Nico Yazawa
[Image: 1fnUUiQ.png]

Hmm hmm~♪ I'm sure you are all curious what Nico did last night✰ here you are♡

I think that heropon's days are quite numbered here~♪♡

Spoiler:
Columbo
Looks like everybody's accounted for except poor ol' Smithy. Such a shame, didn't expect a tough guy like him to go.
Oh, tell me if I've got any of these masks wrong. I'll try to pair people and masks as I saw 'em.

Guess I'll just own up that I went off to my little lore hunting spot. Not much point in omitting it when Indy (Sea Monster) saw me in there. After he leaves, wouldn't you know it, the power goes out! These "magic eyes" don't actually glow in the dark, so I stumbled out of there blindly. Next person I see is... Morgan (Lion) in the Facility Lobby. We pass by each other, and I go upstairs to the Patio to join in the party.

Spooks (Gentleman), Lyra (Squid), Astrid (Cat), and I'm pretty sure that was Nancy (Plague Doctor) were here. And, I ain't gonna tell the health inspector or nothin', but a bunch of rats were runnin' around. Doesn't matter, I was having a good time chatting everybody up, and eventually the power comes back on. Giffany? (Pharaoh) showed up after that point to chat up Lyra, and me and Astrid went off for another one of our walk and talks.

Well, I'd say it was a nice talk, but we found the body. The entire Geology Lab was an inferno, but I managed to catch words before they were completely ruined. There must've been five of them, but I only figured out the first two: "Hustlers must"
That probably doesn't mean anything, but I'll put it in my notes somewhere. Just in case.
Columbo
Check for signs of blood trailing into or out of the Geology Lab, or any other sign that the body was moved.
Compare a few more... crude methods for beheading a guy. Baseball bat to the neck kinda crude. Crowbar, maybe?
Oh, and for completeness sake, I also want to see his stomach contents.

And, just random curiosity, check out the Service Elevator.
Dodo
Check the decontamination log. If the victim was hacked apart, there's a chance the killer got a lot of blood on themselves.

Check the cafeteria and kitchen for meat cleavers and large blades. Check the morgue and whatever the room we recently discovered with all the surgical equipment (lab zero?) for chopping implements. Check the boiler room and receiving bay for heavy bladed tools like axes, saws, large cutters. Check the armory for large blades too.

Compare all of that shit to the hacking wounds.

Also inspect the lab coat for unusual materials or other peculiarities.
DxHustler3000
Check the rooms adjacent to the Geology Lab - Archaeologist's Office, Chem Lab, Aux Bathrooms, and the Observatory for good measure.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_eyes_sparkling.gif]
Hello, Squid Mask! You are actually, Lyra, in masquerade! Do you still have the special gift I gave you last night?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Dodo
Let's also do the obvious and check all the rocks in the geology lab. Humans used to hack themselves apart with stone tools back then all the time.

Also check the pickaxes in this room and the mines against the wounds.
Phenera
Quote:then punch that person in the face as hard as I can.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

........Dodo....... We're terribly ashamed. We would never have done those horrible things in the Chapel if we didn't have to in order to survive. We were forced to fight with the first person we encountered alone tonight, whether we wanted to or not. We used a strange mask we were given to end the fight quickly in case it was someone dangerous. We wanted to avoid causing you harm, but we had no other choice...

...then we were also forced to quote an anime called Rick and Morty... We reviewed everything we could about it in preparation... To force that on anyone, this masked man is vile!

Think I was asked to ask Lyra to compare the hot dog on the victim's person to the BBQ hotdogs on the patio, so let's do that.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 8:27 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check for signs of blood trailing into or out of the Geology Lab, or any other sign that the body was moved.
Compare a few more... crude methods for beheading a guy. Baseball bat to the neck kinda crude. Crowbar, maybe?
Oh, and for completeness sake, I also want to see his stomach contents.

And, just random curiosity, check out the Service Elevator.
You check the area around the Geology lab for signs of blood trails. Surprisingly, you don't find any trails in any of the adjacent rooms or entering or leaving the Geology Lab.

