Phenera
[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseLosingIt1_dmq8rl.png]

Ouuuugghhh...

We're all Bubsies in the swamp... Everyone is... just a Bubsy... in the noxious swamp called life... Just a Bubsy...

Guuuhhh...

P.H.ENERA - BPI DESIGNEE: CLASSIFIED - NIGHTLY REPORT FOUR

It's lonely in the Holding Cell.

Dr. Lyra abandoned us to search for more seals. We did everything we were told to do in defending the facility. We took the initiative to conduct menial research on behalf of senior agents. We brought drinks. But they still locked us away…

We've had time to think in here. To remember. The room they put us up in before coming here was just like this. There were bars. There were only essentials inside. That was no room. It was a cage.

We tried. We tried so hard to do everything right, but they'll even kill or jail Anomalies that do everything they ask.

This… It's… Encaged here isn't the natural place for Anomalies, is it?

Maybe… Maybe Anomalies deserve the chance to live. Maybe they deserve the chance to make art, to contemplate justice, to do science, just like Agents do.

They should be able to. Someone should stand up, and prove that they can! Wait! That's it! Dr. Lyra isn't around, and our only assignment tonight is only a bureaucratically-approved method of getting us out of the way! The rest of tonight, we'll be the ones to show them!

Art

Neither Agent Nancy or The Hunter were at their assigned post tonight, so calling out for them was ineffective. Eventually, a strange orange cat came and unlocked the Holding Cell. They had a powerful aura about them… a noxious one. Could they have been the unauthorized emulation of Agent Spooks? Why did- Why- Who-? What told us to call them Bubsy??

Everything when we left was… foggy and blurred. We couldn't walk straight and felt weak. It felt… it felt like… walking through a muddy marsh, and… getting… enraged. Violent. It was all we could do to walk into the Control Department and find a computer. We weren't assigned to it, but when we've already been jailed, what else can they do to punish us for violating policy?

We sat at the computer and opened up a program called GIMP, and we started to… we started to… make a picture. We put what we were feeling into a picture, and those unusual emotions began to drain away. While we were working, a Bubsy entered, went into the Armory, and came back out. It took us a long time to finish, but we did it! We made an art! We'll attach it to the end of our nightly report!

Justice

We weren't only feeling better after making an art! We felt energized! We felt more powerful! When agents have extra energy, they sometimes engage in organized active games called sports, so why shouldn't we? There was a combat tournament going on in the Lobby, and Agent Morgan was going to be present, and… Someone needed to teach him the meaning of justice!

We walked all the way to the Facility Lobby and walked past the new trampoline as we stepped into the elevator. While we were riding up, we knew there was only one thing to do! While we were jailed, we had hours to think and reflect, and we spent some of that time thinking about what "justice" means, and all the figures Agents and civilians consider righteous and just…

So we came to a conclusion! To dispense justice, we had to become the one person that everyone agrees is the pinnacle of justice! We became…

BATMAN!

When we stepped off the Elevator and into the Lobby, we saw Bubsy,, Bubsy, Bubsy, and Bubsy waiting. One Bubsy walked up to us and said something like "WAHAHA! YOU-A-SHOULD JOIN THE TOURNAMENT!". Was that the registration process?

We didn't have to do much to get registered, and another Bubsy stepped up to fight! That must have been Agent Morgan! The clash began, and we used all of our security skills except lighting people on fire! It was a tough and difficult fight, but we managed to topple Agent Morgan and deliver justice!

Remember this lesson, Agent Morgan! Don't confine Anomalies in Containment Devices! It's rude! It's cramped and uncomfortable inside and there's no food!

There was a small victory celebration after that, and a Bubsy gave another Bubsy some kind of signal and seemed to take over their shift guarding the door. A different Bubsy came in and handed their guns to another Bubsy. Then they fought another Bubsy. That Bubsy was Agent Morgan again, right? The gun-toting Bubsy defeated Agent Morgan, collected their guns, and left.

There was a celebration at the end of the tournament, too. Once it was finished, all the Bubsies dispersed, and we went to the Anomaly Hall so we could go to the Auxiliary Building.

On our way out, while we were passing through the Whisper Valley Archives, we saw a Bubsy trying to enter the Restricted Files Room. We should have… No! No, trying to stop them should have been someone else's job! The Bureau doesn't care what work we do! But… there are a few nice Agents here, and nice Anomalies… so… to document it, we took a picture in case it turned out to be important.

