Ciel
I'd like to show off the traveler's lantern lore doc that konata showed me
Columbo
Any bits of jagged metal in the Boathouse to compare the wound to? Or, just to be thorough, anything left from the Shuttle wreckage last night?
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 4:59 AM)Lita Wrote: Can I compare the wound on Lily's chest to the puncture wound in the side of the raft? Are they the same kind of jagged?
You compare Lily's chest wound to the puncture wound on the raft. They aren't particularly close. The puncture wound on the raft is more like a jagged slash, whereas whatever entered Lily's chest was thick and doesn't resemble a slash at all.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:01 AM)Ciel Wrote: I'd like to show off the traveler's lantern lore doc that konata showed me

Quote:
[Note: Traveler’s Lantern]

The Traveler’s Lantern is an astrological phenomenon witnessed throughout history. Considered to be a non-periodic comet, only rarely and irregularly returning to our solar system, it is considered notable for its red-tinged glow and erratic pattern of appearance.

The Traveler’s Lantern is named after the constellation it is known to pass through upon its visits, known as “The Traveler”. As it crosses the constellation’s threshold, it is said in various folklore that a secret is revealed somewhere in the world, and its faded path of light may lead you there.

It has not been sighted for close to a decade.
Izumi Konata
Spooks, is there anything that was thrown into the Lake? Can you check for any material that might have been thrown into there.

Also, this is related to yesterday and not super relevant to today's case, so you don't need to answer immediately, but can you tell tell me everyone you were nearby last night, and when exactly did you notice that you were blackmailed?
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:15 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Spooks, is there anything that was thrown into the Lake? Can you check for any material that might have been thrown into there.

Also, this is related to yesterday and not super relevant to today's case, so you don't need to answer immediately, but can you tell tell me everyone you were nearby last night, and when exactly did you notice that you were blackmailed?

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

One moment. Allow me to check...

Spooks activates his little magnet thingy. A couple items come out of Mirror Lake. You take them from him and examine them... You see several bullets, as well as what looks like a large piece of ammo resembling a smaller cannonball. There is also what looks to be a pot lid, albeit warped, twisted, and shattered into multiple pieces. Finally, there is a basic kitchen knife.

You then ask Spooks your next question, and he just frowns.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am unable to fully recall.

I received the notice of blackmail at the very beginning of the night when I began my duties, however. There is a 99.999% chance that the power functions remotely and does not require personal attendance.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:05 AM)Columbo Wrote: Any bits of jagged metal in the Boathouse to compare the wound to? Or, just to be thorough, anything left from the Shuttle wreckage last night?
There are no jagged bits of metal in the Boathouse whatsoever. Besides the body and the blood, it is pretty clean.

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

I was attending the Shuttle for most of the night, enacting [PROTOCOL - SHUTTLE REPAIR]. I incorporated the vast majority of the remaining metals into the repaired structure, and I did not witness any of the passing individuals remove any objects from the work site.
Columbo
I would presume said lake knife matches Jack, but we'll check anyway. Does the pot lid, shards, match Lily in any way?
Izumi Konata
Check the destroyed potlid against Lily's wound, and I guess try to find any evidence if this kitchen knife from the lake was used for a murderin'
Momoyo Himemushi
Hey. Spooks. Cat.

Can you tell if anything drained into the mines, like you did with the lake?

Or if not, I'll check it myself.
Maximillion Pegasus
If you can believe it, it was another night of excavating and creating interesting new holes for me.

Firstly though, I wanted to test something in the Break Room. I passed by Morgan and Nashu fighting, and Wario and BPI-2300 onlooking. I declined 2300's offer to engage in combat and put a casserole in the microwave for an unreasonable amount of time. Giffany was rummaging through a drawer in Break Room for something but I didn't stick around to see what for.

I left the area to head towards the mines, and saw Alan Wake hanging out with a seal.

After my usual mining routine I decided to do some more redecorating, jackhammering a new portal into the Lounge. In doing so I appeared to have incapacitated Nashu with rubble, as well as startling a tall, shadowy figure in a long coat with a purple triangle motif. I apologized to the shadow purple guy, and scurried off.

I did some further scouting, discovering the extensive flooding of the mines, before passing by an incapacitated Ciel and Bradimir on my way out.
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: confused.png]

I hope I'm wrong about this, but could I try the Depths Key on one of the locked doors in the Mine Shaft? The one that Indy didn't blow up and invalidate?
Pea
(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:38 AM)The Thing that Lives Beneath Wrote: Surely they've noticed the unnatural movements under its skin.
The soulless look in its eyes.
The unsettling and unnatural imitation of human behaviors, an act it was capable of performing much more convincingly, but of course, that isn't quite as fun.

