DxHustler3000

[Image: Y9Y0f4c.png]

Jonsohn Smithy... a man of great value. His potential... unfathomable. His worth... exceptional. I took him in and taught him the nuance of patience, self-actualisation... he was going to be my Chief Human Resources Officer. And now... gone. For what? Of what merit was this death? He broke no seals. He made no enemies.

Know this, killer. You spilled holy blood. I don't care who you are; this will prove to be your final mistake.

Lesson 11: Spilling holy blood

Damage to my flock is damage to my investments. My personal projects. When a billionaire marks another being with the essence of a Hustler, it is expected that they will shortly ascend to the billionaire's social class. Your paltry attempts to discard this notion are an affront to the natural order. Smithy was simply a better person than many of you. Perhaps that inspired jealousy in you. Regardless, balance must be restored with ritual execution.

...Anyway. My testimony.

My first order of business, after leaving my dorm under the watchful eye of Miss Yawaza, is stock counts. My attempt to replenish my office equipment is thwarted, naturally, by Nashu, wielding a bladed guitar. We trade blows, and achieve nothing. Know this - there are no winners when the combat is unprovoked. Only losers. I appreciated her demonstration of prowess, but her foresight seems to be... unformidable. I depart, looking to demonstrate some prowess of my own.

Thanks to my successes yesterday, I am now capable of accessing almost every part of this facility. Such as Restricted Files, home to an array of secret business tips. There, I discovered the ninth page of the Traveler's Journal. I will present this when things have calmed down.

My next item on the agenda was to repair my Sigma Blades, which suffered some damage in yesterday's scheme. So, through I go to the Geology Lab, seeing a cracked power drill, presumably dropped. This was Smithy's drill. According to our investigations, this can only mean that our victim was ambushed here, and taken somewhere else while dazed or unconscious. How curious.

By the time I'm in the kitchen, I am attacked (metaphorically) by a blackout. Sight is a business winner's primary tool - the ability to observe a stock graph is known colloquially as a method of prayer. But, this is but a minor setback for me. I've faced ravenous investors in the overwhelming darkness of the Bezos underground dungeons. A small blackout in a domestic environment? Not a problem. With some effort, the blades are re-forged.

Next, I make use of my newfound accessability advancements to explore Lab Zero. Of note;
-The wretched chanting creature had been dispatched to the Holding Cell.
-There are many masks of poor make here. Modern manufacturing is impressive in its speed and accuracy, but the old ways triumph in more important aspects, such as... well, I like the old ways. My feelings on this matter are self-explanatory.

When I leave for the Facility Lobby, and the lights come back on, I spot Columbo heading to the dorms. Not particularly assured by his presence, I decide to invest in my own safety in the Armory. I am, in some ways, closer to immortality than ever before.

My final act on the schedule was to solve the Chapel's grand conundrum once and for all - a puzzle that, thankfully, had been solved by Pea before I even had the chance. We confront, we stare, we ponder. But for all my strengths, I am only mildly bulletproof, and he had a gun. The battle was not worth fighting, so I returned to sleep.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Phenera
Oh, oh, Dr. Lyra! We know you're busy spending time with your new hair stylist, but the records of the night everyone have gathered make it seem like you could have useful information with your proximity to the crime scene.

Can we please have your testimony soon, Doctor? The portions in the Auxiliary Building if you need to know the investigative priority.
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
DxHustler3000
Let's check the fountain, river, lakeside and the edge of the woods for anything that might've been discarded over the night.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Alan Wake
In less murder-related events, (and as such, this can wait until trial is over) - I'd like to try and retrace my steps in the forest to the area I found a few nights ago - the one with the hole.
Columbo
Where would you get a "katana" in this place, anyway? Do we just have a stockpile of Japanese swords in the Armory?
Columbo
Walk the perimeter of the Auxuilary building real quick for anything out of place.
Oh, and give a more thorough look at the Archaeologist's office, behind the counter in the Cafeteria, the Auxiliary bathroom stalls, and any other places in those rooms where you could hide a body. Just to make sure we ain't overlooking anything.
Pea
(Apr 15, 2024 at 9:27 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote:
Lesson 11: Spilling holy blood

i did this
Riki
Riki big sniff sniff Smithy room... get ordinary Hom Hom scent, check to see if get move by killer before bye-bye. Should work... Heropon think so...
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 3:42 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton tries to sign a question to Nancy and 23 - "did you notice someone with a Hawk mask early in the night? If so, did the mask quality match others from the masquerade that we've seen?"
[Image: mask_rtnkxy.png]

A hawk mask... Hm, maybe. With everything that happened last night, I'm not sure....

