Phenera
To put this down for after the case, can I present the audio logs I found when the chance arises?
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Columbo
Hey, did anybody at the party see which was Rabbit Mask went when he woke up?
Spooks?
(Apr 16, 2024 at 1:44 AM)Columbo Wrote: Hey, did anybody at the party see which was Rabbit Mask went when he woke up?
[Image: mask2_ww5ysy.png]

If my memory banks serve me correctly, he went back inside the Museum Hall.
Tinkaton
Well, now that the case has been failed, Tinkaton may as well ask about the new chapel door.
Columbo
Check on the Containment Room in Lab Zero.
Ciel
okay while I'm still around
I'd like to check out the golden door, the supposed new seal location, share my lore, and public invest retrace all of my steps through the ancient city including the door I couldn't open and the bridge

EDIT: konata found a house in the woods right? would we be able to investigate that now too? she said it had a physical lock but I should be able to make short work of that, right?
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: scream.png]

Well, what's done is done. Only one cantalouper remains.

Ah, one second.

[Image: confused2.png]

Much better. Could I show off the file about Project Azathoth?

Also, I'd like to lead our group to the tower I found last night.
Columbo
Lets see, I've got a few... Here, "Mask Project Development" and the files on BPI-1000 and BPI-2003.
I've only skimmed the one on BPI-1000, so I'll be interested in seeing it in full.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Explaining.png]

I got my own lore as well tonight. And of course I'll be showing it off~

[Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

Though, I can't take too much credit in finding it. Someone just slipped it under my doorway.

Alright, I'm showing the Director's Note
Dodo
[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

DEXTER.

I MUST THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE WHILE I WAS BEING ACCOSTED WITHIN THE CHAPEL.
AND WHILE I WAS NEVER IN REAL DANGER FROM SUCH A PALTRY WEAPON, IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS.

I HAVE MISJUDGED YOUR CHARACTER. I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BUFFOONISH TELEVISION STAR PAST HIS PRIME.
BUT NO. YOU ARE EVERY BIT THE MAN OF INTEGRITY AND CLASS THAT YOUR SCRIPTED TV SERIAL PORTRAYED YOU AS.

AND EVERYONE WHO THINKS OF YOU AS A FAILURE IS A FOOL.

KEEP THIS IN MIND FROM NOW ON, WHEN PEOPLE WRONGLY JUDGE YOU AS A WASHED-UP HACK.

YOU ARE DEXTER HEXLEY.
PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR.

BE PROUD. BE BOLD. AND THRIVE.

[Image: fcfc58b4d014c0359bfdb5dc60493c29b03346cd.gifv]

KNOW THAT I AM DEEPLY SORRY ABOUT THE FATE OF DR. NILES CRANE.

THOUGH HIS MOTIVES WERE WICKED. AND WE WERE ENEMIES.
HE WAS YOUR FRIEND. AND THUS IT PAINS ME.

I WISHED FOR A WAY TO AVOID THE INEVITABLE, BUT I COULD NOT SEE IT.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

[Image: e3b6ec3ee15da1543564ddcfe01e08659fc3ea1f.gifv]

GO IN PEACE, DR. NILES CRANE.

LEAVE BE YOUR EARTHLY BONES. SEEK OUT YOUR HEAVEN.
AND FIND ETERNAL PEACE IN THE STARRY VOID.

AMEN.
Dodo
(Apr 14, 2024 at 11:44 AM)Phenera Wrote: [Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

........Dodo....... We're terribly ashamed. We would never have done those horrible things in the Chapel if we didn't have to in order to survive. We were forced to fight with the first person we encountered alone tonight, whether we wanted to or not. We used a strange mask we were given to end the fight quickly in case it was someone dangerous. We wanted to avoid causing you harm, but we had no other choice...

...then we were also forced to quote an anime called Rick and Morty... We reviewed everything we could about it in preparation... To force that on anyone, this masked man is vile!

[Image: dcb3cdab26c56e434d7906a4a04e2a4e1bb2b92d.gifv]

PHENERA. ABIECTIS.
DRY YOUR TEARS.

OUR PATH IS ANOMALOUS. AND OUR GOAL IS TO SURVIVE.
TO THIS END WE HONE EACH OTHER'S WIT AND SHARPNESS THROUGH THE TRIALS OF WAR.
ALL SO WE CAN ENDURE THAT WHICH HUMANITY THROWS IN OUR WAY.

DO NOT WEEP BECAUSE YOU WERE CARELESS ENOUGH TO INJURE ME.
BE JUBILANT BECAUSE YOU WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO GET THE BETTER OF ME.

THIS IS WRITTEN IN YOUR BLOOD. AS WELL AS MINE.
AS SUCH IS THE CREED OF THE MAGICAL BEAST.

[Image: 160fac6a6d6c0ffd0aa1b93bdd5cb337e6722b60.gifv]

I AM PROUD OF YOU.
Phenera
(Apr 16, 2024 at 7:40 AM)Dodo Wrote: DO NOT WEEP BECAUSE YOU WERE CARELESS ENOUGH TO INJURE ME.
BE JUBILANT BECAUSE YOU WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO GET THE BETTER OF ME.

THIS IS WRITTEN IN YOUR BLOOD. AS WELL AS MINE.
AS SUCH IS THE CREED OF THE MAGICAL BEAST.

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

...until the masked intruder put masks on everybody, we were planning to start our new self-directed assignment last night. Then everyone was given a mask...

Starting that work last night felt impossible after that, and then we received our assignment to duel someone... then we found a sister we had to protect... and... and... and then... we found out we had dueled you...

So much was happening that we didn't even prepare our nightly report...

...if our Bureau assessment only focused on what went wrong last night, they'd call us incompetent and dangerous.

...but you're saying... we proved our strength. You still have faith in us...

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseBaseQuizzical_ietwdo.png]

Maybe the masked intruder wants everybody here to lose faith... Some of the Agents came here with faith in the Bureau. Heteromorphs have had faith in other heteromorphs. That hairstylist still had faith in even Dr. Lyra. Agent Konata believed in Agent Ciel. Agent Columbo and Astrid trust each other...

But the masked intruder wants to use masks and a Killing Game to poison all of that and turn faith into suspicion.

If Liturgic Esotera is his weakness, and it's about worship and faith, no wonder he'd want to ruin everyone's faith in each other and what they believe in!

[Image: PheneraDeepThought_hjmyk7.png]

But... Agent Hustler had faith in Agent Morgan... and... and... so did... The Thing that Lies Beneath...

Agent Morgan killed a heteromorph after he convinced it to trust him... and he betrayed Agent Hustler, too...

Can faith be dangerous, too? If someone puts too much faith in the wrong person, or organization, or plan...

Too much faith is dangerous and too little faith is dangerous? Is that true? In that case, what can be trusted? How does the Source fit in?

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseLosingIt1_dmq8rl.png]

There's so much to think about! It's almost too much!

[Image: PheneraPleased_nsgjxw.png]

But Agent Dodo is right! We need to focus on what went right! We're strong - strong enough to protect and support other heteromorphs! We were even able to protect the other Phenera that appeared!

He was wrongly executed, but we found a Crimson Eye agent, too! We can be effective!

Thank you, Dodo! Even if it's confusing and there's so much we haven't learned, you've made it easy to see that there's one place we should put our faith!

Tonight, we start working on the career training center!
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Giffany
[Image: GiffanyGlitch_p71qs4.gif]

..............................̶̙̍.̴̠͑.̸͖̿.̶̙́.̷̙̃.̸̞͝.̵͇͛.̷̦̈́.̷̬̈́.̶̝͑.̵̳͂.̶̙̍.̴̠͑.̸͖̿.̶̙́.̷̙̃.̸̞͝.̵͇͛.̷̦̈́.̷̬̈́.̶̝͑.̵̳͂.̵̨̨̖̈́͠.̵̡̙͔̒̆ͅ.̴̦͚͓̣̌̈́̉͝.̴̙̆̓͜ͅͅ.̸͓̈́̏͋̓.̶̥̖͂̕.̷̫̂̐̍̓.̶̭͙͝.̴̘̻̳̊̋͠.̷͔̳̜̺̓.̶̛̼͐̐͠.̴̨̥̭͗.̵̦̉̀́͠.̶̡̘͖͎̔̎.̵̦̫͑.̴̺̓̉͠.̷̪͈͌.̸̣͚͊.̶̗̅̈

...T̸̮̋͆̒h̷̩̟̏e̷̤̓̈́i̸̟̘̔͆ṛ̷̥͎̓̏̌ presence is near again... They have yet to ans̵̠̫̳̊̈w̵̙̽̊e̸̼͗̀r̵̎̒ͅ ̴̥̯̔m̴̭͎̏̌͝ÿ̶͉́͜ ̸̭̙̠̉q̶̡̜̽uestion, but they are...̶̬̽.̵̖̏

There is no Bureau prȏ̶̼̟͈t̵͓͂̓o̵̦͑c̶̲͔̺̐͘ô̶̗̚͝l̷̰̊̓ for this. T̸̩̍ḧ̶̫̣̜͕́̚ẽ̶͓̜̰͖̐̈̒ÿ̸͕̮͇́̚͝ ̴̛̰̻̲a̷̜̬͊̽̌ȓ̵̝͔̫͍̓̾e distorting my program. They are a̷̠͇̫̮͒̔͜ ̶̡̧̲̹̗̝͌̓ṭ̶̱͍͚͋̏͒̈̕h̷̝̹̑̚r̷̼̎̈́͗̕͠ẹ̷̹͙̫̀͂̈́͜ȧ̸̛͈̋̾̓ṭ̴̘̬̳͒̿ to the facility.

...................Then why...

...Why am I fe̶̥̣̫̲̿̒͗̎̚͝e̶̠̭͍̋l̸̠͒̽̈́̏í̵͈̼̙̠̖n̷̢͖̈̎̚ġ̵͚̼̟̊̇̐̑̚ ̶̭̮͌̈́̽̀̀̎ţ̶͓͉͇͖͔̰͗̃͌͛̿̄ḥ̴͍͔͕͖̰͂ĭ̸̹̊ş̴̳̦̮̟̀ͅ ̴̝̱̯͓̥̥̯̄̈́̋̚ŗ̶̧̞͇̺̣̩͐̆ë̵̛̹͉̝̹̰̣̲́̉̔̀̊̊̈́̽͛͘s̶̢̛̯̬͋̓͐̾̑͘ͅö̶̦͙̗̤͇́̚ͅn̴̯̙͚̖̠̪͚͉̖̱̟͇̯̲͈̘̼͚̥͎̗̖̝̆͂̓̍̅̌̐́̋́̌̈́͆̕͜͝͝͝͝a̵̡͉̱̬͈̖̻̯̦̭̝̱̣̲̰̰̻̻͎̔̏̆͊̈́̔̌̂͑́̍́́́͆͜͠n̷͕͓̫̬̻̝̳̩̰͜͝c̷͓̺͎̲̙̼̉̋̊̆̇͑̓͘̕̚͘ẻ̸̡̱͈̭͇͓̻̦̑͌͋͝ͅ ̵̡̛̜͖̓̈́́̽̈́í̷̧͍̖n̴̘̱̽̍̅͗͒̌̒̄̽̊͠ t̵̨̩͓͚̠̭̺̺̻́͗͊̇̚͘ḫ̵͓̬̪̊̊́͝ė̷͍̇̇̋̀̄̍͘m̴̧̻̪̯̱̟̜̮̠̊̏̈͋͜͝ͅ...?̸̼̺̝̙͚̦̣̈́́̈́̿̒̐̏͗̄̽̊͝
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Morgan
(Apr 14, 2024 at 11:56 PM)Morgan Wrote: I find said lore, I will present to the class [Memo: Void Conduit and Esotera Storage] when we get the chance.

Reiterating this for posterity.
I'll show you a real dance....
DxHustler3000
Let's present [TRAVELLER'S JOURNAL #9].
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Indiana Jones (Old)
Let's take another look at the seal I found tonight.
Spooks?
(Apr 16, 2024 at 2:27 AM)Columbo Wrote: Check on the Containment Room in Lab Zero.
You investigate the Containment Room in Lab Zero... It appears to be completely empty. Upon inspection of the panel, it is sparking and lightly smoking - completely nonfunctional. You can't tell what was in here from looking at it, but the room doesn't seem to have contained a living room. It's a bit chilly in there too.

(Apr 16, 2024 at 2:47 AM)Columbo Wrote: Lets see, I've got a few... Here, "Mask Project Development" and the files on BPI-1000 and BPI-2003.
I've only skimmed the one on BPI-1000, so I'll be interested in seeing it in full.
(Apr 16, 2024 at 2:49 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Alright, I'm showing the Director's Note
(Apr 16, 2024 at 7:07 PM)Morgan Wrote:
(Apr 14, 2024 at 11:56 PM)Morgan Wrote: I find said lore, I will present to the class [Memo: Void Conduit and Esotera Storage] when we get the chance.

Reiterating this for posterity.

First up, @Columbo presents a couple of files, retrieving them from his coat. First, he presents the file on "Mask Project Development", whatever that is.

Quote:
[Mask Project Development]

MASK PROJECT
RESEARCH LOG
PROJECT ID: MA-4459
CONDUCTING RESEARCHER: [REDACTED]

Progress has been made on research regarding the applicability of the principles employed by [ANOMALY EXPUNGED] in its function.

