Riki
Extra raft that rest-in-peace Niles mention Night 5... still on shore?

Don't know if rafts elsewhere around lake, either. Docks?
Giffany
Hello, Spooks! You are, such a cute kitty! Can you show the CCTV footage from the, Observation Room last night?
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Columbo
Does the lantern match the blunt force wound?
Oh, and somebody help me kick through the snow around the bridges real quick. Actually, just follow the whole river. Lookin' for anything out of place, like a knife or something.
Spooks?

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png]

Walmart John... the "Warrior of Light", he called himself. I never really... understood what he was talking about. Raids and parses and... Well, I thought the "Astrologian" class sounded cool, I guess, but maybe that's stereotypical. Dodo too, he... stuck up for me when Lyra was being a huge bitch. I didn't really know him but... he didn't deserve to die, especially not after he tried to save us from that... other Spooks.

I'm not really sure how helpful this is gonna be, but I guess I... did get around a lot.

[Image: oh_zz9chv.png]

Normally, I've been meeting Mr. Columbo on the Patio. It's... a decent spot to hang out, and it's easier than having him come to the Observatory for our nightly investigations. Tonight though... Well, I have a warm coat, but I'd still rather not be outside. We decided to meet up in the Whisper Valley Archives instead. It's close-by, it's warm... I dunno, I just thought it'd be a good place to meet.

I was getting ready to leave when Morgan showed up. He had... a couple questions. I guess he wanted to know the password to the door in dad's office. With that... other elevator working now, I guess it isn't much of a secret anymore, so I told him.

I left after he did, but... I didn't take any bridges, sorry. Dr. Crane took me ice skating a few nights ago, and it kind of... got me in the mood for a bit more. I just slid across the river, it was fun. There was... no lantern or anything though that I'm aware of. If there was some kind of light on, either something was blocking it, or... I dunno. I didn't have any eye protection, I kind of forgot about that.

[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

When I got to the Archives, I met up with Spooks and Mr. Columbo. I guess he was trying to convince Spooks to help him explore underground, but Spooks wasn't really having any of it. I... had to tell a bit of a white lie to get him off our backs. Sorry Spooks. He left though, and Riki came in while Mr. Columbo was browsing the files.

Heh, he was wearing like, nine chef's jackets. I guess it kept him warm but... it was pretty funny, especially with his... shape. We talked for a bit, but not about anything super important. Mr. Columbo and I left a little bit after that. We figured the shortest way to get down to the underground city was through dad's office, so we went downstairs and passed through there. We... didn't really run into anyone until we actually arrived at that ancient city.

Dr. Jones was down there, trying to open a Containment Room. Mr. Columbo told him off, and he just kind of... gave up and walked away. For some weird reason, he called Columbo "da boss", like he was some kind of Batman goon or something.

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

Well, I'll... hold off on talking about too much. I don't know Mr. Columbo wants me to talk about the kind of stuff we found down there. All I'll say is that... it's creepy down there, but there's so much history to this place, so many secrets that... I don't know if ANYONE knows. I'm just glad I had company, I... don't think I would've felt very safe alone.

Especially not with...

[Image: hmm_emdrha.png]

...While we were exploring, we finally saw him face-to-face. That scribbly shadow demon... thing. The aberration. He... knew who I was, but I've definitely never met anything like that before. He wasn't... attacking us or anything, but he didn't seem happy to have us down there. I guess that tracks with the video. I had some questions I wanted to ask him but... that diving suit anomaly came running out of the outpost. It didn't attack us though, it just ran straight for the other guy.

We... kind of took this opportunity to get out. We went back into the Outpost and walked through that laser hall thing. Konata... she was knocked out on the floor. I felt pretty bad for her, but I didn't really want to hang around in case that diver doubled back and came for us. I left Mr. Columbo down here and took the elevator back upstairs. There was... someone knocked out on the floor in the receiving bay too. I... managed to stay safe though. Nobody came to knock me out, and I'll count that as a win.

[Image: point_ntv6rl.png]

Let's see... After that I wanted to go back to the Observatory already. That was... enough adventure for one day. I ran into that... Fairy Godmother on the way though, in the lower lobby. I... don't really know why, but... I just kind of started venting to her for a while. She was a comfortable presence, I guess - and her being the Wraith... It meant I could say whatever I wanted, because after tonight...

