Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:47 AM)Columbo Wrote: Oh, Spooks, how does the CCTV system work? It ain't conventional, but it's plausible for the storage medium to be DVDs as well.
[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

This facility's CCTV systems are saved primarily on hard drives, however it is possible to burn footage onto DVDs for the purpose of transportation and later viewing.

Those DVDs are blank and unlabeled, they do not resemble the DVD shards found in the victim's throat, which appear to not fit those parameters by means of being labeled. I apologize for the inconvenience.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:45 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:36 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You body check Phenera. Her head is quite badly bruised in various ways, and she smells slightly of fish, though it is fading now. She has a bulletproof vest, a shotgun, and a zipped up gym bag.

Unzip the bag. Just to be sure.
You unzip the gym bag. Looks like a lot of gym equipment. Some jump ropes, some balls, and a scale. Nothing that wouldn't really belong in a gym bag.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:26 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Is there a typewriter and some paper on the writing desk in the boathouse? If so, can we type up short note to compare font and/or paper style to the note found on the corpse?
The Boathouse does contain paper, but not a typewriter of any sort. The page on the corpse appears to have been torn from an old book, and not freshly written.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 6:54 PM)Columbo Wrote: Thoroughly search Goose's room. I wanna know what that bird was hiding.
Compare the missing chemicals to the stuff Goose is full of. Bleach from the Boiler Room, premptively anything that would be missing in the Chem Lab.
Speaking of chemicals, are the burns looking like it was just drinking that stuff, before its stomach was sliced open?

Would a box cutter or something like that fit the wound? Any of those lying around the Recieving Bay?
Anywhere proper to hide in 3550's room, if you were waiting to ambush somebody?
You search Goose's room. It doesn't appear overly disturbed, though under his bed are a couple items. You search underneath, and pull out a medieval zweihander, as well as an opened Santa present. The gift box contains some sort of strange black crystal, though it appears to be an extremely cheaply made glass replica of something else, complete with a MADE IN CHINA sticker.

You compare Goose's gross-ass stomach juice to the bleach. It does actually appear to match the bleach, and it seems like the bleach was mixed with one other liquid. The chemicals missing from the Chem Lab appear to be the following:

• Cholorform
  • Cyanide
  • Arsenic
  • Strychnine

None of them are remotely close to the stomach liquid.

You check the Receiving Bay for a Box Cutter, and find several among the boxes. It looks like a pretty common item in here. You compare the blade to the wound, and find it to be an extremely close match. It is unlikely that you will be able to determine exactly what caused the wound due to the chemical burns, however.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:16 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Does the liquid in Goose'e stomach look like/smell like bleach
It does, but also like something acidic.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:17 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Oh, also look around the containment cell for 3550 for anything that might have been hidden after the kill, like a weapon or whatever
You look around 3550's containment cell, for hiding places for people and weapons both. You... suppose that someone could hide behind the dog bed if they lifted it up onto its side, but it would be pretty obvious that something was up.

You do find an old rag under the bed though.
Columbo
Anything special about that old rag? Give it a careful whiff, just in case that something special is chloroform.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:36 PM)Columbo Wrote: Anything special about that old rag? Give it a careful whiff, just in case that something special is chloroform.
Nah, just a rag. Smells a bit like dishwater, but its not wet. A bit crusty, maybe.
Izumi Konata
Is the acidic competent just stomach acid, or could it be vinegar?
Phenera
Can we take some of our leftover bleach, scoop up some of Goose's stomach acid, and check if combining them produces chlorine gas or see if perhaps an additional acid would be needed?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Columbo
Hey, did anything get pulled out of the Elevator Shaft by our gracious Killing Game host? You wouldn't break the spirit by leaving anything related to this murder down there, would you?
Columbo
While I'm at it, Nancy, does this rag belong to this dog? Just being thorough for my report.
Regardless, I'll try to match it to ones I'd expect in the Kitchen. Also take a good around for evidence of Izumi making fries, and looking for any missing cleaners or other chemicals... Vinegar, too.
In fact, I'd like to do some quick chemistry, vinegar and bleach. See what kind of liquid it makes compared to Goose's.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:34 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton presents the newspaper clipping she found in the archives.
You present your newspaper clipping.

Quote:
Whisper Valley Times - “Arthur’s Weird Mysteries” (Jan 4th, 1999)
By Arthur Langley

Despite what you may think, there's more than meets the eye to our town. For generations, there's been talk about the woods over by the Historical Society. Impossible to navigate, they say. Haunted by the "Lantern Man". But after we asked for personal accounts last week, we've received all sorts of letters from our readers about their experiences in the so-called "Black Forest"- here's what we learned from our favorites:

Gary Elm, 44, wrote in with a story from his grandfather, who worked in the Whisper Valley Mining Project. Apparently, his ol' grandpa used to go for walks in those woods during his lunch break, and apparently came across a circle of mushrooms one time. After stepping into the middle... he found himself in the Historical Society! He tried it again, retracing his steps, and ended up back in the mines! Talk about wild, right? He would always tell little Gary: North, West, East, North, West, South, that's how you find the "fairy circle" - but watch out for the Lantern Man!