Unlike some, my mind remains sharp and uncompromised. I would recognize that mask anywhere. The Hawk, a brave and noble creature indeed. You should consider yourself proud to wear such a mask, goblin.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 4:01 AM)Giffany Wrote: Hello, Spooks! You look so, handsome with that mustache! Could you please show the CCTV feed of the, Chapel, I requested from you? I think the Chapel is so interesting!
[Image: winkmask_geuiau.png]

Certainly! One moment, please...

Spooks' monitor once again begins to display an image...

You see the Chapel, the camera placed at the doorway facing the bulk of the area. Someone enters, clad in a GARGOYLE MASK. They wait around, until someone in a PHARAOH MASK enters with a Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Disk on their arm. They say something and play a card, and GARGOYLE MASK's mask is replaced with a TORTURE MASK, the pain of which makes them pass out.

A while after, someone in a RAT MASK enters and helps GARGOYLE MASK up. They seem to converse about something, then someone in a SNAKE MASK enters. SNAKE MASK places a golden chalice on the altar, cuts their hand to bleed into the chalice, then gives the chalice a twist. The wall behind the altar begins to slide open, revealing a golden doorway. TORTURE MASK goes to inspect it, but SNAKE MASK raises a gun at the back of their head. RAT MASK raises his gun at SNAKE MASK and SNAKE MASK raises a second gun at RAT MASK.

The camera feed cuts out, and when it returns, you see SNAKE MASK guarding the glowing doorway with their gun. You see two other people look into the Chapel, but you can't make out their masks due to the overhead placement of the camera by the door.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 4:03 AM)Dodo Wrote: Check the patio, geology lab, and cafeteria for signs of the device's effects. Bring the device with me and press buttons again if thats possible.
You pick up the device and walk around these areas, pressing the buttons. Nothing seems to happen.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 4:10 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Check to see if the downstairs bathroom has any mirrors missing. And also, check how long it'd take to remove a mirror off the wall
You check out the downstairs bathrooms. One of the mirrors has been pulled off of the wall. It seems like it would be pretty easy to take a mirror off the wall, as they are just hanging mounted on screws drilled into the wall.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 4:56 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: Just to be thorough - let's look for hoes in the boathouse, as well as in the boiler room.
You look for hoes in the Boathouse. Unfortunately, besides yourself, you do not see any. There are some yard work implements including various hoes in the Boiler Room however.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 5:00 AM)Riki Wrote: Riki match Smithy shoulder kapows to hoe, kitchen knife, other stabby things friends like to check?
You inspect the victim's shoulder wounds, comparing them to various "stabby things". It does not appear they match. In fact, they appear rather strange. The wounds look as though they're bursting outward.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 9:11 AM)Dodo Wrote: Can I investigate how exactly the victim's mask is attached to his head, and whether it is consistent with how our own masks are attached?

Also, what material are our masks made of?

Is there anything unusual about the state of the victim's mask, apart from it being melted? Does it look like it's blocking his airways or something? Can I see the victim's eyes through the mask? What do they look like?
You inspect the victim's DRAGON MASK. It seems to largely be melted to his face by the heat, but otherwise it doesn't appear particularly attached to his face by magical means like yours are. You suspect though that this is because he is dead rather than anything to do with mask shenanigans. It doesn't look like it's blocking his airways, as the mask's snout still extends outwards a fair amount over where his nose and mouth would be.

His eyes appear as though they are somewhat melted, though otherwise there is nothing odd about them.

Your collective masks appear to be made of some sort of rubber material, consistent with the victim's.
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 11:39 AM)DxHustler3000 Wrote: Let's check the fountain, river, lakeside and the edge of the woods for anything that might've been discarded over the night.
You check the Fountain, River, Mirror Lake, and the edge of the woods for anything discarded. It doesn't look like anything's been dumped in any of these places.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 12:41 PM)Columbo Wrote: Where would you get a "katana" in this place, anyway? Do we just have a stockpile of Japanese swords in the Armory?
[Image: thinkmask_ra0o2b.png]

Actually, we had one in the Killing Game Lab. Kyahaha, I think it was used to kill some bozo on an island a long time ago or something. Probably nobody important, otherwise it probably wouldn't just be sitting around.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 1:19 PM)Columbo Wrote: Walk the perimeter of the Auxuilary building real quick for anything out of place.
Oh, and give a more thorough look at the Archaeologist's office, behind the counter in the Cafeteria, the Auxiliary bathroom stalls, and any other places in those rooms where you could hide a body. Just to make sure we ain't overlooking anything.
You look at the Archaeologist's Office closely, as well as behind the Cafeteria counter. Neither one appears to have anything out of place, though it is possible someone could have been hidden here provided they weren't bleeding.

(Apr 15, 2024 at 2:23 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki big sniff sniff Smithy room... get ordinary Hom Hom scent, check to see if get move by killer before bye-bye. Should work... Heropon think so...
You sniff Smithy's room, placing your pig mask over your regular mask. Looks kind of stupid, but isn't this whole thing stupid, deep down?

With the scent memorized, you head over to the Geology Lab and put your nose to the ground, sniffing and snorting as you walk... The Geology Lab smells mostly just of burning, but the Cafeteria DOES contain traces of the scent you're looking for.

The Archaeologist's Office though... It smells very strongly of Smithy, and the scent is more recent than the Cafeteria.
Izumi Konata
gonna inspect the chem lab for any missing chemicals, other than the ones we know are missing from earlier nights
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 11:12 AM)Phenera Wrote: Oh, oh, Dr. Lyra! We know you're busy spending time with your new hair stylist, but the records of the night everyone have gathered make it seem like you could have useful information with your proximity to the crime scene.

Can we please have your testimony soon, Doctor? The portions in the Auxiliary Building if you need to know the investigative priority.

[Image: mask2_h8pszr.png]

Let me guess, I'm a suspect again, huh? Kyeh, you people need to expand your list a little bit. Besides, I finally get another ally and then immediately kill some random guy? Get a grip - that's the kind of move only an idiot would pull.

I'll testify though - even if I didn't do anything you'd consider important. Don't expect me to have as much to say as the robot did, at least.

Well, I was just spending time tidying up the Anomaly Lab, when I heard some sounds from the hallway. I went out to see what was going on, and there was this bozo with a HORSE MASK trying to break an Anomaly out! Now, I know I'm not exactly a member of the Control Department or anything, but let me tell you - once 3733's out, it's a hell of a time to deal with the mess it makes.

I contemplated, of course, giving him a taste of the power granted to my by the Thalassic Seal, but... Kyahaha! It was way more fun to just zap him with my taser! The guy was out cold, just lying on the floor!

After that... Well, I wanted to get my hands on something from the Chem Lab, so I made my way over to the Auxiliary Building. I took the shuttle, in case it matters, but I'm sure even you could've deduced that. I definitely didn't see anyone alone the way though... Anyway, when I got upstairs, I heard some noises from the Geology Lab when I got upstairs, and went to investigate...

[Image: nico2mask_f4fhmt.png]

It was Nico! Kyahaha! Finally, a friendly face!

[Image: mask_b5qraf.png]

There was nothing murderous going on, before you start laser focusing on the dumbest theory ever. She was just trying to find some stuff to get back at that little football twerp! She described our interactions well enough, and after I advised her on how to identify the target, I left her alone and grabbed what I needed from the Chem Lab.

Oh yeah... In the Geology Lab, some moron left their drill on the floor! C'mon people, pick up your equipment!

I went back to the Anomaly Lab after that. Horse Guy was still there on the floor. I had an excellent idea, you see - as always. You people have been dunking on my methods since day one, so I actually decided to try and play nice and be helpful. I was GOING to start building a machine to help counteract this mastermind's tricks using what I know of Anomalies and their functionalities.

But before I could do anything, the power went out! I can't work in the dark!

Well, I figured I might as well go to the barbecue. I mean, why not, right? I made sure to clean up my workstation, then left. I can't see super well in the dark, but... Kyeh, I'm pretty sure Horse Guy wasn't there at this point. I went upstairs to the Patio and hung around in the dark. Some guy came in and said something about complimenting the chef with a computer voice, but it was too dark for any kind of party. Kyahaha, just as well, I hate parties.

When the power came back on, I saw there were a couple people here. The robot, obviously. Someone in a PLAGUE DOCTOR MASK, and someone in a CAT MASK. Some RABBIT GUY too, on the floor in a big coat. Around that time, HORSE MASK was brave enough to show his face again - and he had 3733! Ughhhh....

He got his stupid rats everywhere and then left, and that wasn't even the worst part. This guy in a DOG MASK showed up and he would NOT shut up! Kyeh... It felt like hours, he was just rambling about his brother and how he liked parties and always ate too much and had to go home early so he would always complain about never being there for the fun parts - but it was totally his fault and-

[Image: mask_b5qraf.png]

...Well, he left, thankfully, after someone in a PHARAOH MASK started talking to me, then... handed me a blunt. I uh... I don't think these are allowed in a laboratory environment. I guess it depends on the lab though. I'm sure those losers at Tertiary Facility 3-S are smoking up 24/7.

After that, I went back down to the labs. Same way I came up. I waited around for Nico, and the two of us continued my work until the end of the night. I let her sleep on an office chair, she didn't have her own room.

Speaking of though...

Bird! Put that box down, stop carrying it around! It's not finished yet, you're gonna break it!

Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 3:17 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: gonna inspect the chem lab for any missing chemicals, other than the ones we know are missing from earlier nights
There are no more basic chemicals missing, however there IS something missing from the room where radioactive materials are kept.
Izumi Konata
Dr Lyra, what direction did Horse mask arrive to the party from? Downstairs, or the facility grounds?
Dodo
(Apr 15, 2024 at 3:54 PM)Spooks? Wrote:

Speaking of though...

Bird! Put that box down, stop carrying it around! It's not finished yet, you're gonna break it!

[Image: 5d963dbfd31e388f54cde6e0e5cb57b7c9a477c4.gifv]

NO! IF THIS MAKES POPCORN I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS!
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 3:59 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Dr Lyra, what direction did Horse mask arrive to the party from? Downstairs, or the facility grounds?

Horse guy came upstairs. I don't really know what he was doing in the meantime, but he might've went a different way and I missed him. Either that, or he actually was still lying there like a moron and I just couldn't see him. Kyeh... I hate blackouts.
Riki
Riki know where to get lab coat? Lab coat under Smithy... any picture on coat to narrow down place?
Spooks?

[Image: mask1_bihlmx.png]

Okay, I know the drill. I get the picture. Testimony, yep. Sure thing. Whatever.

Outside of the infamous Chapel Incident, I saw approximately fuck all. You're welcome for letting me waste your own time - I don't think I was anywhere near the murder. Never even left the main building, if you don't count the Lounge. Anyway, I wasn't going to the lame-ass barbecue, so I went to the Kitchen straightaway to grab myself a snack. Fridge is still gone, which is really cool, but it didn't matter.

Some guy in a LION MASK was asleep on the Lounge floor I guess.

Now, fridge being gone and all, I really had to get creative. Not a whole lot of nonperishables in here. I found some cookies though, just as this gunshot went off. I guess it was someone shooting at the victim, if I've been getting what's going on. I saw a guy in a RABBIT MASK afterwards, but he just wanted to talk. No big deal.

[Image: mask3_vxuqto.png]

Anyway, Dodo asked me to meet him up in the Chapel, so I took the Shuttle over to the Facility Lobby and went upstairs. Walked over to the Chapel, and this guy's just passed on the floor, wearing this fucked up mask. I helped him up, and we hung around. See, he told me there was a good chance we could solve the Chapel puzzle tonight, and I believed him. Dunno why, but its crazy that one of the most trustworthy guys in this building is a giant bird man.

This guy in a SNAKE MASK showed up after that. I guess Dodo was expecting a third party to show up, so I didn't really give a shit. He went up to the altar with this chalice, and started doing some fucked-up ritual stuff. Sliced his hand open like a psycho and everything. Whatever he did though, it worked. The wall behind the Chapel slid open like butter. Once of those Seal Chambers behind it, if I had to guess. Do whatever you want with that info.

Dodo went to check it out, but SNAKE MASK had the sheer titanium-plated nuts to pull a gun on him! I pulled my own gun right back on this SNAKE MASK, then SNAKE MASK pulled a second gun on me! What the fuck? Who does that!?

[Image: mask2_eiyuyi.png]

Around that time... The power went out. Great.

