Spritanium
Just wanted to check in to see if rally is still decaying too fast? I see @T-man at like 2.9 so that's a good sign.

I also do think we need an entirely different formula for decaying below 1.00, either that or the current rally needs to factor into the decay rate more (@"OracularRELOADED" is right, it doesn't feel good to log in and see a number below 1. Maybe a logarithmic decay rate would be good to try. I think @rtsmarty and @"G-cat" suggested this)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
how the hell does he have lower rally than me?
Spritanium
@"OracularRELOADED" Can you weigh in on @Draku's suggestion from Slack?

Quote:concept: the higher in level you are your rally decays slower but it's much harder to raise
I guess the idea is to make it easier to hold on to Rally for higher levels, since you need more EXP to climb the ranks, but lower level players can still gain large amounts at once
Draku
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM)Spritanium Wrote: @"OracularRELOADED" Can you weigh in on @Draku's suggestion from Slack?

Quote:concept: the higher in level you are your rally decays slower but it's much harder to raise
I guess the idea is to make it easier to hold on to Rally for higher levels, since you need more EXP to climb the ranks, but lower level players can still gain large amounts at once
it's so that higher levelled players have to expend their larger resource pool to raise their rally, but they don't wind up plummeting into the abyss as soon as they've cast all their stuff either. considering the amount of EXP needed to level up while you're high levelled this provides them a longer period of time with a high multiplier to potentially level, but they have to work extra to get it that high.

this also solves the issue of people struggling to keep their rally above 1x, let alone gaining any rally at all, if they take even the shortest break from the forums while higher levelled
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
that was the point of the soft cap suggestion i had made in slack a while back. i think it should be harder to raise Rally AFTER it reaches a certain point. that point gets lower the higher your level is.

i don't think there's any particular need for Rally to decay at lower rates if you're a higher level. the RD pre-EXPloit (when the RD was multiplied by Rally) was a pretty decent build.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:29 PM)Draku Wrote: it's so that higher levelled players have to expend their larger resource pool to raise their rally, but they don't wind up plummeting into the abyss as soon as they've cast all their stuff either. considering the amount of EXP needed to level up while you're high levelled this provides them a longer period of time with a high multiplier to potentially level, but they have to work extra to get it that high.

this also solves the issue of people struggling to keep their rally above 1x, let alone gaining any rally at all, if they take even the shortest break from the forums while higher levelled

I'd believe any of this if i didnt have firsthand experience of spending a few hundred XP to gain 0.30~ rally and then losing all of it overnight
Draku
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM)Yrr Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:29 PM)Draku Wrote: it's so that higher levelled players have to expend their larger resource pool to raise their rally, but they don't wind up plummeting into the abyss as soon as they've cast all their stuff either. considering the amount of EXP needed to level up while you're high levelled this provides them a longer period of time with a high multiplier to potentially level, but they have to work extra to get it that high.

I'd believe any of this if i didnt have firsthand experience of spending a few hundred XP to gain 0.30~ rally and then losing all of it overnight
it's a suggestion for a solution to fix that exact problem, not how it is right now.
God
@"JoshJDubya" and All the other Old Money people who said that their pre-EXPloit RD felt really high when they had levelled up a lot: are you sure that that wasn't just because your Rally was high? it was meant to decrease fast the higher it was.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
nice, carry on then
God
i'm all for lowering the base RD so that it decays even slower as it approaches 1. maybe we could also change the
Code:
*$Rally
part to
Code:
*($Rally*1.2)
or something like that to compensate for the base RD deduction
Spritanium
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: that was the point of the soft cap suggestion i had made in slack a while back. i think it should be harder to raise Rally AFTER it reaches a certain point. that point gets lower the higher your level is.

i don't think there's any particular need for Rally to decay at lower rates if you're a higher level. the RD pre-EXPloit (when the RD was multiplied by Rally) was a pretty decent build.
The decay formula is currently `($level*($rally*2))/100`. I think you suggested `$rally*0.4` which I'd like more if it incorporated the level somehow. Where do you think we should go from here?
God
what's the reasoning behind considering Level with regards to RD?
Draku
(Nov 19, 2016 at 7:45 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: what's the reasoning behind considering Level with regards to RD?
the mechanic is meant to balance out old money players, why wouldn't it?
God
because we've already established that high RD feels bad unless you already have a high Rally, no matter what level you are. if we want to make it harder for Old Money players to maintain high Rally, we need to change the RG, not the RD.
Draku
if the way it worked was the decay was 100% rally based, and instead the rally gain formula was weighted so that lower levels gain it much easier, and higher levels have to spend a lot more to increase it, that could work.

in such a scenario it would probably be best to make it so that high levels no longer could have negative rally, if the decay was still about as fast as it is now
Fun With Despair
please make it so high levels can't go below 1

I am fucking dying
God
Rally Decay: if `$rally>1`, set RD as `$rally*0.04` otherwise, set RD as `$rally*0.02`
Rally Gain: if `$level>4` AND `$rally>5-($level-4)*0.26)`, set RG as `$cost / (400 + ($level * 60))` otherwise, set RG as `$cost / (1000 + ($level * 120))`

put simply, RD becomes half as slow when it reaches 0.99, and gets even slower as the Rally drops further. the only way you're going to hit very low Rallies is if you really never cast Spells, which is what the Rally mechanic is supposed to punish. the RG is a bit more complicated; it's mostly the same as the current stats (i think), except if you exceed a certain point (the softcap), it's going to become much more difficult to gain significant Rally after that. the softcap starts at Level 5, where the soft cap is set at 4.74. it decreases a further 0.26 for every level after that. At Level 19, the Rally should softcap at 1.1.
Draku
sounds pretty good, i like it
God
(Nov 19, 2016 at 8:53 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: Rally Decay: if `$rally>1`, set RD as `$rally*0.04` otherwise, set RD as `$rally*0.02`
Rally Gain: if `$level>4` AND `$rally>5-($level-4)*0.26)`, set RG as `$cost / (400 + ($level * 60))` otherwise, set RG as `$cost / (1000 + ($level * 120))`

put simply, RD becomes half as slow when it reaches 0.99, and gets even slower as the Rally drops further. the only way you're going to hit very low Rallies is if you really never cast Spells, which is what the Rally mechanic is supposed to punish. the RG is a bit more complicated; it's mostly the same as the current stats (i think), except if you exceed a certain point (the softcap), it's going to become much more difficult to gain significant Rally after that. the softcap starts at Level 5, where the soft cap is set at 4.74. it decreases a further 0.26 for every level after that. At Level 19, the Rally should softcap at 1.1.

i think there's a mistake in the RG formula in that the last two bits of code should be swapped around
Spritanium
Can you update the post so I can be sure I have all the correct formulas?

Thread Tags

metagame