Dan Berrymore, 32, wrote in as well, but with a personal experience this time! He too, went out for a walk in the woods after having a little too much to drink, but instead of a magic fairy circle, he said he came across a great rift in the ground, extending god knows how deep. According to his story, he was hearing whispers from deep within, but he didn't dare approach. He ran back, as fast he could, and wound up right in the middle of a kid's birthday party right out the back of the Historical Society. I dunno about you guys, but I've seen Dan getting kicked outta every bar in town - so you can choose to believe what you will.

Just goes to show you though. There's a little bit of mystery around every corner, in this little town called Whisper Valley.
Columbo
A little bird told me the Containment Room doors close automatically, but how long do they take to do that after they've been opened?
Columbo
Following my theory to its conclusion, does the blood splatter look like Goose was standing up, or on the ground when it was gutted? And for my notes, is there any sign of the chemical mess in any of the blood splatter around the room?
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:35 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I guess, also show off my own newspaper clippings I got from the archive.
You present your newspaper clipping...

Quote:
Whisper Valley Times - “Serial Killer Still At Large” (September 9th, 2008)

Yesterday, the fourth body since the killings began in June of this year was discovered in the bathroom stall at Rusty's Pub & Grill, a popular establishment in the southeast quadrant of Whisper Valley. While details have not been released on the identity of the victim, authorities have mentioned that it is indeed connected to the rest of the killings that have occurred over the past several months, citing a recurring symbol that appears to have been carved into several of the bodies with a blade.

Agent Simon Sinclair of the FBI Special Investigations Unit has given the following statement on the murder investigation as the body count continues to rise, despite the best efforts of the authorities:

"While we haven't yet identified the killer, we've managed to de-confirm several key suspects, and track a consistent pattern across the murders. The killer doesn't seem to be choosing their victims based on any notable traits or personal connections or location, with the murders occurring across the town at large. We believe there may be an occult aspect to the murders, with the killer's signature carvings resembling an unknown sigil or esoteric icon of some sort. Currently, we are working with a civilian consultant to determine the origin and significance of this symbol.

Citizens are urged to be cautious when alone in public places after the hour of 6 PM, and stay alert regardless of their perceived safety. I promise you, we WILL bring this criminal to justice, and we WILL restore light to this town, that has so far spent the last several months in the deepest darkness because of this individual's actions."

Rusty's Pub & Grill will remain open to the public, though hours of operation have been reduced to 11 AM - 10 PM.

There is text written on the back as well, though in what looks to be permanent marker...

SYMBOL FILE REFERENCE NUMBER: 37-B [RESTRICTED FILES]
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:46 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Is the acidic competent just stomach acid, or could it be vinegar?
You are free to test this theory by mixing bleach and vinegar, though there is clearly too much liquid for it to just be Goose's stomach acid.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:47 PM)Phenera Wrote: Can we take some of our leftover bleach, scoop up some of Goose's stomach acid, and check if combining them produces chlorine gas or see if perhaps an additional acid would be needed?
You are sadly unable to scoop up just Goose's stomach acid, as his guts have been sliced open and all of it has been spilled onto the ground, mingled with the other substance.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 7:50 PM)Columbo Wrote: Hey, did anything get pulled out of the Elevator Shaft by our gracious Killing Game host? You wouldn't break the spirit by leaving anything related to this murder down there, would you?
[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

How clever you are. Very well, I shall comply with your demands.

You stand by the Elevator Shaft as your "gracious host" raises an arm. A single bedsheet comes rising out of the shaft, with an extraordinarily realistic drawing of Agent Liz Grayson - albeit in much better shape than her corpse - painted on it. It is so realistic that you are convinced it would have looked 100% like a living breathing person to anyone who looked at it, had you not just seen it rise out of the shaft on a sheet.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:00 PM)Columbo Wrote: While I'm at it, Nancy, does this rag belong to this dog? Just being thorough for my report.
Regardless, I'll try to match it to ones I'd expect in the Kitchen. Also take a good around for evidence of Izumi making fries, and looking for any missing cleaners or other chemicals... Vinegar, too.
In fact, I'd like to do some quick chemistry, vinegar and bleach. See what kind of liquid it makes compared to Goose's.
[Image: sololady_t6drsl.png]

Actually... I don't know where that came from. We wash 3550 from time to time, and he has plenty of toys to keep him happy, but I've never seen that rag before in any of our containment rooms.

