Riki
[Image: aaaaaaa.jpg]

Unseal for Nico, with Ciel as backup
Wraith 1
Phenera
(Apr 17, 2024 at 9:48 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: But your faith in me is not worth the animosity from them. I suggest you revise your goals promptly in the interest of public relations. As for me...

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

It resonates with you, but you're giving it up?

With all the business knowledge you have, maybe we should listen. What we learn from this could help with career training!

But we still believe Dodo's presentation to everyone made sense! Unsealing it is the safest course of option! Dr. Lyra seems to like her new hairstylist, so maybe letting her stay will help everyone in getting through to her!

Vote: Unvote

Revoting - Vote: Unseal, Vote: Nico. Remain on Vote: Plea One for Wraith.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
DxHustler3000
(Apr 17, 2024 at 10:20 PM)Phenera Wrote: It resonates with you, but you're giving it up?

[Image: lF1yUqv.png]

A lesson I learned early in my journey to make my first million dollars - pick your battles, and define your goals. My battles lie elsewhere, and my goals do not require this. Power is everywhere.

... I'll find another way. Hustlers always do.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Alan Wake
MUSIC:

[Image: K7VA1VN.png]

Exposition is an important tool in any writer's toolkit. The night janitor telling the teenagers of the horrible incident with the Class of '98, the worn policeman in the bar, mourning the case that got away, the old woman living in a shack in the woods who knows all the local legends... Well paced exposition is important. It helps set the tone of the story - the writer able to introduce important context clues to the characters and audience both, whilst they walk down the twisting, ever turning spiral of the story.

...Spirals. They had played a large part in my life in recent years. From the doors I kept finding in the Oceanview Hotel, the symbol on the door of my cabin, to the iconography of the Abyss Team. This "killing game", the set of murders - they aren't just some loop, endlessly repeating - they're a spiral, all coming down to one figure at its end - this mastermind, the true writer of this horror story we find ourselves trapped in.

...In a horror story, the villain is never easily defeated - but they are never defeated by inaction. One day, soon, the masks will come off.

...I think it's time to come clean.

My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer. But on top of that, I am DERLETH of the Abyss Team, recruited some years ago. What Dodo - Sothoth - has said in the past is mostly correct.

But to say we're all on the same page? That has never been the case. I've only ever made contact with Dodo once, when I thought a plan was going to lead to my immediate demise. Even today, had I been able to respond quicker, I was going to oppose Dodo's plan to unseal it.

Keeping these seals intact is the only lead we have on keeping the Codex safe. As much... as I'd want to see Ciel have a second chance at life, I cannot risk it. Keep the seal unbroken.
Nashu Mhakaracca

[Image: sus2.png]

Divulging secrets does seem to be a running theme as of late, doesn't it? As a seeker of truth, I should rejoice, but...I hadn't intended to reveal my hand just yet. Nevertheless, with a seal's fate hanging in the balance, I ought to allow you all to make an informed decision.

[Image: pensive2.png]

Throughout the course of my investigations, I've gleaned more than I've let on - information that I have gathered in private about the events that unfolded in Whisper Valley many moons ago. I believe I am close to piecing together that entire puzzle.

Upon reviewing Simon Sinclair's investigation logs, one incongruous detail stood out to me. If the serial killer was using the smuggling tunnels beneath the town to move about, then they must have already had access to the underground city. What, then, was stopping them from acquiring their precious Codex?

The truth is, a seal was already in place long before the Bureau existed - the First Seal. It was forged by a scholarly traveller who happened upon the tome's resting place during the course of their journey to better understand the vast world. Recognizing it from the myths and legends of their youth, and wary of the danger it posed in the wrong paws, they employed potent sealing magicks by sacrificing their own soul to lock its terrible power away.

As we've witnessed, binding spells woven with esotera are easily dispelled by those capable of playing host to the seal's magic themselves. As such, the seal would not stop a normal human - but it would certainly keep the Black Scribe at bay, as they had already drunk deep of the Occult.

[Image: sus.png]

This brings us to the ritual. Though the Black Scribe lacked the means to break the seal conventionally, they had other means at their disposal. A more straightforward method...raw power. A spell woven from the souls of countless innocent townsfolk, transmogrified into a weapon of harrowing force. They might have gotten away with it, had it not been for Simon Sinclair and Xavier Wexlyn. Before the ritual could serve its purpose, Sinclair broke the seal himself.

As for what happened after that...I'm not entirely sure. But all of that accumulated energy, intended to assault the seal, had nowhere else to go. It dispersed...and likely caused the tragedy that befell Whisper Valley. In attempting to grant the townspeople succor, I believe Sinclair inadvertently spelled their doom.

And thus we arrive at the final question. Why bring this up now? There are only three seals remaining. With each broken seal we tempt fate and bring ourselves one step closer to oblivion. The mastermind may not require us to break all of the seals on our own. Even should we choose to leave one in tact, he can harness the souls sacrificed by the killing game ritual to claim his prize himself. There even appears to be a perfect candidate for this in the form of the Occultic Seal, which we are unable to disable normally.

Consider carefully whether we really want to do this. If we do, let it be the last time.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
can you put that in a video guide that's too many words
Nashu Mhakaracca
(Apr 18, 2024 at 1:03 AM)Walmart John Finalfantasy14 Wrote: can you put that in a video guide that's too many words

[Image: CqXR62S.png]
Gotcha thank you

So it's come down to me, has it?

When the world needs a hero, the Warrior of Light must step forward and bring light against the darkness. I must be the beacon that leads the way forward. The hope for this star, for its people, for us all.

Hydaelyn herself blessed me, and with the power of the echo I've overcome countless challenges. Toppled gods, defeated emperors, prevented the end of all things.

