Yrrzy
o thats one

COD has been trying to differentiate itself in the last few years but everyone just mashes the dislike button without even looking

new CODs have had some legitimately interesting ideas (at least compared to the era between cod 4 and advanced warfare
Spritanium
Pixel based sprites are a relic and no longer belong in new games, unless it's meant to convey a specific mood. In all other situations vector based art (see wario land for the Wii) is undeniably superior.

*And this is coming from a guy with Sprite in his name
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
spritey dropping the mario truth bombs and bleeding my exp dry
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
contrarily, and yet still i feel an unpopular opinion, i think vector art looks like shit and i will absolutely choose not to buy a game that took the specific decision to use vectors instead of pixel art

(ofc same deal with shitty pixel art tho like if youre gonna do it you gotta do it properly, i dont wanna see that shit rotating or offgrid)
kaZaam
mario 64s p fuckin magical buuut naaaaah its not as good as like any of the nes/snes ones

and yeah it's identity as a mario game is a litl weird. like they were just experimenting w 3d shit and just through mario stuff in there for marketing. still i can appreciate them for changing it up and think they should definitely do it more often or like ever even anymore
kaZaam
ffs luigis scary house is like my favorite game and it's NOTHING like what a Mario Game should be but thats why i respect it so much
Aidan
the smash bros games are flawed at their core, and will never be fixed for fear of alienating the long-standing fan base. the best one was smash 64 because it at least had a clear vision
Yoshin
Generation 5 added a bunch of cool and fun Pokemon and was a great gen overall
Spritanium
I love the garbage bag Pokemon along with all of the other ones based around inanimate objects. It's just the natural progression considering there are now over seven hundred of them, I mean there's only a certain number of animals to base designs on
Draku
(Nov 26, 2016 at 6:26 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I love the garbage bag Pokemon along with all of the other ones based around inanimate objects. It's just the natural progression considering there are now over seven hundred of them, I mean there's only a certain number of animals to base designs on
Magnemite and more were in fucking gen 1

I have no idea why people are so mad about Pokemon designs drawing inspiration from objects
Spritanium
Gen1 pokemon are almost exclusively boring and uninspired. And while I think that's fine in the context of the first generation, people give way too much shit to the later generations just for being creative
Draku
People are still mad about Klefki when it's based on human mythology about faeries that steal people's important items

Like why
Spritanium
Game freak shouldn't stop making new Pokemon. A new generation is growing up with the same thing we had only ten times bigger, and that's a wonderful thing.
Spritanium
@Draku u droppin some truth bombs yourself
Draku
I can't imagine getting into Pokemon now at the age of like 6 and seeing that there's fucking 800 of the things and they're all pretty damn neat in one way or another

That's gotta be sweet
Draku
Gen 1 Pokemon
[Image: MxZ0F6l.png]

Gen 7 Pokemon
[Image: tH7LuJG.png]

Gen 1 Pokemon evolves, summoning 2 more of itself
[Image: uoyv5KS.png]

Gen 7 Pokemon's ability activates, summoning a swarm of itself
[Image: HW7lUjo.png]
Spritanium
No fuck you new is bad
Yoshin
Gen 1 actually had the worst designs overall
They were all just so plain and boring
Spritanium
Look at ditto

Can you imagine if they tried to pull that shit now
Draku
(Nov 26, 2016 at 8:26 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Look at ditto

Can you imagine if they tried to pull that shit now
dude its just a pink puddle wtf?????????????