The Thing that Lives Beneath
Any plastic dvd cases (or anything else of note) dumped in the lake?
DxHustler3000
[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

All of my bird fighting opportunities. Gone. I understand now, why the masters spoke as they did. "Never get attached to your million dollar idea". So, like the vampire besods the grave of his victim, I will purge myself of my desire to gain great capital through a now-ravaged investment goldmine. Rest in peace, my little Goose. Though you were a false deity, you were my shining star.

Lesson 5: Bird Fight was a really good idea

-I would employ various things to engage in combat trials with each other
-I would collect bets and wagers on the outcomes of those fights using small rocks and perhaps gems from the Geology Lab
-I would sell important 1v1 data to bird scientists
-Birds fight

[Image: 4ifw6Qy.png]

As I was saying. This death is meaningful. Such a tragedy demands not just indemnification, but retribution. Thus, another recount of the day-to-day nightlife of a self-made millionaire. This will help you get big gains as well as discover the true identity of our hideous goose hunter. Fowl play, indeed.

As before. Preparations were made. A slap in the face, to remind myself of my mortality. A mental inventory of my desires and goals. Self-actualisation. And then, I sought out the Heavenly Stairway. Sadly, before my service could begin, multiple miscreants demanded my attention - first, Phenera (disguised as a goose), toying with the equipment. Then, Niles, who starts beating her up with his umbrella. Then, the Goose itself, defeating both of them in combat and leaving just as quickly. The Journalist documented this well enough.

I would like to dispel the possibility of creative plagiarism - the Goose did obscure its face with a metal mask and wear a robe, but it could not have copied that from me. I'm not wearing a mask.

[Image: VerFT18.png]

This is my face.

Lesson 6: Ascend Life's Stairways

With a suitable gathering, I began the workout. Our sermon touched upon the importance of failure and weakness, and how best to apply those notions to common workplace conflicts. I did not take minutes, but I will prepare a brief infographic touching upon some of the key concepts... Er, one moment.

[Image: 1pjmbnA.png]

Ok, look here.

[Image: yPJRnMd.png]

That is all I have to say on that matter. One by one, the attendees trickled out, perhaps overwhelmed by such extensive exercise. Dexter didn't even bother engaging - he left as soon as he saw our activity. Anyway, they all started leaving - first Niles, then Riki, and then Tinkaton. Only Smithy remained, our one high-value human. He shows promise - a valuable asset in such unstable times. With the tardy Morgan as my witness, he received a fortuitous trader tip. And like that, we were finished.

Afterwards, I head downstairs with Morgan, who leaves for the Facility Lobby. I check the room containing BPI-3550, only to find it only contains the stench of death and some other stuff maybe, like the dead goose. This offends me immensely, so I went to the Lobby, where I acquainted myself with the precious boy. I then travel towards the Control Department, seeing Dodo leave the Orange Zone, and Revy leaving the department. Morgan seems to be negotiating the severity of some kind of reprimandation from his superiors, Nancy and the Hunter.

I begin to assemble a treasured combatable artefact, starting with blades. Then, I'm off to the Kitchen through the Shuttle, seeing Dexter in the Lounge, as well as Momoyo. She invites me to try her special soup. My teeth aren't yet strong enough for such a delicacy, but it shows potential. I can imagine a franchise of mineral-serving fast food joints scattered around the country, serving rock and pebble to trend-chasing customers. I like it.

Finally, I go to the Geology Lab to look for tradable gems and rare rocks, though my search is cut short by a surprise appearance from that cheeky goose. It nicks me with the shotgun, and vanishes. That was the last time I saw the goose's untampered tenacity, as I went straight to bed after this.

[Image: 7pLBMlQ.png]

One more notice for the killer.
...Once we get out of here, my legal brainiacs will be in touch. Hector had to sell an entire ape to secure the patents for bird fight. You have caused me massive financial and emotional damage. I will recover. You... will not.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:43 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I dunno about you guys, but I'm checking out the doorway in the Sleep Lab first

You approach the new doorway that has appeared in the Sleep Lab. The doorway is covered with a strange, pink haze, though it doesn't feel offputting. It's almost peaceful, in a way.

You open the door, to reveal a room, larger on the inside than should feasibly be possible.

[Image: sealchambersomatic_ivgmd1.png]

In the center of the room, a pillar rises to the ceiling, the clear glass giving way to a swirling symbol floating in the middle. The surrounding walls appear as a window, overlooking an infinite sea of gently undulating colors, soft and gentle. The longer you look, the more you feel at peace. In here... it feels like you could close your eyes and dream forever.

You approach the terminal by the pillar, forcing your sight away from the impossibility of this room.

Text slowly scrolls by...

Dreams, a window into the past. Into the future. Into infinite possibilities and creation itself. Long has humanity dreamed of a better tomorrow, a tomorrow without suffering, without strife, without the evil that persists in the darkest corners of our world.

Perhaps it is possible yet, to make those dreams into a reality. A world where anything is possible, where mankind is unrestrained and free from the shackles that bind us. A world where heaven's light shines bright upon us, and guides us towards our shared future. A world where our nightmares flee before us, and our salvation is laid bare through the magic of ages past.

In search of such a world, and in defiance of those who would seek to steal our destiny...

The Somatic Seal has been placed.

A button lies beneath the text on the panel, prompting you to touch it.

DISABLE SOMATIC SEAL? [Y/N]

This action cannot be undone. You will live with the consequences - right or wrong.

Indiana Jones (Old)
Sure, I press the Y button.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 11:03 PM)Columbo Wrote: Check the rooms of anyone dead or missing for their Christmas presents. Looking for ones DVD box shaped.
...Somebody look up an image of Click on DVD and compare it to the shard, please.
You check Gus' room first, in the Survey Dorms. It doesn't appear to have any items, looks like he made the naughty list. He does have a lockbox under his bed, but it seems to have been opened.

Raregold has an intact Santa gift, still untouched.

You have already checked Goose's gift, a glass replica of a black crystal.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 11:05 PM)Riki Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 10:11 PM)Spooks? Wrote: With the mixture in hand, you approach Riki and sock him in the gut. He throws up into the mixture. It is now basically identical to the Goose Juice.

M-meh... Heropon... Riki... search whole big big facility for special place, maybe have Click DVD... DVD like shards in Dinobeast Goose...? Same blue...?
You cannot search the whole facility for a DVD. That is too much space to cover. Please be more specific.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 11:11 PM)Columbo Wrote: Does that mask Goose is wearing belong in any of the rooms here? The Museum Hall or somewhere similar?
You search the Museum Hall for masks. There are a couple tribal masks in a display case, but otherwise not. You search similar rooms, by which you mostly mean adjacent rooms. No masks appear to be in the Chapel at all, or the Sleep Lab, though there's a bunch of bozos staring at the funny pink machine in the latter.

In the Liturgical Study, it appears as though a display of masks is missing one from the middle.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 11:15 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Does the restricted archives have any movies? Maybe Click?
You look through the Restricted Archives. There are DVDs in here, though they are all blank and labeled with sharpie instead of a printed label like the one in Goose's throat.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 11:17 PM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Any plastic dvd cases (or anything else of note) dumped in the lake?
There doesn't appear to have been anything dumped in the lake, upon searching its shores. There is however an imprint in the sand as though someone was lying there.
DxHustler3000
(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:36 PM)Spooks? Wrote: [Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

Lead the dog to the button interface.

[Image: fxQkfsg.png]

Hey, boy! Heyyy! What do you think? Do you want to have funny dreams, you gorgeous boy? Look at that big button, wow!

See which option he sniffs at first.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Columbo
Check the Whisper Valley Archives for Click on DVD. Open it up and make sure the DVD's there.
Spooks?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:01 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 5:36 PM)Spooks? Wrote: [Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

Lead the dog to the button interface.

[Image: fxQkfsg.png]

Hey, boy! Heyyy! What do you think? Do you want to have funny dreams, you gorgeous boy? Look at that big button, wow!

See which option he sniffs at first.
You lead BPI-3550 to the Patio stairs, but he stops at the bottom, refusing to follow you up.

[Image: dog_wjuvxu.png]

*woof*

...It looks like he is entirely unwilling to go above ground.
Indiana Jones (Old)
@Lyra or @Astrid do either of you have information on the missing mask from Liturgical Study?
@Nancy what can you tell us about the 3550 (dog)?
Izumi Konata
I wanna press the button! I want to see what happens!

Okay, I guess before I get killed by my own curiosity, I'm gonna ask that Astrid thinks about this seal
Phenera
I don't think Riki ever did it despite talking about it(?), so investigate the area nearby the Research Dorms for dents in the walls and inspect the dent if I find it.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Riki
Dexter see other Hom Homs in Kitchen Night 1? Tell Riki and other friends who!
Columbo
Can't hurt to ask. Can we confirm the status of the bleach in the Boiler Room and the vinegar in the Kitchen on Day 1? We gave those rooms an okay look, I think.
Spooks?

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

Awww, you found 3550! I was so worried about the lil' doggy when it turned out there was a dead body in his little cell. Don't worry about him though, he's totally harmless. Here, I actually have his file!

Code:
BPI-3550 [Underground Lab]
[ACCESS LEVEL: I]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]
[DESCRIPTION]: An ordinary-looking Labrador Retriever.

[INFORMATION]: BPI-3550 appears to be an ordinary, yellow-colored dog, specifically the Labrador Retriever breed, of approximately seven years in age. The dog has a good temperament, though no particular loyalty to anyone in particular.

For unknown reasons, the dog appears to be unable to travel above ground, seemingly by some supernatural means, as attempts to transport the dog above ground simply result in the dog teleporting back to the entrance of whatever stairwell or elevator it comes across. This Anomaly is not dangerous whatsoever, and minimal security is in place, meaning agents may enter and exit its room at will, provided they do not harm BPI-3550.

[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

The hound of hell itself! Its tongue stains my cloak so - a plague upon my very being! This loathsome creature should be returned to its home at once - and sealed there forevermore!

He's cute. Don't be mean. Anyway, we had quite the busy night, didn't we? Well, we started by going off to feed BPI-1650. He's a little plant guy, so he doesn't need to eat too often... but the last time we did feed him was back on your first night here, so it was time for another round.

We could have made great haste, yet she deigned to sit back and speak with the cat woman for far too long.

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Nashu! She was just curious about the work we do here. I couldn't resist. We didn't spend that long though, he's exaggerating. We took the Shuttle up to Station 1, where we met up with that little creature - Tinkaton~

The hammer-swinging goblin itself! The vile thing was carrying a pastry - clearly a trap for the unsuspecting fools. Like a moth to a flame, she fell for it, and they departed together once we arrived upstairs. Not I, though. I was resolute in my will and stayed behind in the Mess Hall to speak with Jonsohn Smithy. He is a man of great courage, and much inner turmoil.

Tinkaton and I went to go feed 1650, 23 went off to... somewhere, but we met up again and returned to the Facility Lobby, where we went upstairs and met Ciel! She had this neat little presentation to show us in the meeting room - very high effort!

It was sorcery and nonsense! Scrawlings upon a madman's cell walls! Such automatons she speaks of could never exist - abominations more akin to the witchcraft they call a golem!

[Image: duopointself_qxytqd.png]

Well, I liked it, anyway. If you have nothing nice to say, 23, don't say anything at all.

23 took another detour after that, going somewhere...

The Liturgical Study. I hath been granted a task by a trusted soul, and so I return with proof of my excursion! A golden goblet! Shining and bright!

Well, you do like shiny things. I digress though. We went back downstairs after that, and returned to our department. We'd taken a little too much time away from it, I think. Ah, but we were joined shortly after by... Morgan! Our little traitor himself!

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Hehe, kidding. I believe in second chances, and that a genuine apology is a powerful thing! He was on the floor too, begging and pleading. We decided to give him a second chance though, on the condition that...

If he ever assists the Crimson Interlopers yet again, I will wear his skin as a cloak! I would like to see your "doggy" stain that!

[Image: keh1_gsflk8.png]

Ah, but this was not a night to be enjoyed, even if I bore witness to the sight of my enemies groveling before my feet. Goose... His absence will echo through the eons. I was comforted, in the final moments of my night, by Dodo - the last of my remaining kin. He too, shared in my sorrow.

...No matter the cost - find his killer. I implore you. I wish to see them rot in the ground, to see the vermin consume their flesh as the earth reclaims their fetid soul.
Spooks?
(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:01 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check the Whisper Valley Archives for Click on DVD. Open it up and make sure the DVD's there.
You look for a DVD copy of Click in the Whisper Valley Archives. You don't seem to find one. Either everyone in town had taste, or there were simply no copies recovered.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:23 AM)Phenera Wrote: I don't think Riki ever did it despite talking about it(?), so investigate the area nearby the Research Dorms for dents in the walls and inspect the dent if I find it.
You investigate the hallway outside the Research Dorms. There does seem to be a dent in the wall. It is kind of long and thin, as though made by a long implement. It doesn't resemble the dent in the Cafeteria at all.

(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:57 AM)Columbo Wrote: Can't hurt to ask. Can we confirm the status of the bleach in the Boiler Room and the vinegar in the Kitchen on Day 1? We gave those rooms an okay look, I think.
You can tell that the Bleach was not missing on Day 1, but you don't remember anything about the Vinegar.
Phenera
(Jan 22, 2024 at 1:05 AM)Spooks? Wrote: There does seem to be a dent in the wall. It is kind of long and thin, as though made by a long implement.

Compare a shotgun to the dent visually. Does it look possible for a shotgun to have caused it if hypothetically rammed hard into the wall?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Pea
(Jan 22, 2024 at 12:57 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
[Image: duopointself_qxytqd.png]

Well, I liked it, anyway. If you have nothing nice to say, 23, don't say anything at all.

23 took another detour after that, going somewhere...

The Liturgical Study. I hath been granted a task by a trusted soul, and so I return with proof of my excursion! A golden goblet! Shining and bright!

Thanks for helping out. Did you find anything interesting about this goblet, other than its wonderful allure?
Columbo
I ain't exactly forensics, and I'd hate to desecrate a few bodies, but...
Can we test the bleach and vinegar mixture on a few corpses? Force feeding and then cutting the stomach of one, and pouring it directly into the stomach wound of another.
And on another two, same test but causing the reaction inside the corpses.
Compare all those burns to Goose's.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Sorry folks, had to raid, you know how it is.

If any of you were wondering, getting stabbed fucking sucks. But anyways.

I woke up and headed back to the library to look for more Anomaly info. I didn't find anything in particular on that topic other than some journal page, I'll check that out later. I left and went to the elevator, took it down then took the shuttle over to Shuttle 1. I found Columbo and Spooks there cleaning up literal shit what who shit here? I walk past them and head to the Lounge, where I found Dexter. I tried to talk to him about the new Dawntrail trailer and asked if he was gonna day 1 the new ultimate when it comes out and he said he quit cause he's a baby and doesn't know how to optimize or just play a different class lmaoooo anyways at least someone here has played before.

After chatting for a bit I got up and headed back up to go outside to go to the Arboretum to look around. It's rainy as fuck and stormy but water is no factor against a legend like myself. Knives, however... yeah those fucking HURT. As I was walking that way someone rushed me with a knife and stabbed me what a dick. I couldn't make out who they were, something supernatural made them really tough to recognize. I tried to ditch and made it to the Arboretum but that's about as far as I made it before I KO'd. Then I woke up. Holy shit I didn't die knife dude you fucking suck at killing, bet you haven't cleared an ultimate if you can't even kill an unarmed dude you ambushed with a knife you fucking loser.

But yeah I woke up and Astrid was there. Not sure if she saved me or if I just woke up but props for not just leaving me to die at least. We talked for a bit and she helped me back to the Anomaly Hall where I headed immediately back to my room then went to bed. Don't get stabbed folks, not recommended.
Dodo
Quote:Jack of Spades — Today at 2:15 AM
Okay, I can let you guys use it if most of you agree on it, but I want it back.

Let's try this again.

I'll borrow the pipe, providing a writ that it will be returned after I've used it.
Then I smoke it.