[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Columbo
One more thing, take a good look around the Control Department. I want a real close look at the area behind where 1946's cell would be. Give the hall to the west of all that a good overview too.
*Mute
Music:

[Image: XytqJeM.png]

[Image: hVDPZJJ.png]

I've added the other log from last night. It's not about either case, or about that irresponsible girl releasing a red-threat level Anomaly for, I dunno, shits and giggles, but now that we have some downtime, here it is.

[Image: BPW7A0G.png]

You know, there's better places to find a man than treating the Anomaly records like a dating agency.

I’m right where I belong – *Mute – 3-ASXW:

[Image: 0E4sYLr.png]

...I wanted to check in on Astrid. From my memory files, she's an important person to the Bureau, and I don't think *Spooks was gonna be too helpful on that with what happened to him last night. She wasn't doing too bad tonight considering.

[Image: ZeKIrFu.png]

Don't get me wrong by the way, it's not just because she's a woman. I mean, Liz was pretty good with guns herself. It takes training, you need the mindset to be ready to use it, and obviously I've never shot a gun, I'm a computer program, but you need the physique to handle the recoil. I don't mean this in bad way! There's nothing wrong with it, and it's her business if she wants to take my advice, but I don't think Astrid is cut out for it.

[Image: IxuHave.png]

I didn't think it was out of line for me to just offer advice, but if she doesn't remember me I get why she felt the way she did.

Look, I can't really come up with an answer for it. My memory is pretty clear that I'm a Bureau security AI and I've been at this Facility for a while. But if neither Astrid or *Spooks remember me from before yesterday evening and there's that weirdness with the Somatic Seal, I can't just go on that. I know I'm not a ghost, because a ghost wouldn't be running on the main computer, but I can't make sense of the contradictions and it's bugging the hell out of me!

[Image: js2k7HO.png]

So yeah, I'm having a bit of a crisis myself.
Character & sprites from Analogue: A Hate Story
Dodo
(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:48 PM)*Mute Wrote: [Image: IxuHave.png]

I didn't think it was out of line for me to just offer advice, but if she doesn't remember me I get why she felt the way she did.

Look, I can't really come up with an answer for it. My memory is pretty clear that I'm a Bureau security AI and I've been at this Facility for a while. But if neither Astrid or *Spooks remember me from before yesterday evening and there's that weirdness with the Somatic Seal, I can't just go on that. I know I'm not a ghost, because a ghost wouldn't be running on the main computer, but I can't make sense of the contradictions and it's bugging the hell out of me!

[Image: js2k7HO.png]

So yeah, I'm having a bit of a crisis myself.

[Image: ae8e3c59c261ebadb6e47d6edef03ff0a09d402c.gifv]

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOURSELF OFF AND ON AGAIN?

[Image: 160fac6a6d6c0ffd0aa1b93bdd5cb337e6722b60.gifv]

I WILL ASSIST YOU WITH THIS ENDEAVOR.
IN EXCHANGE FOR THE CORN KERNELS UPON YOUR HEAD.

Lily
Todays mission is split into two halfs: Comedy and Wealth.
I wake up in the Sleep Lab where *Mute is as well, as I go to leave I notice Pegasus enter the Somatic Seal room.
I head outside and over to Waiting Room, Niles Crane has hired himself as the receptionist here, but this isn't important. I visit Chem Lab to gain the tools for the funniest thing I have said.
The tools I need are not actually here, so I head back out. Niles has has fired himself as the receptionist and isn't in the Waiting Room anymore.
I go through the Sleeping Lab to the good ol' Boiler Room, though I don't notice anyone on the way. I grab a paint bucket and paintbrush before leaving, as Dodo enters the room.
I go to the Chapel and enact my finest piece of comedic art (it is very funny (I am very funny)). DXHustler enters and does not laugh at my art. DXHustler is dead to me.
I then head back to the Boiler Room and swap out my painting tools with treasure hunting tools. This is where the wealth begins. I am going to the forest next, and not for lore, but for buried treasure. I hope to be incredibly rich by the time I leave this place.
I get to the Patio, and Alan Wake and Revy also happen to waiting to enter for the forest. Alan is positively drunk. After enough waiting for something that never happens we all go in.
I don't know what they were in here for, but I know I'm here for treasure hunting. All I manage to find while with them is junk however, curses in a human disguise.
We eventually arrive at a clearing with an odd Humanoid figure, Alan imediatelly runs off, Revy shoots it a bit before running off, and I run off last. Living creatures have no financial value and as such are useless to my goal.
Once we're all split up, I continue treasure hunting. Now I manage to find some stuff (hopefully) of worthy value. I take it and keep searching until I end up back at Mirror Lake, which now has a Lighthouse.
I return to the dorms to at this point. Nashu also seems to leaving the Mine Shaft for the Geology Lab. Once I'm back I just go to bed. My plans to be rich and wealthy will come to fruition in due time.
Dodo
I'd like to check the ceiling above the shuttle wreck, for signs of maybe someone sticking dynamite up there to fall onto the tracks.
Dr. Niles Crane
I'd like to take a closer look at the shuttle tracks - do the tracks look more warped/damaged on one specific side or is the damage centalised towards the middle?

Check the shrapnel/wreckage from the shuttle itself. Do the outer or inner parts of it look more damaged/scorched?

Take a look in the kitchen and cafeteria and see if any aluminium foil is missing.
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:29 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check the checkpoint and gates, do they have any flare guns?
You investigate the checkpoint. There doesn't appear to be any flare guns. Gate 2 has them though, with a supply of other emergency equipment.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:29 AM)Morgan Wrote: Can I compare some stuff to the metal found at Momoyo's scene? Specifically the track itself, or any soda cans from either the cafeteria or kitchen, wherever those'd be.
You look at the odd metal shards by the tracks, comparing it to some soda cans from the Cafeteria and the track itself. It doesn't look like it came from a soda can, and it's definitely not the tracks.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:40 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check out the Chapel, considering things seem to have happened in there.

Oh, and the actual Library, while I'm at it.
You investigate the Chapel, peering within... A tapestry is missing from the wall, and a cup of bloody water is sitting on the altar, which is also bloody. You see the words "CHAPEL? MORE LIKE DAVE CHAPELLE NETFLIX SPECIAL!" painted in red paint on the far wall, a cringeworthy display that is deeply embarrassing.

You then head to the Library. It looks as though some books were moved around, and several are missing.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:59 AM)*Mute Wrote: Alan Wake stated the checkpoints have flare guns so I'll assume he's correct and ask Lyra to test fire a flare (if there are multiple types of cartridge, let's test all of them) and then have her compare any residue or debris to the unknown metal fragments from the shuttle blast site.
Lyra takes a flare gun from Gate 2 and points it off into the distant sky, firing off a flaming shot with a very loud bang. It burns a bright reddish-orange while it's in the air. You examine the residue from the resulting flare, and it does not resemble anything at the scene.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:59 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: I'll have to take a bit longer getting my account done. However; I'd like to show off the flare gun in my possession, and I'd like to go look at where I took it from in one of the checkpoints.
You show off your flare gun. It is a single-shot flare gun colored orange. It's loaded.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:05 AM)Morgan Wrote: Is it possible to determine the origin point of the blast? Was it underneath the Shuttle car or on one side?
The blast markings look closer to the front/underneath of the shuttle than any given side.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:06 AM)Lita Wrote: I look around station 2 for any sign of a spent cartridge.

Also what the hell I also look around Station 1 for the same thing.
You inspect both stations for any sign of a spent cartridge. You find nothing at either station.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:20 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki want to draw scary Trip, and mannequin. Doggy think one more scary than other? Want to know why scared... lots of bad things in basement.
You draw Trip, giving him kind of a monster face in the drawing to make him "scary", then a mannequin. You hold up the paper to the dog. It doesn't seem to react or really be smart enough to comprehend what you're doing.
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 7:25 AM)Jack of Spades Wrote: How far do the armory flamethrowers shoot? Can they be fired far enough to be outside the blast radius judging by the scorch marks?
You take a flamethrower from the Armory, going out to the lake and pointing it towards the waters so as not to cause a fire. You squeeze the trigger, and a jet of flame erupts. The range is... actually pretty impressive. Much, much further than video games would have you believe. You don't think you could control the fire well enough to not leave scorch marks from wherever it was shot.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 8:27 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Did Hustler go with you to the control department? or did you two split up before then?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 8:37 AM)Riki Wrote: Nancy, Control Department... Heropon want to ask, what see before Lounge? Big big scary thing already loose in Control Department, like mannequin?

Riki also think to check Service Elevator for goop, and side room in Mine! Cat Lady saw goopy-goop Liz in explodey room, still there?
[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

Hehe, well... I'll fess up. I wanted to get a weapon, in case someone tried to kill at our little event. That would be rude, and I think they could serve to be taught a lesson in manners if so.

DXHustler... No, after the event, they went off their own way - into the Lab Passage.

You go to the Service Elevator, looking around the area outside. There is a small trail of black residue between the door to Lab Zero and the Service Elevator. You peer into the shaft, and it seems to continue down the sides. You then head into the Mine Shaft, clicking on your flashlight and exploring a bit... You turn a corner and find yourself in a larger cavern.

A hole seems to have been dug through the ceiling, allowing the moon’s light and a sprinkle of rain to pour through. A rope dangles down, and there’s a hole in the ground nearby. You notice, looking around, that this room is full of explosives and explosives accessories, though most are very old.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 8:38 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Can I publicly take a closer look at goopy Liz? Assuming she's still in Explosives Storage. And where exactly does the hole there lead to on the surface?

Liz’s corpse is lying on the ground in here, next to a few boxes of dynamite and blasting caps. You examine it out of curiosity. It’s not moving, and doesn’t appear to be living at all. It’s covered in thick black fluid, but more notably is the fact that it is utterly mangled. Much of its internal muscle tissue has been shredded, and its bones have been broken in hundreds of places. There is a hole in its chest, where much of the black liquid seeps from.

Near the body and the crates of dynamite appears to be a passage sealed off by a thick metal grate. A door is in the middle, leading to the other side, however it seems locked. A red pipe runs along the ceiling and through the grate.

You grip the rope and begin to climb. Before long, you find yourself emerging a ways down from the Observatory, through a small man-sized hole.

Explosive Storage and the shortcut from the Observatory area will be added to the map on the next Night phase.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 9:40 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: Silly question. The knife in Counter Terrorism, the one that was in the roof - does it have blood on it?
You examine the knife. There is a small amount of blood, mostly around the handle, though the blade is cleaner than it is bloody.
Lita
I carefully show off my knife.

Also examine the bruises on Ruby's body. Could she have died from blunt force trauma?
Dodo

"RED CORN FELINE. RELINQUISH A LIST OF ALL VALID VOTING OPTIONS IMMEDIATELY."
Giffany
Hello, Nashu! I like your, man-sized hole! Can I see if you have any extra dirt on you from traveling through the hole?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Riki
Riki big sniff sniff Trip and scary mannequin beepee rooms! Sniff sniff around, follow, Nopon nose know lots! Trip scent in Director's Office, too. Maybe good for compare? Mannequin hard, twisty portals, room empty... don't know mannequin smell...

If Pixel Lady say sniff sniff fine, or Doggy, then good lead? Not sure... Heropon tired.
Dodo
[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

"GOLD CORN FELINE. DOES YOUR BRAINS BEING SCRAMBLED BY THE CRIMSON INTERLOPERS AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO REGISTER WHEN THE EMERGENCY DOOR OVERRIDE CODE IS USED?"
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:09 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Nashu! I like your, man-sized hole! Can I see if you have any extra dirt on you from traveling through the hole?
You examine Nashu closely... She has a bit of dirt on her from squeezing through the hole, but she isn't filthy or anything.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 1:23 PM)Dodo Wrote: Let's check the masks inside the Liturgical studies, as well as any research material that may be present about them.
You check the masks inside the Liturgical Study. There are three masks in one display, with a clear spot where another fourth mask would have sat. These three masks all look like tribal ritual masks from various cultures. You pick one up, but it doesn't really feel special in any way. There is another display where a single mask would have sat, though it is gone. It looks like this is where Astrid indicated the All-Night Mask would have been on the previous night.

You look around for research material on the masks. By the three masks, there is a file, however it is empty - its contents gone.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:23 PM)Columbo Wrote: I'm sure we've been over this already, but for a new night, where do you get a knife like the one in the scene in Counter Terrorism. Kitchen, Cafeteria, Break Room?
The knife in Counter-Terrorism appears to be from the Cafeteria, it is a serrated steak knife. The Kitchen has functionally identical ones though.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 2:42 PM)Columbo Wrote: Oh, and how's the Somatic Seal room holding up? There's not, say, a big hole leading down into the Shuttle Line, is there?
You look into the Somatic Seal room. The ceiling has collapsed in and the doorway is unusable. There's no hole leading up here from the Shuttle Line at least, no hole down there at all.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 5:58 PM)Lita Wrote: I carefully show off my knife.

