[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Ciel
I attempt to stand in the center of the fairy circle
Izumi Konata
Heading towards the fairy circle and seeing what happens
Riki
Riki see Locker Room normal-like, then? Commotion happen, any evidence?

Trail scary mannequin gone... anything bad in Leisure Center, stairs, or path to big woods?
Giffany
Show everyone my Crimson Eye card! It came from Gus, I promise!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 12:59 AM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Spooks! You are such a cute kitty, I am very happy you didn't explode! Are you familiar with the code, 529?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Greetings, [AGENT DESIGNATION - GIFFANY]! I too am happy that I did not explode. My stress quotient has lowered significantly.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

There does not appear to be a point in keeping this information classified, as the vault has been opened. 5-2-9 is the access code for the vault situated behind the Lobby desk. It is used to house a potentially hazardous - yet important for Bureau non-disclosure agreements - Anomalous Item.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:00 AM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: Research the "Void Rifle" in the archives or the KG lab, if possible (not sure if I can get in)

Check the locker room in general if someone already hasn't

Does the door to counter-terrorism look damaged or forced open in any way?
You try to look for information on the Void Rifle, though you come up short in the Killing Game Lab. In the Restricted Archives however, you find a description.

Quote:
XW Void Rifle

The XW Void Rifle is a piece of technology formerly utilized by the XW Corporation before their collapse. Now considered to be antiquated, yet still frequently used by the Crimson Eye. The XW Void Rifle is capable of firing an Occultic-aligned beam of pure-black energy - known to pierce through walls and flesh effortlessly without special reinforcement and be near invisible to the naked eye under the cover of darkness

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:02 AM)Lita Wrote: Investigate the doors to 1946; is there anything odd or unusual about them? Are they electric?

Check in the locker room for anything out of place too.
You investigate BPI-1946's door. It does not appear to be forced open or destroyed. The doors are locked and operated via electronic means, but the doors seem to have no noticeable issues, and the smell isn't coming from them anyway. It seems to permeate the room.

There is nothing out of place in the locker room.
Morgan
(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:19 AM)Giffany Wrote: Show everyone my Crimson Eye card! It came from Gus, I promise!

Ditto, since I've also got one. Let's be candid.
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:06 AM)Phenera Wrote: This mask's a coward and a fool can I just sniff the revolving room for ozone normally
You sniff the Revolving Room. It smells only of gym sweat and dust.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:08 AM)Ciel Wrote: I attempt to stand in the center of the fairy circle
You follow the instructions from the newspaper article, and wander through the woods, taking the given path turns - North, West, East, North, West, South. You find a small circle of mushrooms in a clearing - noticing an Anomaly terminal next to it.

Code:
BPI-6294 [Fairy Circle]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: YELLOW]
[DESCRIPTION]: A circle of mushrooms in the woods.

[INFORMATION]: Unavailable

You step into the circle... and suddenly find yourself standing in the Cafeteria. Huh. Before you can think about it though, you are overcome with a wave of nausea, and you vomit on the floor.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:09 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Heading towards the fairy circle and seeing what happens
You follow Ciel's lead and follow after. You find yourself suddenly standing in the Meeting Room. Much like Ciel, the nausea hits you hard and fast. You throw up on the floor.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:18 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki see Locker Room normal-like, then? Commotion happen, any evidence?

Trail scary mannequin gone... anything bad in Leisure Center, stairs, or path to big woods?
The locker room has some different lockers open and closed since the previous day, but it is normal relatively speaking. There is nothing up out of the ordinary in any of these areas.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:19 AM)Giffany Wrote: Show everyone my Crimson Eye card! It came from Gus, I promise!
You show off a small business card.

It is black and red, with a Crimson Eye logo on the front. It doesn't seem to do anything that you can immediately tell.
Izumi Konata
After I'm done discharging all the alcohol I had last night, I'm gonna grab a random, intact dead body and take em back to the fairy circle and throw them in there
Dr. Niles Crane
I quickly present the Mirror Lake Ecological Report I found earlier in the night.

I would like to check the WV Archives for anything on creatures in the forest including any info on the fairy circle.
Lily
I'd to present whatever tools I still have on myself from last night.
Alan Wake
Ruby has consented to presenting their Metal Detector.
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:38 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: After I'm done discharging all the alcohol I had last night, I'm gonna grab a random, intact dead body and take em back to the fairy circle and throw them in there
You toss Hazel Nolen's body into the Fairy Circle after cleaning up your puke. She disappears. You do not know where she went.