Science

We stepped outside into the dense fog and walked towards the Auxiliary Building. Along the way, we heard voices and approached them, but nearly stepped into a ditch!. Voices… Bubsies? Ditches… dirt… mud… Swamp? Why… Why can't we stop thinking about this tonight?

Once we recovered from nearly tripping, the voices stopped so we kept going until we found the Waiting Room entrance. We passed through it and Decontamination, and picked up a snack in the Cafeteria, since that was our only assignment for tonight. Now they're not even hiding that they just want us out of the way…

After getting our snack, we entered the Chem Lab. There was some kind of room here marked "radioactive". That term never came up in the lab safety briefing videos, but it sounded… comforting. It sounds like… something we should… know. Did a buried memory tell us… we should get in there?

To get inside, we prepared a chemical experiment. The chemicals we used should result in an explosion, and if we calculated correctly, it should open the door!

Experimenter's log: Acid is drying now. A Bubsy has entered the room and left towards the Anomalies down the hall.

Experimenter's log: IT WORKED! OUR EXPERIMENT WAS A SUCCESS! THE DOOR WAS DESTROYED!

What a successful night! We made art, we delivered justice, we did science! Anomalies aren't one-dimensional! Anomalies have layers to them! They're as multifaceted as any Bubsy Agent! They can contribute just as much to the swamp Bureau as any Bubsy Agent! They can defend the swamp from Crimson Busbies! They canNOT BE IN THE SWAMP!

NO BUBSIES ARE ALLOWED IN THE SWAMP!

[Image: GetOutOfOurSwamp_z9goha.png]
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 8:19 AM)Columbo Wrote: Where would you get a "standard bureau uniform" anyway? Any of 'em in the Locker Room?
You check the Locker Room. There are a few "standard bureau uniforms" consisting of dark blue jackets and pants hanging on hangers. None of the hangers are empty, and they are all freshly pressed.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 1:13 PM)Phenera Wrote: Hmm, just to check a stray thought, check Lily's wound against a serrated landscaping scythe from the Arboretum. Might be too thin still, but if it were jabbed in forcinly instead of used to slash, I could see it making an unusual, jagged wound.
You compare Lily's wound to a landscaping scythe. As expected, it is too thin, and slides neatly through the wound.
Izumi Konata
Tilby (formerly known as Jonsohn) gave consent, so can I check if their claws match Lily's wounds?
Phenera
Oh, right, I should present the picture I took in the Archives. Let's see who it is.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Izumi Konata
Let's do a general sweep of the boathouse and aquatic lab for anything that wasn't there before
Lita
I decided I've had it up to here with my performance in this game. Mainly I've been fucking around walking back and forth like a NPC not doing anything of value. So tonight I set out to change that! I'm going to do something!

... Right after I get some entertainment of course.

So I set out from my dorm to see Morgan's fight club. Morgan and Wario née Hustler were already there waiting, with Hustler asking me if I wanted to participate. Nah, violence for thee but not for me. We loitered for a bit waiting for a challenger to show up, and that challenger was Batman née Phenera. Phenera wiped the floor with him. You'll get her someday, chief.

After this BP-2300 and The Thing That Lies Beneath née Jonhson Smithey showed up. This isn't very classy of me I will admit but I was startled by his appearance and fled downstairs to the Facility Lobby. I'm really sorry! I won't be caught off guard next time! Oh also there was a trampoline there for some reason not that I think that has dick to do with anything.

From there I made a quick detour to Station 2 to help Spooks repair the shuttle. I also asked him to keep an eye on the Aquatic Lab if he could, fat lot of good that'll do probably. I then proceeded to Receiving Bay next and climbing down the ladder to the Service Elevator Room, steeling myself against any weird shadow goop... And finding a whole lot of nothing, but I did manage to turn the Service Elevator back on! Yay I was useful!

I left via the Gate and Black Forest entrance path. To be honest this was pretty dumb of me considering the fog and the Black Forest's Black-Forest-ness. I armed myself and made my way through there, eventually running into Ciel who I probably scared the shit out of by waving a knife at her. Sorry again, you know how it is with spaghetti née killing games. Ciel and I managed to make our way out safely. I went to the Arboretum, she went east. In the Arboretum I met Nancy who was guarding the door née Vine anomaly. She politely dissuaded me from screwing with it. Understandable.

