YouTubers 'Just a Prank Bro's Their Kids; Ends Up Being Child Abuse

Spritanium
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Apr 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote: People don't give a shit about the Bad and Evil parts of society until someone films it and puts it on the internet, then they direct all their anger toward this one family as if it's going to do anything to stop child abuse as a whole

I don't think anyone is expecting to stop child abuse as a whole by railing this family, but I can't think of a better target for vitriol than parents that profit from harassing their children and filming the reaction. I truly do not believe the reactions from the younger children are fake, when the parents say the videos are fake they don't necessarily mean that everyone was in on the joke, they mean that they were made under false pretenses.

i.e. HAHA I BROKE YOUR XBOX AND SCREAMED AT YOU WHILE YOU CRIED BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE I HAD A NEW ONE RIGHT HERE
Youtube should've just banned the channel for depicting child abuse, which I can assume is against the TOS in some way. We only know about this story because news outlets are capitalizing on our constant desire to find a reasonable target to get mad at
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I mean I'm sure someone's killing or raping a child right now and we're not mad about it. But we know it's happening. It's just not right in front of us, we're properly detached from it, so we can ignore it just like we'd be ignoring this family if they weren't on youtube

If someone decides to donate millions of dollars to adoption agencies and the CPS, that might help child abuse become less of a problem. Yelling at a couple of shitty parents as if they're representative of the entire problem doesn't solve much
Where the fuck are you getting this idea that this is some sort of poster family for stopping child abuse the world over?
Spritanium
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I mean I'm sure someone's killing or raping a child right now and we're not mad about it. But we know it's happening. It's just not right in front of us, we're properly detached from it, so we can ignore it just like we'd be ignoring this family if they weren't on youtube

If someone decides to donate millions of dollars to adoption agencies and the CPS, that might help child abuse become less of a problem. Yelling at a couple of shitty parents as if they're representative of the entire problem doesn't solve much
Where the fuck are you getting this idea that this is some sort of poster family for stopping child abuse the world over?
Well it would be kind of weird to get upset at this situation without being in favor of stopping child abuse the world over

But we're all going to go right back to not caring about child abuse really soon. I just don't see how witnessing something for ourselves makes it any more of a big deal than it already is
T-man
This is about these two parents faces consequences for making a business out of harassing their kids for a reaction.

Just because we can't stop other abusers who weren't dumb enough to record it for the world to see doesn't mean these people should be given a pass.
Spritanium
These kids should either be removed from this environment or have the environment otherwise improved; I agree with that. It's just that we wait for the news to give us the go-ahead before we get mad about this shit happening. It seems so fake
Spritanium
They definitely shouldn't be given a pass, but it should be handled by local law enforcement because this isn't really a story that's interesting or relevant to us in the long run
Spritanium
I guess it's impossible to avoid these "rallying against the Bad People" situations with the internet being so widespread, it just seems like we use these stories as an excuse to be on the moral high ground even though we don't ever seek out information about similar atrocities

That might not be how you feel at all, that's just how I interpret things whenever this happens
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM)Spritanium Wrote: These kids should either be removed from this environment or have the environment otherwise improved; I agree with that. It's just that we wait for the news to give us the go-ahead before we get mad about this shit happening. It seems so fake

Check that fucking fedora at the door bro. How would you suggest we end child abuse using these parents as a springboard?

What's that?

You can't solve macro problems that easily?

Well I guess for now we'll just need to settle for making an example out of these people.
T-man
And I'm not pissed about this because I want moral brownie points, I'm pissed because I relate to Cody. My older brother used to torment me for a laugh too and it sucked, I can't imagine what it would be like if my parents encouraged him to get an even bigger reaction out of me so they could monetize my humiliation. I can't imagine how unsafe I would feel.
Spritanium
Oh I'm all for making an example of them, but that's not what's going to happen. Once we forget about these assholes, we'll sit idly by until the next heavily-publicized assholes show up. Making an example would require some greater action to be taken beyond this case, but again that's not going to happen. That's the only point I'm trying to make

I don't have a suggestion for ending child abuse, mostly because my opinion toward child abuse begins and ends at "that sucks" and I'm not ready or willing to dedicate my life to such a cause. I'm not saying it's easy, but there are already people who work toward that goal, and 0% of them are people who were inspired to fight child abuse after watching a mean prank on YouTube
Spritanium
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM)T-man Wrote: And I'm not pissed about this because I want moral brownie points, I'm pissed because I relate to Cody. My older brother used to torment me for a laugh too and it sucked, I can't imagine what it would be like if my parents encouraged him to get an even bigger reaction out of me so they could monetize my humiliation. I can't imagine how unsafe I would feel.
See you have a personal connection to this, so it makes sense you feel strongly about it. I feel bad for the kid too but I can't relate to him, so to me this just seems like one case amid thousands
Spritanium
And I don't think anyone actually pretends to care in order to get moral brownie points; it's probably something people don't realize they're doing. I just don't like how the internet gives us the ability to recharge our humanitarian meters by writing inconsequential comments about sucky events. Again I don't mean to take away from your feelings on the subject because you can relate to this case personally
T-man
[Image: C92GWnyUIAAL5C4.jpg]

give us money to sue philip defranco or we'll have to sell our kids' electronics

the pranks never end
Spritanium
Maybe try not having your singular source of income be controversial videos of children being screamed at
Pedigree
(Apr 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: And I don't think anyone actually pretends to care in order to get moral brownie points; it's probably something people don't realize they're doing. I just don't like how the internet gives us the ability to recharge our humanitarian meters by writing inconsequential comments about sucky events. Again I don't mean to take away from your feelings on the subject because you can relate to this case personally

Spritanium, just because you don't see the value in something doesn't mean it's not worth doing. It is because of "inconsequential comments" that these horrible people made these terrible videos private and can no longer make money by exploiting their children. All we can do now is hope that they are humiliatingly defeated at every level so they can't swing this into a win win for them, and manipulate that win into an excuse to keep abusing their children.
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 8:42 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Spritanium, just because you don't see the value in something doesn't mean it's not worth doing. It is because of "inconsequential comments" that these horrible people made these terrible videos private and can no longer make money by exploiting their children. All we can do now is hope that they are humiliatingly defeated at every level so they can't swing this into a win win for them, and manipulate that win into an excuse to keep abusing their children.

Yeah, I was really surprised to see Spritey be so disparaging towards this. He's probably just butthurt that shit he cares about doesn't get the attention required to actually do something about it. I don't think you need to be all in on a moral crusade to fling shit at those who deserve it.

I think what made this particular situation catch fire is that it's like a rotten onion, the more layers you peel back the worse it gets. It's bad enough that these parents are harassing their children on YouTube, but then you find out they're making money off of it. Then you watch more of their videos and see how deep it runs, the children wanting their real mother and the father threatening to "turn the camera off" as if to imply things are even worse when that happens. Then you find out this fucking moron has a PS4, Xbox One, a Switch and a FUCKING ALIENWARE PC and says that he'll have to sell the children's electronics to keep the roof over their head unless you pay up. And all of this is unashamedly being shared with the public.

>b-but you're not stopping child abuse everywhere :(

fuck you, that's no reason not to stomp these shitheads out.
Beako
I can't believe this parent (hate to use that word with him) is blaming Philip DeFranco for calling him out on abusing his children. In his apology video he clearly isn't sorry, it's more like he's sorry for being caught. Him being sorry wouldn't really do anything anyway because he's clearly unfit to raise these children if he gets lulz out of making them cry.
Spritanium
Nobody understands​ the point I'm making lol

In 30 days max everybody will forget about these people forever

Do whatever you want to them, I don't​ care and I'm certainly not butthurt about it
Aidan
(Apr 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Nobody understands​ the point I'm making lol

In 30 days max everybody will forget about these people forever

their kids won't
Spritanium
That sucks