Countless souls have rested their fates in my hands before, and you all, in this instance, are no different. And thus, I look upon all of you.

My friends. My allies. My compatriots in arms.

I have thought long and hard, sought guidance from the others, and-

........................ fuck

bro this script sucks where's the skip cutscene button this situation is FUCKED. UP. OKAY. THIS IS FUCKED UP. WHY. WHY ME.

okay look don't fucking kill me for this I just want to live dammit how do I raid if I'm fucking dead? I don't. Dead people can't parse. That's cringe. My singular purpose for existing would be fucking GONE so don't do that it's all I have left. I'm not even like the poster boy WoL I'm literally the Walmart brand I'm suffering enough as it is.

okay I vote to keep it sealed I am so fucking sorry wraiths especially you Ciel I wanted to find the souper alongside you but bro if the mastermind dude gets even more powerful then he's more likely to fucking kill me and that SUCKS. I'm not exactly a difficult target you know. I literally am just a guy who raids in a video game.

fucks sake man how did it come down to me, I need someone else to do this shit I'm not cut out for that I just want to play video games and hang out with cool people like cmon man

oh and if anyone has to come back, please Ciel come back to us
Spooks?
[Image: nancyscared_xp1xhx.png]

You know, I feel... uneasy about this about this. You can call it a hunch, or a compulsion, but goodness - this seal makes my hair stand on end. Something about unsealing this, why it just doesn't feel right. Even if it's being done to bring your little friend back to life... A little birdie told me that this seal could be dangerous.

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

So I agree with Mr. Wake! Vote: Keep Sealed

Let's keep it shut, why don't we? People have made plenty of arguments, but trust me - I think this is the right choice. This seal... I'm worried it won't be good news for poor 23 and I. I have my reasons~
Ciel
nancy why...
Spooks?
(Apr 19, 2024 at 3:19 AM)Ciel Wrote: nancy why...
[Image: nancyscared_xp1xhx.png]

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have much of a choice. I'm sure you'd understand if I told you, but I simply can't risk anyone having this seal. During the night of course, it can be defended - but if it were to break here and now, well there'd just be nothing I could do.

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

It's for the greater good~
Nico Yazawa
lyra ples come smack this hoe
Spooks?

The First Plea has been chosen.

??? has returned as a Wraith to the realm of the living.

Additionally, the Liturgic Seal shall remain sealed.
The Retcon Fairy Godmother
[Image: 6cec96c73b6e5ab577e2935131139b406de45e4a.gif]

[Image: Fairy-Godmother-Shrek-2.png]

[Shit, wrong direction.]

[Image: Fairy-Godmother-Shrek-22.png]

[...]

[...]

[...no I had it right the first time. For all the bubbles in this economy, making one that can actually burst is... Oh! Yep, it's definitely this sorry lot.]

Pop!

Hush now, everyone. I'm finally here to make it alllll better~

Why, you look confused. I'm your Fairy Godmother. No, not yours in particular. This game's. My factory was contracted with correcting each and every timeline discrepancy using magic of the finest order. With a wave of my magic wand, your troubles vanish in the blink of an eye.

I respond to the powers that be, and my subordinates operate in the shadows to correct the particular confusions which arise... memories changed... orders of events suddenly unwinding and rewinding themselves... it's all in day's work. Your endings may not be happy, but your timelines certainly are.

....some call me the Retcon Fairy. But please, call me Godmother. Ohohoho....

[Hm, that usually gets some kind of reaction.]

[Image: Fairy-Godmother-Shrek-22.png]

[...]

[...]

Good grief, to put it bluntly, I've cancelled my other clients to be here, as the balance of magic here is out of even my control. And oh no no... I can't have that. Oho... punishment must be dealt, if necessary, by my own hands. Tampering with forces outside of the fabric of time, the very nature of chaos itself... agh. I'm going to eat a triple bacon cheeseburger from the local drive-thru when this is all over. Meddling creatures.

I'm here to supervise you for one night, and ensure that things are back to normal by the time I vanish. I look forward to meeting you all in time... but! While I'm here, if I can no longer act in service of the game... I'm going to need a single, worthy charge...

[Image: fairy-godmother-shrek-2-3.png]

......You. Space girl. You seem princess-enough, with a negligent father who locked you in a facility all of your life. Ahahaha... we have much to discuss. I'll ensure your night is relevant for this very case. It'll get you out of that stuffy observatory.

[Yes... Sinclair... that name is familar...... perhaps....]

Your wish... will be my command, for every princess needs their fairy godmother.

[Image: 8b432b670cb287579adb6d22d58ade5b1d87df18.gif]

Ohohohoho.... with a drop of mayhem... a pinch of disorder... and just a hint of...

chaos....

See you soon.

Pop!
Columbo
I'm sure that's fine, nothing to worry about.
Morgan
Retcon Fairy Godmother I swear to FUCK if you touch that seal I'm going to retcon you myself.
I'll show you a real dance....
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]

I'm really confused...
Pea
...Yeah, that's shoot on sight.
The Retcon Fairy Godmother

smaller *Pop!*

Settle down. Settle...

The seal shall remain sealed; I have no intent of changing that myself. You should know there's a difference between the mistakes you make, and the mistakes the powers that be make. My presence here is, of course, neither of those. Ohohoho...

I shan't harm any of you, for I'm simply here to grant one girl's wish, and supervise you for one night to ensure that chaos remains under control as long as I can. Mother knows best. And yet, after this, I'm afraid any meddling you do afterwards will be well beyond my help....

Oh, dearie me. Unnecessary and vague explanations to the confused and worried always set off my cravings. Are there any hot dogs left from the BBQ?

....No?

Ugh. Typical.

*Pop!*