Rookie Journalist

[Image: 4044cc69aa2cfac8acd4a45ba9210200f765bb96.pnj]

Good afternoon! I can't believe someone would kill a poor goose!
(Well I guess I can, that happens pretty often... but y'know.)

I remember when I was helping on a show a few years back we went to Minnesota for the hunting season there!
Though the only person here who I know who was born in Minnesota is ...the very suspicious... Trip!

[Image: 29060d85dd92c0a36a81c7fc217dbfc834eddd38.pnj]

SPEAKING OF TRIP... According to my sources did you guys know that Trip has a younger sister, and spent his childhood moving around frequently from place to place! Perhaps all the new towns is what encouraged his love for exploring 'haunted' places, while spending his off time enjoying the local arcades! Though for more information on Trip you will just need to tune in next time~!

[Image: c0d15bb31eb0c2e5ef648eef169954df0b8c7e93.pnj]

A-N-Y-W-A-Y-S WHAT A NIGHT. I figured I'd check out and the scoop on the DXHustler event!

As I entered the room I was graced with the sight of A Goose with a shotgun fighting off a Figure wearing Cultist Robes, and a strange metal mask and Dr. Niles Crane

I didn't realize it would be such a ... wild event. I chat with the host DXHustler to see when the event was to start. but it seemed like everything was running behind schedule...Since I wasn't sure when the event would begin, I figured I'd move on with my night wishing DXHustler luck with everything.

Before I leave I watch the end of the fight seeing Niles Crane knock the goose off the stairs like a golf ball, only to be knocked off himself by a crowbar via the Figure wearing Cultist Robes, and a strange metal mask.

We watch as the Figure wearing Cultist Robes, and a strange metal mask stands the victor and walks by me and DXHustler Honking once before leaving...

[Image: f79664155eafbdbbd700f26789e86386b8f608b1.pnj]

It seems like the mysterious figure wearing Cultist Robes, and a strange metal mask should have been Goose...
but then who did I see fighting Niles Crane ?

As I leave the event I follow the figure wearing Cultist Robes, and a strange metal mask out of the room and into the hall, but as I enter the hall they appear to already be gone.... Instead I see a Jack of Spades opening a display case with the smoking pipe in it, and Indiana Jones (old) rummaging through another display.

[Image: 260c00db1cd335c92a62dd69b1332e2f0e51edae.pnj]

From here I face the rain! My sources mentioned something exciting going on down by the docks so I was curious to see what might be going on!!

As I walk I see a figure standing in the treeline wearing a big hat - I move to see who is is when A unrecognizable jackass runs up behind me and STAB me. What is going on with people today!!!! I make my way to the lake, hearing a Zap from the forest as I leave.

Down by the boathouse, I see my new friend Dexter watching the water soaking wet in the rain. I watch as the rain pours into the ginger ale cup he continues to sip on, and offer him a spot with me under my umbrella.

We chat while watching Morgan unlock the door to the boathouse. Someone else enters behind them and we see a Indiana Jones (old) show up for a bit also.

After this we get cold and so I offer to take Dexter inside. Inside he pops his head into the seminar mentioning its just a bunch of chanting and stair walking, so perhaps I made the right choice to leave early.... as my stab wound started to ache I part ways with Dexter, and pass Morgan walking up the stairs and heading to the sleep lap.

[Image: 2246a6af53f0e3909922486aaa39a5808d6d0863.pnj]
As I made my way downstairs I see Nashu in the locker room, they head out in a bit of a hurry so I may take a quick little peak around the room before heading to bed myself.

