started making stone soup. It's delicious, but Dexter told me to get it out of my face. Why are people all so rude. DXHustler declined soup in the shuttle station, but they did it politely so I don't mind. Went to the lab passage and hung out with Lyra for a while. Gave her my owl coat. It's a cool coat but I dig a lot so it'd get dirty if I wore it.

She didn't drink the soup though. Shame.

Went back to the field and did some ditch digging to finish up my night. Columbo showed up during that. Nice guy. Then I went back to bed.
Roxie Richter
I lost a fight to a bird, I don't feel like embarassing myself further by elaborating.
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Columbo
So how does 3550's containment room work, exactly? Can the dog, I'm assuming it's dog-like, just go out the door if somebody leaves it open? No cage or kennel or leash or nothin'?
Oh, Lyra, you're our local Anomaly expert, right? Could Goose have existed simultaneously with itself? Would doors still open and close while it was going around?
DxHustler3000
Check the Decontamination Room and its log.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Lita
- Leave my room armed with an umbrella
- Go to Whisper Valley Archives, get lore
- Konata is on the floor KO'd poor thing
- Spend time with Spooks
- Go through Museum Hall to Liturgical Study where I'm looking for more lore (wasn't successful here)
- Go back to bed through Sleep Lab, Jack of Spades is there maybe asleep? Columbo is also here tapping on the walls, guys I think he's starting to lose it
Lita
Present the two files I got from Whisper Valley Archives.
Lita
Body check Phenera fully.
Izumi Konata
Check the kitchen out for what sort of stuff was disturbed during the night
Giffany
Hello, everyone! Last night, I found a "Boatkeeper Journal". This is most interesting. I hope we can find Boatkeeper and return their journal to them! Would anybody like to see my "Boatkeeper Journal"?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:47 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check the cleaning supplies in the Boiler Room. Any chemicals missing? Take stock of the Chem Lab, too.

Does the laptop in the Meeting Room have a DVD drive? And can anybody tell me if any DVDs in it went missing?
And check the Whisper Valley Archives for any more of that anime that blue haired high schooler was talking about. Especially if it's on DVD.
Oh, Spooks, how does the CCTV system work? It ain't conventional, but it's plausible for the storage medium to be DVDs as well.
You check the Boiler Room's cleaning supplies. They are mostly intact, save for one bottle of bleach, which is half empty - everyone's favorite!

You check the Whisper Valley Archives for more anime. It looks like there are a few old movies and shows on DVD and VHS that were salvaged from the old town, as well as some archival footage, but nothing from after 2008. It's all intact though, outside of Konata's Death Note.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:50 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Is there any bladed weapons in the armory that might have made the cut?
You check the Armory. There are some swords and combat knives, but they all look too big and brutal to have caused such a fine cut.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:17 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: (A Golden Canine... how... wonderful...)

[Image: VerFT18.png]

All my life living in a doggie dog world, and I am finally graced with the presence of a true scholar. Is that wise pooch still in the lobby? I have to inspect its health.

...Also, it seems fortuitous to make sure it has a healthy meal. A hungry dog is a sad dog, after all. Let's cook the little guy some turkey and rice, and see how he takes to it.
You take a look in the Facility Lobby. A Labrador Retriever is sitting by the front desk, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He sees you approaching and plods over to you, taking a seat at your feet.

[Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

You inspect him, and he seems to be quite healthy, although a bit old. Nothing about him seems out of the ordinary, though he does know how to shake a paw. You pat him on the head, before leaving to the Kitchen.

You prepare some turkey and rice, then return to the dog. Placing a bowl down in front of him, he begins to eat, tail wagging in the air.

[Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

You nod, his sage wisdom being much appreciated.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:35 PM)Columbo Wrote: So how does 3550's containment room work, exactly? Can the dog, I'm assuming it's dog-like, just go out the door if somebody leaves it open? No cage or kennel or leash or nothin'?
Oh, Lyra, you're our local Anomaly expert, right? Could Goose have existed simultaneously with itself? Would doors still open and close while it was going around?
You check BPI-3550's containment room, ignoring the fucked up goose body. In the other corner, there is a bed and some dog toys, though they are largely unblemished by the crime. The dog freely follows you in and out of the room.

You check the room's label...

Code:
BPI-3550 [Underground Lab]
[ACCESS LEVEL: I]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]
[DESCRIPTION]: An ordinary-looking Labrador Retriever.

[INFORMATION]: Unavailable

Neat.

You then ask Lyra about Goose's role...

[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

BPI-2222, huh? We never had that one in containment here, but I've heard a thing or too. Didn't expect it to be a goose, but that's Anomalies for ya!

Chances are he probably could've existed alongside himself, but his power is random, so it wouldn't exactly be easy to coordinate. If it happened, it would've had to be luck.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:44 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: Check the Decontamination Room and its log.
You check the Decontamination room. Untouched again. You expected this to see more use, honestly.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:03 PM)Lita Wrote: Body check Phenera fully.
You body check Phenera. Her head is quite badly bruised in various ways, and she smells slightly of fish, though it is fading now. She has a bulletproof vest, a shotgun, and a zipped up gym bag.
DxHustler3000
(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:36 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You body check Phenera. Her head is quite badly bruised in various ways, and she smells slightly of fish, though it is fading now. She has a bulletproof vest, a shotgun, and a zipped up gym bag.

Unzip the bag. Just to be sure.
Indiana Jones (Old)
Is there a typewriter and some paper on the writing desk in the boathouse? If so, can we type up short note to compare font and/or paper style to the note found on the corpse?
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Good morn fellow humans! I hope everyone had a good night's hibernation and is well rested and ready to find the "sus" murderer lying in wait "among us" as the human larvae say!
I was subject to a great tragedy during my night, but I won't let that put me down!

When I woke up, I first went to the Cafeteria to get myself a bite to eat.
While I was sitting down to eat a nice juicy double cheeseburger, Tinkaton arrived, carrying a birthday cake and with Nancy and BPI-2300 in tow behind them.
Tinkaton and Nancy left through the Decontamination room, leaving BPI-2300 behind.
I grabbed a knife and a cup for use in a religious ritual later in my night, and then talked with BPI-2300 for a while.
BPI-2300 left through the Geology Lab, and I headed out the other way.
As I was leaving the Waiting Room, I was subject to a classic human prank!
A mysterious person ran by and stabbed my in my arm before running away laughing!
PERHAPS I SHALL FEAST ON THEIR FLESH NEXT
Being the recipient of this classic prank, all I could do was laugh it off and go about the rest of my night!
Next stop, the Chapel!
Pea was here, doing what I can only assume was a ritual of his own, though it involved a lot more looking around the place and hitting the windows than mine!
I took the cup from earlier and filled it with holy water, then placed it on the altar.
I then began the ritual, one passed down to me by my family.
I started to pray to God, and while I was praying I cut my palm with the knife, letting the blood pour into the cup.
After praying, I took a sip of the bloody water to cleanse my body and soul.
It however isn't a very pleasant flavor to me, so I went to wash it down with a swig from the bottomless beer bottle.
But then the most unfortunate thing that could be happened.
The bottle wasn't filled with pleasant good tasting beer.
It was filled with vinegar!
Disappointed, I spat it out.
I offered Pea a sip of the holy liquid, but he just left in response. How rude! I understand not wanting to participate in others rituals but you can at least politely decline!
I then left the knife on the altar, and departed to join DXHustler's seminar.
I will save some time and allow others to describe the events of the seminar.
After the seminar, I stayed around in the Museum Hall for a bit, where I noticed that quite a few things were missing!
With my historical artifact viewing entertainment ruined by the missing items and shattered glass in the Hall, I left back to the Cafeteria to pick up another snack for later.
On the way there I passed through the Sleep Lab, where Ciel, Konata, Jack of Spades, and Lily were. Lily was unconscious, Konata and Jack of Spades were either sleeping or trying to sleep, and Ciel was observing.
In the Cafeteria, I grabbed myself a bag of chips. While I was there, I noticed a broken bottle of chloroform on the floor.
I then went back to the dorm to rest for the night.
Columbo
Thoroughly search Goose's room. I wanna know what that bird was hiding.
Compare the missing chemicals to the stuff Goose is full of. Bleach from the Boiler Room, premptively anything that would be missing in the Chem Lab.
Speaking of chemicals, are the burns looking like it was just drinking that stuff, before its stomach was sliced open?

Would a box cutter or something like that fit the wound? Any of those lying around the Recieving Bay?
Anywhere proper to hide in 3550's room, if you were waiting to ambush somebody?
Izumi Konata
Does the liquid in Goose'e stomach look like/smell like bleach
Izumi Konata
Oh, also look around the containment cell for 3550 for anything that might have been hidden after the kill, like a weapon or whatever
Lita
Also compare Goose's chemicals to the chloroform Smithy mentioned finding
Phenera
[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseUpdatedAngry_yxkiuz.png]

A lingering aroma - distinctly rancid - clings to the supposed intern as they shuffle forward on wobbling legs, tilting back and forth, at times top-heavy and at others struggling to even drag a leg forward.

