Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Oh yeah present the paper I found in the Library last night
Spooks?

[Image: worry_g2kyga.png]

I... interacted with a dead guy. Well, he wasn't dead then but... still...

I... don't really know how to feel about that. But it's okay. Actually... it was pretty early that I saw him. The Goose, I mean. I took a step outside with my umbrella, just to try to get a handle on the weather situation. I was hoping it'd clear up by the end of the night but... Well, it doesn't matter. That's when I saw the Goose. I was kind of worried he was going to trash my stuff, so I headed back inside just in case, but he never actually came into the Observatory.

[Image: oh_zz9chv.png]

I did see Riki though, a bit after that. I... didn't expect the little guy to be so interested in celestial objects, but he sure was curious. We talked for a little bit, but he had places to be. It's too bad - it was too cloudy to actually use my telescope, so I could've used someone to talk to.

At least Konata showed up later. She asked me the other day, if she could borrow a book of mine... I wasn't really sure then, because my dad gave it to me - but with this Killing Game, I... just kind of figured personal possessions shouldn't really be my priority. Besides, I trust her, I think. We talked a little about the stars too, but we got interrupted.

[Image: do-you-mind_o762p4.png]

Pegasus!

What the hell? He ran in here with a jackhammer, and started trying to destroy my floor! Konata and I managed to get him out of there, but not before he caused a bit of damage. I guess it should've been him I was worried about, not that goose...

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

Speaking of though, after Konata left, I saw the goose again. He actually came in this time... but he was surprisingly respectful. He didn't actually say anything to me, not that I... expected him to, but he seemed like he was looking for something. It didn't look like he found it though... so he left too.

I... was kind of getting bored, so I took my umbrella again and took a walk down to the Arboretum.

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png]

I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first when I arrived. I almost thought.... I almost thought I found a dead body. It wasn't though, it was just John FinalfantasyXIV, though someone had... stabbed him. I helped him up, it looked so painful... I made sure he was okay, then went back to the Observatory.

[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

The detective was there, trying to look through the telescope. I don't think he realized that the weather wasn't very helpful in that regard, heh heh.

We... also had a talk, though mostly about Spooks, and some other private stuff. I think it's funny though, how much he seems to be interested in Spooks. I guess with the current situation though... it's hard not to wonder what's going on with his old body.

After he left though... the only visitor I had was Ciel. She's pretty interesting, actually - even if I... don't know much about robotics.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

That was it though. Sorry I don't have much more in the way of useful information. I don't get out very much, and that was before the threat of death was looming overhead..

(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:05 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: @Lyra or @Astrid do either of you have information on the missing mask from Liturgical Study?
@Nancy what can you tell us about the 3550 (dog)?

Well, we had a couple masks in there... But you're right. One seems to be missing. Let's see...

[Image: hmm_emdrha.png]

Oh, that's uh... that's the All-Night Mask. I'm... not super happy that's gone.

No one here ever tried it obviously... But it was some kind of torture device, created by an ancient society. We don't know anything about them as a whole, it's older than most recorded history - but it pries your eyelids open, makes you unable to sleep, or even blink.

...I can't imagine why anyone would even make something like that...

(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:05 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I wanna press the button! I want to see what happens!

Okay, I guess before I get killed by my own curiosity, I'm gonna ask that Astrid thinks about this seal

That... That room. Did it... just come out of nowhere last night?

[Image: wow_stplhi.png]

Somatic... That's one of the seven classifications of magic, though... something like this existing is... I mean, it just shouldn't...

Magic hasn't existed in a distilled form like this for a long time. It's not even something the vast majority of people can even interact with, let alone use to build something like this... This is... incredible.

...I don't know what it's for though - or whether you should turn it off. I wonder if this has anything to with what that... other Spooks was talking about. Hexes and seals....
Columbo
Dumb question, can that dog open the door to his room? Or does somebody have to actually just... let him out?
Spooks?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 1:15 AM)Phenera Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2024 at 1:05 AM)Spooks? Wrote: There does seem to be a dent in the wall. It is kind of long and thin, as though made by a long implement.

Compare a shotgun to the dent visually. Does it look possible for a shotgun to have caused it if hypothetically rammed hard into the wall?
You compare the barrel and butt of a shotgun to the dents. Both are too thick to have made the mark.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 1:42 AM)Columbo Wrote: I ain't exactly forensics, and I'd hate to desecrate a few bodies, but...
Can we test the bleach and vinegar mixture on a few corpses? Force feeding and then cutting the stomach of one, and pouring it directly into the stomach wound of another.
And on another two, same test but causing the reaction inside the corpses.
Compare all those burns to Goose's.
You grab Gus from the Leisure Center, and forcefeed his body the bleach and vinegar mixture before cutting his stomach and letting the caustic mixture spill out. It burns the areas surrounding the mixture. You grab Raregold, slice his stomach, and pour the mixture in. It also burns the wound and surrounding areas, but it doesn't spill out in the same way as it does with Gus and Goose.