Couldn't see shit, but someone was shooting. Not at me, thankfully. I decided I'd actually take action for once, and tackled SNAKE MASK while I was concealed by the darkness - but he started explaining himself. It was Pea, apparently. He just didn't want the seal getting broken then and there. Didn't think that possible, but I understand the vibe. Paranoia's a bitch. He was gonna spend the rest of the night guarding the seal, so I left after our talk.

I wanted to get the power turned on again, but I didn't know where to start. I figured the Security Office was a safe bet, and headed down there. Managed to find myself a flashlight and took a look around. Someone took the first aid kit, but outside of that, I was shit out of luck. I turned that place upside down looking for a breaker or some kind of emergency power, but it eventually came back on while I was looking anyway.

[Image: mask1_bihlmx.png]

After that, I just got on the elevator and Shuttled back to the Lounge. Didn't really see anything else after that. Can I take this stupid mask off now?
Spooks?
(Apr 15, 2024 at 4:16 PM)Riki Wrote: Riki know where to get lab coat? Lab coat under Smithy... any picture on coat to narrow down place?
It does not appear as though the coat contains any discernable identifying marks. It is extremely burned, maybe the most burned thing in that entire room.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_glare.gif]
I need to ask them a question, but I fear that, if I near them.............
............... It will be worth the, attempt.

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_asking.gif]
Hello, the M̸̢͓̰̪̀͗̑̐̓a̵͙̜̜̻͕̯̯̝̽́̇͠s̶͇͔̣͉͛̓̈̔̆͜͝t̸̪͕̠̭̰̤̩̣͘e̸̫̱̻͙̹͐r̸͎̯͖̦̓m̶̺̫̬͎͖̙͂̋̉̑͘͝í̵͇̠͗̏n̵̛̲̰̻̖̭̾̓̀̿̌ͅd̵̖͍͐̽̓͗!̶̰̫̘̱̺̮͆̈̊̕ You still have not given us your, name! And you are still making my ṕ̴̼̜͆ŗ̸̲̙͂͊̊͑̈ͅó̸̧͔̜͔̈̑ͅg̴̢̑̌r̵̬͚̬̣̱͋a̵̮͔͝m̷̤̜̳̑̈̀̇ feel funny! This is not very, helpful to me!

Maybe you can, remedy this issue! W̶̢̡̛͓͕͋͐͐h̷̪̪͍̔̍͑̀ǎ̷̘t̶͖̏̍͒̓̋͝ ̴̻̗͍̽͑̽̋̚c̸̳̎͠ͅă̵̮̯͔̖̄̓̾̆͜͝n you tell me about the, language and characters on the m̵͚̪̺̅̚o̶̭̍͆͌͝ñ̸͚̘ͅĩ̵̪̻̭̋͜t̶͖̮̤͊ǫ̵̧̯̈ŕ̴̜͂͌s̶̠̙̩̜͆͋͂ͅ ̸̱̞̭̠͓̰̉͌̽͝͝į̶͈͓̪͚̞̃n the Facility Depths?

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_glare.gif]
................̵͇̩̬̆̓.̶̢̡̠̋́.̵̬̞̲́.̴̡̭̥͐̂͠.̶͍̜͉͒.̸̮͉͗̌Ẃ̴̢͙̙̭̋͆͗̏h̸̢̉̑̓̓̀̊y̶̨̗̹̭̯̩͋ ̷͕̞͔͇̫̂̍̅͝͝ḋ̸̨̝̻̣̯̍̅̐̚o ̴̨̛̼̗̞̅̑̂͜Í̴͔̪̻̅̂̀͐̇ ̷͚̑͆̎̌ṟ̷͛̉́́̍̐e̷͍̳̿̚c̷̟̥͓̍̔̃̚͝ǫ̵͙͋̈́̆͑̓͝ͅg̸̜̻̅ņ̸̣̜͔͚̀̑̍̒ī̷̺̲̋́̃́̎͜z̶̫̐̔̇͊͘ḙ̷͈̐̈́ ̶͇́̃͜i̴̧̪̓̏̋̋̓̕t̴͇͓́s̵͔̬̭̞̓ ̶̛̠̀͊ǫ̶̩͚͈̻̚r̴͉͎͈̬̲̋̈́̿̈́̅i̷̞͐̽͒͘g̷͈̙̲̲̖̬̑̈́̓̑̂ỉ̵̢̖̬̪̺̃̊̾͆̽n̸͖̔̑̄͝ş̷̀̌͆̉͘͝?̸̥͚̟̣̱͉̚͘
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]