Izumi Konata
Check to see if a harpoon could have caused the puncture wound
Momoyo Himemushi
Ugh, my head. I can't hear the centipede anymore, at least. I guess finishing that ditch really was what I needed to do.

I'm not sure if I should have done it though. Now that I'm seeing what it did I don't trust the centipede woman. Not that I ever would have trusted her thousand voices, but maybe I should have left them in there. They were intolerable though, I wouldn't have survived their barrage. So I did the right thing.

Right?

Apparently talking about this shit is what Dr. Crane says will help me. I woke up in the middle of the facility lobby, and the robot cat asked me who I was. I guess he hadn't gotten the patient logs, this place is disorganized as hell. Sometimes I almost think it's worse than Zampano's room.

Nothing can be worse than that. But it comes close.

Someone named "Walmart", guessing it's a regional street slang, asked me where the robot cat went, and I told him to follow. Once the guy named Morgan showed, though, the voices told me it was time to go. I get the impression the centipedes don't like him. I followed them through the fog and found some digging tools, and then I went into the trench.

Then I just dug. Kept digging. Nothing but fucking digging. I needed them out of my head, and this was the only way they'd let me free.

It's familiar. I've felt it before. Something dug into the earth like this.

A house...?

I needed to clear my head, so I got out of the trench. I found Dr. Crane, and he says the prognosis is bad... that's a worry. I've gotta get out of the facility sooner rather than later, so I've gotta get some help. He went to the Waiting Room, while I talked to Dr. Orpheus. I saw how she's doing now. It's blue.

That color gives me a bad feeling. I hope she's okay.

I went to the Cafeteria, and made some fries. They didn't turn out well, but I had to eat something, so I forced that shit down. Dr. Crane walked by, and he seemed to be evaluating my prognosis. Well. I knew how to fix that.

Back to the fucking ditch. Back to the centipedes. I just kept digging. Digging and digging. At the end of the ditch, I saw the pink-haired woman lying unconscious... and then I broke through. And that was that.
Dodo
I'd like to request a description of the newly-assembled shuttle and check it for unusual things... like odd materials, signs of dirt or blood, etc.
Morgan
(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:08 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: I decided I wanted nothing to do with that mess and moved on to the Trapdoor Spider's room. I had a plan to lure it out of hiding and immure it with my capture device, and it worked! I acquired the key, which I now known to be redundant after Mr. Jones blew up the door in the mines. Thal's balls.

Is... is Spider (Large) in the holding cell?
I'll show you a real dance....
Lita
I examine the boathouse window. It's cracked but from slamming it or from an object slamming into it type crack?

Also I get in a staring contest with Konata with her permission. Do I feel sleepy?
Dr. Niles Crane
[Image: bmdDt2a.png]

...Good morning. I apologise for the whimsical nature of my headwear. I, uh, have a good reason. No I will not be disclosing it.

I started my night out looking for a way to deal with that pesky Aberration in the Aquatic Lab, heading first to the Library and then the Archives. Little luck, I'm afraid, but I did run into Astrid.

I helped her back to the Observatory through the fog, using my umbrella as a way to check for any danger directly ahead of us - such as that trench that's been dug near the Mines.

We talked in the Observatory about the seals and Aberrations - she theorized that, as the creatures are magic, they'd be weak to their opposing source of magic. Also, apparently there used to be an Aberration in containment, but he escaped years ago.

I made my way down the mountain, stopped by an unkempt man. Dirty from head to toe, armed with a shovel. He asked me if he looked crazy and, as his psychiatrist, I felt it important to give an honest answer: yes. Yes, he did look crazy.

Next, I went through the Waiting Room and Cafeteria to get to the Lounge, where I grabbed a bottle of vodka, an old rag and a lighter. I've never made a Molotov cocktail before, but this all felt too easy. The TV had been torn off the wall, for some reason.

[Image: 81oY1PK.png]

Making my way back up to the Cafeteria, I noticed the unkempt man, sat down, eating burnt french fries. A sorry sight; a lost cause. It was then I knew I could offer him no further help.

Fully prepared, I made my way over to the Boathouse and took out an inflatable raft and an oar. And then, Dex showed up and asked for a lift to the island.

Firstly, we headed into the Lighthouse. I grabbed my thermal blanket and set off for the seal; meanwhile, Dex stuck around to see if he could light the lamp, but joined me again before the elevator arrived.

When we got into the Aquatic Lab, Dex took off into the hallway, while I went for the Thalassic Seal. Inside, Jack of Spades was knocked out, and a person in a gas mask (or, Lyra) approached me from behind. I let them know I was willing to help them take the seal down. Unfortunately, the Aberration arrived, and needless to say, it had other plans.

But then... a fourth figure entered, wearing standard Bureau uniform and carrying a fire axe. Even the Aberration looked completely stumped by this. He said something DxHustler-esque about investing in security deposit boxes and then lunged towards us, poised to attack. I simply don't know what came over me, but I lit my Molotov cocktail and tossed it in the creature's direction.

The figure evaporated into nothing, and the Aberration hissed at us before retreating. We had made it. Lyra unmasked and thanked me for my help, before - at last - she unlocked the seal.

Given the unstable situation and the creeping fire, I grabbed Jack of Spades before running back through the fire, and took the elevator back up. She woke up and I told her what had happened, about Lyra opening the seal. We went our separate ways - her towards the Dock, myself towards the Lighthouse.

(EDIT: Also she got into a raft at the docks)

Back in the Lighthouse, I tried to investigate a bit more than I'd already done so, but there really wasn't much. The lamp wasn't lit and - judging from an oil barrel Dex had left only a few steps up - doing so would not be easy. I made my way back out to the Dock and was joined again by Dex, looking a bit disheveled.

We ventured back to the mainland. Dex told me he was going to "kick Dodo's ass" at video games, so I gave him my best wishes and invited him for a glass of wine in the Lounge afterwards. I went back through the Waiting Room and spotted Nancy running out of the Chem Lab on my way down.

I poured a glass of vintage Dom PĂ©rignon and took a moment to myself, reflecting the hustle and bustle of my time in the Aquatic Lab this evening.

I don't know what's come over me while I've been here, but after yesterday's excursion with Dr. Jones, I've felt this real spirit of adventure running through me. This is nothing like my life in Seattle... the only thing that really gets my heart beating like that in Seattle is a strong blend from Nervosa. Well, not only that... there's also... Daph- er, I mean, Maris. My Maris. My beautiful wife. She must be missing me so much, galavanting out at those high-society parties we usually attend. And I her, of course.

Dex did eventually arrive as promised, and I poured him a glass too. He seemed a little upset, apparently his duel with Dodo had not gone as planned. Once we'd shared a glass, I made my way back to the History Dorms and went to bed.

I don't regret allowing Lyra to open the seal, and I still maintain that we should be opening these, to discover the truth about Whisper Valley. We are so close to an earth-shattering historical discovery and cannot let the Crimson Eye instill fear into us like this. Lyra's intentions in doing so also do not seem to be dishonourable.

...No, I will not take off my hat. I'm too cold and my, is it stylish. Christmas wrapping is in this season. Why, Maris owns ten hats that look exactly like this.

...Alright. Fine.

[Image: JZEmJWr.png]

If I found out which one of you did this, ohhhh boy... you will be getting a strongly worded complaint. You'd better believe it.
Izumi Konata
Check the underground lobby and the director's office. Are there any liquids at all?
Indiana Jones (Old)
Request from peop[le on the discord: Check Jack's stomach for Stab Yourself Juice
Indiana Jones (Old)
Also check her lungs to see if she inhaled water.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:13 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check to see if a harpoon could have caused the puncture wound
You check one of the Lighthouse harpoons against the puncture wound in Lily. It's... closer, but the puncture wound in Lily is more irregular.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:19 PM)Dodo Wrote: I'd like to request a description of the newly-assembled shuttle and check it for unusual things... like odd materials, signs of dirt or blood, etc.
You inspect the Shuttle, post-repair. It looks to be practically exactly the same as the old one, albeit with more welding marks and somewhat more dented. There's nothing odd or out of place you notice about it. Spooks assures you that it's a 1:1 recreation.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:30 PM)Lita Wrote: I examine the boathouse window. It's cracked but from slamming it or from an object slamming into it type crack?

Also I get in a staring contest with Konata with her permission. Do I feel sleepy?
You examine the Boathouse window. It is cracked, a singular line running from the base to the top. It looks like the crack was made by it slamming particularly hard, you suppose.

You then sit across from Konata in the Break Room and stare into her swirling, pink eyes. You get... kind of sleepy, but not enough to impact you in any meaningful way.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:56 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check the underground lobby and the director's office. Are there any liquids at all?
You walk to the Facility Lobby. It looks like there is a small dried dribble of liquid on the ground by the trampoline. Upon entering the Director's Office, you notice nothing out of place.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 10:03 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Request from peop[le on the discord: Check Jack's stomach for Stab Yourself Juice
(Mar 2, 2024 at 10:04 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Also check her lungs to see if she inhaled water.
You pump both Jack's stomach and lungs. Both of them appear to be filled with water, though the water in his stomach also appears to contain another liquid, albeit in very small quantities.
Izumi Konata
See if a broken off tree branch could have made the puncture wound on Lily
Phenera
Let's follow-up on a thought folks are bandying around. Do we have any tridents in the lighthouse, and how do they compare Lily if we do?

For thoroughness' sake, how about comparing the liquid in the Facility Lobby and the mystery liquid that was in Jack?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Columbo
Compare the harpoon, the jagged shards of the pot lid, and any tridents we happen to stumble upon to the punctured boats, too.
Oh, and for my sake, how is Lily's body orientated? If you could reach across the room with something, could you stab her from the doorway?
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:24 PM)Morgan Wrote:
(Mar 2, 2024 at 9:08 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: I decided I wanted nothing to do with that mess and moved on to the Trapdoor Spider's room. I had a plan to lure it out of hiding and immure it with my capture device, and it worked! I acquired the key, which I now known to be redundant after Mr. Jones blew up the door in the mines. Thal's balls.

Is... is Spider (Large) in the holding cell?
You walk into the Facility Jail and look into the Holding Cell.

A massive spider roughly the size of a car is huddled in the corner. It's carapace shines a smooth, glassy black, and menacing fangs the size of daggers protrude from its mouthparts. It's eight eyes, just as black as it's shell, seem to watch you as you slowly back out of the jail.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 10:23 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: See if a broken off tree branch could have made the puncture wound on Lily
You grab a large, broken-off tree branch and compare it to the wound. The almost-circular, near uniform shape of the branch's diameter is closer to the wound's shape, however the wound appears almost more... hexagonal than that.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 10:26 PM)Phenera Wrote: Let's follow-up on a thought folks are bandying around. Do we have any tridents in the lighthouse, and how do they compare Lily if we do?

For thoroughness' sake, how about comparing the liquid in the Facility Lobby and the mystery liquid that was in Jack?
There are no tridents in the Lighthouse.

You ask Lyra to compare the liquids, despite her current state.

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha! Why, of course. Despite the infinite expansion of my horizons, the march of scientific progress continues, waiting for no one! Yep, these two samples are... an exact match - though, you already suspected that, didn't you?

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

Just what were you doing to my trusted assistant, "bodysuit person"?

(Mar 2, 2024 at 10:28 PM)Columbo Wrote: Compare the harpoon, the jagged shards of the pot lid, and any tridents we happen to stumble upon to the punctured boats, too.
Oh, and for my sake, how is Lily's body orientated? If you could reach across the room with something, could you stab her from the doorway?
You compare the the harpoon, the pot lid shards, and not the tridents because they don't exist to the damage in the rafts. It looks like the pot lid fragments match the long jagged slash on the one raft, but none of the others do.

Lily's body appears to be slumped over the writing desk in the Boathouse, which is positioned next to the front door facing the wall the door is on. It would be impossible to stab her without being at least in the middle of the Boathouse.
Izumi Konata
Compare umbrella to wound
Columbo
Any tools in the boiler room that match Lily's wound? Hex shaped ones, mind you.
Izumi Konata
Check the bathrooms for any hex shaped tension rods I guess
Lita
I look through the drill bits in the mine and compare them to the wound.
Morgan
How's dog this phase
I'll show you a real dance....