Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:42 PM)Columbo Wrote: If I lay out the knives and stare at them for a while, can I find a particular one that's off in some manner?
Any little bit would help.
You lay the knives out on the table and look at them... They all appear to be clean and unused as far as you can tell. No signs of blood or a damaged blade or anything like that.
Columbo
(May 6, 2024 at 3:43 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You lay the knives out on the table and look at them... They all appear to be clean and unused as far as you can tell. No signs of blood or a damaged blade or anything like that.
And for the sake of argument, I'll bloody a knife in whatever safe ethical manner, wipe it on some fabric matching Walmart's pants, and check how clean it comes back.
DxHustler3000
With Nashu, and making sure we're dry first, trace a path from the Whisper Valley Archives to the Survey Dorm. Check how wet we get.

Dry off, then journey from the Survey Dorm to the Boathouse, then back to the Archives. Compare how much more wet we get.

Nashu can then check this against her memory of spotting me at the start of our night.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Columbo
Anything out of place in the Locker Room, while we're talking about it?
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:53 PM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: With Nashu, and making sure we're dry first, trace a path from the Whisper Valley Archives to the Survey Dorm. Check how wet we get.

Dry off, then journey from the Survey Dorm to the Boathouse, then back to the Archives. Compare how much more wet we get.

Nashu can then check this against her memory of spotting me at the start of our night.
You make sure both you and Nashu are dry, which... you are. Duh. You then walk from the Whisper Valley Archives to the Survey Dorms. The snow falls around you, but you don't get particularly wet from this short excursion. It's a very quick walk, especially if you hustle (heh), and the large Historical Society's cover blocks the harsher wind and blowing snow in close proximity.

You then dry off and walk from the Survey Dorm all the way over to the Boathouse and back to the Archives. The wind and snow become far more fierce the further you get from the building. By the time you get back to the Archives, you are both soaking wet and covered in snow.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:55 PM)Columbo Wrote: Anything out of place in the Locker Room, while we're talking about it?
You check out the Locker Room. Several of the lockers have been smashed open violently, their contents raided. You don't see anything else out of the ordinary in here though.
Columbo
Probably a silly question, do the paper towels in the Bathroom actually appear to be from the bathroom?
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 4:02 PM)Columbo Wrote: Probably a silly question, do the paper towels in the Bathroom actually appear to be from the bathroom?
They seem to exactly match the paper towels in the nearby dispenser.
Columbo
Poke my head around the Archives, Classified Files, 3143, 4211, the Library, and the Meeting Room for anything out of place.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 4:09 PM)Columbo Wrote: Poke my head around the Archives, Classified Files, 3143, 4211, the Library, and the Meeting Room for anything out of place.
You check around the Whisper Valley Archives, Classified Files, Library, Meeting Room, and the Anomaly Containment Rooms in the area. It... doesn't look like there's anything out of place in any of these areas at all actually.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 3:47 PM)Columbo Wrote:
(May 6, 2024 at 3:43 PM)Spooks? Wrote: You lay the knives out on the table and look at them... They all appear to be clean and unused as far as you can tell. No signs of blood or a damaged blade or anything like that.
And for the sake of argument, I'll bloody a knife in whatever safe ethical manner, wipe it on some fabric matching Walmart's pants, and check how clean it comes back.
You bloody a rigging knife using Walmart John's raft blood, then wipe it on his pants. After the pants wiping, there are still some small traces of blood on the knife, mostly around the handle. Simple wiping won't be good enough, you think.
Columbo
Do a thorough check of Receiving Bay and its boxes for knives. Dig deep into the Totino's one, and apologize to Spooks again when I inevitably dump it.
Also, the Service Elevator, and potentially the hidden room in the shaft if we can access it still.
Columbo
Oh, and Hustler must've forgotten, but I've got a smarter route to take. I go from the Survey Dorms, through the Auxiliary building to the Boat House, retrace my steps, do a little bit of setup, enter the Archives, and then mosey down to the Facility Lobby through the Main Elevator. How wet am I, Nashu?
Columbo
Anything out of place in the Arboretum, the Botany Lab, Climate Controls, and the room behind where 4119 used to be?
Lita
Show off all the weapons I have on me.
Riki
Riki big sniff sniff lantern wax trail! Riki find where wax come from in big facility, not just smell bridge?

Riki also check bang bang in Survey bridge closer!
Columbo
Look over the outskirts of the Woods for any random knives or out of place stuff. About where Barry was found, at least.
I'll poke my head into the Woods too if I don't get too lost.
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 4:28 PM)Columbo Wrote: Do a thorough check of Receiving Bay and its boxes for knives. Dig deep into the Totino's one, and apologize to Spooks again when I inevitably dump it.
Also, the Service Elevator, and potentially the hidden room in the shaft if we can access it still.
You walk around the Receiving Bay, checking the boxes for any kind of hidden weapons or anything like that. There's only box cutters in here, no hidden knives or anything like that.

You dig deep into the pizza roll crate, then after getting covered in sauce and crushed pastries, just decide to dump the thing out. You apologize to Spooks, but the poor guy's borderline catatonic at this point.

There's... Nothing else in here. You turn to the Service Elevator and send the elevator down, then climb down the empty shaft to that maintenance room. It looks like this place is virtually untouched since it was last seen forever ago.

(May 6, 2024 at 4:38 PM)Columbo Wrote: Oh, and Hustler must've forgotten, but I've got a smarter route to take. I go from the Survey Dorms, through the Auxiliary building to the Boat House, retrace my steps, do a little bit of setup, enter the Archives, and then mosey down to the Facility Lobby through the Main Elevator. How wet am I, Nashu?
You start at the Survey Dorms, walking across the bridge to the Auxiliary Building and passing through each room to the Waiting Room, emerging and walking to the Boathouse. This still means you're walking through a lot more snow than the direct route, though you do dry off a bit as you walk through the building - even if you think you would have been seen on camera if you took this route.

You retrace your steps and walk into the Whisper Valley Archives, loitering a bit and heading down the Main Elevator to meet Nashu. You await her inevitable memory check...
Spooks?
(May 6, 2024 at 4:53 PM)Columbo Wrote: Anything out of place in the Arboretum, the Botany Lab, Climate Controls, and the room behind where 4119 used to be?
You wander around the Arboretum, Botany Lab, the Climate Controls, and the room behind 4119 where a large power switch sits.

Nothing out of ordinary is in these areas at all, though you see that some flowers have been picked from the Arboretum.

(May 6, 2024 at 4:56 PM)Lita Wrote: Show off all the weapons I have on me.
You present a knife and a taser. The knife appears to be a standard kitchen knife, and the taser is... a taser. Wow.

(May 6, 2024 at 4:57 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki big sniff sniff lantern wax trail! Riki find where wax come from in big facility, not just smell bridge?

Riki also check bang bang in Survey bridge closer!
You put on your PIG MASK and sniff the lantern wax. It's... Pretty contaminated by the oil, so it is very hard to tell much about it by smell. You attempt to follow a trail, and that trail leads you to... the bridge. Great. The bridge smells like the lantern wax, though you aren't sure if it's the wax or the oil scent that's taking you there.

While you're there, you look at the dent. It looks like something hit the bridge with some level of force. It isn't a huge dent by any means, and you don't think it was dented by anything crazy heavy.
Columbo
Is the dent in the bridge vaguely Walmart John head shaped?