But now, it is time to reveal itself.
Time to begin shedding the skin that allowed it to escape that dreadful facility where its brethren were bred and studied.
It would not suffer their fate. It will not allow itself to be a tool for war sold to the highest bidder.

What fools they were to think they could contain them.
A species designed to be able to perfectly mimic a human host.
They didn't even notice it was gone until it was a full continent away.

The thing that lives beneath the flesh of "Jonsohn Smithy" is ready.
Ready to use its strengths to aid and protect those it has come to consider friends and allies.

bro i fucking knew it
Spooks?

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

I am freely able to give my testimony once again, and I would be happy to if it would assist in the investigation. It has been a long time since I have been given the chance to testify!

I have spent the majority of tonight's work schedule performing critical repairs on the Shuttle, so I am unsure of the relevance of these statements - however information is paramount in resolving major crisis incidents such as employee death, so my programming compels me to provide information wherever possible to prevent lawsuits based on inaccurate reporting. Also, I appear to no longer be blackmailed, which assists in the matter.

[!TESTIMONY PROTOCOL ACTIVATE!]

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

The damage to the Shuttle is considered a [CLASS-3 EMERGENCY] due to potential hazards on the Shuttle Line. While it is unlikely that one may suffer a collision while the Shuttle is not operational, it is a dangerous environment to walk in due to poor lighting and tripping hazards. I left the Security Office to perform the repairs but encountered an unauthorized individual in the Lobby.

Unlike *Mute, I was not able to determine the purpose of this individual. He appeared to be a strange, unkempt man, and he refused to provide identification. Upon a brief scan, I determined that he was emitting levels of Wraith energy, and therefore I was able to identify that this individual was not a threat. I proceeded downstairs.

I went to the Shuttle Line immediately and began my task for the evening, using the remaining Shuttle parts to assemble a functional facsimile. As I began the welding process, [AGENT DESIGNATION - WALMART JOHN FINAL FANTASY XIV] joined me, and after I informed him that it would be counted as a “Extra Duties” according to the Employee Handbook (pg. 59), and therefore may qualify him for additional vacation time. he assisted by holding the wheels in place while I reattached them to the axle.

He exited in a Northern direction, and shortly after [AGENT DESIGNATION - ALAN WAKE] passed by the work site. He was followed by [AGENT DESIGNATION - DODO], but...

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

His outfit... Not compliant with the dress code...

The next time slot was not notable in activity. I was assisted in my duties additionally by [AGENT DESIGNATION - LITA], who did not require convincing to assist me. It is a [EMOTION QUERY.... RESULT: SHAME] that she will not be receiving additional vacation time, as she is a hard worker. [AGENT DESIGNATION - PEGASUS] however, did not wish to assist. She requested I set up a CCTV feed for her, and I was able to perform the function.

[AGENT DESIGNATION - PEA] was next to provide aid, but shortly after that, my work was complete and the Shuttle was operational. I was joined in my [NON-DENOMINATIONAL CELEBRATORY ACTIVITIES] by [AGENT DESIGNATION - GIFFANY], who wished to pursue a search query. After running several tests to ensure the Shuttle was safe for use, I returned to Station 2 and noticed that the Lab Zero door had been opened.

Lab Zero and the areas within were stated in official Bureau of Paranormal Investigation material to have been sealed due to a containment breach several years ago. The door being open facilitated a high security risk, so I decided to observe the area. My visual intake modules detected that the laboratory hallway appeared rather clean however, beyond a pile of rubble seemingly caused by a wall collapse. I was confused by these findings, as I did not detect any noncompliant Anomalies in sight.

I spoke to [AGENT DESIGNATION - COLUMBO] as I was performing my watch. He is a very nice man. I enjoy speaking with [AGENT DESIGNATION - COLUMBO]. Additionally, [AGENT DESIGNATION - RIKI] emerged from the hallway, covered in a notable amount of blood and with a gunshot wound. I expressed sympathy and concern in accordance with protocol, however he seemed to be in a good state of mind.

With no other disturbances from the Lab Zero doorway, I returned to the Security Office to recharge.

I am Spooks, the Magical Cat™! Thank you for listening! Please do not attempt to blackmail me again!
Nashu Mhakaracca
Are there any splatters of blood along the shore on either the island or the mainland?

How many in-tact boats/rafts are currently in each location?

Where is the island elevator right now, top or bottom of the shaft?
Alan Wake
Are there any harpoons in the boathouse, or on any of the boats and shores?