You check the Kitchen for the rag, thanking her for her input. There are many rags in the Kitchen, and this looks just like them. There are no missing cleaning solutions, but there is a missing bottle of water and one of the jugs of Vinegar is missing a sizeable amount.

There is a cutting board with what looks like small pieces of potato stuck to it, as well as splashes of oil around the deep fryer.

You take the Vinegar and mix it with the Bleach. It creates a noxious, burning gas, and you quickly run out of the room, waiting until it settles. The resulting liquid is almost identical to the Goose Juice.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:03 PM)Columbo Wrote: A little bird told me the Containment Room doors close automatically, but how long do they take to do that after they've been opened?
You walk through the Containment Room doors, specifically 3550's. They close after a couple seconds, but not immediately.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:12 PM)Columbo Wrote: Following my theory to its conclusion, does the blood splatter look like Goose was standing up, or on the ground when it was gutted? And for my notes, is there any sign of the chemical mess in any of the blood splatter around the room?
The blood splatter is hard to really determine that much from, but it does look as though he would have had to be standing up, or at least not lying or sitting on the ground. The chemical mess is mostly localized to around the body though, and is not splattered like the blood at all. It's more like it poured out of him.
Lita
I take a gulp from the bottomless beer bottle BPI. What do I taste?
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:53 PM)Lita Wrote: I take a gulp from the bottomless beer bottle BPI. What do I taste?
You take a drink from the Bottomless Beer Bottle after Jonsohn Smithy passes it to you. You immediately spit it out, your face souring at the taste. It's vinegar alright.

You turn it upside down and pour it out. It endlessly seems to pour out... more vinegar. It's bottomless alright, but it ain't beer.
Columbo
I'll just take a shot in the dark. I'll walk around the open floor space, shuffling my feet to see if I kick up any invisible cloaks. I'll run my hand along the wall too, in case I can pull something off it. Keep this procedure in mind, we might be checking a lotta rooms like this.
Izumi Konata
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:33 PM)Spooks? Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:35 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I guess, also show off my own newspaper clippings I got from the archive.

Quote:

Yesterday, the fourth body since the killings began in June of this year was discovered in the bathroom stall at Rusty's Pub & Grill, a popular establishment in the southeast quadrant of Whisper Valley. While details have not been released on the identity of the victim, authorities have mentioned that it is indeed connected to the rest of the killings that have occurred over the past several months, citing a recurring symbol that appears to have been carved into several of the bodies with a blade.

Agent Simon Sinclair of the FBI Special Investigations Unit has given the following statement on the murder investigation as the body count continues to rise, despite the best efforts of the authorities:

"While we haven't yet identified the killer, we've managed to de-confirm several key suspects, and track a consistent pattern across the murders. The killer doesn't seem to be choosing their victims based on any notable traits or personal connections or location, with the murders occurring across the town at large. We believe there may be an occult aspect to the murders, with the killer's signature carvings resembling an unknown sigil or esoteric icon of some sort. Currently, we are working with a civilian consultant to determine the origin and significance of this symbol.

Citizens are urged to be cautious when alone in public places after the hour of 6 PM, and stay alert regardless of their perceived safety. I promise you, we WILL bring this criminal to justice, and we WILL restore light to this town, that has so far spent the last several months in the deepest darkness because of this individual's actions."

Rusty's Pub & Grill will remain open to the public, though hours of operation have been reduced to 11 AM - 10 PM.

There is text written on the back as well, though in what looks to be permanent marker...

Check out the classified files room for that reference number?
Columbo
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:48 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You take the Vinegar and mix it with the Bleach. It creates a noxious, burning gas, and you quickly run out of the room, waiting until it settles. The resulting liquid is almost identical to the Goose Juice.
Would the stomach acid make up for the difference? I'm sure we can find a volunteer to source some.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:00 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:33 PM)Spooks? Wrote:

Quote:

Check out the classified files room for that reference number?
You check Classified Files... It appears as though someone has already taken this file, probably either tonight or last night too - judging by the disruptions in the dust coating some of the other files.
Lita
I grab a water bottle and mix it in with the Bottomless Vinebeer Bottle. Then I (sigh) take another drink from it and pour it out. Does anything change?
Dodo
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:56 PM)Columbo Wrote: I'll just take a shot in the dark. I'll walk around the open floor space, shuffling my feet to see if I kick up any invisible cloaks. I'll run my hand along the wall too, in case I can pull something off it. Keep this procedure in mind, we might be checking a lotta rooms like this.

If I can procure a black light from somewhere like the security office (it's useful as an investigative tool, so maybe this facility has one on hand), I'll follow Columbo around and use it to make the search more expedient. Black light reacts to like a billion different things, so maybe the cloak is covered in bodily fluids has something reactive quality to it.