God
the way it should work is that you should only have very high rally if you can't afford to cast any spells. it's dumb that people above level 20 can have anything above 3x rally for an extended period of time.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Fun With Despair
yeah honestly current gain numbers with old gradual dropoff from season 0 would be the ideal

the literal only problem with the gain dropoffs in S0 were the fact that you could hit in the decimal ranges for rally which fucking sucked. If that kind of gradual scaling was thrown in now it would be good shit
Aidan
https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=2...2#pid32242
i think the bottom formula there is what we have rn
God
is RD just a flat rate across all levels? because maybe that's where the problem is
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
(May 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM)OracularREBORN Wrote: is RD just a flat rate across all levels? because maybe that's where the problem is
It is right now, yeah. That's actually a good point. I just now made it a bit harsher but it would be better if it decayed fast as fuck for higher levels and slowly for lower ones.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
yeah that's probably where the issue lies. RD should be increased anyway but it should certainly affect higher levels exponentially.
Fun With Despair
(May 19, 2017 at 5:21 AM)Draku Wrote:
(May 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM)OracularREBORN Wrote: is RD just a flat rate across all levels? because maybe that's where the problem is
It is right now, yeah. That's actually a good point. I just now made it a bit harsher but it would be better if it decayed fast as fuck for higher levels and slowly for lower ones.
yeah fast as fuck decay is good for high levels as long as we don't go back to the decimal bullshit
Draku
New Rally gain formula applied.
Code:
gain = (cost / (100 + level * level * level * .005))

This takes level into more account than the previous one did while still giving out relatively similar and actually better numbers for lower levels but being more taxing than the previously current formula (without the lv50 adjustment which I was going to axe either way) for higher levels. This makes your spellcasts still have oomph on Rally gain with no random drops, but you will definitely feel your gains lower more and more as you gather a lot of EX.

I believe this alteration on top of consuming rally faster than before when you gain EX should sort things out quite a bit.
Battle Eagle
how much longer do we have to fuck with rally until we accept it doesnt work and get rid of it

it was initially only a thing so that people with higher amounts of ex were forced to spend it since APPARENTLY saving all your energy to drop one big spell play was taboo, now people will have 8000+ at a time and nobody cares
Battle Eagle
and then there was shit with classes that was supposed to fuck with rally some more, like lower/higher caps or whatnot

the more you do with rally now the more you have to fuck with it again later because classes are all using older rally numbers
Draku
I've come to like it a lot as a mechanic that encourages casting. You can make mad gains off of using it right and it's fun to do so.
Battle Eagle
i dunno like its fun but i dont think its good

its fun in the same sense that using something with 200 attack/180 speed and pure power is

its certainly better than it used to be but my opinion is just that the most expensive spell (frame that sh*t) should be the baseline for 1x rally
Spritanium
Rally is the best mechanic on this site. It's just sucked for months
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Battle Eagle
dupes are the best mechanic on this site because they have cyan names
God
Make Rally Cyan Again
Draku
The Rally changes seem to be working well enough from what I can see, so I've gone ahead and applied the cost alterations outlined in the first post as well. I'd like a bit more discussion on those, since this thread quickly turned into being solely about Rally.
Fun With Despair
I'm liking the rally changes a decent amount. Had some decent gains even at this high ass level, and it doesn't feel as stupid as it used to.

Regarding concerns about classes, I'll actively adjust those numbers depending on how Rally actually is at that point, nothing in that class thread is final for rather obvious reasons.
Spritanium
For the record I still think I preferred the time-based decay

Being forced to recoup your losses within a set amount of time wasn't unfair, it was a challenge (and a challenge that could be freely ignored, at that)

If your Rally just freezes in place as long as you aren't receiving EX (i.e. posting), then there isn't really any incentive to return to the site anytime soon
Spritanium
That said it's a hell of a lot better than it was
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
(May 29, 2017 at 4:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: For the record I still think I preferred the time-based decay

Being forced to recoup your losses within a set amount of time wasn't unfair, it was a challenge (and a challenge that could be freely ignored, at that)

If your Rally just freezes in place as long as you aren't receiving EX (i.e. posting), then there isn't really any incentive to return to the site anytime soon

wait.. what?

is it not time-based any more? how does it work?