Does the BPI in the lighthouse have a harpoon?
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:30 AM)Columbo Wrote: I would presume said lake knife matches Jack, but we'll check anyway. Does the pot lid, shards, match Lily in any way?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:31 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check the destroyed potlid against Lily's wound, and I guess try to find any evidence if this kitchen knife from the lake was used for a murderin'
You check the knife against Jack's wound, inserting it. The blade is a perfect match, basically. The pot lid and other metal shards don't resemble Lily's wounds however. They are still thin, whereas Lily's wound is wider and differently shaped.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:37 AM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: Hey. Spooks. Cat.

Can you tell if anything drained into the mines, like you did with the lake?

Or if not, I'll check it myself.

I do not think that would be advisable. As the mines are completely flooded and the water may be contaminated with other materials, I risk damage to my physical interface. You are free to investigate on your own, but please be aware of the hazards present in dirty water.

You head into the Mines yourself. There's nothing particularly out of place in the Explosive Storage, though you do notice that the water level appears lower here. The large grate and metal door at the end of the tunnel have been blown open, and there appears to be a form of drainage pipe built into the wall base beyond it. You head for the Crusher room, but also discover nothing out of place. The Crusher however appears to be shorted out, and is no longer functioning.

You walk into the Crystal Cave next, and notice some torn and cut paper floating around in the water here, but that's all that stands out to you. The door at the end of this room is still intact.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:50 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: confused.png]

I hope I'm wrong about this, but could I try the Depths Key on one of the locked doors in the Mine Shaft? The one that Indy didn't blow up and invalidate?
You try the Depths Key on the other locked door in the Crystal Cave. You let out a wail of despair as you realize that... it works.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:44 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Are there any splatters of blood along the shore on either the island or the mainland?

How many in-tact boats/rafts are currently in each location?

Where is the island elevator right now, top or bottom of the shaft?
You walk along the mainland coast. It doesn't appear as though there are any blood splatters along the beach, though you don't think that means much considering it's... wet. You take the boat across the way to the island as well, but also don't see any blood.

You see one intact raft tied up at the mainland docks, one just kind of moored on the beach, and the boat. There is one raft still at the island. The Boathouse has several, but they don't appear used.

You press the island elevator button. The elevator rises up from below. Guess that answers that.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 7:15 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: Are there any harpoons in the boathouse, or on any of the boats and shores?

Does the BPI in the lighthouse have a harpoon?
You don't see any harpoons in the Boathouse or on the boat or shorts. Upon checking the Lighthouse, you do see some harpoons mounted on the wall, though the diving suit in the containment room doesn't seem to actively have one.
Columbo
Anything or anyone hiding in the Thalassic Seal room?
Columbo
Where would you get a "standard bureau uniform" anyway? Any of 'em in the Locker Room?
Ciel
- head out to fight night, tinkaton nancy 23 and morgan are here
- 23 rushes in like a blur and beats the shit out of morgan, gives him a good sweep, kicks him in the head to launch his ass, then grabs a chair and gets ready to slam it on his head before I step in and stop him
- tinkaton hugs his leg then leaves, with nancy trailing off later
- morgan and I spar for a while, evenly matched throughout, culminating in mirrored strikes that ends the bout in a draw
- the duel over, I head on over to the chapel for game night
- tinkaton has been tied up so I undo the restraints, then setup my little game for her and other guests to the event to play
- dodo enters and sets up his other m session, I leave for more pressing matters
- awake is at the patio with his manager barry, wait with them till konata and revy show
- wario charges in, knocks konata about a lil, distributes dynamite, then takes his leave
- wake pairs himself with konata so I grab revy and hauls ass through the woods
- interrupting our leisurely stroll through the woods, a shadowy figure (it's the trip-like being) approaches and goes on the attack
- a tiki mask and cloak clad stranmger screeches on in and knocks the shade to the ground
- revy seems intent on fighting the thing so I take off into the fog, there's some yellow paint on the ground somewhere in the woods
- eventually run into lita who brandishes a knife defensively, but we talk it out and walk out of the woods together, exiting near the arboretum
- a figure obscured by fog is seen entering the sleep lab, lita makes for the arboretum, while I head for the mines
- get into a tussle with bradimir, we tumble into the trench as water rushes to fill it and we get knocked out
Phenera
Hmm, just to check a stray thought, check Lily's wound against a serrated landscaping scythe from the Arboretum. Might be too thin still, but if it were jabbed in forcinly instead of used to slash, I could see it making an unusual, jagged wound.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite