Mario
[deleted]
rtsmarty
what terminology would be better?

i don't know i don't play fgs
kaZaam
mayb it could work like the weird mana (or w/e) bars below the health bars do. like the shit you use for combos. just anything to moreso convey that xp's a thing to spend rather than to just gain
kaZaam
mayb it could really work like fighting games and allow you to use more powerful spells at certain high xp thresholds? idk could be neat and make holding onto xp actually kind of have a point
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(Nov 23, 2016 at 10:25 PM)Kazaam Wrote: mayb it could really work like fighting games and allow you to use more powerful spells at certain high xp thresholds? idk could be neat and make holding onto xp actually kind of have a point
we are going to have this, but the spells feature is in its infancy still

as ive said many times, complaints about higher levels having no merit are because we are do not have the features intended to make those levels worth it done yet
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Nov 23, 2016 at 10:37 PM)wtl64 Wrote: i mean, it already does work that way, since spells cost exp. if levels were a fixed value (i think 100 would be the easiest, but it'd put despair at like level 111 or somtehing lmao) itd be way more clear how many bars a spell costs

no i mean like there could be certain thresholds where you could use spells but would knock you down a rung if you used one rather than just spending whatever xp it costs. idk needs work but i think it would make gaining/keeping xp a more intense process and make spells a lot more special
(Nov 23, 2016 at 10:40 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 23, 2016 at 10:25 PM)Kazaam Wrote: mayb it could really work like fighting games and allow you to use more powerful spells at certain high xp thresholds? idk could be neat and make holding onto xp actually kind of have a point
we are going to have this, but the spells feature is in its infancy still

as ive said many times, complaints about higher levels having no merit are because we are do not have the features intended to make those levels worth it done yet

yeah ik. im saying either way we kinda need to fundamentally change how xp looks to something more fitting to how it actually works. not just Add More Stuff
Agastya
you keep saying "higher levels aren't worth it yet because we don't have anything planned for higher levels in" but this just makes me wonder why we can even have those levels to begin with

honestly for the current moment rally and levels past ten were just fucking terrible ideas

rally affecting spell knockback was poorly implemented since two users could just bounce back and forth and get thousands of exp instantly and then become capable of turning entire pages worth of posts into braille and somehow that stayed in for like a month before i finally decided to go and do it

instead of doing the sensible thing and just disabling rally affecting knockback you just gut the ability to actually reach high levels outside of lottery/donation events by causing rally to decay faster than the quality of g-cat's posts when they get upset

if being a high level is pointless right now then don't actually let us reach high levels, this forum is basically just a circlejerk regardless so anything past 5 is a formality
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
Agastya
tbh if youre hoarding exp near cap and enter a lottery you deserve to be screwed out of it if you win it for being greedy, its just fucked up to the other users that entered

then again what do i know, i enabled a chaos wizard
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(Nov 23, 2016 at 11:28 PM)Agastya Wrote: you keep saying "higher levels aren't worth it yet because we don't have anything planned for higher levels in" but this just makes me wonder why we can even have those levels to begin with
because no one was meant to level up that early outside of silly stuff like the lottery which obv isnt really earned so no one would feel like they were owed anything other than massive amounts of xp. course now despair is complaining about it despite not having really earned it either so shrug

(Nov 23, 2016 at 11:28 PM)Agastya Wrote: rally affecting spell knockback was poorly implemented since two users could just bounce back and forth and get thousands of exp instantly and then become capable of turning entire pages worth of posts into braille and somehow that stayed in for like a month before i finally decided to go and do it
it was known that it was possible but it was really fun for people who weren't exploiting it and seen as a positive overall. then it got exploited so it got removed and we're probably doing an xp reset for season 2 anyways so...
Spritanium
@Agastya we did do the sensible thing and disable rally on knockback

The rally decay was fast for like two days, and I honestly didn't even know about the exploit when I suggested it, I just thought it was decaying too fast. People disagreed so we adjusted it more with the help of @"OracularRELOADED", who should honestly be approached regarding most metagame adjustments due to her deep understanding of a variety of playstyles.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
regardless i just think that season 2 definitely needs an exp reset and if none of the perks of being high level are in then levels shouldn't go above 10 for max

it'll just make people a bit happier in general, i feel
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Yeah exp reset each season makes the game more fair
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
would love to comment on this discussion but i'm going to be hella busy over the next two weeks. RD definitely still needs a bit of work, especially <R1.00 and i have some big plans for a more dynamic approach towards Rally in general, but what we have now isn't entirely broken. for now, take a look at my metagame analysis topic focusing on Rally if you haven't already, for more information on how to make Rally work for you.
God
PS: SORRY that i don't have anything more to say at this point. some people have made some great contributions to this thread and i feel bad for not really responding to them directly.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Beako
Can we implement a feature for people to temporarily ban themselves? (Post optimized. This post was a little different before I edited it.)
Draku
(Nov 24, 2016 at 9:55 PM)Puddin Wrote: can we import a metagame feature for people who don't noramlly drink alcohol to temporaroly ban themselfs before they pull a mel gibson

asking for a friend
people have brought up temporary self-bans multiple times in the past but it's usually been discarded

is this a thing people actually want?

Thread Tags

metagame