mario the movie poster (new game awards clip)

T-man
comercial español con nuevas escenas

Elyk
I hope they keep including new footage for each language until we get the entire movie.
Spritanium
Does it bug anyone else that this is called "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" instead of "Super Mario Bros: The Movie" or just "Super Mario"

The current title creates high hopes of Mario opening the film with "Hey paisanos, it's the Super Mario Bros. Movie!" which is certain to not happen, and aside from that it just sounds like what somebody would call the movie if they didn't know the real name

"Super Mario" would actually be a great title because the movie seems centered around Mario, a regular guy, entering a magical world and unlocking his Super potential. Also it barely seems like Luigi plays a role other than being scared. What does he do in this plot to earn the Super moniker
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
it's a fuck up actually because it isn't the only super mario bros movie. if anything they should call it A Super Mario Bros Movie
Spritanium
They should've called it "How Mario Got His Super Back"
Aidan
they should maximize brand recognition and call it Guardians of the Super Mario Galaxy
Spritanium
Idea for the sequel: everybody is tired from saving the kingdom so they decide to take a vacation, but they forget to invite Luigi who has won a free mansion
Spritanium
They can call it "The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2: Luigi Bored"
Aidan
i hope they make a mario sunshine movie soon and call it Pinna Parks and Recreation
Yrrzy
i think the idea is that "the Super" prefix applies to Mario, the Mario Bros., and the Movie
Aidan
(Dec 1, 2022 at 7:53 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: i think the idea is that "the Super" prefix applies to Mario, the Mario Bros., and the Movie

does the same logic apply to The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
T-man
mario music CONFIRMED
Draku
(Dec 9, 2022 at 3:24 AM)T-man Wrote: mario music CONFIRMED
Laughed really hard when Mario made the hilarious observation that the bricks were just floating in place and then did the funny Newgrounds-tier pipe gag. I hope he hits his head on a brick and goes OOF in the full movie!
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
13 year old me would go insane for this movie so i cant be mad
this looks Fun
Fun With Despair
(Dec 9, 2022 at 4:51 AM)Draku Wrote:
Laughed really hard when Mario made the hilarious observation that the bricks were just floating in place and then did the funny Newgrounds-tier pipe gag. I hope he hits his head on a brick and goes OOF in the full movie!
genuinely don't know what you expect. outside of the RPGs and the occasional weird side game, Mario is like the most boring basic vanilla bitch franchise in the entire world. no shit there are jokes about exactly the kind of thing that people have been joking about for decades, it's because Mario is so god damn fucking bland that there's barely anything else to joke about besides the obligatory "WHOOOOAAA DUDE WHAT IF THE MUSHROOMS WERE DRUGS"
Draku
(Dec 9, 2022 at 2:45 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2022 at 4:51 AM)Draku Wrote:
genuinely don't know what you expect. outside of the RPGs and the occasional weird side game, Mario is like the most boring basic vanilla bitch franchise in the entire world. no shit there are jokes about exactly the kind of thing that people have been joking about for decades, it's because Mario is so god damn fucking bland that there's barely anything else to joke about besides the obligatory "WHOOOOAAA DUDE WHAT IF THE MUSHROOMS WERE DRUGS"
The RPGs, as you said, have proven that you can do great things with the franchise and roll whatever you want in with tons of creativity. Superstar Saga did not go particularly far and I still think that its comedy is on-point. Issue being that not only is Miyamoto at the reins guaranteeing No Fun, Illumination is the one handling it otherwise and their brand of humor is just obnoxious.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Dec 9, 2022 at 2:49 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2022 at 2:45 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2022 at 4:51 AM)Draku Wrote: Laughed really hard when Mario made the hilarious observation that the bricks were just floating in place and then did the funny Newgrounds-tier pipe gag. I hope he hits his head on a brick and goes OOF in the full movie!
The RPGs, as you said, have proven that you can do great things with the franchise and roll whatever you want in with tons of creativity. Superstar Saga did not go particularly far and I still think that its comedy is on-point. Issue being that not only is Miyamoto at the reins guaranteeing No Fun, Illumination is the one handling it otherwise and their brand of humor is just obnoxious.
Yeah fundamentally the RPGs are from an era of Nintendo that is not only dead, but buried so deep that they don't even want to reference any of it remotely anymore. I can't even really feel strongly one way or the other about this at the end of the day because it's a movie about a franchise that I haven't given a shit about for like a decade because all the content for it that I actually liked has been buried for a decade, so I generally had expectations so low that I am surprised it doesn't look 100% like New Super Mario Bros. in terms of character design and that it even pretends to have a plot that isn't about the princess being kidnapped

That being said, Illumination definitely does suck donkey balls.
T-man
it's sad how vanilla has become associated with an absence of flavor, especially because it's delicious
Fun With Despair
(Dec 9, 2022 at 4:41 PM)T-man Wrote: it's sad how vanilla has become associated with an absence of flavor, especially because it's delicious
it is actually my favorite ice cream flavor but don't tell miyamoto that or he might start thinking I like mario
Spritanium
It all looks great. The general attitude here has been really cynical and I just don't get it. Looks like a super faithful and fun adaptation with the coolest version of Toad Town I've ever seen. They even gave it some verticality; this is the first iteration of the Mushroom Kingdom where the floating obstacle courses actually seem like they belong in the same world