rtsmarty
i thought gen 3 was the one that nobody liked
T-man
Everybody should like Gen 3
Yrrzy
i couldnt finish gen 3 i got so bored
Yea, fuck gen 3. Emerald was alright though. Haven't played or/as
Yoshin
OK whether or not you like the main games can we all agree gen 4 had the best meta?
Draku
(Feb 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also I don't think anyone wanted to make ~500 low-poly rigged models for all the pokemon at the time

By the time the 3DS came around they could use models with a not-shitty polygon count, so they went ahead and completed the monumental task of creating all those models knowing they'd be available to use indefinitely across all platforms
This is actually the reason why the 3DS Pokemon games run so badly in-battle, the models are really high poly because they were lazy and wanted shit to use on every platform in the future.

(Feb 19, 2017 at 9:02 PM)T-man Wrote: Everybody should like Gen 3
gen 3 is fucking boring and a step back from gen 2, but the mons are all really good.

(Feb 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM)Yoshin Wrote: OK whether or not you like the main games can we all agree gen 4 had the best meta?
that goes without saying.

tbh gen 4 has a lot going for it. HGSS and platinum are some of the best pokemon games out there as far as singleplayer goes. it's a shame D/P were so bad that platinum never got the recognition it deserves.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Zae Eildus
I didnt mind gen 3 or 4, although both have their own problems, but it i didnt think they were too bad.
sagg
I like gen 4 looking back but only because it was the only generation I remember playing with friends. It was really slow though, like reaaally slow. That music was fantastic though.
Syaxamaphone
Gen 4 was kind of forgetible for me. I didn't think it was bad tho, just not really a big leap from 3.

I actually really hate gen 5's mode 7-ass sprites, but I don't think that there was any excuse for gen 4 to not have already been on top of this.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Zae Eildus
going to gen 4 honestly the speed never seemed to bother me too much now that i think about but maybe that comes from playing tons of rpgs that are really slow to begin with like classic dragon quest games or some other really old rpgs for nes and snes. Although i do like how the physical and special split turned out and theres a good chunk of gen 4 pokemon i like. Kinda wish the trade evolutions werent so big on gen 4 though, and kinda wish some of the stats on some evos were better too, but what can ya do? Overall i think its pretty good for a pokemon game, not my favorite but its certainly not one i have any really major issues with.
Draku
Trade evos are the stupidest fucking thing. They don't serve their intended purpose of people sharing Pokemon because you'll just ask for it right back after the trade and since it FORCES interaction it's not any fun either. Especially now that we have online trading they make no sense at all and are simply a busywork method of evolution that has no sense of accomplishment to it whatsoever. Really needed to be removed and reworked as a mechanic multiple gens ago.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Zae Eildus
oh yeah its very obnoxious and really serves real no purpose, luckily its still easier today but that doesnt mean its a good thing whatsoever. Honestly it was just a really bad idea from the start anyway as the series gets older you cant really trade from older gens, and i get thats what remakes are for but that still doesnt mean it wasnt a good idea and some people dont have access to remakes either, so its like why bother? A little rambeling but yeah im not too big on it.
Beako
(Feb 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM)zelma Wrote: nobody likes gen 4 from pokemon but why

[Image: bmYPgEu.gif]

As soon as I saw this thing I realized I was too old for Pokémon.
Revolver Ocelot
I liked the idea of the Underground from Gen 4 and would probably pick up a remake if the Underground was turned into an online thing.

Aside from that well gee whiz it sure was another Pokemon game. I will say it's where I got burned out on the series and generally stopped playing (though the GSC remakes are the besterest).
You're pretty good.
sealelement
(Feb 20, 2017 at 6:25 AM)Revolver Ocelot Wrote: I liked the idea of the Underground from Gen 4 and would probably pick up a remake if the Underground was turned into an online thing.

Oh my GOD THE UNDERGROUND WAS SO AMAZING I LOVED IT TO DEATH I really hope it comes back but even more amazing than before and with online play and new features and more decorations oh that'd be great please nintendo do it for the switch
100% pure gamer 100%
DragonFreak
(Feb 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM)zelma Wrote: I could see why for D/P but Platnium? Boring? It even fixed a little bit of the pacing problems and speed of the battles.

I'm the most diehard pokemang but I see gen 4 get a lot of hate across the board which weirds me out.
This is basically my opinion. Plus HG/SS is literally sex
Spritanium
(Feb 20, 2017 at 5:25 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Feb 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM)zelma Wrote: nobody likes gen 4 from pokemon but why

[Image: bmYPgEu.gif]

As soon as I saw this thing I realized I was too old for Pokémon.
I really don't get it

Looks barely different from earlier Pokemon, I would've believed it was from gen2 if not for my encyclopaedic knowledge of the first three gens
Spritanium
If anything the newer designs are superior. Gen 1 is made up of 90% easy animal cartoons. Gen 2 is a huge improvement over the first one and I'd argue the designs have continued to become more creative and refined since then.

For instance that keyring Pokemon is fucking awesomely creative, and it doesn't even look stupid. I don't know why people get so mad about that one. Gen1 has Magnemite which is just a sphere with magnets, and it evolves into three of itself glued together. Or Voltorb which is a PokeBall with eyes, and evolves into a PokeBall with different eyes and a mouth. Real groundbreaking stuff but without the nostalgia goggles it's a bit underwhelming
Spritanium
Random question, why was Magnemite retyped to electric/steel for gen2 but Voltorb stayed just electric? Is Voltorb made of plastic? That makes it even dumber
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Magnemite is much better candidate for Steel given its color and screws and shit

Voltorb is just a weird poke ball thing