[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 1:31 AM)Jonsohn Smithy Wrote: Heat up a pizza from the cafeteria or some place and then leave it in trip's former cell in an attempt to bait him out
also inspect the Cafeteria while I'm there so that I'm at least being somewhat productive with this investigation
You heat up a pizza from the Cafeteria, then toss it into Trip's former cell. It lands on the floor with an unimpressive splat. While grabbing the pizza, you investigate the Cafeteria, though you don't find anything super out of place. It looks like someone else heated up some pizza though, and a bag of popcorn is missing.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 1:34 AM)Riki Wrote: Oh oh, black slimey scary thing in Receiving Bay Lita see - lead to weird thingy in Service Elevator? Mannequin, or Trip?

Check Lake too for water trash evidence. Not sure Hom Hom friends or Bird People friends did already!
You check the shores of Mirror Lake. A deflated raft has washed ashore, along with a syringe and an oar.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 1:44 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: If I throw the knife in Counter-Terrorism at the ceiling, does it have enough force to become embeded as it was?

I'd like to present [Report - Crystals & Esotera Storage] whenever it's convenient.
You toss the knife in Counter-Terrorism back into the ceiling. With a good throw and enough force, it lodges itself in the ceiling tiles, which appear to be cheap particle board.
Lita
Investigate the Downstairs kitchen. Is Momoyo's soup still on?
Lita
Is there a trail of blood in the hallway or the Counter Terrorism room, or anything that implies Ruby's body could have been moved to Counter Terrorism?
Phenera
Let's see if just chucking the old dynamite from the mine down on a hard surface is enough to make it go off! Probably outside, for safety reasons.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
*Mute
[Image: IxuHave.png]

[Image: hVDPZJJ.png]

Do we have a service manual or anything with engineering drawings and/or use instructions for the shuttle installation? I'll check the computer databases for anything like that and where it might be stored so someone can go over it. For anything on the windows and doors specifically, if the windows are openable, their range of travel, whether opening any of the doors would trigger an emergency stop if done while the shuttke vehicle is in motion.
Character & sprites from Analogue: A Hate Story
Spooks?

music:
[Image: Untitled-4-Recovered_nbzufl.png]

Kyeh, it's not enough that the room behind BPI-4119 didn't hold a seal - now I've gotta play "dynamite wrangler!" C'mon Morgan, get it together before you blow this whole building to kingdom come! It's basic chemistry, stop throwing that stuff around! It's dangerous!

Oh well, I can't expect the average person to know anything about the reactive nature of nitroglycerin.

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

When the night started, I was in my laboratory - still trying to recreate all the files that Bradimir stole from me on Night 1! I'm not all that angry though - it just means I get to begin all my experiments anew! What a thrill! Can I replicate the results? Will something new and spontaneous happen!? Kyahaha, we'll just have to wait and see, especially with all this new information about Esotera coming out!

On that front, I wanted to expand my horizons further and take a look at one of those Seals! I went up to the Sleep Lab to examine the Somatic Seal chamber, but it didn't appear to contain any residual energies. I saw the Archaeologist coming in with his equipment though, and I left him to it and went back to the labs - at which point I met up with a few of my lab assistants.

First of all, I requested a very special item from Revy - something for self defense! With all these Anomalies running around, my taser wouldn't cut it! Thankfully, despite her brutish exterior, she's proven ever reliable. She even started researching a few Anomalies for me! The growth of one's scientific interest is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

Then... Phenera showed up. I couldn't tell you why, but she was speaking Japanese for some reason. You know, speaking in tongues can be considered a sign of Liturgic contamination - she might want to get that checked out. Well, she gave me a coffee anyway, so I can forgive any unauthorized meddling with Liturgic Esotera. She wanted me to go to that "Anime Night" thing, but no way! Like I'd spend my time around a bunch of Astrid's pathetic suckups. I've got my own priorities!

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

Oh yeah... Momoyo was next. We talked for a bit, she wanted to study Anomalies, and I wanted to learn more about whatever's down in those mines. That seemed like a win/win situation, so we figured something out. She went and died on me though, so that discovery venue's closed.

[Image: chesthold_euo8lt.png]

After she left, I went upstairs and out to the Chem Lab. My only other idea of where a Seal could be was in that little room behind the vines in the Arboretum... so I thought I'd try to whip up a chemical formula potent enough to reduce them to dust! Jack of Spades had the same idea though, and we met up and got to work - following some formula she got from the Botany department. Pea watched, but his mind seemed feeble - unable to comprehend our work.

And you'd better believe we did it! A potent herbicide, easily capable of withering even the toughest plant matter!

[Image: teamscience_xy8lff.png]

Go Team Science!

Anyway, we took the formula to the Arboretum and ran into that MMO guy. He observed as we loaded the formula into the dispenser in Climate Control, and reduced that plant to a shadow of it's former self. Take that 4119! I knew the combined brainpower of the Botany Team was inferior to my mental prowess!

