Regarding recent events (not that one)

Spritanium
Yesterday I was THIS close to putting the peeking Chris Hansen png fixed to the corner of every page
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
next time you have an idea that stupid you should just do it
Vertette
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:12 PM)Aidan Wrote: great post kyle. that pretty much sums it up. lock the thread now. there's nothing left to be said, and if spritey wants to keep reminding us that under 16s watch tiktok and freebase fentanyl he can manually edit the database.

Thank god, I never get sick of those posts
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM)Elyk Wrote: The purpose of this thread was not to publicly callout or shame Drei for his accusation. Unfortunately the way it is worded seems to be making several people think that. Drei's report was mentioned as the example of how not to handle things.
thank you for reigning in the thread. There are obviously a lot of _related_ issues here people want to talk about but the reason I came out of the Cave was this issue in particular.

When you (the staff) accuse him of doing this for a stunt in the first post- which is all he replied to in his first reply to defend himself over mind youbefore fwd blew it into his character in general- you make this place untrustworthy to submit reports. Reports being accused as stunts is like 101 with why people don't trust the people handling reports so you blew it.

(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM)Elyk Wrote: This thread was supposed to just be a follow up to the public report and request that in the future these things are brought up and discussed privately with staff. Drei then came into the thread and attempted to argue that he had not handled the situation incorrectly which eventually escalated to him laying all the tracks to out who he was accusing. That is what he was banned for, not the initial post.

If you have a report or a concern please report it to us clearly. Mentioning being uncomfortable offhand on another server where a staff member happens to be present does not count as a clear report.

By reporting stuff to us clearly and privately
- We can assess the report without raising the public anxiety level
- We can act before the accused has a chance to cover their tracks if they're guilty
- We can avoid smearing anybody's name if they're innocent
I agree with the reasoning behind having these ideal reporting situations, but to get those you need more than just guidelines- you need to build the trust that these issues will be handled. In addition to the above issue, you and yrr calling out his report for being more-or-less baseless works against that. (especially when the details of the report aren't even important to this situation, as even stir agrees with the resolution there in his posts)

Also worth noting that even in the ideal world where everyone does trust the staff, things will fall through the cracks and be reported in ways that aren't ideal- we still need to take them seriously and not treat people like shit over it.
Yrrzy
I think I just don't see vagueposting as a report.
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:35 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: I think I just don't see vagueposting as a report.

If there's a concern and you want to prevent grooming situations from going bad (as you guys claimed) then it should be raised. Am I wrong here?

Or is the expectation that everyone needs to be an internet detective and come up with all the evidence in the world for you guys? Hopefully you're going to investigate it anyway?
Yrrzy
I'd love to but "someone on this site might be a pedophile" isnt much to go on
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:42 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: I'd love to but "someone on this site might be a pedophile" isnt much to go on

Are you talking about the report or the post? You said the _report_ was baseless but now it seems like you're talking about his post (that was so baseless that you asked him to turn it into a report?)

The post was relevant to the thread, you guys wanted a report out of it which he provided.
Yrrzy
Ah I see where things have become lost in communication.

The vagueposting in the thread is what was being considered "a stunt".
The report was made when we pressed him for it.
It being "baseless" wasn't actually a problem, just contributed to us not acting on it.
The vagueposting is what we are asking people not do in future.
Voicing your suspicions to staff even if they are without evidence is fine.
Mario
Things become public like that when people feel like real concerns aren't being addressed. Which is exactly what the point was in the thread anyway.

And the specific thing stir reported may not be actionable, but we've certainly had discussions _in this very thread_ about related red flags the staff currently lets slide.
Yrrzy
If you think there are red flags we are letting slide please tell us.

We can't investigate every vaguepost without any information to go on.
Mario
@Spritanium has got this covered
Yrrzy
Spritanium was staff up until he ducked out Today, if he didn't act on anything or tell us anything then I don't know what we can do about that.
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: If you think there are red flags we are letting slide please tell us.
please make sure we are able to trust you by not calling out people who make reports in ways you guys don't like

(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: We can't investigate every vaguepost without any information to go on.
who is asking for this, seriously?
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: Spritanium was staff up until he ducked out Today, if he didn't act on anything or tell us anything then I don't know what we can do about that.

no i was referring to his posts in this thread with the 'please tell us about red flags'- he's really. truly. got that covered here
Yrrzy
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: We can't investigate every vaguepost without any information to go on.

(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote: please make sure we are able to trust you by not calling out people who make reports in ways you guys don't like
Fun With Despair
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:48 PM)Mario Wrote: Things become public like that when people feel like real concerns aren't being addressed. Which is exactly what the point was in the thread anyway.

And the specific thing stir reported may not be actionable, but we've certainly had discussions _in this very thread_ about related red flags the staff currently lets slide.
To clarify, regarding current red flags, staff is currently involved in discussion on dealing with these kinds of things right now as we speak. We are actually talking about it and how to handle this situation among others in the future.

But that cuck Draku isn't around so we must wait.
Mario
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:54 PM)Yrrzy Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote:

(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote: please make sure we are able to trust you by not calling out people who make reports in ways you guys don't like

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. STIR MADE A REPORT WHEN YOU GUYS ASKED. THERE IS NO VAGUEPOSTING ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT VAGUEPOSTING REFERS TO
Fun With Despair
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:55 PM)Mario Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote: who is asking for this, seriously?

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. STIR MADE A REPORT WHEN YOU GUYS ASKED. THERE IS NO VAGUEPOSTING ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT VAGUEPOSTING REFERS TO
honestly we just much rather would have had him send us the report to begin with rather than make his initial post that pretty much made half the discord wonder who was the pedophile hiding among them and cause a paranoia fit
Yrrzy
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:55 PM)Mario Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM)Mario Wrote: who is asking for this, seriously?

Drei was not called out for making a report.
Drei was called out for vagueposting as linked in the OP of this very thread.
He did then make a report when pressed on it, him doing that was good and what we want people to do instead of vagueposting.