Columbo
How's it compare to some kinda electronics cable? You know, like a power cable, or an "ay vee" cable? We got places like the lounge, the meeting room, the break room, guess the chapel too 'cause a bunch of stuff got moved in there to check.
Spooks?

[Image: duopointself_rqcpi3.png]

We've done it... A hunt to end them all. The demon, vanquished by our hands - and the master soon to follow. It was well fought - a clash of wills beneath the blood moon's eye. Yet, raw magick fell before the intuition of the hunting pack. It is as expected - any beast may be felled by a keen eye and swift blade.

You know, 23, I'm still curious as to what happened out there. I saw you head into the Armory with that spider and Riki (so soon after I helped patch up his wound, too...), but I didn't see you again until Dr. Crane's party... I thought you were just hanging out in there, or having some kind of secret meeting!

In a way... That rings true. It was a meeting, though one with great purpose.

In truth, that doorway led to the Library oft spoken of by our peers. We traveled into its depths, led by Dodo's guiding hand, until we emerged in the chill evening air. The tunnel at the front of the building... 'twas our point of exit. We ventured to the Patio, where we joined with our guide into the swirling abyss we sought to enter - The Detective, Columbo.

He led us through those shadowed woods. I kept a watchful eye upon the arachnid that was among our number, yet it was docile. Uncharacteristically so, but a hunter shall never refuse a powerful ally.

[Image: duo1_torlyw.png]

Oh, so that's where you were going! Why, you nearly scared Morgan to death when you walked out of the jail with that big spider. The look on his face... hehe. He was just asking me if I could help recapture that weird guy in green... BPI-2101, I think. He had a plan to get him back to the jail, and of course I obliged. The last thing we need is something like him running around trying to hurt people~

Ah, but before Morgan came along... I saw Alan Wake. While you were in the jail! He was looking for you, but I figured you were probably up to something.

Indeed, we were "up to something"! We were "up to" the liberation of this accursed facility from our captor! We journeyed through the blackened forest, stopping for naught but a strange man with a greatsword, who deemed us far too great of a challenge. How wise of him.

Before long, we happened upon a clearing in the woods, a great rift yawning in the ground before us, and a strange building near to it. It was then that our prey made itself known....

[Image: plaguesolo1_jg09z1.png]

We hurled ourselves upon the demon, each fighting valiantly. Dodo, armed with his great javelins and sturdy physique. Columbo, with his handgonne and quick thinking, and Riki, with his control over the hellspawn arachnid. The feline automaton fought well, wielding all manner of dark magicks in its effort to quell our assault, however as the flames of darkness were about to consume us all... A javelin struck true, and he was crucified upon the forest's trees.

Once vulnerable, an injection of liturgic power banished the creature back to the nightmare from which it spawned - and our task was complete.

[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

Oooh, what a story! Surely you embellished it a little though, you always do~

...This time, I may have underplayed it, actually...

Well, that sounds exciting anyway! Me? Well, I promised to help Morgan of course, but he was taking his time... I went up to the Anomaly Hall to check up on the Anomalies up there, when I ran into Ciel. She was desperate for help, what with someone throwing soup on her bed every night, so I decided I would give her a hand by watching her bedroom! I went inside for a little bit, and saw that... someone had been trying to eat her sheets! They were all chewed up. So unhygenic of you, whoever you are~

Then, someone came in and... I hit them over the head! Walmart John... something, it was him!

[Image: nancyscared_xp1xhx.png]

...Oh my, I hope he actually WAS the souper! Did I just assault an innocent man? Hehe, oh well. Wouldn't be the first time~

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

Upon our victory, we rejoiced and made our journey back through the forest. The arachnid of course, did not come with us. Freedom, I suppose, was part of its contract. When we emerged upon familiar ground, I followed the Detective to the northern reaches, entering the "waiting room", as it is called.

I had spoken to someone, early in the night, you see. They had a simple request - one I was proud to follow. Niles Crane... They wanted him unconscious. An easy task. I descended the stairs to the streetcar's station, and decided to attend his event within the Tavern. He greeted me of course, offering me wine of the finest red. A swift fist sent him to the floor.

My mission was complete.

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

Oh! That's when we must've met up then! See, I went back downstairs to wait for Morgan, and sure enough, he was right. 2101 was back in the Facility Jail! He came by, and we took care of transporting him back to his cell. That was the easy part, really~

Morgan went off on his own though, after this announcement came on about the Wine Club. I stayed behind in the Anomaly Lab for a bit to make sure 2101 was secured, and as I left... I noticed someone in the morgue, doing... something. It looked like an autopsy! Of course, I didn't want to be nosy, so I left and took the Shuttle to the Lounge to attend the Wine Club. Of course, our host was... already unconscious on the floor - as was Morgan.

DXHustler was singing ska music though. I don't care much for it, but I respect their passion~

They invited a bunch of us up to sing with them though, a wonderful little rendition of "Unspecified Feel-Good Song"! Wow! Of course, I dragged 23 up there, and Nashu played guitar! It was a lot of fun, even if Dexter didn't seem to enjoy it.

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Yeah! You're right! I hate Karaoke! And that wasn't even Karaoke, it was just a bunch of people singing fucking... stock music or some shit! Nobody even brought the TV back!

There were no lyrics! Come on, if you're gonna do something that sucks, do it right!

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

Well, regardless of the meager protestations of one Dexter Hexley, a good hunt must always be followed by revelry. Once I had my fill, I returned to the "Control Department", and I was disturbed no more. Perhaps I shall revel more upon a future eve, however equally important to the hunt is rest. I spent the rest of my evening in quiet meditation, surrounded by those orange-stained walls.

[Image: nancyscared_xp1xhx.png]

...If only I was so lucky.

I went upstairs to feed 1650 - I do it every few nights - but inside his cell... It was Revy! She was lying there, all blue in the face... sitting in a puddle! Well, 1650'd already taken a few chunks out of her, so I left her be and returned to the Control Department too. 23 was passed out asleep, slumped over a desk, so I didn't bother him
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 11:13 PM)Columbo Wrote: How's it compare to some kinda electronics cable? You know, like a power cable, or an "ay vee" cable? We got places like the lounge, the meeting room, the break room, guess the chapel too 'cause a bunch of stuff got moved in there to check.
You check out a couple of cables from around the facility. The Lounge appears to have several thin audio cables hooked up to speakers that might match the wound, but they are all present and accounted for, with each cable having a corresponding speaker. The same goes for the Meeting Room. All cables in the Break Room are far too big, and the TV in the chapel appears to only have a power cable and the Wii hooked up to it.

You... suppose that the Wii sensor bar cable would also match though, at least close enough. That's the only thing in the chapel that's remotely close. It's also still attached to the Wii.
Lita
Alan gave Discord consent so compare his kitchen twine (and other kitchen twine) to the neck wound Revy has
Indiana Jones (Old)
While we're at it, I'd like to compare Revy's neck wound with the fuses and wires from the mines/explosive storage.
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 11:48 PM)Lita Wrote: Alan gave Discord consent so compare his kitchen twine (and other kitchen twine) to the neck wound Revy has
Alan passes over some kitchen twine, and you compare it to the wounds. It is close, though a bit too thick and rough you think. The wound itself, upon closer inspection, has some slight lacerations just because of how thin whatever was used to garotte her was.

(Mar 24, 2024 at 12:06 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: While we're at it, I'd like to compare Revy's neck wound with the fuses and wires from the mines/explosive storage.
You compare her wound to the wires from the Explosive Storage again. This has already been checked, but they're a very close match. Some kind of very thin wire is the best you have.
Phenera
Might as well and check on the Revolving Room if we can, make sure it's not a music studio tonight at least... Even if what it was on previous nights is an unknown.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Dr. Niles Crane
[Image: 5JgMtkF.png]

I extend an olive branch to you people, and you send some plague doctor to knock me out cold and rifle through my pockets?

Not only that, but you continue to drink and be merry, while I lay on the floor, incapacitated. Any true member of the Whisper Valley Wine Club would have taken the blow for their president. I mean, sure, things have never taken this sort of turn in Seattle, but... were they to, I would stand up to protect my club in an instant.

And to the being known as 'BPI-2300' - if you show your strange bird-like face at my club again, my Head of Security Dexter Hexley will finish you. You have been warned.

Now, my evening up until that point.

I first headed down to the Lounge to set up for my wine club meeting - candles, decorations, and - of course - the finest wines Whisper Valley has to offer. I met Dex here and we chatted about his upcoming interrogation.

Afterwards, I took off to the Leisure Center to retrieve a golf club and two pairs of ice skates. I then went back upstairs via the Patio and spotted Astrid leaving the WV Archives.

[Image: N9aO9jN.png]

As a psychiatrist, I could see Astrid had been going through a difficult time since the business with the seal - so to allow her a bit of reprieve, I offered to take her ice skating across the frozen lake. I, er... can't quite say I took to it naturally, but she seemed to have a good time. What can I say? Sometimes psychiatry is not just psychiatry. Sometimes psychiatry is ice skating. Once for me it was letting a basketball player rub my head. It happens.

One thing I did notice that certainly didn't put my mind at rest, is... there's an extra raft on the shore, which wasn't there last night. I wish I was making this up. The only two reasons for this to be here would be that a) somebody is doing this to taunt us, to relive the traumatic events of raft night... or, b) somebody here is genuinely stupid enough to try and raft across a frozen lake. I am not sure which disturbs me more.

After we bid farewell, it was finally time to commence my Wine Club meeting. I took the shuttle to Station 1 (via the Cafeteria/Station 2) and made my way to Dispatch, to announce that the meeting was to begin. When I got back to Station 1, I passed Phenera - whose presence left me feeling a little odd, to say the least.

As I got back into the Lounge, Pea was just leaving. Dex was still here, and took off to the Kitchen to grab a snack.

The first proper attendee at the meeting was Giffany - though I get the feeling she didn't quite understand the point of the club. My words about the subtle taste and art of each exhibit fell on deaf ears, and she staggered out, drunk.

Next, Morgan arrived, and began - if you can believe it - singing karaoke! It was like trying to host a wine club in McGinty's! So I approached Morgan with a compromise - he could continue warbling like an ensnared heron at my club, but ONLY if he could perform a perfect rendition of the classic Sinatra tune My Way'.

Sadly, he could not.

Dex returned back from the Kitchen after apparently fetching the world's longest snack and DxHustler came in. Nashu followed shortly after and things finally seemed to be going smoothly. No karaoke, no brazen drunkenness.

And that's when the beaked scoundrel walked straight in and took me out instantly with a calculated blow.

Oh well. I hope you proved whatever you were trying to by doing this. But understand this - it'll be no more Mr-Nice-Guy from now on.
Phenera
(Mar 23, 2024 at 7:41 PM)Spooks? Wrote: but it does appear as though there are wet footprints leading both in and out of the room. There are two sets of footprints, from different shows.

Oh, there should only be one route into and out of the room, but for thoroughness how far out of the room can we follow the two sets of footprints, and where do they go?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
DxHustler3000

[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

I once came upon a very wise mentor in this middle of one of his retreats. Having suffered numerous financial setbacks due to a prenup-related conundrum, he had taken himself into a very dark and solemn place to realign his career goals. His interns had warned me of this state, found in many of the world's elite; a "billionaire's rage", where neither money nor blood would quench their thirst for self-actualisation. Yes, adrenaline - the thrill of the fight - was the solution to his problem, sent down from the heavens and delivered to his plump mind.

He promptly beat the shit out of me and left me for dead. Good thing this parable is mostly conceptual!

...Anyway, I'll take you through my evening. Maybe you will learn a thing or two about the steps I take to retain my huge success rate.

Lesson 8: Hustlers must stay snug

This one is self explanatory.

After ensuring I was wrapped up and warm, I navigate to the Telluric Seal - still intact, mind you - and trap it with a layer of paint, ensuring our crafty culprit is permanently stained. I'm sure you know where this will lead. I am quickly confronted by the villainous Ciel, who had arrived to do the unthinkable - challenge me for the seal.

I let my blades do the talking. It seems, however, that her shoulder is an experienced negotiator, which calmly dismantled the points I was attempting to get across to her. I will have to work on my steel-based communication in the future. With her disgusting raw strength, I was simply left knocked out in the water, with the seal now vulnerable to her whims.

I come to in a terrible condition. I was waterlogged, dripping with contempt and freezing wastewater. I have no choice but to leave the mines in disgrace, subject to the mockery of Astrid and her doting dolt Konata.

I will remember this.

[Image: MGYOFAx.png]

With the Seal disrupted, I move on with the rest of my plans, heading down to the depths. I have assembled the minutes of my expedition below;

-Phenera, who uses their power of being a bit schizophrenic (a fine quality in any Hustler, mind you) to try and rip some skin off of my face. Fortunately for the both of us, my Hustle power outranks her by a metric of more than 9,000. She is knocked out.
-The observation window is found to be 1000-degree-knife resistant. It provides a good canvas for my subsequent 'vent art'.
-An 'ARCANA LAB'. Locked. Useless
-A water filtration room, leading into...
-An enormous glowing lake, concealing many a submerged building. It is filled with Esoteria concentrate.
-Dodo and I exchange looks as he arrives and I leave.

All in all, no jewels, gems, or otherwise remarkable rarities. I suggest re-breaking both elevators and leaving whatever backwards uneconomical society that may or may not live here to rot in the darkness that they deserve. Evolution has failed, this time.

[Image: fxQkfsg.png]

Finally, I resume my attempts to convene with God and pursue financial retribution from some previous unmiraculous setbacks. The Liturgical Study, occupied by the traitorous Ciel, and later Nashu and Mr. Walmart, bears no fruit. Nor does the Chapel, despite Pea and I's snooping. It is evident that this facilty's rewards and treasures are not for the weak-minded. I must persevere if I am to seek an audience with the Big Man.

To recalibrate my chakra and recharge my social batteries, I attend the Wine and Karaoke crossover, the well-documented mess that it is. My Chief of Staff, Morgan, is reduced to unconcious meat and bone. Niles, the perpetrator, immediately remedies this situation by giving me the finest wine in the state of Philadelphium. We engage in mutual oral competition through song, joined by the lovely guitar-wielding Nashu, and her friends Nancy and the glorious Hunter.

I saw merit in there, you'll be happy to know. Merit that has and will be rewarded. An Ethics Co-ordinator has become the next to join my network of self-made millionaires. Some good news, at last.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
Man some days I wonder why I even get out of bed.

Woke up and headed outside to go help Spooks with the bridges. On my way I see someone sliding around on the ice on a raft which looked kinda fun but no time for that. I talked to Spooks for a moment when Giffany showed up so I decide to pick my job for the construction project. Oh, nice, a drill. Yoink. I start drilling holes for the posts then Lita and Tinkaton show up to help as well. Tinkaton is using a meat mallet instead of a hammer which I mean I'm max level in Carpenter so I can assure you that's not the right hammer for the job but oh well not my problem.

Things are going smoothly until some giant bird flies through the sky which Tinkaton locks onto like a fucking SAM site spotting an enemy air target. Tinkaton takes off after it like a demon while we finished off the bridge. I jumped up and down on it, pretty sturdy, well job good done team. As I'm jumping around I looked over at the Survey dorms entrance and saw someone with some kind of frozen cloak entering. Weird.

Anyways Jonsohn Smithy walks up waving his weird mantis arms around. Spooks sends him off to get wood for the next bridge from the forest. I also see Astrid and Niles leaving the Archives heading to the lake.

Carrying on, we headed to the area north of the Survey dorms and wait for Smithy to return with the wood. Smithy and Morgan show up with a ton of wood, then Lita leaves to the west. We get back to work and Astrid shows up, watching us work. Konota shows up soon after.

I chat with Astrid a bit while working then Columbo shows up and interrupts my work conversation and drags Astrid aside. Rude.

Anyways I start getting bored at this point and finish my drilling. I spot Nashu heading across the yard toward the Sleep Lab. I return my drill and follow her. After catching up I start talking about FFXIV and parsing and raiding and yeah dude it's great. We pass through the sleep lab to the Liturgical Study where we see DXHustler wearing a frozen cloak. Nashu loses her fucking mind or something idk and starts screaming "HOLY HOLY HOLY" like bro you can't cast that spell that fast it's got a cast time but okay go off. Hustler leaves and Nashu starts looking through the books. She finds something idk what and we both leave. Nashu goes to the patio but I'm getting tired.

I head back to the History dorms then remember Ciel mentioning something about soup being spewed all over her bed. I figured I can check it out since I'm here. I walk in and see her bed and sheets are chewed to shit. As I do this though something hits me in the head hard and I knock out. Guess we're roommates tonight Ciel.
Spooks?
(Mar 24, 2024 at 12:29 AM)Phenera Wrote: Might as well and check on the Revolving Room if we can, make sure it's not a music studio tonight at least... Even if what it was on previous nights is an unknown.
You check the Revolving Room... It appears to lead to what looks like a college study room. There's a few math textbooks open on the table, and a whiteboard on one of the walls with a couple markers.

(Mar 24, 2024 at 1:01 AM)Phenera Wrote:
(Mar 23, 2024 at 7:41 PM)Spooks? Wrote: but it does appear as though there are wet footprints leading both in and out of the room. There are two sets of footprints, from different shows.

Oh, there should only be one route into and out of the room, but for thoroughness how far out of the room can we follow the two sets of footprints, and where do they go?
You follow the trail of wet footprints... Both sets lead both from and back to the Chem Lab area. They taper off around that point.
Tinkaton
Ah, the alcoholic is dead. Tinkaton will probably not miss you that much.

Tinkaton started her night in her room, as usual, but she heard some weird sounds coming from Ciel's room. Wanting nothing to do with it, she ran to the elevator and took it downstairs. Heading into the hallway, she encountered the bird once more. She attempted once again to make amends - and maybe mess with him a little - but she just got beaten up with a shield, so she ran off to the break room.

She was getting a little hungry, so while she was here she grabbed a cup of noodles for a quick snack...and also disposed of Pegasus' casserole, which was STILL in the microwave. As she finished up, the dog ran in, and she left her cup behind for him to lick. She then grabbed a winter coat from the locker room before heading back upstairs.

After a quick look in the meeting room to see if she could find something interesting - she could not - she headed outside via the sleep lab to hang out with Spooks and help him with the bridges. Walmart John, Lita, and Giffany were already working when she got there. She didn't have a proper hammer, so she used her tenderizer. Spooks found this questionable, but the work continued nonetheless.

As the group neared completion of the first bridge, a Corviknight suddenly came flying out of nowhere, heading for the woods. Tinkaton felt the overwhelming urge to drop her work and follow...and she listened to it. She had planned to go there later, anyway. She quickly lost the bird, though and ended up getting lost. As she tried to make her way through, Alan popped out of nowhere and began attacking her with a rope. Fortunately for the goblin, this was quickly followed by Pegasus also popping up out of nowhere to slide Alan's rope in half.

Tinkaton's natural enemy has changed. She now hates the writer more than she hates the bird. Congratulations. And she hates rope, keep it away from her.

Getting away from the wannabe murderer, she went deeper into the forest and ended up getting lost again. Eventually, she saw a tall man in a cloak, carrying a lantern around and gesturing for her to follow. She did so, and together they got through the forest, until eventually, she wound up back outside, near the arboretum. She turned to wave goodbye to the man that helped her, but he had mysteriously vanished without a trace...

As she headed back to the dorms, she noticed the crew was working on the second bridge, now joined by Smithy. And probably others, but she doesn't remember who else. As tempting as it was to go back to helping, she was exhausted after her woods adventure, so she went through the archives and headed back to her dorm to sleep. At least there wasn't any more weird noises this time.

Night 6.
Tinkaton
Tinkaton wants to check on Trip. From a safe distance.
Ciel
I present my button finger and stare deeply into lyra's eyes to give her a taste of things unknown
oh while I'm speaking up, we have access to hazel's body now right? does it show any notable signs of having gone through the fairy circle? if so could we compare against revy? just to close out this line of thinking
sealelement
[Image: 6ulfcq.jpeg]
100% pure gamer 100%
Nashu Mhakaracca
If I stand in the general vicinity of the new bridges, do I have a view of both the south and east entrances to the aux building from each of them?

Is there any fishing line in the Boathouse or Lighthouse that matches Revy's wounds?
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Good morning to all of those still amongst the living.

I am pleased to see that the bridge construction went well. It feels nice to use these "weapons" of mine for a good cause.

Though I suppose I should begin describing my night

After I awoke from my slumber, I set out in pursuit of sustenance. I may not be human, but all forms of life require energy.
When I was heading towards the Cafeteria, I noticed Spooks, Giffany, Lita, and Walmart John Final Fantasy the 14th were already well underway on the construction of one of the bridges.
In the Cafeteria, I consumed my favorite food - I did not lie to you about my hobbies and tastes, after all - cheeseburgers.
While I was nourishing myself, Konata passed through, entering via the Geology Lab and exiting down the stairs.
With my stomach filled, it was time to begin my work for the night, but before I left, I grabbed a snack to feed to the underground lab later.
After speaking with Spooks, I went into the Black Forest to obtain wood for the second bridge.
I noticed two individuals ice skating while I walked to the forest.
Arriving within the Black Forest, I set upon my work - chopping down trees using the mantis blades I have been blessed with.
While working, I was set upon by Pegasus. Carrying around a zweihander, he challenged me to a duel.
I opted to ignore him, continuing my work. After unfortunately being executed for a crime he didn't commit, his bad luck continued, and a tree I chopped down decided to fall on top of him.
Satisfied with what I gathered, I left back towards the river. Along the way I was joined by Morgan, who offered to carry some of the logs for me.
When I made it back, Spooks asked me to cut the logs down further into planks suitable for the bridge, so I continued to work.
While I was working the following arrivals and departures happened:
Lita leaves
Astrid arrives
Konata arrives
Columbo arrives
Astrid and Columbo depart

Walmart John Final Fantasy the 14th departs
Konata and Giffany worked with me directly, providing great assitance in the construction of the bridge.
After the bridge was finished, I set off to find the Underground Lab to give him a treat.
Giffany followed along partway, as I went through the Geology Lab and then down the stairs.
She left towards the lounge, and I took the Shuttle across to the Lobby.
I found the underground lab in the Leisure Center, chewing on a towel.
I gave him the sausage I took from the Cafeteria earlier and a pat on the head before heading up the stairs to the Patio, then to the Dorms to sleep.
Spooks?
(Mar 24, 2024 at 2:36 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton wants to check on Trip. From a safe distance.
You look at Trip's cell, peeking into the window. He's inside, looking like a totally normal guy. A bit unhappy, maybe. You don't blame him, being in jail probably blows.

(Mar 24, 2024 at 3:20 AM)Ciel Wrote: I present my button finger and stare deeply into lyra's eyes to give her a taste of things unknown
oh while I'm speaking up, we have access to hazel's body now right? does it show any notable signs of having gone through the fairy circle? if so could we compare against revy? just to close out this line of thinking
You show off your finger. There is a smudge of yellow paint on your index finger, just as DXHustler predicted.

You then grab Lyra, pulling her aside and staring into her eyes. Her eyes are a dark, swirling blue. You stare into them for entirely too long.

[Image: lyrathalassic4_df3mr1.png]

Hey! What are you..?

Then, she notices your own eyes. Swirling with a golden hue, mirroring the Telluric Seal.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

Kyeh heh heh... So, you did it too, huh? Very interesting...

You abandon her then, turning and leading the group into the mines. You walk them past the Explosive Storage into the cavern housing the Mine Elevator, and you all pile in.

You emerge what feels like a long time later, in a cavern similar to the mines above, albeit with more modern-looking support beams and lighting. You step out from the elevator, and begin walking down the tunnel until you notice a room branching off from the tunnel. You lead them past it.

You continue to walk down it, until you emerge in a vast cavern, walking on… what looks like some kind of primitive ancient road.

You continue along until you reach a roadblock. Between what looks like a pair of ancient buildings - houses, maybe? - lies a pile of rubble, from what looks like a collapsed pillar, blocking your path. It appears too big to climb over, and you notice… what looks like explosion marks around the edges.

In front of it... is Hazel's body. She looks to be in the same state she was in when you warped her to begin with.
Spooks?
(Mar 24, 2024 at 3:53 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: If I stand in the general vicinity of the new bridges, do I have a view of both the south and east entrances to the aux building from each of them?

Is there any fishing line in the Boathouse or Lighthouse that matches Revy's wounds?
You can both doorways from the bridge by the Survey Dorms and Geology Lab, however you can't reliably see the Geology Lab entrance from the bridge by the Waiting Room.

There is fishing line in the Lighthouse, though not the Boathouse. It does look like a good match for the wound on Revy, much like the wire in the mines.