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

...Still, we didn't find a Seal. Just some huge power switch. We flipped it on and off a bunch, but it didn't seem to do anything. Laaame. After that though, I broke off from Jack and went downstairs. Through the Patio, if it matters. I went back to the Research Dorms, because the first step to scientific progress is a good sleep!
Phenera
Okay, just one more in the queue, check out the Fountain. Anything at all indicating the presence of a secret staircase? Can I turn something to or click in loose stones at the clock positions corresponding to the inscribed Roman Numerals or something?
Tinkaton
Alas, poor rock girl, Tinkaton barely knew you. Alas, poor chibi girl, no one really knew you.

Tinkaton got up and started looking for 23 and/or Nancy. She passed through the lobby and saw *Mute head towards the security office before seeing 23 leave liturgical study doing...whatever it is he does. After a short encounter, 23 seemed to realize Tinkaton, in fact, is NOT here to do him harm, and he left toward the chapel.

Why IS she obsessed with being friends with the plague doctor, anyway?

After that, Tinkaton went downstairs - she wanted to steal the gun she found previously and take the dog to the party, but neither were anywhere to be found. So she went to the station empty handed, but then...the fated encounter finally happened. As she entered the station, the bird came in from the shuttle line. The two of them locked eyes, staring each other down as Tinkaton attempted to summon the shuttle...but nothing came of it. Tinkaton is too concerned for her own survival to risk it on the foul fowl, so she simply jumped down to walk across the tracks while the bird passed by.

Just wait until after the game. When she has her big hammer back.

Oh, and she found Momoyo's body on the tracks near the destroyed shuttle. Looks like several people did, though.

She went to the anime party which...definitely happened. She can't remember everything, but she recalls what she definitely saw...

- Konata and Revy doing shots while a stiff Dexter watched
-Nancy watching Death Note while playing with the dog - Tinkaton joined them for a bit
-Smithy enter and also pet the dog
-Konata pass out
-Smithy distract Revy while switching out her beer bottle
-Hustler coming in and changing the channel to Chicken Run
-*Mute and Nashu coming in
-Revy and Dexter going next, but Revy spit out her drink and was disqualified
-Tinkaton pouring a keg of beer on Dexter to celebrate his victory, revealing that it's actually Ciel in a bedsheet
-The actual Dexter coming in to own Ciel before sitting next to Nashu

Tinkaton left the party following Dexter's arrival, going the way she came and once again seeing Momoyo's corpse. She ducked into the lobby after going back, and saw...Trip enter the director's lounge. That's concerning. Then she heard some sort of banging coming from the direction of counter terrorism. That's ALSO concerning. After it settled down she hightailed it upstairs, and after quickly looking for a plague doctor mask in the museum hall - there wasn't one, but something was missing - she went to bed.
Izumi Konata
Was the damage in the Counter-Terrorism room contained to just that room or is there damage outside too?
Morgan
Can I also go grab a stepladder and check and see if there's any openings in the Shuttle Corridor's Ceilings?
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 1:16 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki want to see something. Bits, pieces from explodey thing left at door and stairs - Heropon wonder if exist there, too. Like red scrap at train. Bad bad Spooks know what mean?

Oh, Heropon also compare Liturgical masks to last night. Riki remember Astrid and other friends check then, so see if tiki mask missing.
You check the Liturgical Studies door and the Stairway to Heaven. You do see red scraps, though they are not as burned or scattered as the ones down by the Shuttle.

[Image: oh_zz9chv.png]

Oh, I know these masks. You're right, we did look at them last night...

...Well, the All-Night Mask's still missing... But there's another one too! I don't... think it was anything as dangerous though. Just an old tribal mask. I don't remember what it looked like... but that empty spot on the shelf... there was something there at least.

Hopefully that helps.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:02 AM)Lita Wrote: Investigate the Downstairs kitchen. Is Momoyo's soup still on?
You investigate the Kitchen. On the stove is a pot, with... rocks inside. Any water that was in here has long since evaporated though.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:12 AM)Lita Wrote: Is there a trail of blood in the hallway or the Counter Terrorism room, or anything that implies Ruby's body could have been moved to Counter Terrorism?
There is no trail of blood or anything in the hallway. There is blood splashed across Counter-Terrorism, but no distinct trail.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:41 AM)Phenera Wrote: Let's see if just chucking the old dynamite from the mine down on a hard surface is enough to make it go off! Probably outside, for safety reasons.
You grab a stick of dynamite from the mines, flaring up Lyra's anxieties once more. Oh well, in the name of science... you throw it at a pavement stone outside. Nothing happens. It looks like, while volatile, it would need somewhat more effort than that to explode.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:00 AM)*Mute Wrote: [Image: IxuHave.png]

[Image: hVDPZJJ.png]

Do we have a service manual or anything with engineering drawings and/or use instructions for the shuttle installation? I'll check the computer databases for anything like that and where it might be stored so someone can go over it. For anything on the windows and doors specifically, if the windows are openable, their range of travel, whether opening any of the doors would trigger an emergency stop if done while the shuttke vehicle is in motion.
[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

Of course we have a manual for the Shuttle! I have it right here - 23 likes to collect stuff like that for some reason.

Please return it... It is the best work of "science fiction" that hath graced my eyes...

You take and read the service manual for the Shuttle. It is quite technical, though you are able to find the information you seek. It looks like the windows and doors do not open during travel, however there is an emergency hatch on the roof that can open from both the inside and outside in case of an accident. It seems as though opening it does not stop the Shuttle, as there is little chance of an accident occurring due to the placement of the hatch.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:04 AM)Phenera Wrote: Okay, just one more in the queue, check out the Fountain. Anything at all indicating the presence of a secret staircase? Can I turn something to or click in loose stones at the clock positions corresponding to the inscribed Roman Numerals or something?
You investigate the Fountain, doing your best to plug your nose to avoid the SHIT nearby. You attempt to click in loose stones, but nothing happens... until you find one that does jiggle loose. Beneath it, you find a small key - the sort you think could be used to open a lockbox.

No amount of trying to push in stones in or mess with the roman numerals appears to do anything else there. If there IS some kind of staircase here, it is exceptionally well hidden. Either that, or the only archaeological work that Indiana Jones is doing consists of pulling information out of his own ass.
Columbo
There enough clearance under the Shuttle to hide some dynamite on the tracks without it bumping into it?
Pea
(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:03 AM)Spooks? Wrote:

[Image: chesthold_euo8lt.png]

After she left, I went upstairs and out to the Chem Lab. My only other idea of where a Seal could be was in that little room behind the vines in the Arboretum... so I thought I'd try to whip up a chemical formula potent enough to reduce them to dust! Jack of Spades had the same idea though, and we met up and got to work - following some formula she got from the Botany department. Pea watched, but his mind seemed feeble - unable to comprehend our work.

bitch i had the same idea as both of you, don't treat me like a dumpster fire cause you did it first.
Morgan
More investigations

Are there any lighters or matches missing in the Boiler Room, Cafeteria, either Gate, Lounge, or Break Room?

Can you reach the Shuttle Hatch without any assistance from a ladder or something like that?

Is there space to throw Dynamite AROUND the Shuttle (if it were still on the tracks)

How long does it take to run to the center of the shuttle tracks and back to the Stations?

Unsure if we can test, but was it possible to outrun the shuttle?
I'll show you a real dance....
Phenera
Take the fountain key to Gus' room and try to open the lockbox that is allegedly in there.
Revy
Is 1946 still in the Counterterrorism room? If yes, can I take it apart to find anything noticeable? If no, are there any signs of where it could have gone?
Maximillion Pegasus
I would like to use my Scrying Mirror to look into Ruby's murder.
Maximillion Pegasus
I began my night deadset on one task- destroying the infernal Somatic Seal. As I entered the room that houses it, I saw Lyra examining the device and Lily laying about. They both departed and I began to use my tools to destroy the building around the device, hoping to bury it under rubble. Giffany came in and attempted to read off the device's terminal, but shortly after I manage to successfully collapse the room and flee before being buried under rubble.

After my righteous fury, I headed to the mines to excavate some more. I saw Nashu briefly in the room with the rock crusher. After some relaxing mining I left to visit a small suspicious spot near the Geology Lab, where I saw Nashu yet again. Unfortinately all the spot yielded was some bugs and, strangely, a pile of salt.
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:52 AM)Morgan Wrote: More investigations

Are there any lighters or matches missing in the Boiler Room, Cafeteria, either Gate, Lounge, or Break Room?

Can you reach the Shuttle Hatch without any assistance from a ladder or something like that?

Is there space to throw Dynamite AROUND the Shuttle (if it were still on the tracks)

How long does it take to run to the center of the shuttle tracks and back to the Stations?

Unsure if we can test, but was it possible to outrun the shuttle?
You investigate the Boiler Room. It looks like there's some matches missing, but that's it. Nothing that produces flame is missing from any of these other rooms however.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:55 AM)Phenera Wrote: Take the fountain key to Gus' room and try to open the lockbox that is allegedly in there.
You take the key from the fountain to Gus' room... Under his bed, you find a lockbox. You pull it out and try the key - opening it with a satisfying click! You look inside...

It's empty.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 3:56 AM)Revy Wrote: Is 1946 still in the Counterterrorism room? If yes, can I take it apart to find anything noticeable? If no, are there any signs of where it could have gone?
There is nothing resembling anything you'd assume to be "BPI-1946" in the room. There's also no sign of where it could be.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 4:04 AM)Maximillion Pegasus Wrote: I would like to use my Scrying Mirror to look into Ruby's murder.
You look deeply into the black surface of the scrying glass... These results will be given to you privately.
Maximillion Pegasus
The mirror has shown me a fuzzy vision...
I saw someone being hurled out of a Containment Room into what appears to be Counterterrorism. They were flung from the south wall, and then they were violently slammed into furniture.
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]