[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Columbo
How big was this explosive fireball that it apparently took out the security camera? Can we see the scorch marks or somethin' to gauge what all got damaged?
Where's the scorching most apparent? Does it look like it occurred on the shuttle, or under the shuttle?

And in addition to checking the dynamite for similarities to the murder results, I'd like to go do a test explosion and see what remains from it. Compare it to the size of the bang that must've taken out the shuttle, time how long the fuse would last... that sorta thing.

Check out 1946's containment cell, too, if it ain't in there.

And search Ruby and Momoyo's rooms thoroughly. Their corpses, too, for anythin' on them.

Compare Ruby's body to the rest of the room, see if her bruises match getting beat up and flung around.

Oh, one more thing, and I'll show off the "detonator" I ended up picking up yesterday. Somebody else can press it if they want to see what it does, I'm not going to be responsible for levelin' the whole facility or somethin'.
Dodo
I'd like to take a look at the weird, out-of-place metal in/near the shuttle. How much of it is there?

I'd also like to compare the burn marks on both victims. Are they similar in any way?
Revy
Does the Armory have any missing explosives?
Izumi Konata
is there anything that was in/on Momoyo's body that's still recoverable?
Tinkaton
Tinkaton wants to investigate the Director's Office.
Spooks?
(Feb 9, 2024 at 6:21 AM)Bradimir Votvodk Wrote: Also, I like to check the Stairway to Heaven to see if it's still in one piece.
You look at the Stairway to Heaven, peeking inside the containment room. It is still in one piece, however there are now blast marks on some of the glass stairs.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 6:36 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Gonna check the archeologist's office for any blood splatters or whatever Riki leaves behind when bloody face gets him
You check the Archaeologist's Office for blood. There is a large pool of blood on the floor by the desk.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 9:52 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Can...Can we check the Director's Office? Is "Trip" in there?
You check the Director's Office. It appears to be identical to the last time you checked it, more or less. It looks like someone's been fucking around with some of the books on the shelves against the walls though. The aquarium still takes up the majority of the back wall.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 2:37 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Can I compare the red material at the explosion site to a stick of dynamite from the Mine Shaft?
You take a stick of dynamite from the Mine Shaft's entryway and compare it to the red material by the Shuttle. It does appear to be very similar, though it is far more scorched and burned than the dynamite you are holding.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 2:57 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: I would like to inspect the next page of The Codex Nocturnum notebook. I want to know more about what Spooks? is apparently into.
You turn to the next page...

It looks like several pages have been torn out, likely as a consequence of the violence in this room. You may never know how it ends.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 3:39 PM)Columbo Wrote: How big was this explosive fireball that it apparently took out the security camera? Can we see the scorch marks or somethin' to gauge what all got damaged?
Where's the scorching most apparent? Does it look like it occurred on the shuttle, or under the shuttle?

And in addition to checking the dynamite for similarities to the murder results, I'd like to go do a test explosion and see what remains from it. Compare it to the size of the bang that must've taken out the shuttle, time how long the fuse would last... that sorta thing.

Check out 1946's containment cell, too, if it ain't in there.

And search Ruby and Momoyo's rooms thoroughly. Their corpses, too, for anythin' on them.

Compare Ruby's body to the rest of the room, see if her bruises match getting beat up and flung around.

Oh, one more thing, and I'll show off the "detonator" I ended up picking up yesterday. Somebody else can press it if they want to see what it does, I'm not going to be responsible for levelin' the whole facility or somethin'.
You take a look around the Shuttle's ruins. It looks like the explosion must have been pretty big, but you can see that the camera isn't too far away from the Shuttle, though it's pointed towards the station and likely zoomed in a bit. It looks like it got taken out by a flying piece of metal.

Looking at the Shuttle, it looks like the blast occurred under the Shuttle primarily near the very front of it, sending it flying backwards.

You grab Nashu's dynamite from the earlier investigation and head outside. You light the dynamite and throw it far away from you. The fuse takes a little while to burn down, but not terribly long. It explodes in an impressive blast, though you'd probably need more than one stick to cause the damage done to the Shuttle. The remnants are similar, but there are less scraps around and they are slightly lesss burned.