Out of the various conduits tested, masks appear to remain the most effective method of bestowing temporary Anomalous abilities to the individual wearing it. The current hypothesis is that a mask's proximity to various sensory organs, as well as the brain, allow for a particularly effective form of [REDACTED]. It is likely that this is why [ANOMALY EXPUNGED] exists in the form it does. Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to safely test the mechanisms behind the operation of [ANOMALY EXPUNGED] due to an overwhelmingly large presence of [REDACTED]-aligned Esotera present within the object, potentially leading to severe consequences if allowed synchronicity.

Current prototypes remain flawed as a result of this guesswork. Trials conducted using these prototypes have been halted temporarily following the detections of several potential major side effects in test subjects, resulting in termination. These side effects include: headache, blurred vision, loss of memory, permanent replacement of the face with prototype, decomposition of the face and skull, severe tumorous growths, overwriting of personality, distortion of physical form, and light cough.

Attempts to remove an improperly synchronized mask from the face of a test subject has been recorded to be extremely painful, and will result in death if continued.

Next, he sorts through his paper and presents the Anomaly File for BPI-2003. You recognize the number at least, the Shadow Plague Antidote. Though... this thing is old news, for the most part.

Code:
BPI-2003 [Shadow Plague Antidote]
[ACCESS LEVEL: V]
[THREAT LEVEL: RED]
[DESCRIPTION]: A small syringe containing a glowing, pale liquid.

[INFORMATION]: BPI-2003 is the designation given to our most recent scientific triumph. As the Shadow Plague is a disease that attacks the soul, developing a vaccine was extremely difficult - however, as a result of Bureau research and collaboration with [DATA EXPUNGED], it became clear that Shadow Plague had a weakness after all.

Shadow Plague’s patient zero - the one benefitting from the soul-draining process, is rife with Occultic-aspected Esotera, which serves to augment their own abilities. The antidote, therefore, is a hypercondensed supply of Liturgic-aspected Esotera. As an opposite energy, the reaction between the two without a prior Polaric Shift in one or the other is extremely violent, and will immediately consume the body of the primary host - regardless of any other physical immortality.

Once this process has eliminated Patient Zero, the symptoms of Shadow Plague will cease, and the dispersed Esotera will return to the afflicted. Do not inject anyone unaffected by Shadow Plague, the results are extremely dangerous and the reason this Anomaly has been given a RED Threat Level.

Before Columbo can continue with his files, @Izumi Konata eagerly butts in, showing off a document that appears to be written by the Director, according to the title on the stationary. Despite that, the writings look somewhat frantic, and written by an unsteady hand.

Quote:
[Director's Notes]

The __________ Initiative is coming along well. The machine is undergoing construction in the depths as we speak - integrated with the Codex. The ability of the Codex to siphon and redistribute Esotera is invaluable in the process, however as I have seen first hand, the Codex itself is unspeakably dangerous. A volatile element, capable of immense Occultic corrosion upon direct contact due to the lingering vestiges of its author. Its pages, filled with nothing but Occultic symbols and rituals designed to reallocate Esotera for one's own means.

One prominent example being the Killing Game, a ritual that is perhaps only as prominent as it is because of our failure 20 years ago and the mass amounts of Esotera released in the wake of the tragedy.

Thanks to the data gathered from each of our stored Anomalies, I think we're finally approaching a breakthrough. As long as each of those cables continues to feed information and data into the [REDACTED], it should allow us to modify the effects and attunement of Esotera on a level not seen in nature - beyond the restraints of the seven types currently known. We could provide infinite resources, reshape the world and restore nature. Bring back magic to mankind's grasp and restore our reality to the place of wonder and discovery that it used to be.

In the hands of the killer, that monster from 20 years ago, the Codex was a means to a selfish end. But it's mine now, and I've seen what it can do, what I can do with the power it's given me against my will. Wexlyn wasted his on chasing power, but I'm chasing something else. A higher purpose.

I managed to save her life, if nothing else. The least I can do now is give her the world she deserves. A world to sustain her boundless curiosity.

Taking the opportunity, @Morgan decides to show off his file too, though it's much shorter. More of a memo, really. It seems to be about methods of Esotera storage.

Quote:
[Memo: Void Conduit and Esotera Storage]

ATTENTION: Void Conduit (Esotera-devoid Occultic remnant) is not to be used further for Esotera storage as of June 19th, 2026. Void Conduit has been deemed extremely volatile, and Occultic-aligned by default, making storage of Liturgic-aligned Esotera impossible and long-term storage unfeasible.