That was it for me though, I went back to the dorms and slept.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 7:48 AM)Columbo Wrote: Anything or anyone hiding in the Thalassic Seal room?

You enter the Thalassic Seal room, crossing the burned-out Aquatic Lab and opening the doors...

[Image: sealchambernull_chn1fe.png]

The seal lies deactivated in the middle of a dim room, the dark blue glow of the Thalassic Seal having been extinguished, taking the view of the lake bottom with it. Someone is standing in here, facing the now-blank panels covering the room's walls.

They turn to face you as you enter, an ominous blue glow in their eyes.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

Kyeh... heh...

I was wondering when you'd show up. I've been waiting for you.

I've seen so much. The ocean of the human consciousness flows so, so deep. I never would have expected it. I never could have. I understand now. I understand everything. I've seen below the surface, the potential we hold if only we dared dredge the darkest corners of our collective psyches and bring together the shadows and the light. Do you want to know what we could find?

Kyeh... heh... it's... beautiful. A sight unseen.

[Image: lyrathalassic2_kvqwcr.png]

But that can wait. You... you killed her, didn't you? One of you...

Oh, Dr. Jackson... A brilliant mind, almost matching mine in its expanse. You were taken too soon. Crimson Eye, The Bureau of Paranormal Investigation, no matter where your allegiances lie, we're all united in our search for what lies beyond the limits of our fragile forms, the limits shackled to our souls by the ancient one's curse.

If only I could have shared this with you...

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha! Don't worry. Even now, I can still hear you, your voice swirling in the well of souls. A cacophony of rushing currents, yet all as clear as the calmest shore.

Surely, your co-conspirators would have had to be put down eventually, but I trust that you would have seen reason in the end. You, one of the only people here dedicated enough to progress to help me on my journey of discovery. They don't know what I know.

The rest of you... cowards, one and all. Break the seals, don't break the seals... it doesn't matter. They are but a temporary measure, and the contingencies run deep. I see it now. The only roadblock is the cat and his master, seeking to steal destiny from our waiting grasps.

The Director knows the way. Sooner or later, we'll all burst from the depths - and walk towards Heaven's Light.

Indiana Jones (Old)
Did you really drink all of that?
Izumi Konata
Oh wow, you're eyes are really blue now. Wait I haven't looked in a mirror yet what do my eyes look like?
Izumi Konata
oh yeah, Spooks, does that little magnet thing you have only get metal? Or did you get everything from the lake?
Nashu Mhakaracca
Do any of the rafts or boats have blood on them?
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 4:38 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Tilby (formerly known as Jonsohn) gave consent, so can I check if their claws match Lily's wounds?
You grab one of the mantis claws now protruding from the... man's? back. It is long, sharp, and attached to an insectoid limb. The whole thing is covered in a dark green carapace. It doesn't matter though, because his scythelike claw is too thin still, and doesn't match the wound at all. It looks like a slashing tool, and would be bad at stabbing.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 4:47 PM)Phenera Wrote: Oh, right, I should present the picture I took in the Archives. Let's see who it is.
You present a polaroid photo. It's a picture of Konata, entering the Restricted Files.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 5:12 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Let's do a general sweep of the boathouse and aquatic lab for anything that wasn't there before
You do a general look around the Boathouse first. Nothing here appears to be out of place, besides the uh... body, though a window at the back of the boathouse has a small crack in it, likely from being slammed hard.

The Aquatic Lab, burning aside, only has a broken vodka bottle that is out of place.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:15 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Did you really drink all of that?
[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha... Metaphorically, you could say that. I've drank deep from the waters of life.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:17 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Oh wow, you're eyes are really blue now. Wait I haven't looked in a mirror yet what do my eyes look like?
You look in the mirror in the Bathrooms. Your eyes are a strange, swirling pink. Staring too deeply into them makes you feel kind of sleepy, as if you weren't already.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:39 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: oh yeah, Spooks, does that little magnet thing you have only get metal? Or did you get everything from the lake?
[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

That is a good query. It only attracts metal items, however most items that do not consist of metal or other heavy substances should wash ashore due to the natural flow of the lake. I can attempt to dredge the lake, however I do not believe there to be anything else within the lake than the items I have recovered.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:41 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Do any of the rafts or boats have blood on them?
The inflated ones do not, and you doubt you could be able to tell whether the deflated ones were ever bloody, due to their extended exposure to water.
Izumi Konata
anyone wanna see if staring into my eyes makes them sleepy? Or if it's just me being really sleep
Dodo
(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:54 PM)Phenera Wrote: Dr. Lyra abandoned us to search for more seals. We did everything we were told to do in defending the facility. We took the initiative to conduct menial research on behalf of senior agents. We brought drinks. But they still locked us away…

We've had time to think in here. To remember. The room they put us up in before coming here was just like this. There were bars. There were only essentials inside. That was no room. It was a cage.

We tried. We tried so hard to do everything right, but they'll even kill or jail Anomalies that do everything they ask.

This… It's… Encaged here isn't the natural place for Anomalies, is it?

Maybe… Maybe Anomalies deserve the chance to live. Maybe they deserve the chance to make art, to contemplate justice, to do science, just like Agents do.

[Image: 4083982c0e01249d4aed6d9c42ec4971b241bc1b.gifv]

IT WARMS MY CALLUSED HEART THAT YOU ARE BEGINNING TO SEE THE TRUTH, SLIME CHILD.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR TORTURERS HAVE DONE TO YOU TO PUT YOUR MIND INTO THE STATE IT IS IN RIGHT NOW.
BUT NEVER FORGET: YOU ARE STRONG. AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

LET THEIR MEDDLING FALTER AND BURN UP IN THE CLEANSING LIGHT OF YOUR UNWAVERING SPIRIT.

[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

STAY IN CONTROL. STAY ALIVE.
YOUR GLORY WILL SHINE FORTH AND REND THE EARTH, MARVELOUS AMALGAM.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 6:00 PM)Spooks? Wrote:

The rest of you... cowards, one and all. Break the seals, don't break the seals... it doesn't matter. They are but a temporary measure, and the contingencies run deep. I see it now. The only roadblock is the cat and his master, seeking to steal destiny from our waiting grasps.

The Director knows the way. Sooner later, we'll all burst from the depths - and walk towards Heaven's Light.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

I SEE NOW, THAT THE CORRUPTION WITHIN YOU RUNS MUCH DEEPER THAN JUST YOUR SENSE OF ETHICS, BUTCHER.
YOUR CALLOUS BETRAYAL OF YOUR EMPLOYER'S TRUST SPEAKS TO A ROTTING SENSE OF LOYALTY AS WELL.

[Image: 3701858660a0ed16c1698a369ee5f25d6b556797.gifv]

YOU TREACHEROUS WENCH.

[Image: 4c5832645076068294ed053327abb65622329ed7.gifv]

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE AFTERTASTE OF SLURPING FROM THE TOILET OF WISDOM.
FOR I AM SURE THE TRUTH YET DAWNS AT THE BRINK OF YOUR EXPANDED HORIZON:
GRAND ACTIONS LIKE YOURS COME WITH A GREAT COST.

TAKE THIS FROM THE KEEPER OF TRUE UNFATHOMABLE KNOWLEDGE:
WHETHER IT BE THROUGH MY REPORT OF YOUR APOSTASY TO YOUR SUPERIORS, OR A MORE DIRECTLY UNPLEASANT FATE.
I SHALL RELISH THE SIGHT OF YOUR COMING DESTRUCTION.
Morgan
Lyra, are you responsible for the fires? Was the place already wrecked before you got here?
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Yeaaaah, okay. Let's all just stop gawking at the psycho for a minute and listen to the real facts .

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

I was right down there in the middle of the action - like a regular wartime journalist. Yeah, you know what they call those people? Heroes, bitch. Sure, I was actually several rooms down the hall when everything went down, but that's not important. What IS important, is that with the scientist having gone all blue-eyes on us, I'm the only one who willing to deliver the facts.

So, buckle up. Today's episode? Dexter Hexley, Paranormal Investigator in... A Murder at Lighthouse Isle!

[Image: ugh_cyyy51.png]

I'll admit, things didn't start according to plan. There I was, waiting in the Lounge for a case to crop up. I saw the writer guy and his Seal, but that's not the kind of seal we deal with in this business. He didn't have a case for me. Then... the dame walked in. She was dressed as skimpy as they come, round as cantaloupe, all covered in black feathe-

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Christ, it was Dodo! I couldn't tell you why the fuck why, but he was dressed in women's workout gear, with a bra stuffed to like, freakish proportions. Dude just started stripping, right then and there - then he jacked my fridge and TV! What the hell, dick!? I was watching that! And my ginger ale too!

Ugh. I went after him into the Kitchen, ended up in his weird library. He guided me through - the fucking least he could do - and I wound up in the Museum Hall. Well, I wanted to go back to the island anyway, so no big loss. I went outside and... fuck, I don't think I've seen fog this thick since S3E3 - The Mystery of Foggy Cove. I managed to fumble my way up to the docks anyway, where I met up with Dr. Crane. He was wearing a box on his head for some reason, but that's not the most fucked thing I saw tonight anyway.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Great minds think alike, and we headed back across the lake in one of those rafts.

Me? Personally I don't usually see Lighthouses suddenly appearing out of nowhere, so that was my destination. We checked out the Lighthouse though. Nothing really impressive. Lamp doesn't work worth a shit, apparently needs oil, but I couldn't get a barrel up the stairs alone so I ditched the idea. I saw Nashu and that bird-brain Hunter in here too, but I couldn't tell you what they were doing. Left them in there alone with each other. Crane left before them too, headed over for the elevator.

I met up with him and took that elevator down, he put on some kind of blanket, like a wannabe ghost. I dunno, don't ask me. We split up though - I figured there'd be more of a scoop down that hall we got chased out of last night.

[Image: mean_ipawhx.png]

...And I was fucking right, baby.

I went back into the Anomaly Lab - and you can call me "The Exterminator", because I caught myself a rat. There was this guy in here, soaking wet bag on his head, trying to steal as many files as he could and shove them into another wet bag. My guess? Trying to destroy them, just like that Bradimir guy earlier. He saw me, of course, and the piece of shit attacked!

Oh yeah, you'd better believe it was a struggle. He was throwing around all sorts of shit like a fucking ninja. Guy was leaping around the room faster than the eye could see. He had weapons too, all sorts! Of course, I was able to take him down. One well-placed gunshot - non lethal of course - sent him to the floor. I unmasked him, and...

...It was that fluffball, Riki!

I dunno what he was doing trying to steal all these files, but I took a look in his bag, and I'll tell you - there's some pretty juicy stuff he's got. Nothing related to the case, I'm sure, but you gotta wonder about his motives. My guess? One of those Crimson Eye agents, just like Jack of Spades. Why else would he be sneaking around, masked up, trying to sabotage shit?

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Anyway, I hung around for a bit. Saw Nashu. Eventually, decided to head out. Turns out there was a fire spreading around the Aquatic Lab, so I hauled ass getting into the elevator. Sent it back down when I got up too, because I'm a good samaritan who didn't want someone cooking to death trying to escape. You're welcome. Anyway, I met back up with Crane, and we went back to shore the way we came. He went east, and I went back in through the Sleep Lab or whatever it's called - trying to go to Dodo's... event thing.

If Dodo was gonna traumatize me, I was gonna watch him traumatize himself. He was basically done though. What a shocker, Other M blows nuts. At least the fridge was here. Coming here turned out to be a mistake though. When Dodo finished playing his game, guy challenged me to Mario Party 8. I knew I'd get my payback by beating his ass, but...

He was a filthy cheater! A three star lead? Two bonus stars? Seriously, fuck off. I even picked Dry Bones! He's my boy! I can't lose as Dry Bones, especially on Koopa's Tycoon Town!

[Image: ugh_cyyy51.png]

Uhhh... where was I? Right, yeah. That was about it. Went to the Lounge after that, ran into some guy in a fatsuit. Smelled like sweat and garlic. Then I had a couple drinks with Dr. Crane and that was about it.

[Image: mean_ipawhx.png]

Anyway... Riki. I've got a proposition for you, little guy. How about this?

You're gonna meet me in the Meeting Room tonight, and you're gonna answer my questions. Lie if you want, but unless you want me to air out your dirty laundry for all to see, then you'd better think twice about what you say. The Crimson Eye might have a Blackmailer, but it's about time we got a Blackmailer of our own, I think.
Izumi Konata
Riki consented to a body check, so gonna do that
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 8:49 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Riki consented to a body check, so gonna do that
You body check Riki.

He is kind of wet, and has a notable gunshot in his shoulder, also making him pretty bloody. He is carrying a damp sack, and appears to have another wound - a stab wound in his thigh.
Dodo
[Image: 6e139ae98697f2bd764c6da6ba80ade703031ce9.gifv]

I AWOKE IN THE DOG'S CELL. I WENT BACK TO MY BEDROOM AFTER THE INVESTIGATION TO... CONTEMPLATE, BUT THE RED CAT TOLD ME I WAS TO BEGIN MY NIGHT WHERE I WENT TO SLEEP THE NIGHT PRIOR, SO, RULES ARE RULES. THE DOG ESCAPED AS I LEFT.

I ENTER THE "LOBBY", WHERE MORGAN SAID THE RITUAL COMBAT WAS GOING TO TAKE PLACE. THERE ARE TWO "LOBBIES", SO SURELY HE MEANT THE ONE THAT WAS ON THE SAME FLOOR AS HE SLEEPS. THE ONE EVERYONE IN THE RESEARCH DORM WOULD THINK OF FIRST WHEN THEY HEAR "LOBBY". RIGHT?

WRONG! HE DIDN'T SHOW UP. AND AFTER I HAD GONE THROUGH THE EFFORT OF GARBING MYSELF IN THE SYMBOLS OF YOUR HUMAN OPPRESSION AND DOMINANCE TOO. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME HE HAS EVADED HONORABLE COMBAT WITH ME. SO I HAVE DECIDED THAT I AM DONE WITH HIM PLAYING COY AND DECLARED MYSELF THE VICTOR. I DID A CELEBRATORY EXERCISE ON A TRAMPOLINE. ALAN WAKE WALKED BY WITH SOME KIND OF FISH DOG AS I DID.

I THEN PROCURED A CART FROM THE RECEIVING BAY AND ROLLED IT OVER TO THE LOUNGE, PASSING THE YELLOW CAT ON THE WAY. DEXTER WAS HERE, THOROUGHLY STUNNED BY MY OUTFIT. HE BEGGED ME TO LET HIM HAVE IT AND I DID. I FIGURE HE NEEDS THAT KIND OF THING TO GET THROUGH LIFE.

DECIDING I WAS NOT GOING TO CARRY A TV ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAPEL, I USED THE POWERS VESTED IN ME TO CREATE A LINK BETWEEN THE KITCHEN AND LITURGICAL STUDY AS A SHORTCUT. DEXTER FOLLOWED ME THROUGH LIKE A LOST PUPPY. IT WAS KIND OF CUTE. I'M THINKING ABOUT KEEPING HIM.

IN THE CHAPEL I RAN INTO THE HAMMERED MENACE. I AFFECTIONATELY TIE HER UP AND TELL HER TO WAIT WHILE I RUN AN ERRAND, BUT SHE SEEMED STRANGELY APPREHENSIVE. I DON'T KNOW WHY.

I PASSED THROUGH THE SLEEP LAB AND WENT OUTSIDE. THE FOG WAS THICK AND I COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING AT ALL, BUT I HUGGED THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING UNTIL I REACHED THE ARCHIVES WHERE I PROCURED THE VIDEO GAME DEVICE. I CARRIED IT BACK THE SAME WAY.

WHEN I RETURNED TO THE CHAPEL, CIEL WAS HERE, PEDDLING SOME GAME ABOUT THE ENSLAVEMENT AND EXPLOITATION OF LITTLE ANOMALIES. IT WEIRDED ME OUT A BIT, BUT I STAYED POLITE. TINKATON RAN AWAY BEFORE I COULD GIVE HER THE PROMISED HUG. WHY IS EVERYONE RUNNING FROM ME TODAY?

CIEL LEFT AND I STARTED PLAYING THE GAME, OTHER M. I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF ENJOYABLE. I LIKED THE PART WHERE THE ADAM MADE THE HUMAN WITH THE LARGE CHEST WALK THROUGH LAVA WHILE FORBIDDING HER FROM TURNING ON HER AC. THAT WAS VERY RELATABLE. AND THEN HE SHOT HER IN THE BACK TO LET THE METROID ANOMALY DEVOUR HER WHILE HE WENT TO PARTY ALONE WITH THE OTHER ANOMALIES? HE MUST BE THE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER COMMITTED TO MEDIA.

THE GAMEPLAY SUCKED THOUGH, HOLY HELL.

AT SOME POINT JOHN SMITHMAN CAME IN AND EXPLODED INTO A MANTIS MONSTER. I APPROVE. SO DID THE VENERABLE HUNTER, WHO ARRIVED A LITTLE LATER. THEY BOTH STAYED FOR A BIT, THEN LEFT AGAIN. THOUGH JOHNNY MANTIS RETURNED A BIT LATER TO CLEAN UP THE MESS HE MADE.

THEN DEXTER WALKED IN, LOOKING REALLY TIRED. WE PLAYED MARIO PARTY 8 FOR A BIT. HE PICKED DRY BONES, WHICH IMPRESSED ME. I HAD HIM MARKED AS A DAISY MAN. PERHAPS THERE IS HOPE FOR HIM YET. GIFFANY JOINS US AS WELL.

EVENTUALLY THOUGH I TIRED OF THE ELECTRONIC DISTRACTION AND GOT UP TO LEAVE. I WENT BACK UNDERGROUND THROUGH THE STUDY/KITCHEN LINK AND RETURNED TO MY DORMITORY.

discord testimony:
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: toof.png]

Well, my night certainly could've gone better...I failed more or less all of my objectives. I suppose another Crimson Eye down is a small mercy.

My first order of business was to try my hand at Morgan's Victory Road. I passed a trampoline on my way through the Facility Lobby, then went up the elevator to the...Lobby Lobby. Some smelly kobold accosted me about joining, and 23 took my inventory off my hands while I fought (nice new glam, friend!). Morgan's technique was kind of poor, but his brute stength overpowered my frail feline frame, and I was forced to abandon the duty.

[Image: day4note1.png]

I asked 23 to accompany me to the Aquatic Lab to safeguard the seal, but he was committed to his new job, so he could only escort me to the island before he needed to return. We headed to the Boathouse where he grabbed a raft, which I had to inflate alone on account of his beak face. As we rowed out to that island, we had a lovely little chat. It almost seemed like he started to recall something, but...alas, the poor fellow still needs more time.

When we got the the other shore, we tied off the raft and checked out the Lighthouse first. Dexter was in there, but he seemed to be struggling to lift a barrel up the stairs, so I left him to it. It's probably important investigator stuff!

As we left the Lighthouse, we started to head to the lift, when suddenly gunshots rang out from the lake! What iniquitous villain lurks in yonder fog?! Bringing 23 along was an auspicious choice, for he repelled the assault with little effort. Sadly, that was where we needed to part ways. He told me he'd leave my raft, then he left, and I descended into the depths of the lab...

[Image: day4note2.png]

I had anticipated defending the seal alongside 23, but left on my lonesome, my fighting power was far diminished...and I certainly didn't expect the welcome party that greeted me down there. The aberration, a masked goblin, and someone clad in a thermal blanket like a specter all stood outside the seal chamber. They didn't appear to be fighting, but rather...staring...at someone else emerging from the room. Someone wearing a standard bureau uniform and wielding a fire axe, whose face was shrouded in darkness. They uttered something about security deposit boxes and interest paying dividends, then came out swinging.

[Image: day4note3.png]

I decided I wanted nothing to do with that mess and moved on to the Trapdoor Spider's room. I had a plan to lure it out of hiding and immure it with my capture device, and it worked! I acquired the key, which I now know to be redundant after Mr. Jones blew up the door in the mines. Thal's balls.

Finally, I stopped by the Esotera Lab, where I saw someone (presumably Riki) bleeding on the floor while Dexter fiddled with the magitek device you call a "VHS player". He removed a tape from it and left the room while I examined the cork board. Most of the files were missing, though I found a couple on the floor by Riki that I'll share later. Afterward, I returned to the hall and heard a voice seething about the broken seal. It was the aberration, and it mentioned something about "inversion protocol." We came face to face, but before I had a chance to speak, the wall beside me burst open and someone came flying through, sending me to the floor and knocking me out cold...

[Image: sw-irly.png]