(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:39 AM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: I quickly present the Mirror Lake Ecological Report I found earlier in the night.

I would like to check the WV Archives for anything on creatures in the forest including any info on the fairy circle.
You present the Mirror Lake Ecological Report

Quote:
Mirror Lake Ecological Report - Oct. 2020

Study of the zone referred to as "Mirror Lake" shows that it appears to have no living creatures dwelling within, though plant life thrives. Upon testing the water quality, it is found that the lake possesses high concentrations of _________ , which is likely a result of contamination from the Whisper Valley Mining project.

These levels of _________ and the lack of an animal ecosystem to be harmed make it an ideal place for experimentation and the introduction of potential Anomalous creatures for containment and security purposes.

You attempt to search the Whisper Valley Archives for information about creatures and anomalous occurrences in the woods... but you do not have time. You do find the newspaper article from the previous night with instructions on how to get there though.
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:49 AM)Lily Wrote: I'd to present whatever tools I still have on myself from last night.
(Feb 11, 2024 at 1:49 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: Ruby has consented to presenting their Metal Detector.
Lily presents a red-stained paintbrush, a metal detector, and a shovel.
Ciel
alright now that it's over and done with, can we explore the underwater lab thingy?
Dr. Niles Crane
Certainly - I'd like to present the Esotera Lab Note 1 I picked up.
The Thing that Lives Beneath
I will present [Interrogation Transcript 1]
Izumi Konata
Now that the case is over
I'm gonna go To the underwater lab and see what's in the west door
Riki
Riki show Traveler's Lantern report and Traveler's Journal page 2 to all friends!
Dodo still friend, too, even after bad thing. Give Heropon big scare, but Heropon forgive, because Dodo nice other times. When Nopon repeat name twice, Nopon big big respect! But Dodo already Dodo. Dodo-Dodo?

...Dodo older than Riki? Riki not "children," but know Dodo care for friends like Riki care lots and lots for littlepon. Meh...
Spooks?
(Feb 11, 2024 at 2:08 AM)Ciel Wrote: alright now that it's over and done with, can we explore the underwater lab thingy?
You look around the Aquatic Lab, building a mental map of the immediate room.

[Image: room1_ro4vlh.png]

(Feb 11, 2024 at 2:40 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Now that the case is over
I'm gonna go To the underwater lab and see what's in the west door

You approach the western door... The doorway gives you a strange feeling, a state of quiet, deep introspection. You shake off the feeling, continuing towards it. Your collective investigative Access Level allows you entry.

You open the door cautiously in case of any threat that could be lurking with, but instead, you find...

[Image: sealchamberthalassic_rgabyh.png]

In the center of the room, a pillar rises to the ceiling, the clear glass giving way to a diamond-like symbol floating in the middle. The surrounding walls appear as a window, facing out into the depths of Mirror Lake - and the creature that lurks within. Despite this, you feel no fear - only a meditative calm. In here... it feels like you could realize truths long buried in the depths of your soul.

You approach the terminal by the pillar, forcing your sight away from the impossibility of this room.

Text slowly scrolls by...

The depths... A place of great darkness and crushing pressure. Yet, it is in the tranquil isolation of our deepest reaches that we discover our greatest strengths, the things that matter most to each of us. It is under our own internal pressure that we realize ourselves, and work to create, to grow, and to move forward.

Many fear their deepest reaches. Their unfulfilled dreams, their true feelings, all having sunken into oblivion, never again to be dredged to the surface for fear of disappointment, of despair at what never was. What never could be. By embracing the depths, overcoming the pressure, we may one day emerge not as drowned husks, but as mighty leviathans, potential as boundless as the very seas.

In search of such a future, and in defiance of those who would seek to steal our destiny...

The Thalassic Seal has been placed.

A button lies beneath the text on the panel, prompting you to touch it.

DISABLE THALASSIC SEAL? [Y/N]

This action cannot be undone. You will live with the consequences - right or wrong.

Alan Wake
It's belated, but I'm still gathering my thoughts on my activities last night - it will be forthcoming.

But in the meantime - I'd like to ask the facility staff their thoughts on disabling this seal. And your opinion as well, uh... "evil" Spooks?