Bradimir Votvodk
I vote Rookie Journalist and open the seal as Konata the sacrifice.
Revy
All of you people make me want to blow chunks. Just look at yourselves. We’re all trapped in a murder orgy, a free-for-all where the only one who could be walking out of here could be the Grim Reaper with a full bag of souls, and what are you doing? Business seminars. Sleepy boat trips. Anime watch parties. Hell, I asked a researcher to drink with me, and she said it’d get in the way of her fucking work. Bunch of damn stiffs. As far as any of us should be concerned, it’s the end of days, and we should be partying like there’s-nah, because there’s no tomorrow.

[Image: image.png?ex=65c03908&is=65adc408&hm=1ca...eadee7c99&]

Unseal that son of a bitch. I’ll be ready.
Tinkaton
Tinkaton lets Konata open the seal.

God help us all.
Spooks?
The Trial has concluded. You have made your choices, and will live with the consequences - right or wrong.

Please stand by.
Rookie Journalist
[Image: 51facf9a0da30d2d66fae4dd2326f95b835938e6.pnj]

Well i'd say Good Evening , but it appears you all want me Dead...

I can't believe after everything it has come to this....

I must be getting sloppy...

[Image: ccadb85b7767e245283395baaa41eaf78f15a888.pnj]

Well played Detective.

I was really hoping I'd be able to stay and kill you myself, but alas... I guess we always have next time.
After all... I hear this facility might be a little haunted. Maybe we will see each other again sooner then you think.

Pea
can i have that knife
Pea
please
Dodo
[Image: 89f88b3e14fbb8b3674e80748e8f56a7d82a499e.pnj]

And so, another confuddling case came crashing to a close,
thanks to the limitless insight and brilliant deduction of Mr. Herlock Sholmes.

...wait, this is the wrong canon.

I return the Pipe of Deduction to its owner, if I haven't already.
Spooks?

[Image: neutral_oibwqx.png]

Well, well. The votes have been cast, your Sinner chosen.

Now the question remains only of guilt. We shall see how their soul is judged - pray you have chosen wisely, as the rules of the game are immutable. But once again, I care not for the stuttering preludes of my inferior half. I need not the Hunter to restrain you - nor do I have use for your holding cell.

[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

There is a 99.999% chance that there is nothing you can do to escape. Now, please remain where you are, and cease unnecessary struggling.

[Image: armsout_aqxt4n.png]

....Because it's time to get this show on the road! That's right, in accordance with the ritual... it's Execution Time!

Unlike Raregold before her, Hazel Nolen - the Rookie Journalist - does not attempt to flee, nor does she falter in her confidence. Gripping her box cutter, as her muscles begin to stiffen, the manic smile never leaves her face. Her body seizes up, twitching uncannily as she begins to levitate into the air. Strange symbols begin to manifest in the air around them, and Hazel's neck wrenches itself back, her eyes rolling backwards into her skull.

"And now, in tonight's breaking news: Trip the Cameraman... Could he secretly be Dutch? New information's come to light, and this might just be the case! We'll be getting to that story and more, but first, the scoop on Goose! Found dead in BPI-3550's containment cell - but who could the killer be? Authorities are still investigating, but what's this? Another body's just been found?"

Hazel sits at her news desk in front of a live studio audience, the network's cameras rolling. She shuffles her notes, preparing for her next segment.

"The reports are in! Hazel Nolen, the network's next up-and-coming star has been found dead under suspicious circumstances! According to our insider info, the cause of death seems to be... Wait a minute. What?"

She squints at the pages in front of her, flipping through her show notes in confusion. No... This can't be possible. She's not dead, she's right here. Someone at the network must be messing with her, that's the only explanation. She looks out to the studio audience in front of her, waiting for some kind of reaction. She receives no response from the empty seats, save for one.

A small black cat, clad in a cape and hat sits in the center seat, watching intently with an unwavering stare. Hazel looks around, confused. Where did the audience go? This must be... part of the prank, right? She blinks and when her eyes open again... something has changed. Sitting where the cat was sitting before... is a familiar corpse. Stomach slashed open and leaking a stinking liquid onto its red robes. A hideous mask affixed to its face, forcing its eyelids open into a ceaseless, hideous glare.

Hazel gulps, shuffling her notes again. "W-well, in other news, I..."

The robed, masked figure shakes its head slowly, its winglike arm rising into the air with a distinct blue remote clutched in hand, pointed directly at the soundstage - and its resident news anchor.

The figure utters a single word, as its finger plunges down onto the POWER button with a distinct, resonating click.

"Honk."

The studio's lights cut out - the show and Hazel both erased from reality.

In reality, Hazel's twitching, levitating body remains in the Lobby, in front of a stunned audience. Suddenly, in a jerky motion, Hazel's neck snaps, her grip loosening on her box cutter. It clatters to the floor, and her lifeless corpse soon follows..

[Image: hazelexecuted_lsphxw.png]

@Rookie Journalist has been executed for the murder of @Goose.