I went back to the Observatory after that, back through the Archives. The rest of the night, it was pretty uneventful. Konata stopped by though, which made me happy. I'm glad she was able to get back on her feet after whatever happened in the depths.

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

Sorry if this isn't worth much, I was downstairs a lot of the time, but... maybe you can get something out of this. I don't know.
Indiana Jones (Old)
If I put a raft next to the slippery bridge, then hop in, does that give me enough momentum to slide all of the way out to where the body was in the lake?
Columbo
Kitchen got a freezer? Or a freezer attached to the fridge, anyway. I want to check it out real quick.
Second point, if I held like, an ice cube close to my body while I was outside in the cold, it'd still melt, right?
Giffany
Investigate the outside area of the, lake island. Is there anything, abandoned on the ground? Especially around the sides of the elevator and lighthouse!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Izumi Konata
Investigate the shrubbery and woods around the bridge and aux building if someone hid something there
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 12:50 AM)Riki Wrote: If Riki start at Survey bridge, can Riki ride raft down river?

Riki want to grab Walmart Hom Hom for this. First, Riki ride and steer raft with both Heropon and Hom Hom in it. Then, Riki start at Survey bridge again, and try to push Hom Hom down river alone with no Riki guidance.

Where Hom Hom end up for both? One same as where friends find earlier?
You start at the bridge near the Survey Dorms and place Walmart John's raft in front of it. You hop inside and attempt to steer it, but... there's not much thrust here unless you row him across the ice. The raft is extremely slick, and slides very easily, however while sitting in the raft itself it's a pretty bad process.

You try the same thing, but you give the raft a mighty boot. It slides down the river a very long ways, however the buildup of snow in front of it eventually stops it around the other bridge. You think you probably could get more boost if there was less snow on the ground.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:30 AM)Giffany Wrote: What is the condition of the, blood in the raft? Is there a substantial amount of pooling? How cold is it? These are, very normal questions to ask!
The inside of the raft is very bloody - though most of the blood is frozen and crystalized. It does look like there's a significant amount of pooling.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:32 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: does john's blood taste like beef stroganoff?
You lick up some of Walmart John's blood. Mmm, tastes like... bleh. You spit it out on the ground. It tastes like blood you sicko.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:50 AM)Morgan Wrote:
(May 6, 2024 at 1:48 AM)Alan Wake Wrote:
(May 6, 2024 at 1:46 AM)Morgan Wrote: Sure, Dex. Good start.

Can I get someone to fall off the bridge for me? I'd like to see if I can hear it from where I was standing when I heard that Thud sound.

Don't look at me.

No, you're getting involved now, you spoke first.

I volunteer to go fall off the bridge and see if Alan Wake can hear me from where I heard the Thud.
You sit on the bridge's railing, and let yourself fall onto the ground. Alan Wake listens from across the yard, and reports hearing a slight thud - though far more audible is the loud, cartoonish "oof" sound you make after landing on your ass.

(May 6, 2024 at 1:59 AM)Riki Wrote: Extra raft that rest-in-peace Niles mention Night 5... still on shore?

Don't know if rafts elsewhere around lake, either. Docks?
You check around the shore and docks... All previous rafts are accounted for - looks like this is a new one.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:20 AM)Columbo Wrote: Does the lantern match the blunt force wound?
Oh, and somebody help me kick through the snow around the bridges real quick. Actually, just follow the whole river. Lookin' for anything out of place, like a knife or something.
[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

Heh heh, I'll give it a try, detective.

You and Astrid trudge through the snow along the river, kicking it up in various flurries. You proceed along the entire stretch of the river, but you don't kick up or uncover anything of note.
Riki
If Riki push raft with Hom Hom from behind whole way to lake, does snow still need clear? Or does Riki not push good, like big slip slip happen if Heropon stay behind raft instead of kick and leave?
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 2:38 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: If I put a raft next to the slippery bridge, then hop in, does that give me enough momentum to slide all of the way out to where the body was in the lake?
You put a raft next to the so-called "slippery bridge" according to Morgan. Hopping in propels you a decent amount, but not even to the other bridge, let alone the lake. You definitely would need some more thrust or push to reach the lake.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM)Columbo Wrote: Kitchen got a freezer? Or a freezer attached to the fridge, anyway. I want to check it out real quick.
Second point, if I held like, an ice cube close to my body while I was outside in the cold, it'd still melt, right?
You approach the fridge in the Kitchen and open the freezer. Inside are... ice cubes, frozen desserts... nothing particularly interesting. Still, you take a cube and hold it close to your body as you walk outside. The cube begins to melt regardless, your body temperature beating out the ambient cold.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM)Giffany Wrote: Investigate the outside area of the, lake island. Is there anything, abandoned on the ground? Especially around the sides of the elevator and lighthouse!
You investigate the island, walking across Mirror Lake. There's nothing out of the ordinary in the Lighthouse, but you see deep bootprints in the snow right outside the lighthouse, as though they were made by something heavy. As you walk further away from the tower's cover, the prints become buried in snow and indiscernible. There's nothing out of the ordinary in the area beyond that though.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:40 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Investigate the shrubbery and woods around the bridge and aux building if someone hid something there
You investigate the shrubs and the woods behind the Auxiliary Building. Nothing stands out to you at all, none of these places appear touched.

(May 6, 2024 at 2:54 AM)Riki Wrote: If Riki push raft with Hom Hom from behind whole way to lake, does snow still need clear? Or does Riki not push good, like big slip slip happen if Heropon stay behind raft instead of kick and leave?
You place the raft and push it along the river the entire way. This... works fine. Snow be damned, you manage to reach Mirror Lake just fine, raft and all.
Columbo
If the lantern's lit and held close to you, is it warm enough to stave off the cold?
Columbo
Anybody touch the coats in the lighthouse?
Columbo
One more thing, how's the Esotera Lab looking?
Indiana Jones (Old)
What is the direction of the boot prints near the lighthouse? Going in or coming out?
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 2:14 AM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Spooks! You are, such a cute kitty! Can you show the CCTV footage from the, Observation Room last night?
[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Of course, [AGENT DESIGNATION - GIFFANY]! One moment, please...

Spooks' monitor shifts, showing a CCTV recording of the Observation Room...

The feed shows a still, empty room... until Konata arrives from the Service Elevator. She walks into the western hallway. The Retcon Fairy Godmother appears a short while after via the same means, going the same way. Lita also takes the Service Elevator down, however she walks into the Laser Hallway instead, vanishing out of sight.

Riki, much like the others, comes down the Service Elevator and heads for the same hallway Konata went down. Shortly after, Konata returns. She approaches the Service Elevator, when someone in a HORSE MASK walks out, holding a lit stick of dynamite. They pass Konata the dynamite and step back into the elevator, traveling back up. Konata panics and hurls the dynamite across the room... right towards the camera.

The dynamite explodes, sending her flying backwards and causing the CCTV feed to erupt in a torrent of static and error messages.
Indiana Jones (Old)
Could you ride a raft under the bridge while sitting up or would you hit your head?

If you would hit your head, compare the bump it would leave to the one on Walmart John.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:11 AM)Columbo Wrote: If the lantern's lit and held close to you, is it warm enough to stave off the cold?
You light the oil lantern from 1650's room and hold it close to you. It's... warm for sure, but it definitely wouldn't protect you from the blizzard. At best, it keeps your core warm - your extremities are still exposed and freezing cold.

(May 6, 2024 at 3:13 AM)Columbo Wrote: Anybody touch the coats in the lighthouse?
You inspect the nautical coats in the Lighthouse. It doesn't really look like they've been touched at all.

(May 6, 2024 at 3:18 AM)Columbo Wrote: One more thing, how's the Esotera Lab looking?
Inspecting the Esotera Lab... it doesn't look like much has been touched since your last inspection of the area, however there's some more black liquid on the floor, trailing from a vent laid into the wall.

(May 6, 2024 at 3:19 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: What is the direction of the boot prints near the lighthouse? Going in or coming out?
The boot prints outside the Lighthouse appear to be coming out.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:20 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Could you ride a raft under the bridge while sitting up or would you hit your head?

If you would hit your head, compare the bump it would leave to the one on Walmart John.
You inspect the bridges, comparing them to the raft. You think if you were sitting up, you would probably bonk your head, however if you were lying down, you would easily fit underneath a bridge. You don't think it would match the bump left on Walmart John's head though - unless he was seated backwards, hit would hit him in the front of the head instead, while his wound is on the back.
Columbo
Could you hide under the bridges on the ice, especially with a raft and a body?
And to continue the logic, check under the bridges explicitly for signs anybody's been there.