Izumi Konata
Other than the writing on the wall, what's the state of the blood in the geology lab? Does it look like it splattered around or does it look like it pooled out from the neck?
Riki
Rock in Waiting Room... like rock in Geology Lab?

Lyra always say to Riki, "football" and "rat" and "luddite," but maybe know all places lab coats come from?
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 5:05 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Other than the writing on the wall, what's the state of the blood in the geology lab? Does it look like it splattered around or does it look like it pooled out from the neck?
It's definitely more splattered around than just pooled, but not in a huge area or something.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 5:12 PM)Riki Wrote: Rock in Waiting Room... like rock in Geology Lab?

Lyra always say to Riki, "football" and "rat" and "luddite," but maybe know all places lab coats come from?
You look at the rock in the Waiting Room. It kind of just looks like a regular rock. Like a rock from outside. Nothing remarkable about it.

[Image: thinkmask_ra0o2b.png]

Lab coats? Yeah, they're... everywhere. Most rooms ending in "Lab" would have them in some quantity, I think. Why, looking to accessorize for once? Kyahahaha!
Dr. Niles Crane
I would like to ask paranormal investigator Dexter Hexley to present his theory
Spooks?

[Image: mask2_fnt6pw.png]

Alright 23, It's testimony time~

...Why must I suffer in such a way? To testify in front of a crowd, clad in this mask of humiliation... Yet... I suppose there is a murder among our count once more, having slaughtered a fellow Anomaly in cold blood.

I... shall testify. My actions throughout the night are few in number, due to this cursed blackout.

When I awoke... I was appalled to see the visage grafted to my existing mask. No foe would take me to be a serious threat when I appear in such a way. And yet, this foul wench saw fit to drag me to a blasted party nonetheless. Upon that time, the mask of the HAWK was seen over the course of our travels.

Oh come on, 23. You've got the funniest mask here, you should be happy to have it. Look at your friend Dodo, I'm sure he'd much rather have your mask after last night, mm?

[Image: duomasked5_kmamjd.png]

I believe this mask is torment enough for one evening. I am simply glad I needed not to spend more time than necessary at the event. Upon arriving, one clad in the guise of a RACCOON began to speak to us, and I was given an excuse to abscond.

Right, I got a notification that an Anomaly had been sent to the Holding Cell, so I sent 23 to check it out. He didn't look like he was having much fun anyway.

...The one with the visage of the RACCOON followed me at a distance as I returned to the gaol to check upon the imprisoned. It was... a terrible creature. Pale white, croaking a most horrible chant. I... believe I may have seen a creature like this before. The more I stared at it, the more I...

[Image: mask_rtnkxy.png]

I did not linger long. I left to the Morgue, to fulfill a promise made, before riding the locomotive across to the other side of this facility. I had made yet another promise - to attempt to manipulate the switch in the Arboretum for Nashu. I left to the Waiting Room, though make no mistake - I smelled not burning as I passed the Geology Lab. When I arrived at the site of the switch, I found myself plunged into blackest night.

I attempted to use the switch, yet found my efforts fruitless. I did naught else but remain there, even after the power returned to these grounds. I believe I saw the RACCOON MASK once again here, spying upon me in the midst of the darkened night.

[Image: solonance_jtk3lq.png]

As for me? I just spent the night at the party. It was fun, even when that silly HORSE MASK brought 3733. The rats are cute, I think. I'm pretty sure people have already described most of the party. The only thing not mentioned so far is that in the middle of the blackout, 23's friend Dodo came to talk to me! Honestly, Dodo's so sweet, caring so much about his friend.

Oh and... sorry for whoever bumped into me in the dark. I didn't mean to hurt you so badly, I just reacted on instinct. You never know when someone's planning to sneak attack you, after all~
Morgan
Here to present my Masque per request from Indy
I'll show you a real dance....
Dr. Niles Crane
Check anywhere where there might be masks lying around - leisure centre, locker room, break room, observatory? Assuming any of them haven't been checked already.

Any masks in the Killing Game Lab or WV Archives?
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 5:31 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: I would like to ask paranormal investigator Dexter Hexley to present his theory

[Image: mask1_bihlmx.png]

Heh heh, I think I've got a pretty good grasp on this case now. We've got a dead body in the Geology Lab, beheaded, burned, and god knows what else. Blackout during the night, mysterious masked figures. This seems like it's an open-and-shut case. Trust me, masked figures are my expertise.

Stand back, Dr. Crane. It's time for... Dexter Hexley: Paranormal Investigator - Season 9, Episode 6: A Burning Question!

[Image: mask3_vxuqto.png]

Let's be honest with ourselves here, people - this case is fucked up. Who DOES all of this stuff anyway? Just behead the guy and get outta there. Cut the bullshit, am I right? Well, let's consider the facts: The scene had a message written on the wall, right? According to the second-best detective on the scene, it read Hustlers Must... with he rest destroyed by the fire. The whole thing's gone now too.

My thoughts? Yeah, the killer wrote the message, but why write a message if the room's gonna burn down anyway and destroy it? It's simple. The killer and the firestarter are two unrelated people.

[Image: mask2_eiyuyi.png]

The rest of it's easy though. Absolute joke of a case, if you ask me. You want a culprit? Look no further than Phenera. Yeah, sorry not sorry, slime lady.

Poor old Smithy, guess I was too quick on the draw accusing him last time, but I'm not making the same mistake this time. The guy just wanted to grab a power drill, when Phenera strangled the poor guy, choked him out from behind. She dragged him into the Archaeologist's Office, an already-explored room that nobody would check, just to hide the body.

But how did she do this, you ask? Isn't she seen pretty early on? Yeah, well, consider that she had a body double. The body double was wearing the "Asshole Pharaoh" mask, and totally owned Dodo while she was taking Smithy out. Then, she just doubled back later. She admits to being in the waiting room, but also the Arboretum, where she easily could've nabbed a hoe.

[Image: mask1_bihlmx.png]

Then, she tried to frame the Hustler with the note, but someone else came by to burn the lab. Who? Well, there's a mysterious guy around and about isn't there? That's right baby, I mean Horseface. That was his real attempt, to set the lab on fire. Just so happened that someone else already died in there. The message, and therefore the frame attempt, was completely destroyed in the process.

We may never know just what the message said, but the writing's on the wall for you, Phenera. It's time to give it up.
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:27 PM)Morgan Wrote: Here to present my Masque per request from Indy
You show off your mask. It is a rubbery LION MASK, firmly fixed to your face.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:27 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: Check anywhere where there might be masks lying around - leisure centre, locker room, break room, observatory? Assuming any of them haven't been checked already.

You look around those areas for masks. There are no masks in any of them besides the Whisper Valley Archives, which has a few masks that appear to just be cheap children's halloween masks from a long time ago. They don't seem like they would fit anyone well.
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:27 PM)Morgan Wrote: Here to present my Masque per request from Indy
You show off your mask. It is a rubbery LION MASK, firmly fixed to your face.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:27 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: Check anywhere where there might be masks lying around - leisure centre, locker room, break room, observatory? Assuming any of them haven't been checked already.

You look around those areas for masks. There are no masks in any of them besides the Whisper Valley Archives, which has a few masks that appear to just be cheap children's halloween masks from a long time ago. They don't seem like they would fit anyone well.
Izumi Konata
Spooks, is there anything in the lake?
Indiana Jones (Old)
Check the fountain.
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:35 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Spooks, is there anything in the lake?

(Apr 15, 2024 at 6:36 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Check the fountain.
Both of these areas have been checked, with no evidence found.
Izumi Konata
Gonna check the kitchen and lounge for anything out of place?
Lita
I investigate the Arboretum. Aside from the tools messed with, is anything out of place?

I also investigate the mine drain area. Can I find anything?

ALSO @ 23, could you tell if the tools had been rooted through before I came in there?
Izumi Konata
Also, go to the shuttle, check to see if anything is out of place in any of the stations, and walk along the shuttle tracks to see if anyone dumped anything there or something?
Dr. Niles Crane
Ask 23 if he remembers if the tools in the arboretum appeared to be fumbled through when he was there

Ask... nicely though, given the violent nature of our last interaction.
Nashu Mhakaracca
Check the aux bathroom in general, particularly the sinks.
Spooks?

[Image: mask_ccue0b.png]

Heyo.

I... didn't really think it would be important to testify, I mean I didn't really go to very many places, but I guess I did find the body, so... it couldn't hurt. Besides, I also ran into the horse guy, even if... you don't really think he's the killer anymore.

For the first part of the night, I wasn't... really planning on going to the barbecue. Sorry Spooks, but... everyone's running around in a mask. If the "mastermind" is right about one thing, it's that wearing masks definitely does mean someone might try to do something they normally wouldn't. I... didn't really want to get hurt, or caught in some kind of murder scheme that didn't account for my mask.

[Image: mask2_an3i8j.png]

I wasn't all alone though - pretty early on, someone in a MINOTAUR MASK came to talk. They identified themselves as Riki, which was good. I'm glad that he was forward about his identity at least, and not some... weirdo trying to trick me.

After he left, I was just reading when... A while later, all the lights cut out. As... fun as it sounds to sit around trying to read in the dark, I guessed this was my cue to get out there and start investigating a bit. Heh... go figure. The one night I'd rather... not do that. Oh well. I left the Observatory and crossed the yard over to the Patio. Along the way, I was stopped by this guy in a clown mask. It was... kind of creepy, but I'm pretty sure it was that Walmart John guy. Just had the vibe, y'know?

I went to the Patio and waited around in the dark for a while. Poor Spooks wasn't doing too great, so I tried to cheer him up. Um... I don't really remember 100% how things went here, but... this is the first place I saw the HORSE MASK guy... He rolled up with this old-school boom box - I think it's an Anomaly? Either way, he brought a bunch of rats with him...

[Image: astridmask_ehcmyp.png]

I started talking to someone in a DOG MASK too, who ID'd himself as Columbo. He wanted to go investigating and... I was really grateful for the company. Even standing around on the Patio with others, I felt pretty exposed. I didn't know who anyone was and...

Well, we went downstairs. He wanted to check out that... What was it called? Arcana Lab? The Service Elevator though... It was filled with this nasty burning plastic all over the floor. I don't think it would've been safe to ride, what with the fire and the fumes and stuff. Instead, we wanted to go see if we could find the victim and get some early information. We went over to the Auxiliary Building on the shuttle and... In the Geology Lab...

[Image: mask_ccue0b.png]

This guy in a DRAGON MASK was beheaded, lying on the ground while the room burned. An ominous message on the wall:

"Hustlers must..."

I couldn't make out the rest. It was super creepy though, the whole thing was straight out of a mystery novel... I promise you though, neither of us had a part in it. The fire was already burning for a while before we arrived, but based on the damage... I don't think the time gap was big enough that Columbo could've started it before meeting me. This isn't just me covering for him, I promise!

[Image: astridmask2_nvjo2p.png]

After that though... we went our separate ways. I went back to the Observatory, and that's when I saw... HORSE MASK again. Like I said earlier, he was acting real weird. Telling me that I needed to trust the Bureau's plan, and talking a lot about how he wanted to eliminate the Crimson Eye. I... don't really know what he wanted, and he refused to say who he was. The whole thing was... just so weird.

Konata in a SLOTH MASK came to visit a bit after that, which was... better. After that... nothing. I didn't see or hear anything else, though... I didn't leave the Observatory again, so realistically I guess I wouldn't have.
Izumi Konata
Checking the corpses we know of if any of them are missing hands at all?