Mario
[deleted]
Draku
there's a down button on the birthday year input that allows you go into the negatives

unfortunately you can't actually make it a negative year
Draku
testquote Wrote:test
If you quote and then

double line break, it shows up as a single line break and you have to go back and make it a triple line break to show as a double

it annoys me heavily
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Jun 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM)Draku Wrote:
If you quote and then

double line break, it shows up as a single line break

it annoys me heavily

Yeah, I too noticed some fuckery regarding linebreaks and bbcodes like [fab], [epic], and >meme arrows
kaZaam
the xp bar is broke af on the members list[Image: 6Lrze6V.png]
kaZaam
good sh*ts don't register sometimes ive noticed
rtsmarty
(Jun 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM)Kazaam Wrote: good sh*ts don't register sometimes ive noticed
I think we established that this is caused by using minus.moe rather than forums.minus.moe

maybe
kaZaam
spell menu just doesnt show up in green forum
Spritanium
Yeah the green theme is outdated, that'll be fixed when we make a real one
Spritanium
(Jun 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM)Draku Wrote:
If you quote and then

double line break, it shows up as a single line break and you have to go back and make it a triple line break to show as a double

it annoys me heavily

This is 100% intentional and I'll fight to the death for it

For 11 years I've dealt with insanely huge gaps below quotes just because I like to format my posts like this:

Code:
[quote]Quote text[/quote]

My response

As opposed to this:

Code:
[quote]Quote text[/quote]
My response

Since the former is much easier to read. So I just made it ignore the <br> tag immediately following a blockquote, meaning both of the above code samples will render identically
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
it makes it infuriating to format things if you want to have a quote response and then double line break after it though, due to the approach used
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
My problem is that a double line break makes quotes have waaay too much space below them, even though in the editor it looks like a minimal/appropriate amount of space. It's always annoyed the shit out of me, I guess I never considered a use case for actually wanting a double line break below a quote
kaZaam
forced formatting is feckin stupid. posts should look like how you typed them
Spritanium

> posts should look like how you typed then

This is literally my entire problem. A real double line break is huge compared to what it looks like in the editor
Spritanium
What is the use case for wanting an absurd amount of space below a blockquote. I still can't figure it out
Spritanium
In order to make it look the way it's supposed to you need to sacrifice legible formatting, which is p dumb
Spritanium
Blockquotes already have a bottom margin so in effect a single line break shows up as a double one, meaning a real double line break looks like a triple line break and it's so ugly Oh God No

The only other fix I'm willing to make is to remove the bottom margin altogether, making it so you need a double line break after a quote in order for there to be any space below it whatsoever
kaZaam
its just one line ffs how does it make it illegible
kaZaam
& the prob is it fucks up any break you make AFTER the quote, not between the quote and ur post

someth a lot of members like to do

dig
Spritanium
I must not understand what you mean, or vice versa

The absence of at least two line breaks is what makes the post illegible. Then you click submit and it looks perfectly fine, even though in the post editor it looks like there should be absolutely no space below the quote

Two line breaks in the post editor looks just fine, but it ends up looking like three because of the blockquote's bottom margin. 3+ line breaks in the post editor ends up creating extra space as expected, so I don't really understand the problem. Could you post some code samples of formatting you'd like to achieve that is made impossible/difficult by this change?