You head into Counter-Terrorism and look at BPI-1946's containment room. It is... completely empty. There is no evidence of anything in there.

Next, you go to search Chibi Ruby Rose's room out in the Survey Dorms. There is nothing out of place in here and no notable items outside of an unopened gift from Santa. You head back downstairs to check out Momoyo's dorm, and find that she has a shovel and pickaxe. Momoyo's body appears to have a box cutter and roll of packing tape on her person, while Ruby has nothing.

You compare Ruby's wounds to the furnishings in Counter-Terrorism. It does look as though she was beaten and flung around in here, though some bruises don't seem to match anything immediately apparent.

Finally, you show off your detonator. It's a small metal device with a button on top. You dare not press it.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 3:39 PM)Dodo Wrote: I'd like to take a look at the weird, out-of-place metal in/near the shuttle. How much of it is there?

I'd also like to compare the burn marks on both victims. Are they similar in any way?
You take a look at the weird metal from near the Shuttle, the stuff that doesn't match the Shuttle itself. There isn't much of it, and it is in small pieces.

The burn marks on the two victims aren't remotely similar, outside of being burns. Momoyo appears to be scorched as though caught in a brief blast of heat, while Ruby is burned as though having been lit on fire.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 3:45 PM)Revy Wrote: Does the Armory have any missing explosives?
There are some grenades missing, but there are no other explosives in here in general unless you count flashbangs.
Columbo
Set off a grenade outside and compare any remnants to the metal bits found at the Shuttle.
And, random question, where'd Red Spooks get off to? He hasn't said any ominous words yet.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
I keep saying anime is cringe, now look what we've got. Two dead bodies. And what happened tonight? A n i m e. Smh you all should get into raiding it's so much better

Anyways I'm based I woke up and went to the Arboretum to actually get the chance to look around this time without ending up with a knife in me. On my way out from the History (best) team dorms I see Spooks talking to that mute fellow in the Museum Hall. Spooks is kinda freaking out like he fucked up his re-opener during a dps check (which I've never done just git gud lmfao). I still wanted to know where I could get some easy access to the best game ever (Final Fantasy XIV for the record don't @ me losers) so I grabbed the robocat and dragged him away so I could talk to him. Mute went into the lobby when I did.

Man, I could tell he was freaking it but he was, like, REALLY freaking it. Apparently he got blackmailed and gonna be honest wtf do you even care about getting blackmailed for dude you're a computer cat what are you hiding that would need you to freak out? Bad logs gonna get exposed? Okay dude like we all started somewhere (except me I just started at gold parses and kept getting them because I'm based as fuck) just roll with it. Anyways he calmed down a little bit. Sorta. Not a lot but at least he wasn't screaming anymore. Told me to clean up any messes I saw like I was some kind of custodian fuck that dude that's the most dangerous job in the world as we've seen do it yourself.

After all whatever that was I left him and went to the Lobby and made my way to the Sleep Lab. That seal thingy is broken and looks like it collapsed, lots of rocks and shit, but idc whatever I wanna go look at plants gotta keep my Botanist job skills up to par y'know. When I finally got to the Arboretum I took a look around, buncha plants and shit wow nature. Nothing cool though. Just plants. Not even like some cool cyberplant or something. Kind of a buzzkill. Then I noticed a door blocked by those angry ass vines. Now THAT'S cool. I go to check them out but they fucking hit me what a bastard. Then Jack and Lyra enter and Jack's got a bottle of some shit idk. She goes into the Climate room and does something and then the sprinklers turn on and absolutely decimate the vines get owned stupid plant.

We all go into the room that the vines were blocking and it's kinda useless actually. Or maybe not idk I just raid bro lmao what do I know. We did find a giant switch that was off and a piece of paper that Jack took, I didn't get to check it out though. Jack flipped the switch on and it did wow nothing that's crazy what a useful switch. She left then Lyra took a swing at it after writing on a notepad. Scared the life out of me she was flipping it on and off a million times a second I thought something scary was gonna pop up but yeah nothing happened anyways.

So that was boring. I left and found Astrid outside. We talked for a bit, apparently she was at anime night and it was really bad, someone's too addicted to Chicken Run. Then you guys had a drinking contest? Anyways we talked and went to the Observatory to hang out for a bit. Cool telescope, draws lines and stuff, that's pretty neat. Anyways all that out of the way I went back to my dorm and went to bed.

Fuck anime
Spooks?
(Feb 9, 2024 at 3:49 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: is there anything that was in/on Momoyo's body that's still recoverable?
You find a box cutter and a roll of packing tape. Also like, her clothes if that counts.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 4:16 PM)Columbo Wrote: Set off a grenade outside and compare any remnants to the metal bits found at the Shuttle.
And, random question, where'd Red Spooks get off to? He hasn't said any ominous words yet.
You grab a grenade from the Armory and set it off outside. It explodes more violently than the dynamite, but the metal pieces don't look like they were from the grenade. The grenade's casing is thicker and more distinctly ridged.

[Image: oh_zz9chv.png]

Huh. That's a good question... Normally he shows up at the start of the investigation, right? Says some kind of spooky stuff... talks about his "codex"... I wonder what hap-

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

Ah, I see I have been missed. I am so very glad to have become such a fixture in your daily lives. Perhaps you are starting to enjoy the game? Nonetheless, that will not an excuse to stop your search.

[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

You have all opened so many new avenues, I could not help myself. I thought it prudent to examine these places in-person while the rest of you were occupied with the beginning of today's ritual. The laboratory beneath the lake is quite interesting, and thankfully its guardian appeared to be occupied elsewhere.

Have no fear, when my physical presence is not felt, I am still watching as always - an ever-present observer and the warden of your panopticon.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_with_binder.gif]
Hello, everyone! It seems that Ruby Rose and Momoyo are, deceased. That is a shame. I wished to know them better! They might not be deceased for too long, though! Maybe they will no longer be deceased, like Dr. Liz Grayson! I wonder where Dr. Liz Grayson is?

I woke up and found Phenera, in my room! Hello, Phenera! I like your, suit! It is a very good outfit for the Bureau. Where did you get your top? It is so cute! She said something in Japanese, which was unfortunate. I am currently set to my English language setting. Then, she... well, she acted very forwardly! I did not know you had interest in such... Interesting things, Phenera! But that is okay, I am without judgment! Should we spend more time together so I can learn about these interesting things?

She left, and then I left. But then I saw Phenera again! Hello, Phenera! I like your, coffeepot! It is nice to see you in the Break Room! I went upstairs through the Locker Room, and then I saw Mr. Alan Wake on the Patio! Hello, Mr. Wake! I like your, scent of booze! It is quite strong! Do you like smelling like booze? Then, I saw Ms. Nashu, The Hunter, and Mr. Dodo and joined them. I had received an invitation under my bedroom door to attend a, funeral! I had never been to a funeral before! Have you all been to a funeral before? I think funerals are very interesting! They all seemed to be going to this funeral, so I joined them.

While we were walking through the Sleep Lab, I heard...

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_glare.gif]

Sounds of destruction coming from the Somatic Seal room.

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_inquiring.gif]
Hello, Mr. Pegasus! You are breaking things in this room with your, jackhammer and shovel! It is unkind to break belongings like this! I have been taught many manners! Have you been taught any manners before? I wish I could have stopped his rudeness, but his tools were scary! I left the Somatic Seal room, hoping that he would not cause any, further destruction! Please, Mr. Pegasus, try to remain more kind in future nights!

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_asking.gif]
I went outside, and saw Ms. Roxie Richter digging around by the fountain! Hello, Roxie! I like your, aesthetic! Are you familiar with Japanese media? I am quite a fan of, Japanese media! I wish I could have attended anime night last night! Then, I joined with the funeral procession, which was Mr. Dodo, The Hunter, Ms. Nashu, Riki, and Phenera! It was such an exciting event! Hello, Mr. Goose! You are on fire and flying, through the air! I hope you do not hurt anyone while you are, toppling to the ground!

After it was over, I went back inside through the Archives. There, I encountered, Spooks! Hello, Spooks! You are, panicking about "blackmail"! I am unfamiliar with this, "blackmail". Can you inform me more about the nature of this "blackmail"? I hope it is delivered soon, as mail being delivered is very important! I continued downstairs, where I entered into the Morgue. I was interested in investigating more about the killings that occurred in 2008. I think killings that occurred in 2008 are so interesting! I believe Morgan might have had a similar idea? I discovered a body that was not that old, but did have markings on it, like the ones in that photograph!

Next, I went into the Anomaly Lab. The computers were on, and one of them had a, chat log open! On a program titled, IRC! I did not know that IRC was a program people still used! I thought people talked through the fish-themed social media chat platform, Discod! I love the Discod mascot character, it is a cute fish! Do you all use Discod? While I was reading the log, Roxie Richter entered! Hello, Roxie! You are accompanied by, someone with a tribal mask and cloak! I hope pictures of this other person do not get posted on, Discod! That could be bad for your public appearance!

I went back to reading, but I looked up again and saw...

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_furious.gif]

Roxie, going to open the anomaly containment room! The one with Mr. Trip in it! She did not even have a pizza with her to give him! I moved to stop her, but the cloaked person knocked me out! How rude! When I woke up, I was in the containment room itself, and Mr. Trip was gone! I hope Mr. Trip was able to find his pizza! I was very tired after I woke up. Because of that, I decided I needed to go to bed.

When I was walking back to my dorm, I saw the doggy scratching at its door! Hello, doggy! Why do you look so, frightened? Did something scary happen to you last night? I let it back into its room. You are always welcome to share my dorm room with me, doggy! I can give you, belly rubs! After that, I went back to my room and went to sleep.

Before I could be knocked out, I got a print of those, IRC logs! Would you all like to see those IRC logs? I would love to let you all read those, IRC logs!
I would also like to visit the doggy! Is the doggy okay? Can it give us any sign of what scared it last night! Scaring a dog is not very kind! I hope no one knowingly scared the dog!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Izumi Konata
gonna check near the fountain, any evidence someone got knocked out nearby, or maybe some sort of dragging marks?
Columbo
Is the metal something like the metal from a lighter? Could've been an ignition source.
Spooks?
(Feb 9, 2024 at 5:52 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: gonna check near the fountain, any evidence someone got knocked out nearby, or maybe some sort of dragging marks?
You check out the fountain. Goose's corpse is here, badly burned and lying on the ground in a small crater. On the other side of the fountain is a pile of shit. There are no marks that would indicate dragging.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 6:00 PM)Columbo Wrote: Is the metal something like the metal from a lighter? Could've been an ignition source.
There is probably too much metal for a lighter. Most of the lighters you have seen around here have been plastic anyway.
Izumi Konata
Look in the fountain real quick
Revy
I guess I'll do the honors of pressing the detonator button.
Phenera
[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseLosingIt2_h2tfsd.png]

Ca-Cap-Capture Devices are only to be used on Anomalies... Only- Only... Only to be used on Anomalies... And the Holding Cell is only for those on-site in need of discipline...

P.H.ENERA - BPI DESIGNEE: CLASSIFIED - NIGHTLY REPORT NUMBER THREE

Tonight's assignments can only be punishments for underperforming until now… Security Checks are so risky! If we discover a member of the Crimson Eye and they attack us before we're able to call for backup… But this other assignment is even worse… Doesn't it contravene the sexual harassment policy? How can we be asked to do something that doesn't follow policy? But… But… The Bureau wouldn't put us in a situation where we're reprimanded no matter what we do, would they?

Since a Security Check was the first order of business, we began the night in Agent Giffany's Dorm! She was so interested in speaking with confirmed Crimson Eye member Gus Odeon that she had to be investigated! Our preliminary investigation revealed no contraband or indications she's aligned with enemies of the Bureau, though she has retained a hastily-made Crimson Eye business card. How concerning! Someone could mistake her for a Crimson Eye operative and attack her! We'll have to remind Agent Giffany to submit the card to Spooks, the Magical Cat (™) as soon as possible!

As much as we wanted to avoid it, we had to slap Agent Giffany before we completed our Security Check… Could she understand our apology? Everyone here likes the "Japanese language", don't they? We researched the anime Agent Konata invited us to watch, and it turns out that the audio is Japanese! Speaking Japanese tonight, we won't stand out as much!

After leaving Agent Giffany's dorm, we went down the hallway to the Break Room to make coffee for a funeral service for BPI-2222! These Anomalies are so dangerous, but the Bureau still cares for them so kindly!

ERRATA: Agent Dodo approved and arranged the event without receiving instructions. File a 1020 "Recognition of Exceptional Service" form.

While we were making the coffees, we heard all kinds of noise in the Locker Room, but we couldn't stop to investigate! Being late to another event would get us written up! It was a relief to see Agent Giffany passing through to the Locker Room. She seems so effective when it comes to disciplining employees!

Before we left for the event, we passed through the Facility Lobby to deliver Dr. Lyra's coffee in the Lab Passage! She works so hard, she deserves it! Maybe she deserves a break, too… We tried inviting her to attend Agent Konata's anime night, but she turned it down. Maybe she was right to… Effective Agents don't take breaks that long… but Agent Konata seems so nice…

...It's getting hard to comprehend how a Bureau Agent should act. Everyone approaches their jobs so differently…

After that, there wasn't much time left, so we went back the way we came and took the stairs up to the Patio! Agent Wake was here, but it didn't look like he was doing any work… We hurried past him and crossed the building to the History Dorm to tidy up our room, then we took the back way out and hurried to the Path to the Observatory!

Everyone was there from our last meeting! Agent Dodo, Agent Nashu, Agent Riki, BPI-2300, but also Agent Giffany! There wasn't enough coffee for the unexpected guest, but we'll make sure we bring extra next time! Slapping Agent Riki let us complete our assigned tasks… but maybe there are tasks the Bureau shouldn't assign…

BPI-2222 was given an impressive farewell! We had no idea that it was traditional to burn and launch dead bodies to honor them! We'll remember that for the future! But maybe we'll add a warning alarm to avoid accidents so nobody screams in pain and falls into water in the distance and we don't have to file an injury report!

When the funeral was over, we collected the trash and everyone began to leave, so we decided to begin writing the injury report! As we were leaving to go to the Boathouse so we could prepare the report, Agent Nashu descended into the Mine. Will she be alright down there? Isn't exploring it difficult without proper equipment?

The Boathouse appeared empty, but when we stepped inside… the next thing we knew, we were on an inflatable boat in the lake with a figure we couldn't recognize! We know we should have taken more steps to identify them before acting, but we were so surprised by the change and so concerned that they could be hostile to the Bureau that we attempted to incapacitate them immediately. It was only after we acted that we recognized Agent Morgan! Then…

…we've had a lot of time to file that injury report and form 1020. Agent Morgan improperly used a Capture Device against an Agent and transported us directly to the Holding Cell, where we were forced to sleep.

(Feb 9, 2024 at 5:52 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Phenera! I like your, suit! It is a very good outfit for the Bureau. Where did you get your top? It is so cute! But that is okay, I am without judgment! Should we spend more time together so I can learn about these interesting things?

(It-It's fine! It was mis-used! Capture Devices can effect Age-Agents too!)
(Someone deserves a reprimand!)
(Oh no, they killed BPI-4119!?)
(Som-Someone's talking… No response would be suspicious…)

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseBaseQuizzical_ietwdo.png]

Oh... Oh! Agent Giffany? Oh, outfit? Outfit... It was issued before orientation! We can't spend time violating the handbook's policies, but if there are assignments you have for us, we'll get them done once we're out of this cell!
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Izumi Konata
Hey Spooks, I'm sorry about you getting blackmailed, but are there are any logs for the holding cell? Can you show us if there is?
Giffany
Phenera has asked me to present my knife! Is this another part of the "interesting things" you seemed to be exploring last night? I promise I have no judgment! I'll present my knife for them!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Morgan
Could I go nab a few sticks of Dynamite and try to detonate them in different ways besides the fuse? Like specifically extreme blunt force, crushing them, cutting them, chucking them really hard at the shuttle, et cetera. I'd also like to make up a bundle and check if the explosion could derail the whole shuttle car.
I'll show you a real dance....
Lita
I'll see if I can find an intact wheel and a semi-intact piece of railing. I spin the wheel as hard and fast as I possibly can. Does it cause a spark?