Izumi Konata
To supplement Phenera's, I'll also bring over the tree branch I used earlier cuz apparently it's similar size
Indiana Jones (Old)
I would like to compare the wound against every hex key inside Gus' toolbox.
Dodo
(Mar 3, 2024 at 1:38 AM)Spooks? Wrote:

My duty was to keep the event secure and the competition fair, and while Nashu may have proven a worthy compatriot, I still demanded she hand over her weapons when she arrived. They fought, though Nashu was defeated soundly. Morgan is stronger than I had thought, though his technique is lacking. Nashu requested aid while traveling to the island, and I agreed, though I vowed to return.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

ALLOW ME A QUESTION, O VENERABLE HUNTER.

YOU SPEAK OF A "FAIR COMPETITION" AND A "PROVING OF WORTH THROUGH COMBAT", BUT WHAT, PRAY, IS THE POINT OF DELIBERATELY BESTOWING A DISADVANTAGE UPON ONE'S ADVERSARY BY CONFISCATING THEIR ARMAMENTS?

[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

WHAT IS SUCH A TACTIC, IF NOT AN ADMISSION OF WEAKNESS?
VICTORY IS HOLLOW IF YOU CANNOT BEST AN OPPONENT AT THE APEX OF THEIR POWER.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 11:59 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: I'm gonna see if I can see under the carriage and see if any of the shuttle parts are bloody or whatever
You take a look underneath the Shuttle, crawling down with your flashlight. There doesn't appear to be any blood at all.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 12:06 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki want to see if thing dropped from island side always float to shore side. Use other body to replicate?
You drop Roxie's corpse into the lake from the island side. The white tendrils of BPI-1011 coil around it, dragging it under the water. You wait a while, and the body eventually finds its way back to on the mainland side - though it's pretty maimed.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 12:24 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Examine Pegasus's jackhammer just to make sure it doesn't fit Lily's wound
You examine Pegasus' jackhammer. It's not a particularly large jackhammer, appearing to be mainly for archaeology. It doesn't fit the wound either way.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 12:25 AM)Riki Wrote: BPI-5016... big fishie? Still in cage? Fishie seem like ate any part of raft?
You walk up to BPI-5106's containment room. Inside... a state of a stone carp sits, immobile. It's about the size of a breadbox. It doesn't have anything on it that would indicate it popped a raft, though you can't really tell.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM)Columbo Wrote: The more ordinarily punctured raft, does it look like a normal kitchen knife caused it? Or our various knife adjacents, of course.
The ordinarily punctured raft does appear as though the damage was caused by a kitchen knife, or at least something the size of it.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 12:45 AM)Lita Wrote: Spooks, can you show the footage from the Aquatic Lab I asked you to record last night? Maybe there's something useful in there.

Also go around to the back side of the boathouse and investigate there. Is anything out of place? Is the latch broken from being slammed?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Of course! One moment please...

Quote:
[CCTV Feed - Aquatic Lab]

The camera is fixed in the corner of the room, pointing down at the Aquatic Lab. A figure composed of living darkness, writhing and unsteady in form - though clearly not human - stands before the door, clad in the same dark coat adorned with the triangular purple spiral pattern. Next to it appears to be… someone in a gas mask, as well as someone wearing a thermal blanket like a ghost sheet.

They don’t appear to be in immediate conflict. Indeed, all three of them seem confused - even the Aberration, its red eyes wide in befuddlement - all staring at the door to the seal room. A fourth figure walks out, someone clad in a standard Bureau uniform, carrying a fire axe. Their face is shrouded by the darkness of the doorway. This individual gestures as though it is saying something, as a fifth individual scurries from the elevator and out of sight - towards the hallway.

The axe-wielding figure charges at the other three, but the person in the thermal blanket lights and tosses a molotov cocktail. It hits the figure, who seems to evaporate, and carries through until it smashes against the wall. The Aberration appears to shrink backwards at the burst of light, and collapses into a pool of shadow, slithering out of view towards the hall. The flames spread through the lab, but the person in the thermal blanket covers the gas mask person and they run through the fire. After a moment, the person in the blanket comes running back through, holding something large under the blanket. They take the elevator up.

Dexter then walks in from the hall, looks at the fire, shrugs, and calls the elevator. It rises back up, then moments later, it comes back down. The camera feed then cuts to static.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 1:00 AM)Riki Wrote: Heropon check back side of boathouse near window! Look like anything weird?
You check the rear of the Boathouse. Outside of the cracked window, all you notice are some footprints in the moist ground, heading vaguely north but eventually disappearing.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 1:44 AM)Riki Wrote: Lily blood-blood like Heropon bloody-blood? Same pool as Bloody-Blood Face?
You take a look at Lily's body, flashing back to your encounter with the Bloody Face and the resulting pool. It is kind of close, you think - though you aren't sure, quantity-wise, exactly how bloody the bloody face was
Spooks?
(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:18 AM)Phenera Wrote: Check the... crystal room in the mine for large crystals with an approximate hexagonal shape. If we find any, compare it to the odd wound on Lily.
(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:21 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: To supplement Phenera's, I'll also bring over the tree branch I used earlier cuz apparently it's similar size
You take Konata's tree branch and enter the Crystal Cave, wading through the water, looking for a hexagonal crystal about the same circumference as the branch. As it turns out, most of these crystals - glowing or not - share a hexagonal shape. You snap one off with a hefty whack from the tree branch, and it falls into the water with a plunk.

It is slightly damaged and jagged after the breakage, but you compare it against Lily's wound... It is a near perfect match.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:22 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: I would like to compare the wound against every hex key inside Gus' toolbox.
All of these are way too small.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:23 AM)Dodo Wrote:
(Mar 3, 2024 at 1:38 AM)Spooks? Wrote:

My duty was to keep the event secure and the competition fair, and while Nashu may have proven a worthy compatriot, I still demanded she hand over her weapons when she arrived. They fought, though Nashu was defeated soundly. Morgan is stronger than I had thought, though his technique is lacking. Nashu requested aid while traveling to the island, and I agreed, though I vowed to return.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

ALLOW ME A QUESTION, O VENERABLE HUNTER.

YOU SPEAK OF A "FAIR COMPETITION" AND A "PROVING OF WORTH THROUGH COMBAT", BUT WHAT, PRAY, IS THE POINT OF DELIBERATELY BESTOWING A DISADVANTAGE UPON ONE'S ADVERSARY BY CONFISCATING THEIR ARMAMENTS?

[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

WHAT IS SUCH A TACTIC, IF NOT AN ADMISSION OF WEAKNESS?
VICTORY IS HOLLOW IF YOU CANNOT BEST AN OPPONENT AT THE APEX OF THEIR POWER.

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

Your rhetoric rings true, Brother Dodo. I hadn't considered such things. I had attempted to keep the battle fair, yet what purpose does a hunt have if one is not breaking their own limits in pursuit of the greatest challenge?

[Image: plaguesolo3_dzlpoo.png]

Very well! The next Victory Road tournament shall permit blades and firearms alike!

I trust Morgan will be up to the challenge! To clash with unbound opponents using only one's own fists... He will be honored indeed to partake.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: angy.png]

Is there any glassware in the Kitchen with roughly hexagonal stems? How about the Lounge, Break Room, or Cafeteria? Any beakers or tubes matching that description in the Chem Lab?

If I can find any with a diameter and shape that look similar to Lily's wound at a glance, I want to break them and compare. Sorry about the mess, Spooks.
Momoyo Himemushi
I'll carry that crystal on me. Can I hide it so that others can't tell I have it?
Izumi Konata
Gonna look around the boathouse, shrubby and see if any crystals are hidden there. Use a flashlight to see if I can find it better
Lita
I make my way into the trees to the north of the boathouse, following the footprints as far as I can. Do they turn off in a direction or just fade away? Spooks can accompany me if it's dangerous.
The Thing that Lives Beneath
I will do a general check outside (in the area between buildings, and perhaps the edge of the forest) in any bushes/trees for anything that may have been hidden inside.
Izumi Konata
Are the crystals in the geology lab the same as the ones in the mines?
Nashu Mhakaracca
Do any of the crystal samples in the Geology Lab share a similar shape to the wound?
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Do any of the crystals in the Crystal Cave appear to be broken off, comparing the ends to where we just broke off one?
Izumi Konata
Also, check if there's any more crystals missing from the geology lab than the ones marked for transportation
Tinkaton
Tinkaton looks at Jack's corpse and shakes her head. Too bad she ended up being Crimson Eye, she seemed like a nice girl on the surface. Alas, Tinkaton has already committed to fighting the Crimson Eye, so it worked out. She still wants to solve the case, though. Murder is murder.

She also shakes her head at Lily's corpse. She doesn't have anything to say there, she's just shaking her head.

Tinkaton woke up, and immediately went straight into the lobby. Morgan was already there and asked if she wanted to fight, but she was merely there to watch him get beaten up. Shortly after her arrival, Nancy and 23 came up from the elevator and talked to Morgan for a bit. Alan also passed by for a moment, joined by...was that a Seel? Where's its horn? They didn't stay, going to the elevator. Afterwards, Morgan and 23 prepared to fight each other, with Nancy and Tinkaton happily watching together. Ciel also came in to watch.

Morgan and 23 faced off, and it was glorious. Tinkaton cheered as 23 absolutely owned his opponent, as expected. But she did have to step in to stop 23 from killing him with a chair. After listening to 23 for a minute, she hugged his leg, which just made him comment that she needed more training. Perhaps next night. That was all she was here for, so she left.

She headed to the chapel to pray for an extended period, to atone for missing her prayers the previous night. As she was wrapping up...The Bird came in with a TV and a fridge. She made a run for it, but he quickly tied her up and after humiliating her, simply left her in the corner. Luckily for her, Ciel came in to help her as the bird left. It looked like her and Morgan had sparred after Tinkaton had left. Ciel invited her to play some sort of pet sim, and it was alright, but she prefers a little more action. The bird came back with a Wii, so she headed out.

She actually planned to do a little more for the party, intending to go look for some more games to play and perhaps summon one of the ghosts to let them join in. But she does not enjoy being tied up, so she abandoned the peace offering and just went to the woods.

She had admittedly underestimated how bad the fog was going to be, but she made her way into the forest and began looking for a potential victim. Yes, she admits to going for the incentive last night, but she's been stuck with level 1 since the start and others kept doubting her anyway, can you really blame her for wanting to actually bump it up? After a while in there, she saw three figures in the distance, and began stumbling towards them, acting like some sort of zombie. One of them got scared and ran away, so she approached the other two, revealing them to be Alan and his strange looking Seel. As she prepared to slit Alan's throat, though, he pointed a flare gun directly at her face. She promptly decided her attempt was Good Enough, so she just disappeared back into the fog.

She ran back out of the woods into the grounds, and made her way back to the survey building, entering through the archives. She looked in there for a bit, finding an audio transcript that will be presented Eventually. After this, she just went to bed, the rest of her plans no longer relevant because of the bird.

There's always tonight.
Fun With Despair
(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:43 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: angy.png]

Is there any glassware in the Kitchen with roughly hexagonal stems? How about the Lounge, Break Room, or Cafeteria? Any beakers or tubes matching that description in the Chem Lab?

If I can find any with a diameter and shape that look similar to Lily's wound at a glance, I want to break them and compare. Sorry about the mess, Spooks.
You don't find any hexagonal glassware in the Kitchen, but there are a few mugs with that shape in the Lounge. Despite Spooks' protests, you smash one on the ground, scattering glass everywhere and leaving only the base behind, with some razor-sharp shards protruding.

[Image: sphhh_wtn2zq.png]

...It was all for naught. The pattern of the outside is close, but the only part of this that could stab are the glass shards circling the hollow middle.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:47 AM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: I'll carry that crystal on me. Can I hide it so that others can't tell I have it?
You try to hide the crystal on your person. It doesn't fit in any of your pockets, and though it isn't THAT big, the shape is distinct under your clothes.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:50 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Gonna look around the boathouse, shrubby and see if any crystals are hidden there. Use a flashlight to see if I can find it better
You sweep your flashlight around, searching the area behind the boathouse, including grass and shrubbery. You still don't find anything.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:50 AM)Lita Wrote: I make my way into the trees to the north of the boathouse, following the footprints as far as I can. Do they turn off in a direction or just fade away? Spooks can accompany me if it's dangerous.
(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:51 AM)The Thing that Lives Beneath Wrote: I will do a general check outside (in the area between buildings, and perhaps the edge of the forest) in any bushes/trees for anything that may have been hidden inside.
You head into the trees north of the Boathouse, borrowing Konata's flashlight. The steps curve east behind the auxiliary building, though due to the trees, the ground is less damp and you quickly lose track of them. "Jonsohn Smithy" borrows the flashlight as well, looking for items, but doesn't find anything either.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:52 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Are the crystals in the geology lab the same as the ones in the mines?
It seems like most of them are.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:52 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Do any of the crystal samples in the Geology Lab share a similar shape to the wound?
All the crystal samples in the Geology Lab are too small to fit the wound. It doesn't look like many large crystals were brought back here, or at least, brought back here and left here.

(Mar 3, 2024 at 2:54 AM)The Thing that Lives Beneath Wrote: Do any of the crystals in the Crystal Cave appear to be broken off, comparing the ends to where we just broke off one?
Several crystals in the cave appear to be broken off in a similar manner to the one you broke. It IS a mine, after all. Where did you think the samples came from?
Nashu Mhakaracca
Can we check on BPI-7222? Is it still in the Lighthouse? Has it moved at all since 23 and I were there?

I believe 23 was the one who checked on it when we were there, so he might be able to answer better.
Momoyo Himemushi
I want to investigate the old man. He reminds me of Zampano.

I don't like that. Search him.
Riki
Riki follow natural water path through Mines! Crystal like Lily stab wash away anywhere?
Izumi Konata
I will check Brad's room and body. He gave consent