You take two more nondescript corpses from the Morgue. You repeat the tests, but you use the bodies to mix the substances. You get the same end result, though you notice that forcefeeding both liquids separately to the corpse and then cutting its stomach after they have mixed and reacted produces less toxic gas due to the body's absorption, and would be far easier to pull off without injuring yourself.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 1:55 AM)Dodo Wrote:
Quote:Jack of Spades — Today at 2:15 AM
Okay, I can let you guys use it if most of you agree on it, but I want it back.

Let's try this again.

I'll borrow the pipe, providing a writ that it will be returned after I've used it.
Then I smoke it.
You promise Jack of Spades that you will return the pipe, and gingerly take it from her hand.

Closing your eyes, you light a match and bring it to the pipe, setting the herbs inside alight. Bringing the pipe to your mouth, you inhale deeply. Despite the smoke's burn, it is a familiar, comforting scent and feeling.

Your eyes snap open, aglow with possibility (and a little red from the smoke).

You have gained the power of Deduction.
Columbo
No living person's gonna have shards of a DVD in their throat like Goose did without choking, right?
Riki
Riki want to ask scary Spooks, grab worst DVD in Library, then pour bleach over. Then, Heropon take second-baddest DVD and pour both bleach and vinegar!

Either close to Dinobeast DVD shards? Riki wondering, which one closer? Dinobeast had DVD, then bleach, then vinegar? Or vinegar, then DVD, then bleach? When Riki think hard about order, head hurt even more than before...
Columbo
For my sanity, could you 'hide' by just standing up against the wall by the door, especially if you're trying to ambush a Goose running in at full speed?
Tinkaton
Tinkaton looks at Goose's body with sadness. Not because he's dead, because she never really got to mess with him. And the other bird still kind of scares her. Oh well. She thinks back to what she did last night..

She woke up and got her umbrella, headed across to the other building, and went downstairs via the cafeteria. She went to the kitchen, seeing Dexter in the lounge, though he immediately left upon noticing her. Coward. She made a cake in the kitchen in Raregold's memory, then left.

Walking over to station 1 she met up with Nancy and 23, the latter of whom WILL team up with her to take down the Crimson Eye whether he wants to or not. The trio went upstairs, and Tinkaton tried to strike up more of a convo with them, which is difficult when you can only say your name.

...Anyone know of a way to translate Pokéspeak?

Once back in the cafeteria, 23 broke away to talk with Jonsohn, who was eating a burger in there, while Tinkaton grabbed a piece of her cake to help Nancy feed 1650. On the way, though, they found Riki unconscious on the ground, covered in blood near 3999?. Why would you even mess with something called bloody face, anyway? The two just moved on and fed the plant before parting ways.

Tinkaton then remembers heading towards the waiting room and meeting back up with Jonsohn again. Since he was on his way to Hustler's sermon too, she decided to follow him. When they arrived, Hustler was of course there, along with Riki who was awake once more. Goose and Niles were both unconscious on the ground here as well; both eventually wake up and Niles stayed behind for the sermon, but the Goose did not.

The sermon happens with little interruption; Dexter briefly popped in at some point before leaving again, but the was about it. At the end Niles decided to start heckling Hustler, but is made to leave. Riki followed him out, and Tinkaton departed shortly after.

She passed through the lobby and then to the archives. On the way she saw Riki talking to Spooks, as well as Revy taking some library books back to the dorms. She then found the clipping she already presented and noticed Columbo by the boiler room with a flashlight, before heading to the chapel to pray. There was some blood on the alter, which made it uncomfortable, so she left quickly.

After yelling on the patio for the moment, she took the elevator back downstairs to duck into the locker rooms. She had hoped to use her little "hammer" to break the combination lock, but it wasn't strong enough. If only she didn't misplace her hammer on the way here. Alas. She DID see a high tech gun in one of the lockers, though. After this she took the elevator back up and went to bed, but not before seeing Goose
leaving his dorms. Weird at the time, but makes more sense now that we know he was a time traveler.

And this is what she'd say if she could talk. Translator, anyone?
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 4:55 PM)Lita Wrote: Present the two files I got from Whisper Valley Archives.
You present the first file, a newspaper article...

Quote:
Whisper Valley Times - “Letters to the Editor” (August 14th, 2008)

Mayor disappoints again
Mayor Stephens was voted in only one year ago, and yet he's already managed to turn our little town into a joke. His soft-on-crime stance has completely ruined the safe home we once had. I mean really, a serial killer of all things? Ask anyone - such a thing was so far in the realms of fantasy before a few months ago that we'd never have even thought it possible. What are we supposed to do if this mess isn't cleaned up by October? The Halloween Festival is the main thing that drives our businesses - the lifeblood of our town! Get him out of here, I say, and bring in someone willing to empower our own police force, not weaken it to the point of needing the FBI to take over for them.

- H. Nelman

Competition desperately needed in the Hotel space
My brother and I have been in town for a few months now, dealing with personal affairs. While I must admit, I'm used to far more upscale vacationing spots than this, the fact that there's only two miserable motels in the entire town is unacceptable. Is this not supposed to be a tourist destination? Are they expected to spend their stay in the campground, or perhaps sleep in the streets with the stray dogs? Both would surely be preferable options to the Whisper Valley Inn, and even that is leagues about the glorified shack they call the Midnight Motel. It's no wonder this town is slowly rotting away, anyone with a dollar to their name would have a more comfortable vacation if they died in the ditch on the highway in.

-R. Wexlyn

Reopen the mines!
My grandfather worked these mines, day in and day out. He was able to build a family off the backs of these mines, and our younger generations don't have that same opportunity. The mines have been sitting closed for damn near a century, and they'll stay closed for damn near another if the town council has anything to say about it. We can't survive off glorified trick-or-treating and urban legends forever - reopen the mines!

- G. Elm
Rookie Journalist
I'm still curious about this note and we need more evidence - can we do a quick check in the following rooms for a copy of 'King in Yellow' ?

- Director's Office (Maybe they have a book case?)
- Killing Game Lab ( Liz had a few books out from before, maybe other books are there?)
- Waiting Room (Maybe someone left a book there?)
- Archaeologist's Office (Has books)
- Boathouse (was there any books here now that it's open?)
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: angy.png]

Another case, huh. How nice it would've been if we'd stuck to killing crimson eye guys. Guess it's a real killing game now that the lovable mascot's showed up.

It's okay, I just have to do as Mr. Godbert said. Twelve watch over me...

The first thing I did last night was look for Miss Nancy and 23 (I wanna call him Beepy, but I guess every anomaly here's a Beepy. That won't do!) Anyway, I had a nice chat with Miss Nancy about pretty normal stuff. Then I went to Counter-Terrorism and picked up a couple of fancy toys that I found here on the previous night.

I used my masterful art skills, some enigma paint, and my bedsheet to make a fake Agent Liz. It was a pretty convincing imitation, if I do say so myself. Then I took the shuttle and made my way to the Geology Lab, where I looked at shiny rocks! Some were missing, though. I also found another map of the Mine Shaft with a couple of rooms labeled that weren't marked on the other one - namely Explosives Storage and Crystal Cave.

Next I popped over to the Archaeologist's Office. The computer was protected with a password and a safe in the room was locked by a three digit code, but I did manage to get my paws on a report I'll show off in a moment.

I swung by BPI-3999?, where I saw poor Riki lying on the ground soaked with blood. He looked alive, at least, so I let him be. I swiped what I came here for: the One-Way Cloak. It was...

[Image: confused.png]

...completely useless! One side being invisible means you can just see through to whatever's underneath it. I expected more, but I guess that's exactly what it says on the tin. I took it anyway and made my way outside with my umbrella.

I had a plan to set up the decoy Liz by the treeline of the Black Forest and wait to see how people would react. If anyone tried to harm her, they might be a Crimson cantalouper! A couple of people passed by, but I couldn't quite tell who they were. Suddenly, someone made a move on Liz with a knife! Halt, ne'er-do-well!

So anyway, I started blasting. The culprit turned out to be Ruby Rose, but it sounds like she was on a violent streak tonight in general, so I doubt this says much about her allegiance. I've included a helpful illustration to convey the scene.

[Image: note-template.png]

Afterward, I cloaked her body and beat a hasty retreat. I ran all the way downstairs and saw the Rookie Journalist as I left the Locker Room - I have a bad history with reporters so I didn't want to stick around, sorry! Then, I ran to the Receiving Bay where I saw the cuuuuutest doggy!

[Image: happy.png]

What a good boy! Too pure for this cruel killing game. He had a shovel with him - I guess it was Mr. Columbo's? I gave him a pat on the head, as he deserved, and tossed Liz into the elevator shaft. The fake one. I heard someone yelling down there as I did - I guess from their perspective, they must've seen Liz diving down to body slam them. Oops.

I started to return to my room, when suddenly a cloaked and masked figure swung a crowbar at the wall right next to me! Thal's balls, what are the ascians doing here?! And why do they have SHOTGUNS?

[Image: shock.png]

I'm not equipped to fight a paragon of darkness, let alone one that's packing heat, so I fled to my room after dodging their strikes. Save me, John Finalfantasy...
Izumi Konata
Can I compare the dent near the research dorm with crowbar?
Mr. Scratch
Oh, so the fowl play might have happened after the boat trip? Lousy work ethic, whoever the murderer is. You do that type of thing as early as you can so you can enjoy the rest of the day relaxing and having a nice long alibi.

I can go into a little more detail about the penman's night, but he ain't gonna like it. He headed downstairs to the shuttle afterwards - following the perky girl with ribbons down. Shame you all killed the janitor - there was a right mess of glass on the way. Maybe my better half can find a better job.

Anyway, that girl? Absolute #$@&%! Didn't wait for the writer with the shuttle at all. After that, he had a chat with the birdman and his secretary and headed straight back to bed. Looks like the little boat trip tuckered him out
Dodo
(Jan 22, 2024 at 2:16 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
You have gained the power of Deduction.

Salutations, kids! It is time for...

[Image: cf6212babcf9d811fd43b448abf31a2900e7a308.pnj]

Today's Great Deduction is brought to you by the letter C.
There are many words that start with the letter C. Can you name some of them?

That's right!!

Crime...

Cruelty...

Containment Cell....

[Image: 01d9a642bf3e92d3d5fed4058c078f309f3ddd7a.pnj]

The Calamitously Cold-hearted Case of Culling a Cute and Cuddly Companion!
Who Cooked the goose with Caustic Chemicals?

Clearly, the Cockamamy Cockface of a Culprit used a vile Concoction of bleach and vinegar to accomplish this callous deed.
Naturally, the vinegar was sourced on the previous day, to Confuse anyone daring to Construct a Clever Chronological Chart.

[Image: b15b0b88e0e2fe258fcce48e213f369302e6f7b7.pnj]

With all materials in hand, they Crept up to the victim while it was Carousing in the Canine's Compound, and choked them to death with a Cut of Cloth. Curiously, the Canine used this fowlicidal Chance to slip its Containment's Confines, and it escaped during the time of the murder. .

Then, their Callous deed Completed, the Culprit forced the Condemned Click DVD into the victim's body. Of course, said DVD was the Crude Ciller's Charitably-given Christmas present. This was to Cow-tow us Clueless Clods into a wild goose chase.

That Concludes this Catastrophically misappropriated Call-back to a more Capable Crime scene Conductor.

[Image: fe45e75a72dc26335bd47c955f5eeb2ee82b3e4f.pnj]

GET THIS DEVILRY AWAY FROM ME!
Dodo
[Image: 6e139ae98697f2bd764c6da6ba80ade703031ce9.gifv]

THE VOICES OF THE ANOMALOUS SPEAK. THIS IS THEIR WISDOM.

[Image: 4083982c0e01249d4aed6d9c42ec4971b241bc1b.gifv]

THE DOG WAS RELEASED LONG BEFORE THE KILLING.

THE VINEGAR WAS RETRIEVED FROM THE KITCHEN ON THE PREVIOUS NIGHT.

THE CLICK DVD WAS THE KILLER'S CHRISTMAS GIFT.

[Image: 4c5832645076068294ed053327abb65622329ed7.gifv]

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE ALLOWED THIS TRAVESTY TO OCCUR, THIS IS YOUR PENANCE.

FIND THE ONE WHO IS RESPONSIBLE, AND BRING THEM TO JUSTICE. THEY SHALL HANG BY THEIR ENTRAILS.
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Present my empty present and my fortune cookie
also for the hell of it, put the fortune cookie in my mouth, break it open with my teeth and crunch it up a bit, then pull out the fortune and do my best to read it if still intact
Izumi Konata
I'm gonna grab a vial of poison from the chem lab and drink it straight, to prove my immunity to poison from the present
Riki
Riki show off fancy wrapped box! Heropon unwrap, but leave there... Riki forgot.
Rookie Journalist
Just to be safe - Show my very cute Scooby-Doo mug
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_with_binder_eyes_closed.gif]

What is this? Are we hosting a "gift exchange"? How sweet! I will bring my unopened gift to this "gift exchange", to share it with the group! Are elephants really white at gift exchanges?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]