Lita
I left the Survey Dorm ready for a fun night of bridge building with the gang. Jolly cooperation and all that. Before that though I went to Pegasus' dorm and robbed a dead man blind, jacking his mining helmet for safety.

Walmart Final Fantasy and Giffany were already there when I arrived. Guess the early bird gets the worm. We make good progress with Tinkaton eventually joining in. And all of us were really in the zone until a large bird flew overhead. Tinkaton gave chase after it into the woods. Wonder if she eventually caught the thing. Finally as we were celebrating our construction wins I saw a figure in a white cloak enter the Survey Dorms. Better not have touched my taser.

Jonsohn Beneath Smithy was next to arrive and Spooks politely put him to work carrying logs from the woods. We drag all the stuff to the second bridge closer to the Survey Dorms and Morgan also shows up to pitch in. I left at this point though so I dunno who else showed up.

I made my way downstairs to the Observation Room taking the path through the Cafeteria. Didn't see anything really notable on the way there, but I'll try and jog my memory if need be. When I arrived at the Observation Room Dodo was there making shadow puppets, or I guess drawing on whatever power he needed to give Evil Spooks the boot? I tried to disable the laser door but couldn't and Dodo thought I sucked so much at it he instantly dipped. Understandable.

Afterwards I went to bed. At least I got one thing I wanted to do done tonight, but man.
Ciel
- wake up soaking wet in dk64 crystal caves
- head to the crusher
- get shanked by dxhuslter, who is cosplaying ezio ass creed, as they are leaving the crusher
- brush them off, get them soaking wet too
- enter seal room to find that it has already been deactivated, leave
- head to the mine elevator, satisfied that it now has power
- thing is still going down when I arrive, takes forever to go down and then come back up. much slower than all the other elevators around the facility
- meet up with indy, exact same experience as him till I leave and go back up the elevator

- head outside, spooks and the bridge gang, including smithy and giffany, are working on the project. I would have stopped to help but the snails pace of the elevator really cut into my time
- ask nancy for assistance in the soup situation, she agrees politely
- barry is in the lobby eating plastic. this is normal barry activity so I move on
- investigate the chapel but turn up nothing
- run into spooks in the lobby, attempt to thank him for the bridges and he electrocutes me then watches over me
- the soup has been cleared and there is an unconscious warrior of ligma on the floor of my room
DxHustler3000
[Image: 7pLBMlQ.png]

...Ciel. You lie.

I will look at you to see if you are visibly marked with paint. The same paint that I lathered all over the Telluric Seal's controls in the event that someone tried to disable it!
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Phenera
[Image: PheneraEcstatic_ruxzap.gif]

The Trapdoor Spider helped to eliminate the imposter Agent Spooks and gets to go free!? And our plans for the night were a success!?

It can happen! It's really possible for heteromorphs to choose what they want to accomplish and go and do it!

And Astrid and Dr. Lyra are even... beginning to get along? How wonderful! Everything's starting to improve!

Oh, but we almost forgot to present our nightly report! Here, please take it!

P.H.ENERA - BPI DESIGNEE: CLASSIFIED - NIGHTLY REPORT FIVE

We started to stir in the Chemistry Lab tonight. How strange. Why did it smell like an onion? And why did our last report call it a swamp?

Well, whatever happened last night, tonight went better! Since our experiment last night was a success, we were able to enter that room within the Chemistry Lab and retrieve a fragment of the Traveler's Journal!

As we were walking back into the Chemistry Lab, something… strange… began to happen. There was a voice. Wasn't it familiar? Didn't it sound like someone who had been here? The employee handbook has information on so many situations, but all it says to do when an employee starts hearing the voices of ghosts is that they should be evaluated by the office psychologist!

We were going to go searching for Agent Crane, but before we could get anywhere, the ghost's voice said that it was time to dance, so we danced!

Memo: If dancing is going to become a job hazard, ask Agent Morgan for lessons??

While we were still dancing, Dr. Lyra arrived for the meeting we requested. What she said… it's not appropriate to transcribe a private conversation like that one into a formal report, but… There was a lot to think about after it. Is it possible to work with someone with an entirely different appraisal of a situation to improve things? Is it… necessary? How can we achieve anything without making compromises?