Rookie Journalist was....

[Image: Guilty_ui8esn.png]

Their role was....

Role Card:

[Image: tilt_boi7ti.png]

What a lucky guess! Yes, the girl was guilty. It is truly a surprise, considering your competence. Such a powerful role too - a shame to see it removed from my game. Well, there is no time to dwell on such things. The more willing murderers removed, the more you will be forced into desperation - a necessary element to any such event, no?

Well, perhaps I should not be so harsh. After all, you have done very well - you're much better at following instructions than I thought. You have chosen to break the first seal, after all.

[Image: neutral_oibwqx.png]

One step closer to the Codex...Let's see where that leads, why don't we?

Perhaps you will be free of my Master's game yet....

You have voted to disable the Somatic Seal

@Izumi Konata has been chosen as the Sacrifice. Stand by for the consequences of your actions.
Spooks?
(Jan 23, 2024 at 4:12 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
You have voted to disable the Somatic Seal

@Izumi Konata has been chosen as the Sacrifice. Stand by for the consequences of your actions.

[Image: sealchambersomatic_ivgmd1.png]

@Izumi Konata approaches the panel, taking a deep breath. For better or worse, this was the path she chose.

She reaches out, her hand shaking with anticipation. Closing her eyes, she makes her choice.

[Y]

The facility shakes, a deep, unfathomable rumbling echoing from deep below your feet. The room begins to flood with a hazy, pink light. The swirling symbol in the pillar's center begins to pulsate and shift, glowing ever brighter. @Izumi Konata is lifted into the air by an unknown force, her eyes flooded with the same rose-tinted glow. She is awash with a peaceful, dreamlike feeling - something alluring and magical.

Suddenly, the symbol vanishes - taking all the room's light with it. Konata falls back to the ground - exhausted, but alive. The glow fades from her eyes as well, and you are left in darkness.

[Image: sealchambernull_chn1fe.png]

The Somatic Seal has been broken...

You feel the power of the supernatural growing around you... Restless spirits awakened by this disruption, previously held back by the strength of the Seal, now begin to stir...

Something has happened!

Haunting has been unlocked.

• All non-living players and Spectators will gain the opportunity to bargain for another chance at life. Each phase, between the Execution and the next Night phase, a new vote will open.
  • A number of Ghosts (quantity dependent on broken Seals) will be able to submit a one-sentence plea to the host to be relayed to the other players for temporary revival as a Wraith. This can be a promise of helpfulness, a simple greeting, or even a deceptive lie.
  • These pleas will be anonymously delivered in the Trial Thread by the Host, and put to a vote. Players may vote on which anonymous spirit they wish to revive based on their plea.
  • The chosen Wraith will return to the world of the living temporarily, and act as a player character for the following Night and Day phase, being able to submit actions and investigate.
  • These Wraiths will be unable to kill, barring a night condition, and will receive extremely limited accounts.
  • If killed during the night, a Wraith will not receive a Trial.
  • Wraiths are not allowed to act as accomplices during a kill. If this rule is broken, they will be permanently banished from the game, and their collaborator jailed in the Holding Cell.
  • A player who was found Guilty of murder may not be summoned the following night.
  • Players may choose not to revive a Wraith, if all options are malicious or undesirable for other reasons.
  • Players who have not yet been revived will be prioritized to have their pleas forwarded.

Currently, three Wraiths may submit a plea.
Spooks?
The voices of the dead echo in your ears... three spirits answer the call.

The pleas of the Wraiths are plain and clear - Which will you choose to rejoin the living for one fateful night?

[Image: wraithvote_wnyotx.png]

• The First Plea - A mysterious voice calls out...

"Come, arise, for now the curtain has finally parted on the fantastical stage of Whisper Valley, where a glorious waltz of murder, mystery, and magic awaits you... and we shall guide you through the first steps towards the end of the dream, if you simply call our name."

• The Second Plea - An eager voice calls out...

"اŮ'╟ *╟ðsžšåÞя—舐� AI in charge of facility security operations!"

• The Third Plea - A surprised voice calls out...

"Oh shit, I've only got one sentence to tell prove how awesome I am, huh?--"

You may now Vote.

Please vote for one of the above Pleas, or alternatively, you may vote for No Revival, if you feel each of these spirits may seek to cause you harm.

This voting will end when the Night begins officially.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Vote: Third
Cause it sounds funny
Jack of Spades
[Image: 6e60c6a3307f1bd7348eb6fcc03a9f9fa8b02e7c.pnj]

No Revival.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_dancing.gif]

Wow! Is the second plea from an AI? I think AI is so cool, and relatable!

I want to meet our AI friend!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Izumi Konata
You got passion, Number 1, so gonna vote for you
Momoyo Himemushi
Give me the second plea.
Revy
Third one. Something about it….
Morgan
I like Ghost 2. A fourth robot could really do this place wonders.
I'll show you a real dance....
Lily
I would like to vote for the second wraith. AI is the way of the future people!
Elyk
No thanks.