Their eyes
- all of their eyes - fix their gaze upon one point, or, rather, upon one man. From somewhere within their body, a gurgling arises, but no longer does the noise emanating from them stop at the indistinct, garbled noise. No, as they hand over the file folder tightly clutched to their personage, they… speak. Haltingly, in an uncertain, staccato tone, as one might when first introduced to the idea that words upon a page can be translated into sound, yes, but it is, for all its roughness, unmistakably speech.

Nil...es... Crane.... Rude. Disr...upt...ive. Unco-co-coop...erative.

Sub-mee- Sub-mit-ing report.

P.H.ENERA - BPI DESIGNEE: CLASSIFIED - NIGHTLY REPORT # 2

How relieving to have kind co-workers! After we made an embarrassment of ourselves last night, Agent Konata gave us a second chance and invited us to participate in a study in the Sleep Lab! Allegedly, agents regularly have vivid-but-confusing sensory experiences while sleeping, but we haven't experienced these dreams. Tonight, we finally dream! We'll need to document all of it! Who knows when a learning experience like this will come again?

The Sleep Lab experiment was scheduled for the end of the night, but that meant there was time to fit in other work tonight! It's like the employee handbook says. When working with anomalies, to idle is suicidal! After spending time with Lyra last night, we realized just how busy the research here keeps her. She has so much demanding her attention! Her expertise should be saved for the most important and complicated research, so we took the job of gathering data on a blue threat level anomaly for her!

We needed paper before we could begin, so we hurried to the Lobby. On our way, we saw Spooks in the Anomaly Hall. While we gathered paper in the Lobby, Agent Jones wandered around, confused and frustrated. Should we have brought him something to drink?

Well, we didn't have time to ask him questions, because we had to get downstairs to the Leisure Center and gather equipment. The facility is so generous in providing for its employees; we had to get a bag to carry all of it up the stairs! As we went back upstairs, we overheard someone walking into the Leisure Center from the east. If they were the one who let BPI-3550 out… we won't be reprimanded for failing to apprehend them… right?

We made it up the stairs, and saw Agent Smithy walking into the Chapel before we went into BPI-2610's room. DXHustler was in here for their seminar, but we thought we could finish our work before it started, so we began experimenting…

…until Niles Crane interrupted the experiment! We were attacked with an umbrella! We're not authorized to shoot threats, so all we could do was swing the shotgun Agent Dodo gave us as a gift, but then a masked figure in red robes entered and began attacking with a crowbar and another shotgun! Niles hit us again, and everything went dark…

When we came to, we thought we might be running late again, so we hurried out of the room! Agent Riki, Tinkaton, and DXHustler, sorry about leaving so quickly! Niles Crane was there to see us leave too.

We passed Dexter as we were going back to the Lobby. He was close to the Boiler Room. If he doesn't have a role here, should he be assigned to maintenance? Or is that a task we should handle…?

There wasn't any time to waste on questions like that, so we hurried to the elevator and went down to the Facility Lobby. On our way through, we found BPI-3550! We froze at first. We've trained for breaches! Proper protocol is an evacuation of the area the breached anomaly is found! Except… there wasn't anyone to evacuate, so we didn't know what to do. But BPI-3550 was very well-behaved and polite! It's not possible that… could some anomalies be… friendly and cooperative?

We were left thinking about the possibility as we searched the Lab Passage, Killing Game Lab, and Anomaly Lab for Lyra. If anyone knew, she would! Oh, and we still had to submit our report to her!

But when we went into the Anomaly Lab everything went wrong again. An office chair came flying at us, and everything went dark again…

Dr. Lyra helped rouse us later, and we handed off our report to her. The work may not be as good as she could have done, but if it helps her, we'd do it again and again! After giving her the report, we had to race to make it to the Sleep Lab before the night ended! We were running so late, and after Agent Konata was already being so gracious giving us a second chance! It was dizzying! Everything was threatening to go dark again until we made it.

When we reached the Sleep Lab, Agent Lily was on the floor passed out with Agent Ciel beside her. Agent Konata and Dr. Jack looked so disappointed. We carried out the experiment, and it was successful, but…

…after how lackluster our performance has been, there's no way we're on track to get offered a job as a real agent. If we can't be a part of the Bureau, what can we even do?

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

(...) (...sorry, Agent Konata, Dr. Jack) (...)
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite