Spooks?
(Jun 2, 2024 at 2:44 AM)Riki Wrote: Big sniff sniff pallet jack and Morgan. Gave consent.
You sniff the pallet jack... it smells a bit like smoke, but it is a very weak smell, only around the burn marks. Sniffing Morgan though... you don't really smell anything.
Indiana Jones (Old)
Requesting to share my IRC Log - Azathoth Project before I forget.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: sw-eat.png]

...Is this a bad time to share [File: Preliminary World’s Fair Observations]?
Columbo
...I've got another Traveler's Journal in my pocket. Seems inappropriate at this point.
Izumi Konata
I dunno if it was missed in the chaos or just not relevant to the case but I wanna reiterate me checking the VHS receiver for whatever the ghosts did this time
Izumi Konata
Okay no new tapes, but can we see the backlog now
Ciel
have we checked on the dog? we should check on the dog (and feed it some soup)
Spooks?
(Jun 2, 2024 at 3:27 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Requesting to share my IRC Log - Azathoth Project before I forget.

(Jun 2, 2024 at 3:34 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: sw-eat.png]

...Is this a bad time to share [File: Preliminary World’s Fair Observations]?

(Jun 2, 2024 at 3:37 AM)Columbo Wrote: ...I've got another Traveler's Journal in my pocket. Seems inappropriate at this point.

Indiana Jones approaches the group, pulling a document from his pocket. He unfolds it and lays it on the table. It looks like... a printed-out chatlog.

Quote:
IRC Log - Azathoth Project
12:46 <C-240>: k seriously i need some answers
13:01 <B-335>: YOU HAVE NOT ASKED A QUESTION
13:02 <B-335>: I APOLOGIZE, MY "CAPS LOCK" IS NO LONGER FUNCTIONAL.
13:02 <B-335>: INCIDENT WITH BPI-1238.
13:02 <B-335>: KEYBOARD WET.
13:03 <B-335>: THANKFULLY THE POTENTIAL BREACH-RELATED SITUATION HAS BEEN RESOLVED.
13:04 <C-240>: ok didnt ask
13:04 <C-240>: look idk
13:05 <C-240>: director made me look over the testing data
13:05 <C-240>: just got a... couple concerns about the error log
13:05 <C-240>: like wtf does "unexpected psychomythological projection" mean
13:06 <C-240>: and "potential site inversion"
13:06 <B-335>: THOSE ISSUES ARE BOTH PRESENT IN THE PROTOTYPE DUE TO DIRECT RELIANCE ON THE [DATA EXPUNGED] AS A SOURCE OF POWER AND ESOTERIC PROCESSING
13:08 <B-335>: THEY SHOULD BE RESOLVED IN THE FINAL VERSION ONCE COMPLETE CODEBASE CONVERSION IS ACHIEVED AND AN ALTERNATE ESOTERA SOURCE IS UTILIZED
13:09 <C-240>: k great again thats not what i asked
13:09 <C-240>: what does it mean!!!!
13:11 <B-335>: THEY ARE JUST TWO TYPES OF UNINTENDED ESOTERA REACTION, FURTHER ELABORATION IS CLASSIFIED
13:11 <C-240>: we literally have the same clearance we both work on the same project
13:11 <B-335>: YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THAT UP WITH THE DIRECTOR
13:12 <C-240>: who do you think asked me to... w/e
13:12 <B-335>: FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REQUEST FILE DESIGNATION 47-C
13:16 <C-240>: for further information blow me
13:16 <C-240>: u could be less of a stickler for once and help but idk idk idk
13:16 <C-240>: look just
13:16 <C-240>: sinclair told me to tell you to at least order an evac first ok
13:17 <C-240>: before you fire it up again
13:20 <B-335>: AFFIRMATIVE, INFORM THE DIRECTOR THAT I INTEND TO DO SO
13:21 <C-240>: omg please just go steal a keyboard from orpheus' lab or something
13:21 <C-240>: using tts because reasons and sick of u screaming at me
13:21 <C-240>: thx

Next, Nashu presents yet another document, though this one's at least in a file folder instead of being covered in grave dirt and pocket lint like Indy's .

Quote:
[File: Preliminary World’s Fair Observations]

DATE: 2028/06/08
SUBJECT: OBSERVATION OF WORLD'S FAIR PREPARATIONS

REPORT: Operation [REDACTED] is currently underway, significantly diverting Crimson Eye attention from BPI activity within the region. Simultaneously, the nation of Qstia is under increased scrutiny from the international community in the lead up to the World's Fair set to occur in 2030, leading to a significantly decreased reports in global Crimson Eye activity as a whole.

It is still unknown as to why the Qstia placed such a substantial bid on the rights to host the World's Fair despite the secretive nature of the nation's operations outside of its capital, a major international trade hub due to the country's extremely lax rules on import and export. Recovered intelligence indicates that there may be a deeper plan brewing among members of Crimson Eye leadership, potentially regarding the events of the World's Fair itself - though this is unsubstantiated and ma be disinformation dispersed by the Crimson Eye themselves.

Despite potential for harm, it has been decided that information regarding the intention of the Crimson Eye is to remain strictly classified for the foreseeable future. Regardless of their actions, it is imperative to the [REDACTED] Directive that the World's Fair proceeds as planned.

Finally, Columbo presents a document of his own. An aged piece of paper, marked with similar writing. Another page of the Traveler's Journal.

Quote:
[Traveler's Journal (English Translation) - pg. 14]

To think, that such a thing could exist beneath the land. A great city, sunken deep below our very feet. I know now why the chasm within the forest's depths is so feared, I can feel it in my bones as I first descended upon that darkness underneath. The echoes of the Codex, a gnawing whisper that penetrates all.

Yet... as I reflect upon the steps I have taken to reach this place.... the less certain I am of what I had first assumed fact. The legends of my home tell of the Black Scribe, a man from which was born a power of utmost evil - and through his will, darkness itself was bound within the pages of a foul tome, ever seething with a fragment of his soul.

Long have I traveled this world since, and I've found that many cultures have a tale of similar construction. A forbidden fruit, plucked by temptation's hand. A jar stuffed tight with the world's evil, unsealed by its curious caretaker. A god, tortured for eternity for granting man the gift of flame. By one means or another, ruin has been brought to humanity time and time again, their hope stolen from them - each time by a similar force. Forbidden knowledge, the pull of the unknown. Fallen evils, tempting others to follow in their treacherous path.

Such a wealth of similar fables, spread across the world as dust in the wind. Has the tale of the Black Scribe spread so far in the eons since, his followers preaching his word near and far in their own travels? Could the entire tale that defines my culture be nothing but a cautionary tale, assumed as historical record as civilizations rise and fall? Or... is something more sinister at work, the Scribe merely a symptom of something greater, a curse festering in the depths of our world since time immemorial?

...I need to return to those depths. To venture deeper, to see it for myself. The Codex Nocturnum.
Ciel
(Jun 7, 2024 at 2:44 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
Quote:
[File: Preliminary World’s Fair Observations]

DATE: 2028/06/08
SUBJECT: OBSERVATION OF WORLD'S FAIR PREPARATIONS

REPORT: Operation [REDACTED] is currently underway, significantly diverting Crimson Eye attention from BPI activity within the region. Simultaneously, the nation of Qstia is under increased scrutiny from the international community in the lead up to the World's Fair set to occur in 2030, leading to a significantly decreased reports in global Crimson Eye activity as a whole.

thinking I'd like to unredact this morsel