Also examine the bruises on Ruby's body. Could she have died from blunt force trauma?
You show off your knife. It's a generic knife, similar enough to the one in Counter-Terrorism, but it is spotlessly clean.

You examine Ruby's body... Her injuries look like they could be sufficient to kill her, she is beaten very badly while she was live. It looks like her throat was cut while she was alive as well though.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:02 PM)Dodo Wrote:

"RED CORN FELINE. RELINQUISH A LIST OF ALL VALID VOTING OPTIONS IMMEDIATELY."
[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

Well, well... Such an amusing question. You aren't afraid of something, are you?

Worry not, I will not attempt to subvert the laws of the ritual and deny you this information. You may find all possible suspects in the original post... Alongside the option for suicide, of course. Accidental Deaths to an Anomaly will not receive a trial - however if the victim was sacrificed to the Anomaly by another, or willfully sacrificed themselves, it would also qualify as a murder or suicide.

[Image: smugnowand_axnevu.png]

Oh, and of course... Any newly found potential suspects or character will be added to that list too, if that happens - so keep your eyes peeled! You can read, can't you?
Dodo
(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:37 PM)Spooks? Wrote:
[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

Well, well... Such an amusing question. You aren't afraid of something, are you?

[Image: fcfc58b4d014c0359bfdb5dc60493c29b03346cd.gifv]

"... (Do not mock my recurring nightmare where the walls start oozing gelatin.)"
Lita
Examine the dynamite in detail. How long is the fuse? Is the casing cracked on any of them?

Also examine the groups of dynamite in detail. Do any of them have wires that might lead off into detonators or anywhere else? Are they in fair or at least working condition?

Finally I want to, if at all possible, examine the emergency exit hatch of the shuttle. I am willing to get banged up for this if it requires climbing into the remains. Aside from the explosion which obviously damaged it, is there anything unusual about it that I could tell?

Are there any blasting caps missing?

Look for any missing radios in the gate houses or in the boiler room as these are the most likely places I think you would find handheld radios, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Columbo
How's our mystery metal compare to the blasting caps in that explosives room I've heard so much about?
Spooks?
(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:21 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki big sniff sniff Trip and scary mannequin beepee rooms! Sniff sniff around, follow, Nopon nose know lots! Trip scent in Director's Office, too. Maybe good for compare? Mannequin hard, twisty portals, room empty... don't know mannequin smell...

If Pixel Lady say sniff sniff fine, or Doggy, then good lead? Not sure... Heropon tired.
Riki pulls out a mask that resembles the face of a pig. He puts it on and begins grunting, walking into Counter-Terrorism. He walks into BPI-1946's cell and takes a big whiff, following the trail of the scent.

The scent is faint, even fainter outside the containment cell as it's been a while and other scents dilute the trail. He does pick up on the most recent instance of the scent though, and follows it from the area around the outside of the Anomaly Lab into the Leisure Center and up the stairs. The trail is lost as it enters the Black Forest.

He sniffs Trip's cell... but it doesn't seem to smell much like anything.

(Feb 10, 2024 at 6:32 PM)Dodo Wrote:
[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

"GOLD CORN FELINE. DOES YOUR BRAINS BEING SCRAMBLED BY THE CRIMSON INTERLOPERS AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO REGISTER WHEN THE EMERGENCY DOOR OVERRIDE CODE IS USED?"

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

(...Do I possess the ability to do that?)

(I think I do...)

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

The door code override does not appear to have been used since the death of [EX-STAFF DESIGNATION - GUS ODEON]. I reset it due to the likely possibility that the Crimson Eye agent had provided it to his collaborators.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

I hope I have been of assistance, despite my inability to testify!
Izumi Konata
I'm gonna take the flashlight and try to see if I can find where the mannequin might have gone in the forest
Riki
Riki sniff sniff weird metal on boom boom track. Aluminum? Then sniff blasting caps in Mines. Scent trail?

Heropon know less important, but pick up Trip scent in Director's Office? Want find Trip... for sake of friends' lives. Very very bad things run around!