Yoshin

> i think even as a second level, a water lebel isnt a gr8 idea. maybe repurpose a later on-land level for earlier and repurpose the water level for later? idk

Yeah idk either, I'll keep it as-is for now until I think of something better

>on the first wip level i noticed yoshi turns kinda transparent once you get on him. idk if theres anything you can do abt that or if its intentional but its a thing

Thats a little quirk of smw, can't have dark bgs and solid sprites

>those first couple of jumps i noticed are easier to do w/o yoshi than with him

Yoshi isn't supposed to be carried between levels, so I got fix this.

>lso idk how difficult youre wanting this hack to be but this seems mayb just a little tough for the 4th level. should atl be somewhat more linear imo

Castle levels are typically more difficult then others, but I agree some bits are a lil much.

>both wip snow levels are fuckn gr8. no problems there cept that yellow koopa combined with the slidey floor on the second level is mayb a little clutch?? idk like i said im not sure how hard this is supposed to be

I'm gonna make the koopa take a lil longer to get his shell yeah.

>lr mentioned this in irc but i fuckin love the custom texture work in the chocolate lebel. the design's so wip tho i cant rly say anything else abt it

Like I say tiles are done by Gamma V, not I.

If anyone wants the demo I can hook them up on irc
Yoshin
Chocolate enemies
[Image: M5abm3O.png] [Image: LbNFyah.png] [Image: 8DD4dGu.png]
Yoshin
[Image: uPMjt2Q.png]
Havent posted an update on here in a while
Yoshin
https://a.pomf.cat/pusyhg.ips hack demo time
First public ips demo, if you don't know how to use an ips file you should read this page
I recommend you use snes9x or bsnes, DO NOT USE ZSNES! music and certain asm code don't work right, also it's a garbage emulator

Feedback needed please
Yoshin
Yo heres another demo
I get more feedback from irc then from here but w/e
Beako
IDK if the version I played is the version in the OP but looking pretty good so far! I like the level design and your ASM choices are good. Love the Chain Chomps. I Wanna F*ck That Also I like the Touhou music or w/e you used for the Wendy 'O Koopa boss and the Bullet Bills are a nice addition to a normally extremely easy boss fight. I'll take a look at it more tomorrow but I also like a lot of the little touches you do with the scenery and I really like the Kongstruction level or w/e. The snow and chocolate areas are coming out nicely too. Keep it up! Hooray I'd love to see this finished.

Oh I had some slight graphical glitches with some objects randomly turning invisible (ZSNES 1.51) I'm guessing you're aware though.
Yoshin
(Jan 1, 2017 at 8:09 AM)Videl Wrote: (ZSNES 1.51)

(Dec 18, 2016 at 11:10 PM)Yoshin Wrote: DO NOT USE ZSNES!
Beako
You can take ZSNES from my cold, dead hands.

I guess I can make an exception for games that don't work in ZSNES and make three filetype associations: one for BSNES, one for ZSNES, and one for SNES9X. Both SFC and SMC currently run in ZSNES by default on my machine but I have four filetype associations for N64 games since N64 emulation is wonky.

My bad for not reading the OP though.
Yoshin
More updates

Other game level endings
[Image: tfzZbRG.png] [Image: NE5DP1b.png]

A new level:
[Image: 0XhGDe3.png][Image: FrNl3qx.png][Image: Y5S2jOa.png][Image: onQX9bq.png][Image: 2DFVFD0.png]
Yoshin
[Image: kwP2bej.png] [Image: lQrdiaX.png] [Image: LKQLXcZ.png]
More ice
Agastya
1) why are there thwomps outdoors, i assumed they were just a bowsers castle sentry thing and they clash with their environment pretty hard

2) the frozen minibridge is concerning to me, i can't immediately tell if it's spiked from below or not and it lends to leaving me feeling threatened from wanting to try and jump into it from below. this is compounded by the ice blocks with spike-like icicles underneath them, which i am assuming are actual spikes

just my NITPICKY QUESTIONS
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
StrikeForcer
Not a fan of Gamma V's graphical style in general unless if its your intention to still keep the graphics being similar to SMW (which in itself isnt internally consistent).
Syaxamaphone
Thwomp just wants to get some Sun.

Please let him outside.

Please...
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Yoshin
(Jan 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM)Agastya 🍅 Wrote: 1) why are there thwomps outdoors, i assumed they were just a bowsers castle sentry thing and they clash with their environment pretty hard

2) the frozen minibridge is concerning to me, i can't immediately tell if it's spiked from below or not and it lends to leaving me feeling threatened from wanting to try and jump into it from below. this is compounded by the ice blocks with spike-like icicles underneath them, which i am assuming are actual spikes

just my NITPICKY QUESTIONS

1: There are thwomps outdoors in the 3d games, so I thought I can get away with it
2: you interact with the ice bridge earlier in the hack, so its not much of an issue. The icles below the ice blocks are spikes.

Quote:Not a fan of Gamma V's graphical style in general unless if its your intention to still keep the graphics being similar to SMW (which in itself isnt internally consistent).

Yeah I'm trying to make things similar to SMW, which has consistency, its just that there's 3 different styles in smw.
Yoshin
[Image: qWk3fdu.png]
more of the ice level

EDIT: here's a map http://i.imgur.com/oLYpBfE.png
3D Player 2010
This is fun!
Yoshin
Thank you!

In other news, I tested the hack so far on console and it runs fine no slowdowns or visual glitches so any that happen are emulation problems
Yoshin
Taking a break from snow and going to the desert
[Image: iHCNmEF.png]
Yoshin
Download Demo Here! | How to use .bps patches

posted this on mfgg so might as well post it here
Yoshin
hey gang sad to say this and any other hacks I was working on are canceled. xorruptions happened