Lily
Tonight I had a master plan.
Step 1: Head outside from my dorm to go inside the main building. There's people at the boathouse and lake outside (I do not see who), but this is irrelevant. I am going inside.
Step 2: Get a hammer. I head inside through the Sleep Lab and head straight for the boiler room with my eyes on the prize. There's chanting in the BPI 2610 room, but this is irrelevant. I am getting a hammer.
Step 3: Break into the boathouse. I exit the building via the Sleep Lab, and head for the boathouse, passing Jack of Spades who is... leaving the boathouse. As it turns out somebody already opened it, normally. This does not disuade me however, and my master plan continues.
Step 4: Get gasoline. Someone seems to have left on the lights and taken something book shaped from the boathouse based on the dust, but this is irrelevant. I grab a red can of gasoline and leave.
Step 5: Go back outside. A boat with a bunch of people arrives as I do so. Once again I'm headed straight for the Sleep Lab, following Morgan who was on the boat.
Step 6: Cover the Sleep Lab in gasoline. Once I get in I see Jack of Spades on a bed, while Morgan heads for the museum hall. I uncap the can and start pouring.
Step 7: Burn the Sleep Lab down and hopefully kill whoever is in it. Sadly this part of my plan never happens as Ciel decides to just enter the Sleep Lab and then punch me! I assume the people are still upset at my NFTs from the previous night. I fall unconscious for the second night in a row.
My master plan may have failed tonight, but watch out! I will kill someone here any moment! (preferably while no-one is watching).
Columbo
Running down my theory, would it be as simple as propping up an unconscious Goose to get splatter like the crime scene?
Also, check the Cafeteria for rags too. And that chloroform bottle that's apparently in there?

Actually, real quick, could you strangle somebody with that rag we found?
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Check the library for a copy of the King in Yellow (or any missing books)
While I'm here, does the library carry any DVDs?
Pea
Figured I'd help out for once. I'll tell you guys what I did last night.

I used my umbrella to go from my dorm to the Chapel, where I spent most of my night at. I was investigating it for sus things, cause chapels are sus. You know how it goes. Found a few little interesting things, but nothing substantial. First person, or thing, that I saw enter the Chapel at that time was Goose, who ripped off a piece of cloth and left with a honk. It wore a mask.

Next up, Jonsohn Smithy came up and defiled the chapel by slashing himself and pouring blood on a cup filled with holy water. He took a sip and washed it with beer, for some reason. I figured it'd suck, cause he spat it out afterwards.

I then went to the Stairway to Heaven for the meeting, which was irrelevant and I was about to doze off, so I left. Bradimir popped in right when I left. I headed for the dorms when I spotted Revy and Jack of Spades heading for the lake (from the south).

That was my night, and so I got two questions:

One: Can we examine the cup Jonsohn used in the chapel?
Two: 23, can you tell me what you found in Liturgical Studies?
Izumi Konata
is there a DVD player in the meeting room?
Spooks?

[Image: ugh_mkpldb.png]

Alright, first of all - where'd everyone get the umbrellas? Y'know, thought I'd take a walk over to the lake, watch some boating accidents - and I mean I did, but... ugh. When I heard "Rain" I thought it'd be normal fucking rain, not a Florida monsoon.

Well, whatever. At the end of the day, doesn't matter. I did see more than a fat bird taking a dump though, so I guess I'm obligated to testify.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Not like I'll be a suspect anyway though - I'll have you know that unlike our last night in this dump, I was very popular. What can I say? I'm famous, after all.

[Image: yeah_gtgc2c.png]

As per usual, started off in the Lounge. Cable wasn't giving me anything good to watch though, just a bunch of sports and reruns of old-ass movies. Well, they've got ginger ale on tap, at least. Guess I can't complain too much though. After that weird pink thing came in though - I was out. Headed upstairs, figured people were gonna be taking that boat out onto the lake.

I was kinda curious, about whatever was out there. Not the lake monster or whatever, but that island with the building on it. Didn't expect the rain to suck mondo dick, but maybe that's my fault. Seems like nearly everyone else had an umbrella though, so fuck me I guess. I was standing out there mostly alone, when that reporter lady showed up, offered me her umbrella. Rain was watering down my ginger ale, so I appreciate it well enough.

[Image: huh_sej3kc.png]

Seeing as how it was deader than dirt out there, we headed back inside for a bit through the Sleep Lab. Was kind of curious to see what the Hustler was up to anyway, so I popped in for a bit to see what was up. Been waiting days for the "Bird Fight", but I guess that's not happening now. I dunno, maybe they can sub in that dog from downstairs.

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Looked into 2610 for a bit, but it was just Hustler and their latest batch of suckers walking up those stairs and chanting some shit. Not really my scene, so I headed out. Dr. Crane was smart enough to follow me, and we had a chat about the paranormal, my past experiences. Honestly, thought he'd be a stick in the mud, but he's an alright guy. I headed back outside though, figured I'd brave the rain for a bit of entertainment. Once you're already soaking wet, it's not like being wetter is a thing that can happen.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Over by the Boathouse, a bunch of people were rummaging around inside. Dunno how they got in, but it's above my pay grade. And my attention span. Had a talk with Alan Wake in the meantime though, about our talk show experiences and stuff.

Always nice to meet a fellow celebrity.

Anyway, the people in the Boathouse headed out. Morgan, Indiana Jones... Uh... Giffany, I think. They piled into the boat with Wake, joined by Ciel, who was looking at that red pipe by the lake, and Momoyo. They all headed off onto the lake, and Lyra from the science team showed up.

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Didn't share her umbrella though! Yeah, real cool!

[Image: well_ytjhuq.png]

Well, I was curious about the building on the lake and shit, so we talked anyway. Pea showed up too, and we all talked with him for a bit. Lots of talking, makes me feel like I'm on Late Night, Tonight all over again. I did get what I wanted though, saw some crazy shit out on the lake. Some big diving suit guy pulled himself onto the boat, and whacked one of 'em off. Lake monster dragged them both in too. Really wild stuff. Revy showed up though, and that was my cue to head out. I went back inside through the Waiting Room, and headed downstairs.

Spent the rest of my night in the Lounge. It was quiet, for the most part. Again though - dead guy's a goose. Can't exactly bring myself to care much.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:56 PM)Columbo Wrote: I'll just take a shot in the dark. I'll walk around the open floor space, shuffling my feet to see if I kick up any invisible cloaks. I'll run my hand along the wall too, in case I can pull something off it. Keep this procedure in mind, we might be checking a lotta rooms like this.
You shuffle around BPI-3550's containment cell, running your hands along the walls. You don't kick up anything besides some dog har.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:01 PM)Columbo Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:48 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You take the Vinegar and mix it with the Bleach. It creates a noxious, burning gas, and you quickly run out of the room, waiting until it settles. The resulting liquid is almost identical to the Goose Juice.
Would the stomach acid make up for the difference? I'm sure we can find a volunteer to source some.
With the mixture in hand, you approach Riki and sock him in the gut. He throws up into the mixture. It is now basically identical to the Goose Juice.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:04 PM)Lita Wrote: I grab a water bottle and mix it in with the Bottomless Vinebeer Bottle. Then I (sigh) take another drink from it and pour it out. Does anything change?
You take a water bottle from the Kitchen and pour it into Smithy's bottomless beer. You take a swig from it, and promptly spit it out again. It tastes like slightly watered down vinegar, but quickly returns to full vinegar flavor. Pouring it out, you find it to be still vinegar.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:10 PM)Dodo Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 8:56 PM)Columbo Wrote: I'll just take a shot in the dark. I'll walk around the open floor space, shuffling my feet to see if I kick up any invisible cloaks. I'll run my hand along the wall too, in case I can pull something off it. Keep this procedure in mind, we might be checking a lotta rooms like this.

If I can procure a black light from somewhere like the security office (it's useful as an investigative tool, so maybe this facility has one on hand), I'll follow Columbo around and use it to make the search more expedient. Black light reacts to like a billion different things, so maybe the cloak is covered in bodily fluids has something reactive quality to it.
You shine a black light around 3550's containment cell as Columbo searches, after procuring one from the Security Office. You do see some glowing, but it appears like it mostly is radiating off of the blood splatter and the stomach contents. There isn't any kind of strange cloak reacting to it, at least.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:18 PM)Columbo Wrote: Running down my theory, would it be as simple as propping up an unconscious Goose to get splatter like the crime scene?
Also, check the Cafeteria for rags too. And that chloroform bottle that's apparently in there?

Actually, real quick, could you strangle somebody with that rag we found?
You try to see if the blood splatter would match if you propped the goose up. It seems like that would... probably work, though not if he was long dead.

You check the Cafeteria for rags. There are no dish rags, but there is a dishwasher and many napkins. A broken bottle of chloroform is lying on the ground though, the liquid long since evaporated. There is a small dent in the wall above it, as though it hit the wall with force.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:31 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Check the library for a copy of the King in Yellow (or any missing books)
The Library, perhaps unsuprisingly, does have a copy of the King in Yellow. There are some missing books, though mostly mystery novels. Some sexy pirate romance novels are sitting next to a stool, having been removed from the shelf as well.

The library has a couple DVDs, though mostly older movies and nonfiction. None have been disturbed.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:41 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: is there a DVD player in the meeting room?
There does not appear to be a DVD player in the meeting room.
(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:11 PM)Spooks? Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:31 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Check the library for a copy of the King in Yellow (or any missing books)
The Library, perhaps unsuprisingly, does have a copy of the King in Yellow. There are some missing books, though mostly mystery novels. Some sexy pirate romance novels are sitting next to a stool, having been removed from the shelf as well.

The library has a couple DVDs, though mostly older movies and nonfiction. None have been disturbed.
Flip through the copy of The King in Yellow, is it missing any pages?
Columbo
Let me ask that better, does the rag match the strangle marks on Goose's neck?
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:14 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:11 PM)Spooks? Wrote:

Flip through the copy of The King in Yellow, is it missing any pages?
You flip through The King in Yellow - it doesn't appear to be missing pages, not is it sullied with a black marker for that matter.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:14 PM)Columbo Wrote: Let me ask that better, does the rag match the strangle marks on Goose's neck?
You attempt to strange Goose with the rag again. It looks as though it lines up perfectly.
Izumi Konata
Maaaybe there's a DVD player in the lounge???
Is the note on the victim double sided, does it have any signs of being torn out from a book, or does it appear to be printed on its own?
Dodo
While everyone is busy with the investigation, I will liberate Pilfered Artifact 2218 from its containment.

I hold it up against the light, weigh it in my hand, bounce and spin it around a bit to test its tether to the physical realm...

...then I smoke it.
Columbo
How long does the noxious gas from the bleach and vinegar combo last? Can we still smell or check for any in at the crime scene?
I'll take a wild check for it in the Boiler Room and the Kitchen, too.
And to further follow this rabbit hole, would a water bottle be a safe enough container for that mixture, especially while it's reacting?
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 9:31 PM)Pea Wrote: One: Can we examine the cup Jonsohn used in the chapel?
You examine Jonsohn Smithy's cup. It looks to be a cheap paper cup, akin to something found in a Cafeteria. It is filled with bloody water...

(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:21 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Maaaybe there's a DVD player in the lounge???
You check the Lounge. The TV has a built-in DVD player, but it is empty.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:25 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Is the note on the victim double sided, does it have any signs of being torn out from a book, or does it appear to be printed on its own?
You flip the King in Yellow page over...

[Image: page2_elosob.png]

...Helpful?

(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:26 PM)Dodo Wrote: While everyone is busy with the investigation, I will liberate Pilfered Artifact 2218 from its containment.

I hold it up against the light, weigh it in my hand, bounce and spin it around a bit to test its tether to the physical realm...

...then I smoke it.
You approach the display case for BPI-2218.

Your feathered fist curls in rage upon the sight - it has been pilfered yet again! The case remains empty, the pipe unsmoked. Who could have done such a thing?
Columbo
Check the rooms of anyone dead or missing for their Christmas presents. Looking for ones DVD box shaped.
...Somebody look up an image of Click on DVD and compare it to the shard, please.
Riki
(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:11 PM)Spooks? Wrote: With the mixture in hand, you approach Riki and sock him in the gut. He throws up into the mixture. It is now basically identical to the Goose Juice.

M-meh... Heropon... Riki... search whole big big facility for special place, maybe have Click DVD... DVD like shards in Dinobeast Goose...? Same blue...?
Columbo
Does that mask Goose is wearing belong in any of the rooms here? The Museum Hall or somewhere similar?
Izumi Konata
Does the restricted archives have any movies? Maybe Click?