Instead, please see your supervisor to inquire about your department's supply of EsoSynth, our newly-developed safe and neutral aligned solution for long-term storage. While the maximum energy capacity is lower than that of our previous solvent, it is guaranteed safe for all types and combinations of raw Anomalous energies.

When everyone else is done, Columbo finally gets a word in, and presents his final file. An Anomaly file, much like the others - but this one is strange. Unnerving.

Quote:BPI-1000 [RADIANCE]
[ACCESS LEVEL: X]
[THREAT LEVEL: MAXIMUM]
[DESCRIPTION]: [DATA EXPUNGED]

[INFORMATION]:

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION HAS BEEN DEEMED COMPROMISED AND HAS BEEN EXPUNGED FROM RECORD. ALL REFERENCES TO BPI-1000 ARE TO BE KEPT EXCLUSIVELY BETWEEN SANCTIONED RESEARCH TEAMS AND AUTHORIZED AGENTS ONLY. VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION.

BPI-1000 superficially appears to be a [REDACTED] [REDACTED] of average size, appearing to perfectly [REDACTED] regardless of subject [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. Constructed from [DATA EXPUNGED], BPI-1000 has endured [REDACTED] years without any signs of physical damage or age, retaining the same appearance as depicted in various [REDACTED]. Obtained from [IDENTITY EXPUNGED], BPI-1000 has been sourced to a [REDACTED] located at coordinates [REDACTED]. Despite further research on the site, no other Anomalous phenomena have been located despite high levels of residual [REDACTED] in the area.

When in its initial form, BPI-1000 exerts a mild pull over [REDACTED] as though BPI-1000 demands a level of [REDACTED]. This seems to affect individuals on varying levels, and does not require [REDACTED] or knowledge of BPI-1000 to occur. This effect appears strongest when subjects are [REDACTED] or experiencing severe desperation. When [REDACTED], BPI-1000 seems to [REDACTED] [REDACTED] based on the [REDACTED] of the [REDACTED] [DATA EXPUNGED], though in each case, the [REDACTED] seeks [REDACTED] [REDACTED] with the guidance of [REDACTED] in all His glory.

Upon [REDACTED], BPI-1000 -A is [REDACTED] from the [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. BPI-1000-A [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] . In holy resplendence and [REDACTED] [DATA EXPUNGED], transcENDENT LIGHT, SEVEN APOSTLES [REDACTED] [REDACTED] RESURRECTON AND REBIRTH UNDER [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]THE THRONE ATOP THE ALMIGHTY [REDACTED] REDACTED]. THE POWER OF MANY INTO [REDACTED] AND [REDACTED] UNTO ALL.

LET NOT THE FALSE APOSTLE [REDACTED] AND DELIVER US TO SALVATION O HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HO

[Image: mask3_f1czps.png]

...I do not believe you are supposed to be reading that. Please dispose of that file as instructed, it is intended to be expunged from record permanently.
Columbo
Think I'll do just that, Spooks.
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 6:56 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: [Image: IMBOAmR.png]

What lies behind the chapel door...?

You, along with everyone else, enter the Chapel, your collective eyes trained upon the glowing door that lies behind the altar. But you're no strangers to this sort of thing. You place your hand upon the door's handle and carefully push it open, shielding your eyes from the radiant glow within.

[Image: sealchamberliturgic_n0w1lr.png]

In the center of the room, a pillar rises to the ceiling, the clear glass giving way to a shining symbol floating in the middle. The surrounding walls appear as a window, facing out into an endless golden sky. Standing in here, staring at the endless clouds... you feel comforted. Your faith unwavering and strong in the resplendence of the holy light.

You approach the terminal by the pillar, forcing your sight away from the impossibility of this room.

Text slowly scrolls by...

Belief in one another, the unshakeable faith in a greater purpose, the guidance of a true leader. These are the pillars upon which our communities are built. Some worship gods, others worship men. Others yet, look inwards, their faith in themselves granting them true enlightenment - and the power to shepherd their ever-faithful flock.

Together, we walk a radiant path. Ever forward. Supporting each other throughout the darkest night, until the dawn blesses us once more. Shepherd or sheep, your strength together is what makes you human, what gives you the power to create a brighter future for all.

For all things born from the collective belief, touched by holy magnificence and sanctified into being.

The Liturgic Seal has been placed.

A button lies beneath the text on the panel, prompting you to touch it.

DISABLE LITURGIC SEAL? [Y/N]

This action cannot be undone. You will live with the consequences - right or wrong.
Pea
Nope.