Maybe… it's not possible.

We made a deal with Dr. Lyra, and she agreed to write a letter of recommendation so we had one to study. Once we have it, we'll be able to begin working on our new proposal for a heteromorph career workshop!

At the end of the meeting, the ghosts told us to ask Dr. Lyra to make-out. Spirit-related job hazards sure are varied and difficult to predict!

Dr. Lyra turned down that request and left after it. We needed to go in the same direction, so we followed behind her, going downstairs through the Auxiliary Building stairs and taking the Shuttle to the Facility Lobby. Dr. Lyra went towards the Killing Game Lab, and we went into the basement Bathrooms.

The health posters around here have reminders that employees should shower, brush their teeth, and keep up with their hygiene. We had some time tonight, so we thought we'd try that! It wasn't enjoyable or helpful. Toothpaste has a terrible taste and takes so long to break down, and mouthwash is even worse…

After that, our assignment tonight was to retrieve fresh laundry, so we left the Bathrooms and went back to the Facility Lobby. As we crossed it, searching for clothes, we passed Agent Nancy and showed her the results of our hygienic efforts. She didn't stay long, and stepped into the elevator, so we kept going across the room and the hall to get to the Leisure Center.

Inside the Leisure Center, we were able to find a t-shirt. It wasn't fresh, but we couldn't find laundry facilities anywhere, so we declared it good enough and filled out an exemption form requesting an exception to the freshness requirement.

After that, we went to the Receiving Bay and took the elevator down. Agent Hustler was down here, wrapped in a white cloak. Agent Hustler has such a business-oriented mind! I wonder if they came up with some kind of money-making plan taking in the atmosphere down here. We were going to do our own investigation, but then the voice of that ghost said we needed to take off Agent Hustler's mask, and we were suddenly having an altercation!

Agent Hustler was victorious, and we awakened later. Agent Hustler was inspecting the Laser Hallway now. If we had more time, we would have assisted to make up for the attack, but we had to get going, so we took the elevator back up to the Receiving Bay.

Once we were upstairs, that ghost's voice started saying we needed to go check on the large Venus Flytrap (designated BPI-1650), so we took the shuttle again back to Station 1. We passed Agent Crane here, and we were going to tell him that we were hearing a strange voice, but the voice told us it wasn't worth talking to him, and we passed him by.

We went back to the Chemistry Lab and down the hallway to the large Venus Flytrap's room. The plant looked so pleased to be chewing on Agent Revy! It was adorable! But… is Agent Revy nutritionally appropriate for a plant? We'll have to ask Agent Nancy about that later!

The ghost's voice told us to leave a piece of paper with the plant. We weren't able to look at it closely, but it appeared to be reading material. What a kind spirit! It must get boring to be rooted in place! Giving the plant something to read was a lovely idea!

After that, the voice of the ghost went quiet, and we left to make final preparations before the night ended. After what we've done tonight, we'll be ready very soon to open up the career training center! Our first independent project, and it's one to improve operations here! This is thrilling!
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 3:45 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check decontamination and see if it has had any uses other than mine?
It appears as though Decontamination only has had one use, upon checking the logs.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 3:51 AM)Columbo Wrote: The river and lake got any holes we should know about?
You look around the River and Mirror Lake. It doesn't look like there are any holes, however there are marks as though someone was ice skating on the lake.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 4:07 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: See if there's any Thousand Tendril marks on Revy's body?
It does not appear as though there are any marks resembling the known wounds inflicted by BPI-1011. There are marks wrapped around her neck, but they appear to just be bruises.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 4:56 AM)Columbo Wrote: While I'm gathering my thoughts... Spooks, would you mind showing off my CCTV as well?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Certainly, [AGENT DESIGNATION - COLUMBO]! I am happy to assist!

Spooks' monitor briefly recalibrates, until a new scene is displayed, replacing his lil' cat face.

The CCTV feed displays just the doorway to the ??? Room behind the Lab Zero door. Eventually, you see Pea approach the door. He pulls out a device resembling a keycard and uses it on the panel - however instead of the usual keycard interaction, the panel instead sparks and pops, before letting out a stream of smoke. The door pops open, and Pea enters.

A short while later, he exits, looking scared shitless. He heads south.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 5:02 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Are there any trails of water between the crime scene and the river/lake? Are there any places where the ice has been broken?
It does not appear as though there are any trails of water leading from the inside of the containment cell the body was found in. You suppose it would have been frozen though. Either way, it doesn't look like the ice was broken anywhere.
Izumi Konata
Do the bruise marks on her neck look like she was choked out?
Giffany
Hello, Pea! You have used a, strange device on the doorway! I want to examine the scanner on the ??? Room door! You didn't permanently break it, did you, Pea? That would not be good for keeping the, anomaly contained!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 4:27 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Do the bruise marks on her neck look like she was choked out?
It does appear she was choked out, though the markings are thin and do not resemble the marks that hands would leave. Several of the blood vessels in her eyes are broken, and her face is a bluish/purple tint. This may have been the cause of death, or at least a contributing factor.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 4:34 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Pea! You have used a, strange device on the doorway! I want to examine the scanner on the ??? Room door! You didn't permanently break it, did you, Pea? That would not be good for keeping the, anomaly contained!
You walk into the "Lab Zero" hall and approach the keycard scanner on the door. It does appear to be broken, showering sparks over the floor every couple seconds. It's still smoking, though there's no visible fire.
Dodo
[Image: 367805bdb58ddf6482d5486790b2ba6a38c607fe.gifv]

KREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Translation:
Giffany
I want to look in the Telluric Seal room itself! Is there yellow paint on the terminal, like Mx. Hustler has said?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Nashu Mhakaracca
Can we find ice skates in the Leisure Center? Would a shoelace from one match Revy's bruising?
Lita
I head into the forest and attempt to follow the trail of yellow paint Dodo is talking about.

Also compare the neck wound on Revy with wires from the Mine Storage (wire connecting explosives to detonator?), Armory (garotte?) or the Shuttle (part of repairs?)
Izumi Konata
Let's start seeing what rope it could be

Let's try shoe string to see if it matches the bruise first
Pea
(Mar 23, 2024 at 4:34 PM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Pea! You have used a, strange device on the doorway! I want to examine the scanner on the ??? Room door! You didn't permanently break it, did you, Pea? That would not be good for keeping the, anomaly contained!

For the sake of research, you can't make an omelet without cracking a few card readers.
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 5:08 PM)Giffany Wrote: I want to look in the Telluric Seal room itself! Is there yellow paint on the terminal, like Mx. Hustler has said?
You inspect the empty Telluric Seal chamber. It's unlit, dull, and lacking any of its former magical whimsy. You inspect the terminal, and see that there is a very small dab of yellow paint where the button to deactivate it would be if the screen was working. It looks like someone has toughed it.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 5:11 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Can we find ice skates in the Leisure Center? Would a shoelace from one match Revy's bruising?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 5:16 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Let's start seeing what rope it could be

Let's try shoe string to see if it matches the bruise first
You do find ice skates in the Leisure Center, though it appears some are missing. The shoelaces are too thick though, you think. It is a bit hard to tell though because of the various bites, as well as cold damage to her body.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 5:12 PM)Lita Wrote: I head into the forest and attempt to follow the trail of yellow paint Dodo is talking about.

Also compare the neck wound on Revy with wires from the Mine Storage (wire connecting explosives to detonator?), Armory (garotte?) or the Shuttle (part of repairs?)
You enter the Black Forest.... After wandering a bit, you find a trail of yellow paint. You decide to follow it through the winding trees, but it... eventually just loops back in on itself. Very cool.

You then grab some various items and compare them to the neck wound. You find that the Explosive Storage detonator wires are very close to the shape of the wound, as is the garotte. The wires involved in the construction of the Shuttle are too big.
Columbo
Any signs of something being dragged through the puddle, or some extra droplets from something wet being carried into the room?
Do a quick look around for missing water bottles. Break room, kitchen, cafeteria, similar spots like that.
Not sure we find just straight up string or yarn or something around, but compare that kinda stuff to the neck bruises. Sutures and dental floss too, though they're unlikely I'm just being thorough.
Nashu Mhakaracca
What a splendid night of information seeking! GF? No, I'm still a maiden...

[Image: notesw-ideeyedblush.png]

I began my night where I was knocked out in the Lab Zero corridor. My first order of business was in the Morgue, where I maaay have helped myself to some of the recently deceased's belongings - his mining helmet and scrying glass, specifically. I don't condone grave robbery, but we can call it even after he showered me with rubble. I saw Dr. Crane heading to the Leisure Center as I moved on to the Control Department, where Miss Nancy was tending to Riki's wounds. In Anomaly Records, I attempted to look up information about BPI-1000 to no avail. Most curious. I did, however, find files for BPI-4016, BPI-4211, and BPI-7103.

Moving on, I passed Nancy chatting with Morgan as I left to go upstairs. I passed by an adorable little seal in the Anomaly Hall and entered the archives. Konata and Astrid were snooping around there, and I had a mind to do some snooping myself in Classified Files. Strangely, two of the files I was seeking were already missing; I would appreciate if we could all be forthcoming about any clues we might find. I did succeed in locating one about Shadow Plague, though.

[Image: day5note1.png]

For some gods forsaken reason, I decided to take a detour outside on my way to my next destination. As if the bitter cold wasn't bad enough, that stinky warrior of light showed up - broke off from the group building the bridges, methinks. He was trying to tell me about his "parses," but I could barely "parse" what he was saying! He followed me into the Liturgical Study, where DXHustler was looking around for something. I found my own quarry without much trouble: a mythological record of ancient Qstia.

Information gathered, I went back downstairs via the Patio stairs, and Walmart John mercifully buggered off. As I passed through the Leisure Center, I noticed someone had scribbled an ominous message on Gus' corpse: "HE WILL RETURN." Not if we don't vote for his wraith, silly! I took the shuttle to the Lounge, which had some cozy ambience. Morgan was not-so-cozily knocked out on the floor, and DXHustler and Dexter were also there. Dr. Crane offered me some wine, but I didn't trust his snobby taste in swill - err, wasn't thirsty.

I sat down to chat with Dex, who was ranting about Riki and stuff. Important investigator things, I'm sure! I was about to say something when suddenly 23 burst in. Dr. Crane handed him a glass of wine, and 23 handed Dr. Crane his fist. This wasn't very shocking because I asked him to do that. I searched Dr. Crane for potentially incriminating evidence of his cantalouper allegiance, but all he had was boring stuff like...an umbrella, a golf club, a sharpie...I don't know what I expected from someone hosting a wine club.

[Image: day5note2.png]

DXHustler apparently wasn't too fond of the refreshments either, because they smashed their glass and started singing instead. Nancy showed up, and Hustler declared it was time for a feel-good song. I joined it with my guitar, and Nancy dragged 23 on stage - it was a grand time! Not for Dexter, though. And probably Morgan and Niles.

[Image: smug2.png]

And that's about it! A couple minor hiccups, but all-in-all a productive outing. On that note, I'd like to present the following at an opportune time:

-BPI-4016
-BPI-4211
-BPI-7103
-[Report: 43-B: Historical Records of “Shadow Plague”]
-[Tale of the Black Scribe]
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 7:04 PM)Columbo Wrote: Any signs of something being dragged through the puddle, or some extra droplets from something wet being carried into the room?
Do a quick look around for missing water bottles. Break room, kitchen, cafeteria, similar spots like that.
Not sure we find just straight up string or yarn or something around, but compare that kinda stuff to the neck bruises. Sutures and dental floss too, though they're unlikely I'm just being thorough.
It doesn't look like anything was dragged through the puddle, upon inspection, but it does appear as though there are wet footprints leading both in and out of the room. There are two sets of footprints, from different shows.

You search the Break Room, Kitchen, and Cafeteria for water bottles. You do find some, however they appear to all be intact and untouched. It appears each room has water bottles. You continue a search for string and yarn and what not, eventually finding some in the Whisper Valley Archives. You compare them to the wound, and it... looks kind of like the wound is from something in between the string and the yarn in thickness. Both sutures and dental floss would not be strong enough, you reckon.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 7:05 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: And that's about it! A couple minor hiccups, but all-in-all a productive outing. On that note, I'd like to present the following at an opportune time:

-BPI-4016
-BPI-4211
-BPI-7103
Well, you suppose you have time for these Anomaly Files, at least.

Code:
BPI-4016 [Revolving Room]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: YELLOW]
[DESCRIPTION]: ???

[INFORMATION]: BPI-4016 is a room of varying size and function. Every 24 hours, BPI-4016 completely changes, making research mostly impossible. The room can expand and contract to be any size, and seemingly has no pattern or favored configuration.

BPI-4016 does however seem to usually change to a contemporary room from the modern day, and the rooms never contain any signs of life. Study of the furnishings and items from these rooms indicate that they are identical to real world items and exhibit no anomalous qualities, persisting after removal from the room indefinitely.

Code:
BPI-4211 [Wino’s Delight]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: YELLOW]
[DESCRIPTION]: A bottle of wine, labeled as being from “Black Cellar”

[INFORMATION]: BPI-4211 appears to be an ordinary bottle of red wine, branded as “Black Cellar”, which seems to be a brand of budget wine that sells for approximately seven dollars per bottle. The company in question, upon inspection, is completely average in every way, with no known way of producing a bottle with anomalous qualities in any of its facilities. The origins of this particular bottle are unknown, but it was found in the home of a man recently deceased from an alcohol overdose.

Upon taking a sip from the bottle, the drinker will immediately find themselves addicted to alcohol, and forced to consume it every night on penalty of death if it is not consumed. In this sense, it is very similar to the “forbidden actions” present in the Killing Games. It is notable that the bottle, not the wine, appears to be the source of this strange occurrence. This effect only occurs if the drink is taken from the bottle itself, with drinks from a glass poured from the bottle not having the same effect. In that sense, it is likely that the effect would only take hold on people who are alcoholics to begin with, as they are most likely to drink from the bottle itself.

On a similar note, the bottle seems to automatically convert any liquid placed within into wine, akin to the biblical miracles of old. This may suggest that the bottle’s magic is Liturgical in nature, and originally belonged to someone who was deeply religious - as well as an alcoholic.

“Whichever one of you thought it’d be funny to use this as a sort of hazing ritual for new recruits, you will be immediately terminated once I find out who you are. The Staff Lounge has had its alcohol bill triple since this ‘practice’ began.” - Dr. Rosenwood

Code:
BPI-7103 [Great Purifier]
[ACCESS LEVEL: VII]
[THREAT LEVEL: PALE]
[DESCRIPTION]: A desiccated corpse, dressed in a robe. A scythe lies across its lap as it sits in prayer or meditation.

[INFORMATION]: BPI-7103 is not to be freed under any circumstance. ONLY designated “pure” Agents or individuals considered expendable enough are allowed to enter this containment unit. Please ensure ALL doors are closed and locked and the Laser Hallway is operational if BPI-7103 is to be released.

BPI-7103 appears to be the corpse of a humanoid male, mummified in a way not dissimilar from corpses discovered in the tombs of [REDACTED]. Dressed in a plain, unremarkable robe and carrying a scythe, it resembles traditional depictions of the Grim Reaper, and may indeed be one source for the famous depiction .

While BPI-7103 seems to pose no threat while in containment - never attempting actively to escape - it becomes extremely hostile in the presence of those it deems to be “impure”. Despite appearances, BPI-7103 possesses inhuman strength, speed, and durability, appearing to be nigh invulnerable to all types of damage. It attacks viciously using the scythe laid across its lap. All those touched by the scythe’s blade have their body immediately depleted of [REDACTED], and are immediately killed as a result.

The criteria for BPI-7103 to consider an individual “impure” is unknown. Experiments have dictated that the act of attempting murder appears to count, as does any attempt to steal its signature weapon. Further testing needed.
Izumi Konata
See if I can find any guitar or bass to compare the strings of to the kill, particularly the lower notes and the thicker strings they have
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 8:34 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: See if I can find any guitar or bass to compare the strings of to the kill, particularly the lower notes and the thicker strings they have
You do not know where in the facility you can find a guitar. Probably nowhere, if you had to guess.