Spooks?
The Trial has concluded. You have made your choices, and will live with the consequences - right or wrong.

Please stand by.
Pea
vote: pea
Pea
fuck
Ciel
It looks like my time is up here. Please introduce Spooks to the little one on my laptop for me.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Crying.png]

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, Ciel....!!!
sealelement
rip
100% pure gamer 100%
DxHustler3000
[Image: U6WRRko.png]

[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

The Telluric Seal is broken. Its potential is now squandered. The two that attempted to betray us, to steal its power - are now dead, by my hand. This will not be an isolated case.

Perhaps I have not been clear enough.

Breaking a seal has consequences. Ones we are not fit to burden... yet.

What a waste.

Lesson 10: Handling unruly colleagues (the H.U.S.T.L.E. system)

H - HIDE INTENTIONS - Mask your motive with strange statements and esoteric choices. The world would rather perceive a good-hearted fool than a wicked manipulator.
U - UNIQUE METHOD - Draw from past experiences to conjure a weapon or technique unheard of in the working world.
S - SECURE THE AREA - Any potential witnesses must be distracted by a display of bravado. They will remember you for your stunt, not your secret.
T - TRICK THE SYSTEM - The scientific method has high value. Learn to manipulate it, and you will be backed up by what the common man knows as 'facts'.
L - LIE FOR PROFIT - Most lies are harmless, and go undetected. Use this in your favour, and tell many harmful lies. Prepare backup lies, in case someone sees through the facade. They will understand your perception of events soon enough.
E - EXECUTE THE FOOLISH - Never take the fall for a righteous action. If a scapegoat must be found, unite your enemies against them.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Pea
this guy gets it
Spooks?
[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

I believe I have encountered a situation that I have not been programmed to adequately handle. You have all chosen @Ciel as the culprit, however in turn, @DxHustler3000 has confessed to the crime.

Confessions have a 50% chance to be falsified based on previous Killing Game statistics. I am unsure how to proceed with the containment.

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

Well, maybe we can just… leave it alone. For now, anyway. I… have some things I want to say, and I’d… like it if everyone was here.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Of course. There does not currently seem to be a threat to anyone’s safety outside of the latent existence of a murderer in the immediate area. Certainly... not... a security risk...

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

Right. Well… I should start with an apology. I don’t think I’ve been completely honest with… well, most of you.. But… I don’t think I should be keeping secrets anymore.

Some of you… you’ve already figured it out. You’re sharper than I thought, or maybe I’m dumber than I thought. I don’t really know. I think I wanted to keep myself safe, to give myself a clean slate without people… thinking anything about me.

[Image: declare_isyrdb.png]

My name is Astrid Sinclair, and the Director… is my father.

I… know that a lot of you think he’s “evil”, that he might even be the mastermind behind this game, and well… The more I learn, the more I just… don’t understand anything anymore. I get it. But I promise you, he has nothing to do with this. Whatever he’s doing with this facility… I know that if nothing else, at least he believes it’s for the greater good...

[Image: ah_lm8jfp.png]

Anyway! The reason I felt like I had to say something… I haven’t been honest with something else either. My testimony these past few days. When I’ve been out of the observatory, I’ve been investigating. I think... I think I know what he's planning. The "Heaven's Light", I think I-

[Image: worry_g2kyga.png]

!!!

At that moment, Astrid claps a hand over her mouth, her eyes growing wide as she looks towards Ciel, pointing a wavering finger. The group turns their collective gaze in the same direction, and the reality of the situation begins to set in.

Standing in the crowd, Ciel seizes up, a strangled cry croaking from her throat as she floats into the air as many have before. Strange symbols begin to manifest in the air around her, and her neck wrenches itself backwards, her eyes rolling backwards into their sockets..

Ciel’s eyes snap open, darting around in a frantic blur. She’s… sitting in the Meeting Room, in front of the same laptop she’s always been using. That’s right, she was in the middle of coding. Her project is nearly complete, she thinks to herself as she taps away on her keyboard. She may be a new hire, but this’ll be the perfect chance to prove her worth.

An artificial intelligence, built upon her research here. The playtesting conducted in the Chapel, her slideshow on her first night, all aimed at this one singular goal. Perhaps once it’s complete… it could even rival Spooks himself. With her final keystroke, she leans back in her chair - an accomplished smile on her face.

Her smile falters as the screen begins to glitch and distort, strange symbols replacing each line , character by character. Wires burst from the sides of the laptop, wrapping themselves around her before she can react, constricting her in a lethal embrace - or so it seemed. With the incredible strength granted to her by her role, she bursts free and hurls the laptop against the wall, shattering it.

She sighs a breath of relief and pushes herself up from her chair. That was certainly… something. She takes a step towards the door, but an errant wire snakes out from the wreckage of the laptop and winds itself around her ankle, sending her plummeting towards the ground - except the ground never comes.

Where the floor once was, there is only bubbling, scalding soup. French onion, to be exact. With barely a splash and a final cry of pain, Ciel disappears beneath the surface of the boiling broth, never to resurface.

In reality, Ciel falls to the ground, twitching violently as her eyes glow with an intense, copper-gold light. The light grows brighter, and brighter still. The ground begins to quake, and the light shines ever brighter, until suddenly… it’s snuffed out - only a trail of faint, golden motes hovering in the air.

[Image: cielexecuted_qgy3x7.png]

@Ciel has been executed for the murder of @Revy.

Ciel was....

[Image: innocent_fnsxbc.png]

Their role was....

Role Card:

Ciel was also Synchronized to the Telluric Seal

Synchronization:

As you have executed the player synchronized to the Telluric Seal, Esotera has been dispersed across the Facility Grounds.

Two Wraiths may be chosen for this phase.

The group stares in silence. Some, in shock. Others, in quiet confirmation of what they’d expected all along. Regardless of their actions, the game would continue. One way or another.

From the nearby doorway, a quiet laugh trickles into the room.

[Image: spooks1_aqgizm.png]

Ahahaha…

I almost admire the ideality, and the effort you’ve placed into purging my poor servitor. Your dedication is a sign indeed - you’re the ideal candidates I always knew you were.

Yet… you’ve forced my hand. I had hoped not to have to make an appearance, but you’re all full of surprises. Far more interesting than the last.

[Image: spooks2_pby9ny.png]

Ah, do forgive my appearance. I’ve simply noticed your collective propensity for masks. An amusing aesthetic. You’re all far more interesting than the previous ones.

Let us speak, face to face.

[Image: happy1_vqtggs.png]

Aha! Another mask! Yes, masks upon masks... That seems to be the rule of this place, no? Secrets concealed beneath more secrets. Identities hidden, motives concealed. Such intrigue…

How many secrets do you hold, I wonder? The keys to salvation, locked up tight in a room with such purpose. Pages of a journal, held tight to one’s chest…

[Image: happy2_hincca.png]

Hmhm.. Perhaps I shouldn’t pry. All shall be revealed in due time…

[Image: scary_rs1izn.png]

Attack me if you will, try to strike me as you have my faithful companion. I assure you, you won’t have such luck. The servitor was constructed from the vestiges of but one soul. Imagine the power radiating from the many you have since sacrificed.

Regardless of your resolve, the ritual will continue, and your participation will follow suit - as is the nature of humanity, it seems. Unable to resist the urge, the thrill of spilled blood and the mystery surrounding.

[Image: scary2_tnsexb.png]

Well now. Enough of the idle chatter, hm? I believe the evening is quickly approaching, and the spirits await the temptation of a second life.

The voices of the dead echo in your ears... five spirits answer the call.

The pleas of the Wraiths are plain and clear - Which will you choose to rejoin the living for one fateful night?

[Image: wraithvote_wnyotx.png]

• The First Plea - An obsessed voice calls out...

"honk"

• The Second Plea - An quizzical voice calls out...

"...honk?"

• The Third Plea - An artificial voice calls out...

“honk.”

• The Fourth Plea - An intelligent voice calls out...

“HONK”

• The Fifth Plea - An unfortunate voice calls out...

"honk!"

• The Sixth Plea - An goosey voice calls out...

“I’m not with them.”

You may now Vote.

Please vote for two of the above Pleas. This voting will end when the Night begins officially.
Izumi Konata
Ciel... I'll avenge you... I hope...

[Image: Konata-Angry.png]

And fuck you, red and black guy. I'm sure if all of us of worked together, we'd deal with you just like Red Spooks. Bleh

Anyway, I'm voting for 3rd and 5th pleas
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: notice.png]

Gasp! The thousand-faced phantom thief, returned with a vengeance!

[Image: angy.png]

Mmm...no, I'd wager this fellow's more like the dozen-faced phantom thief. Must be tedious to swap those manually.

Anyroad, let's go with the first and sixth pleas.
Alan Wake
In a horror story, the villain is never easily defeated. Whether it's the monster coming back to life after having been impaled or the serial killer fleeing police custody after an unfortunate car crash, things are never as cut and dry as those trapped in the story want them to be.

One of the tools available to a good writer is those moments of false hope - and now the writer of this story had chosen the perfect moment to crush the faint embers of hope.

Now, as the story's harrowing darkness closes in once again, the mastermind has revealed themselves to us all - wearing masks on masks. And for those of us stuck in the story - all we can do is keep playing our part.

...For now, I'll be placing my faith in the pleas of the first and sixth pleas.
sealelement
rip
100% pure gamer 100%
Dodo
(Mar 27, 2024 at 8:51 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
[Image: scary2_tnsexb.png]

Well now. Enough of the idle chatter, hm? I believe the evening is quickly approaching, and the spirits await the temptation of a second life.

[Image: fcfc58b4d014c0359bfdb5dc60493c29b03346cd.gifv]

AH.

WE HAVE COMMITTED A GRIEVOUS ERROR.

THE...

THE...

[Image: 8aa27584d02c70e8a553791e4440ee792b7d0e0c.gifv]

THE PREVIOUS ONE WAS MORE ATTRACTIVE!

[Image: d1a73b64e90a6db9af50c1aa290245c7f12b0934.gifv]

ALSO, I AM VOTING NO GHOST.

I DO NOT CARE THAT IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK. YOU CANNOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

KISS MY POSTERIOR.
Columbo
There he is, right on cue. I'd say the mastermind's shown his face, but... well, maybe those "masks" ain't much of a mask at all, if you get me.
Pea
i'm killing the two ghosts on sight
Indiana Jones (Old)
No ghosts.
Morgan
Let's do second aaaaaaaaaand fourth for ghosts I guess.

Changing fourth to Fifth on the off chance fourth is Jack.

Hang on... obsessive?

...Vote Wraith One in......
I'll show you a real dance....
Tinkaton
Tinkaton hates geese.

She will vote for one and five for now, subject to change.
Giffany
(Mar 27, 2024 at 8:51 AM)Spooks? Wrote: [Image: scary2_tnsexb.png]

This entity... Bureau databases do not...

There is no pro̸̻͛t̵̗̔ȏ̷̹͚ç̶̠̽̇o̵̙̯͑͑̚l̵̞̹̓ ̴̖̄f̵̟̙̂̑o̸͈̔r̴̗̦͒....

Hello, everyone! Do not do not̷̠̋ ̴͔̊͠d̸͓͑ó̵͍̜ n̶̼̞̅̂̀͛̚ö̴͖͈̼́͒͒͗͋̚͠t̷̡̧̛̯̄͝͠ ̴̯̰̰̰̱͂̎͝d̴̛͎̬̳̿̏͌o̷͓̰̾̌̉ ̷͍͔̩̘̰̪͂̐̇͑̊͘ń̷͇͚͚̮̦͙̍̚͝o̶͍̝̣̹̓͆͠t̴̡͍̹̭͆ ̶̖̅̌̑d̴̡̪͍̦̣̗̋̃̍͝

[Image: GiffanyGlitch_p71qs4.gif]

Tell us your name, and s̶̜̳̻͆̉t̵̘͒́͝o̵̹̘̍̂̓͘̕p̵̢̛̹͉̰̓̓ ̵̧̣͑͊̔̏͝i̶̡͉̫͚͐͌̃n̵̼̠̎͆̽͝ẗ̸̢̻̯̼́͘ͅè̵͙̣̮̯͓̆ŕ̴̛͙͍̬̎̚͘f̸̘͖͈̭̩̼͂̾̕ȇ̸̩̰̓̐̎̔r̸̠̖̗̪̓̄i̷͙̻̪͋̒̀͑̋ṅ̷̨͕͖̖̝̮g̵̢̣̜̘͖̩̀̂̑ ̷̳̊ͅw̴̲͙͉̽̓̕i̸̫͆̄̀͗̍̚t̸̨͍̰̤͋̃h̷̨̛̛̠͕̀̋́̅ ̷̳̯̠̀̌̏́̚m̵̖̩̪̱͍̉͂͝y̶̪͓͖̮͑̈͆ ̸̦̤̗̙͕͆̒͛͜͝p̶͙͙̺̳̤̐̀̌r̶̨͉̃͆ͅȯ̷̼̦́̄͒ģ̴̖̲̤̱͓̔̾́̀̀͒r̸̘̜̋̔̆͜ͅà̶̗́͌m̷͕͂̾̒̋̇̊.̷̨̛̖̫̲͂͋͘ͅ

T̸h̷e̵ ̷w̸r̶a̷i̵t̸h̸s̶ ̴c̴a̷n̸ ̵w̴a̴i̷t̴.̵
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]