Next, you grab a crowbar from the Boiler Room and look for a body to try to behead. Your first thought is Jack of Spades, but upon checking her body, she appears to already be missing her head. The hell? Anyway, you grab Revy from the Morgue instead. You then hack her head off with the "sharp" part of the crowbar. The wounds look like of similar, but the thing used to behead the victim was clearly bigger and thinner.

You cut his abdomen open to check his stomach contents. His stomach is filled with half-digested hot dogs.

Finally, you look inside the Service Elevator. The floor is covered in burned, melted plastic. The smell is rather foul.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 8:37 AM)Dodo Wrote: Check the decontamination log. If the victim was hacked apart, there's a chance the killer got a lot of blood on themselves.

Check the cafeteria and kitchen for meat cleavers and large blades. Check the morgue and whatever the room we recently discovered with all the surgical equipment (lab zero?) for chopping implements. Check the boiler room and receiving bay for heavy bladed tools like axes, saws, large cutters. Check the armory for large blades too.

Compare all of that shit to the hacking wounds.

Also inspect the lab coat for unusual materials or other peculiarities.
You check the Decontamination Logs, entering the room. It doesn't look like anyone's used this room though there is a bloody gardening hoe lying against the wall.

You inspect the Cafeteria and Kitchen next, looking for cleaves, large blades, etc. Both have large-ish knives, but only the Kitchen has cleavers. You then head down to both the Morgue and Lab Zero. Both of these places have tools like bonesaws and scalpels, a very similar array. The Boiler Room contains some saws, axes, and other such tools, but the Receiving Bay does not - only box cutters. The Armory contains large combat knives.

You take all of these and sit down next to Revy's body once Columbo is done, making various incisions and generally walloping her with these items. None of them really match the wound. You suppose the axe is kind of close, if a bit too thick. It definitely wasn't the saws, it doesn't look as though it was done with a serrated sawing tool.

You then check out the burned lab coat. It's in very poor condition, and it's hard to tell if its bloody or anything due to being completely blackened and barely held together.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 8:39 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: Check the rooms adjacent to the Geology Lab - Archaeologist's Office, Chem Lab, Aux Bathrooms, and the Observatory for good measure.
You check out the Archaeologist's Office. It's about in the same shape it was in previously. The desk is smashed up but the room is otherwise clean. The Chem Lab is in a similar state, though replace the "smashed desk" with the door to the radioactive material storage being completely destroyed by some kind of explosion or fire. Inspecting the Aux. Bathrooms, there is nothing particularly out of place at first glance.

There's nothing of note in the Observatory.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 9:05 AM)Giffany Wrote: [Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_eyes_sparkling.gif]
Hello, Squid Mask! You are actually, Lyra, in masquerade! Do you still have the special gift I gave you last night?

[Image: mask2_h8pszr.png]

Huh? I mean, yeah but... Why'd you give it to me in the first place? Kyeh.... Talk about a weird gift...

Lyra reaches through her pockets and pulls out a massive dank blunt, presenting it to the crowd.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 9:13 AM)Dodo Wrote: Let's also do the obvious and check all the rocks in the geology lab. Humans used to hack themselves apart with stone tools back then all the time.

Also check the pickaxes in this room and the mines against the wounds.
You check the rocks in the Geology Lab. None of them appear to be like, carved or anything. Not particularly sharp besides some crystals, but they don't look like the right shape. There's a large geode missing though.

You check the pickaxes in both here and the mines, but neither appears to match either.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 11:44 AM)Phenera Wrote:
Quote:then punch that person in the face as hard as I can.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

........Dodo....... We're terribly ashamed. We would never have done those horrible things in the Chapel if we didn't have to in order to survive. We were forced to fight with the first person we encountered alone tonight, whether we wanted to or not. We used a strange mask we were given to end the fight quickly in case it was someone dangerous. We wanted to avoid causing you harm, but we had no other choice...

...then we were also forced to quote an anime called Rick and Morty... We reviewed everything we could about it in preparation... To force that on anyone, this masked man is vile!

Think I was asked to ask Lyra to compare the hot dog on the victim's person to the BBQ hotdogs on the patio, so let's do that.
[Image: thinkmask_ra0o2b.png]

You know, these aren't... really what that's supposed to be used for, but I'm not about to sit here and let this scientific opportunity pass me up. Let's give it a shot!

Lyra takes the hot dogs and walks down to the labs. She comes back a bit later.

[Image: mask_b5qraf.png]

Kyeh... No dice. Most I could find out is that the burned one on the body doesn't have barbecue sauce on it, but the one from the Patio barbecue does.
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 6:49 AM)Nico Yazawa Wrote: [Image: uZOMdPd.png]

Can Nico try to kick dumb furball?
In lieu of Dodo's assault, you deliver a swift kick to Riki's ass. Much like a football, he goes flying across the yard, landing in a pile of wood. Damn that felt good.
Izumi Konata
Gonna check various places that might be missing a bunch of oil, enough to burn a whole room
the lighthouse, the kitchen, maybe in the receiving bay, and also maybe in the boiler room
Lita
I left the Survey Dorms masked up and ready to enjoy another evening of being a Sim. I went through the Black Forest to the Patio where I ran into Spooks with marker on his face. He asked me for help running the grill, and I can't deny that little cutie anything so I ran the grill for a bit.

To be honest though I'm a shit cook. It's why I did next to none of it in Kitchen KG. So as someone in a Gargoyle Mask (Dodo?) passed into the Museum Hall, I handed off cooking duty to someone in a Rabbit Mask (?) who identified themselves as Spooks. Don't think you can pull a fast one on me, buddy, I got my degree in Spooks Studies from Philadelphia University.

Someone with a Minotaur Mask (Riki?) entered from the north and chatted Marker Spooks up. I wanted to be friendly and mingle so I spoke to Plague Mask Nancy and Groucho Glasses 23 for a little while. But when 23 fucked off downstairs I decided to follow him. Like hey, buddy, our conversation wasn't done yet. I lost sight of him and tried to make my way over to Dispatch to see if I could call him back or do anything else funny... Unfortunately it was around this time the power went out so I didn't make it there at all. Joy.

Genius that I am I tried to take the Main Elevator back upstairs. Yes for real. While I was screwing around with it I heard someone moving in the south part of the Facility Lobby, but didn't see them due to the darkness. Eventually I gave up on that and walked up the Shuttle Line to Station 1, exiting into the Cafeteria. Power still out, I meandered around outside until I arrived at the Arboretum. 23 was there again -- how the hell did he sneak past me? -- struggling with the power.

Two of us didn't need to be flipping a switch over and over so I moved to leave. Retracing my steps into the Botany Lab I encountered someone in a Devil Mask (?). The devil also took hold of me because I attacked them and they rightfully threw paint all over me and fled. Honestly, completely reasonable, I would have done the same thing if our positions were reversed. However cucked of both murderous impulses and chaotic ones I retreated to my room and slept.
Lita
Carefully compare the blood covered gardening hoe to the neck wound I guess although that was probably used to behead Jack of Spades. I don't want to contaminate the blood on it though.

Also compare the neck wound to a barbeque fork and a multi-purpose spatula.
Ciel
I'd like to activate Lyra and ask for a Substance Test on the hoe blood and compare it to a sample from ther now beheaded jack body and our night victim's
Ciel
arrive to the patio. CLOWN is talking to PLAGUE DOCTOR, RABBIT is grilling with spooks, CHICKEN is glaring
BEAR is waiting on the edge, LION arrives with a mirror, SNAKE walks up and heads inside
BEAR yells out to the skies “I AM ALAN WAKE AND I AM GOING INTO THE WOODS!”
ever committed to the bit, I see
BEAR leaves to the woods as the power goes out, someone pushes past me to get onto the patio, two separate gunshots go off then some glass breaks, someone stars screaming, running around, then falling down
I leave towards the woods and meet up with SLOTH, we enter the woods, BEAR is being chased by bear (real)
the woods are brilliantly decorated with webs and as wel go along we meet the resident spider (large)
needless to say the three of us split up and go our own ways, on my way out I run into MINOTAUR who looks decidedly unhinged and speaking to something I can't see
I ask if they're feeling okay and they fire off a gunshot and then take off into the woods

over at the mine elevator HORSE is standying by and I take the the elevator down
the rubble is cleared and I follow some tread tracks
the ancient city sure looks ancient and city
in what seems to be a residential district, there's several research stations are littered about and the red pipes and a couple containment rooms exist, one BPI-1001 [Anti-Liturgic Weapon “Longinius”], the other BPI-2967 [Mound of Bodies]
I find the journal in a residence here, it'll be presented at the end of the day
pass by SHITTY SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SCREAM to the east and go up a set of modern metal stairs only to find a door I have too low of an access level to enter
turning back, I head north and come across a massive chasm with a control panel nearby
the control panel has two buttons reading "extend bridge" and "retract bridge" and seems to require a key to function, so I couldn't extend the bridge and check out the cool bureau door on the other side
satisfied with my exploration, I head back upstairs via the mine elevator, only to be met with HORSE at the top again, who cleaves me in two with a katana
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 4:32 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Gonna check various places that might be missing a bunch of oil, enough to burn a whole room
the lighthouse, the kitchen, maybe in the receiving bay, and also maybe in the boiler room
You check the Lighthouse. There are certainly several barrels of lantern oil, but none of them seem to be missing a significant amount. The same goes for cooking oil from the Kitchen. You check the Boiler Room though, and there is a missing container of lighter fluid, which you suppose could cause a pretty big fire.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 5:08 PM)Ciel Wrote: I'd like to activate Lyra and ask for a Substance Test on the hoe blood and compare it to a sample from ther now beheaded jack body and our night victim's
You ask Lyra to compare the blood.

[Image: thinkmask_ra0o2b.png]

Kyahaha, finally! See, this is a real substance! Gimme a sec...

The blood on this hoe looks like it's from the victim. I don't think Jack of Spades would've gotten enough blood on this thing for it to line up, she's been dead a while unfortunately.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 5:03 PM)Lita Wrote: Carefully compare the blood covered gardening hoe to the neck wound I guess although that was probably used to behead Jack of Spades. I don't want to contaminate the blood on it though.

Also compare the neck wound to a barbeque fork and a multi-purpose spatula.
You carefully compare the hoe to the neck wound. Without testing it, it's pretty tough to tell but you feel like it's probably a very close match. The thickness of the hoe's blade and its relatively blunt edge make it seem like a good match.

You compare it to a barbecue fork next, which you find to be nowhere near anything that could cause the wound. You then compare the spatula... You think it's probably an identical match to the hoe, they're about the same.
Columbo
Our example power drill didn't survive the fire, but can we find a similar enough one in the Boiler Room or somewhere and match it to the stab wounds?

Oh, and check the Cafeteria for blood or signs of struggle. And hot dogs.
Lita
I know the Patio has broken glass and rats we're the rats all over it, is there any blood anywhere?
Nico Yazawa
[Image: uZOMdPd.png]

Nico wants to inspect the golden glowing door in Chapel and ask Lyra about if she knows anything about it~♡♪

Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 6:33 PM)Columbo Wrote: Our example power drill didn't survive the fire, but can we find a similar enough one in the Boiler Room or somewhere and match it to the stab wounds?

Oh, and check the Cafeteria for blood or signs of struggle. And hot dogs.
You check the Boiler Room, looking around for a power drill. You find one, though it's not identical to the ones in the Geology Lab. Its close enough though so you compare it to the wounds on the victim's body. Nowhere close to any wound on his body.

There is no blood in the Cafeteria or signs of a struggle, but many hot dogs are missing. They exist in some capacity and can be obtained from it though.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 6:49 PM)Lita Wrote: I know the Patio has broken glass and rats we're the rats all over it, is there any blood anywhere?
There is no blood on the Patio.